Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Nutt ever be forgiven?

Started by NuttinItUp, March 26, 2008, 01:17:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

March 26, 2008, 04:04:36 pm #50 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:18:32 pm by cosmodrum
Quote from: gohogsgo006 on March 26, 2008, 02:17:41 pm
i love it... "DONT HAVE EYES!!!"......"Loud NOISES!!"

Seriously though, Nutt needs his own Forum. I think people have an subconscious crush on the guy

I've never wanted to take a crap on any of my crush's faces.

Dale however...
Go away, batin'

TOMMY DAWG 55

March 26, 2008, 04:15:59 pm #51 Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:19:22 pm by TOMMY DAWG 55
Re: Will Nutt ever be forgiven?
------------------------------

HECK NO!!!  :puke:

Vandimar

15 years is a long time. I'm willing to bet that whatever dislike I have for Nutt at the moment will be loooong gone by then. In all honestly what I'll remember is the first few years when it was so great to have him, when anything was better than Danny Ford. Do you remember how great it was to not be 4-7? My memory has a long history of only remembering good things though, and though I was more angry with Nolan back in the day than I have ever been with Nutt now I can definitely respect Nolan for the great things he accomplished here.

Not to mention..as Nutt runs Ole Miss even further in the ground, giving us an easy win every year I have a feeling my positive feelings toward him will increase :D
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

kitshicker

Nutt is nothing more than an afterthought to me now. The only time I will think about the man is when we have to play Ole Miss.

parrishw

Hoot72

There are still some variables, that have to be taken into consideration -- before it can be decided if the Nutt will be forgiven.   I don't think that just because the Nutt, the MSM, Broyles, White,Decker, etc are gone, they have received a pardon from Mitch Mustain and others.  I think it is just a quiet time, and some day the WHOLE story will be told; and then it will be decided if  the Nutt is going to be forgiven.  As long as the Nutt (and others) never admits any wrong doing and apologizes, the hammer is still poised to fall.  I believe that it will fall, and everyone will see just what an egomaniac can do when pushed.  I just don't think there is enough evidence RIGHT NOW, to decide if he can be forgiven.

hoggystyle78

No way, not after he tried to hijack the Razorback football program and turn it into his own little personal play-toy, all the while wallowing in mediocrity and moral victories with which he was satisfied. He ran off some very good people who did truly care about the program and not just themselves. Hell no , never, let Ole miss deal with the clown and when they fire his a$$, and they will, he needs to forget his way back to Arkansas!

hoghearted

As long as we have to face him as head coach at a SEC rival school, the memory of what happened will continue to be 'fresh' in our minds. Until he moves on, is fired or retired hog fans will never forget, and some, like me, will find it difficult to forgive.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

yraciv

Nutt directly attacked fans and players and their families.  Nolan attacked the administration, which is what we did thru banners, protests, etc.  Nolan and Nutt were both wrong with how they went about it.  Nolan questioned his boss and Nutt attacked his players, so which is worse?

Throwback1

Some have, some will, some never will, and it all matters little.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

judgeroyswine

Depends on whether or not he asks for forgiveness I suppose.

But I don't see that happening.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

litmachog

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on March 26, 2008, 01:21:23 pm
Are you ready for the coach we have right now?

Yeah, I'm more than ready.  I'm thowing several truck loads of respect at him right now!!!!   Bring it on Petrino!!

VRaptor

Quote from: VoR on March 26, 2008, 03:35:54 pm
I just don't see it, the only person Nolan left hang out to dry was himself with his outbursts, the story with HDN's departure reminded me more of something I would see on an episode of Law & Order, cold and calculated and intended to be hurtful and devisive.
and mike anderson :)

Robby H

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 26, 2008, 05:55:51 pm
Some have, some will, some never will, and it all matters little.

Dude your signature line rocks. Courtesy of Nathan R. Jessup, Col. USMC.
"Have you for so long eaten of the scraps from [Frank's] table that you've missed your God-Given right to something more!?!"   

-William Wallace, Scottish Rebel and Hogfan

Hogdomer

I think it depends on how successful we are in the next ten years or so.  If we are very successful, he will not be viewed favorably.

If we revert to the 1990-1997 level of football, I predict he will be seen as a much better coach than he was given credit for.

Tejano Jawg

There's that saying "forgive and forget"...I'll take FORGET.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Throwback1

"no but really he will be forgiven by half the people, the other half will still hate him and everyone else just wont care.... "

...is it just me or is that almost a yogiism?
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Throwback1

Quote from: Robby H on March 26, 2008, 06:11:50 pm
Dude your signature line rocks. Courtesy of Nathan R. Jessup, Col. USMC.
he was right ;)

casken

Quote from: kitshicker on March 26, 2008, 04:48:50 pm
Nutt is nothing more than an afterthought to me now. The only time I will think about the man is when we have to play Ole Miss.

Nuff said! Life go on, we all knew we could live without him.  No he does too! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I hope he's never forgiven.  His paleolithic offense, coupled with his total lack of integrity chased in-state talent off faster than a border patrol badge in a Wal-Mart break room has placed him in his proper status.

His ego was larger than winning.  Otherwise, he'd have left Gus alone.  He'd have forgiven Mitch.  He'd have treated Damian right, and he'd have not run off A. Norman.  This doesn't even bring into question his mistreatment of B. Cleveland and several others.  What of his texting of one individual to the exclusion of recruits?  What about his lying of developing a passing game, year after year after year?

Pffttt....He is a King Clown and if more intelligent, would be the anti-christ.  He certainly has the cult of personality following.

I wish him nothing but strife and disappointment for sqaudering our best chance at a national championship and wondrous things in the future all at the mercy of his ego/persona.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

porkurina

I will never forgive Nutt, his family or posse.  EVER

lyon98

Depends on how many of the current fans are dead.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

gcraise1

I will never forgive HDN. Unlike Nolan who by the way did give us a championship. HDN was part of the good ole boy system that IMO has left us years behind other teams in college football and in our on conference when it comes to play calling and knowing how to recruit. Nolan still managed to give us a championship even though "THE BOYS" were against him. I dont excuse Nolan for what he did say on tv about if they paid me money today I would be gone tomorrow. But I do forgive him because of how IMO he was treated. HDN cared more for himself and his brother than he did the players, the U/A and the fans. So no I will never forgive HDN for being unethical and selfish. He got what he deserved in the end, a good kick in the ass. JMO.

staffhog

I took up for this man up until the "December Debacle" and I caught a lot of heat for it here at Hogville.  From that point on I was 180 the other way.

Forgiveness by the UofA will probably happen someday.  As for the fans, it will be on a personal level.  I can't ever see it ever being a good situation.  I remember how I felt about Sutton leaving us and the way Nolan acted but this is snake in the grass stuff that Nutt did.. 

Believe it or not but there are still some who think we screwed up running him off and bringing BP on board.  That is how crazy and extreme this deal is.

hawgfandude

Quote from: hogus maximus on March 26, 2008, 02:55:15 pm
The Chicken-Nutts hatchet job on Gus and Mitch cost us a shot at the national championship two years straight. I will never offer any forgivness to him or that classless broad he married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never!!!! WPS!!!

Thanks for saving me the typing. +1

bigheadred

Man, I tell you there sure are alot of classy and Christian like individuals on this forum. As bad as Nutt was according to you, you could not forgive the man. Now, this does not mean I love Nutt or am a hugger. I am not a church goer or but I do believe I have some character rather than character flaws as some of you.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I could forgive him so long as the Razorbacks are not playing his team. Who knows he could change. You gave MM the benefit of the doubt when he called Nutt a dork in a book for the whole world to see. Can you do the same for a man that knows and has done much for Arkansas, whether you admit it or not? Now, I mean football and nothing else. Show some class toward Nutt like you do MM and Malazahn. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

kimjongsqUeAl

Nutt will be forgiven by me soon but right now I'm having a lot of fun bashing him! :)
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

reddogjcss

Let it go; Forgive & forget; Nutt was Franks BOY; Look at all the good Frank did; now think about him running off Hatfield, Holtzs, Richardson,ETC...... Where did the problem really lie??? Frank???? White???? This is a major problem of one man having to much power & running the show with out no one above him able to touch him!!!! That's my opion; Frank done lots of very good things & lots of very bad things. The higher powers let all the bad go on because of all the money Frank raised; MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!

bigheadred

I am getting some good replies.  ;D ;D ;D ;D I wanted to see if I could hit a nerve. I wish we could put Nutt on a stick and do him like a rotisery oven or roast Nutt over an open fire until he is done. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

slopinhogs

forgiveness not needed just be happy he is gone.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Justifiable Hogicide

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Throwback1

Why are we even discussing forgiving somebody who is never going to ask for it?  I doubt he could possibly care less if any of us forgive him or not.  Time to close this chapter and move on.

PearlHarbor

Forgive him? For blowing multiple NC shots? Because he was more concerned with women and being the big guy? There ain't enough forgiveness in the entire world for that.

I'm about the same age as nutters, but I swear if I outlive him I WILL pee on his grave.

Hoggish1

March 26, 2008, 09:25:30 pm #85 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:34:33 pm by Hoggish1
I never thought Nolan was the problem.  I never thought Houston was the problem.  In both cases it was Frank who was the problem.

I don't think I will be forgetting the problems Frank created; Nolan's hardening for never being accepted into the fold and the subsequent use of White to fire Nolan when it was Frank who created a bitter man, and Frank for using Houston to be defacto coach for 10 years when Frank always knew TCWF's was just an average coach.

In reality Frank screwed Razorback nation because he was too selfish to step aside and let the program rise to greatness. 1964 baby—our man Frank! 

chortle

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on March 26, 2008, 01:40:05 pm
Nolan is being forgiven because we all know the truth now.........

Nutt will never be forgiven because we all know the truth now............

I don't know that there has ever been a truer post than this.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: chortle on March 26, 2008, 09:31:22 pm

I don't know that there has ever been a truer post than this.

Very well put....
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

razorback3072

Why should he be forgiven.  I see people bringing up forgiving Nolan and honoring him and the team.   Nolan may have been right with some of what he said but he was wrong in his approach.  I haven't really forgiven Nolan either but I think he and the team should be recognized for their accomplishment. I didn't agree with most of how Frank handled things but I can recognize his accomplishments and know that he should be honored. 

These guys have actually accomplished significant milestones and championships and deserve to be honored.  What has Nutt done that deserves that?  Don't even begin to compare Nutt in that light.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

hogchic2001

Nope.  I'll hate him Today, Tomorrow, Forever....
Go HOGS Go!

intoxhog

Quote from: wayne1958 on March 26, 2008, 09:32:49 pm
Very well put....

More to the point,, why is this even a legitmite question?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Hoggish1

Quote from: litmachog on March 26, 2008, 01:19:43 pm
A lot of people said the same thing about Nolan and his attack on the school and now everyone wants to honor him.  I see that happening with Nutt.  May take longer but it will happen.  I'm not ready for it now but I can see myself being ready for it two coaches down the line.

Sorry, but what will two coaches down the line have to do with TCWF'd?

intoxhog

I will say this about TCTWF,, it took my hatred of OLE Piss to a new level. Maybe this is what we needed to have a true rival in the SEC.

Throwback1

People he does not care.  Are we suppose to be hurting him or something?

Hoggish1

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2008, 01:54:50 pm
The difference with Nutt from other coaches is he went to a conference & divisional opponent.  If he would have gone to Baylor or somewhere else outside of the SEC then maybe time would allow some to revise history in their minds and forgive.  But we will be reminded of him now year round as he tries to take Arkansas in state recruits and ends up being our on field competiton. 

And maybe, because of what you bring up, we should ask; will John White ever be forgiven?  The answer to that is never!

Dwight_K_Shrute

If  you were walking in your backyard one day and came across a big pile of dog $hit, would you get mad at the pile for sitting there stinking it up and drawing flies?  Probably not.

You would most likely just keep walking and never give the pile a second thought.

Or

You would get the shovel, scoop up the poo and fling it in your neighbors yard and he can deal with the stink and the flies.  So even though you didn't like the crap in your yard you can at least gain some level of satisfaction that it will stink up your neighbor's yard and be his headache.  I see no difference here.  We flung the poo at our neighbor.  Time to go back to tending to our yard. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PearlHarbor

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 26, 2008, 09:57:49 pm
If  you were walking in your backyard one day and came across a big pile of dog $hit, would you get mad at the pile for sitting there stinking it up and drawing flies?  Probably not.

You would most likely just keep walking and never give the pile a second thought.

Or

You would get the shovel, scoop up the poo and fling it in your neighbors yard and he can deal with the stink and the flies.  So even though you didn't like the crap in your yard you can at least gain some level of satisfaction that it will stink up your neighbor's yard and be his headache.  I see no difference here.  We flung the poo at our neighbor.  Time to go back to tending to our yard. 

Yar.

Well done.

chortle

Or

Or "C", I would go kick the $hit out of my "neigbor's" dog for crapping in my yard.

Hoggish1

Or

Very well said.  And guess what?  It will not take our neighbor, Ole Sis, 10 years to fire his sorry arse.  About four years will do it.  Frank, why did we have to put up with his fly attracting shiite for 10 years? 

El Puerco Grande

If Houston Nutt were to apologize, and admit his wrongdoing, and then ask for forgiveness, then I would do it. We know that there is ZERO chance he will EVER admit to , or apologize for, anything.
How 'bout them hogs?