Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Nutt ever be forgiven?

Started by NuttinItUp, March 26, 2008, 01:17:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfire

Quote from: CPL HOG on March 26, 2008, 01:40:59 pm
Not by me.

Nolan on the other hand I never had a problem with. I thought the way he was fired was crap. He was an outspoken man and everyone was ok with that while he was winning, but a few bad years and all of the sudden it was a big deal. Nolan has more integrity and class in his little finger that Nutt has in his whole worthless body

Very well said... +1  ;)
Formerly known as no_nutts_please...

secfan30

Nolan tried shedding light on what was going on. It's unfortunate that the Chip on his shoulders caused him to go about things wrong. Nutt lied and when we thought he could go no further, he lied again. Nolan apologized for his outburst and even said he always ment the 1% of Hog fans, the other 99% were the best anywhere. Nutt has never apologized for anything, or not that I have heard. Before we can forgive him, he has to apologize. Sad thing is, I do not think he is sorry for anything.

Throwback1

Revisionist history is always risky.  Nolan was always his own worst enemy.  If he'd been white he'd of been gone much sooner.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

moondog

Yes HDN will be forgiven in time. A few people I know hated Hatfield when Broyles ran him off. They don't hate him as much now, considering what we've just gone through the past decade.

bc16

Quote from: moondog on March 26, 2008, 10:50:07 pm
Yes HDN will be forgiven in time. A few people I know hated Hatfield when Broyles ran him off. They don't hate him as much now, considering what we've just gone through the past decade.
They didn't hate Hatfield because of his off the field issues, his lack of character, his neglect of the program for 10 years, his lying, his laziness, his manipulation of the fans and press or the way he treated his players.
And before you start blaming Broyles for all Nutt's deficiencies, remember Nutt is an adult and he had a choice on how to handle the job he was handed.  Further, how do you explain his family, his staff and his friends behavior.
Reminds me of the time I caught my son doing something he wasn't suppose to..."The Devil made me do it."   Yeah right....

Hawgz Fan

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on March 26, 2008, 01:19:36 pm
Nolan = Championship

Nutt = Independence Bowl

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nolan and Nutt don't even belong in the same conversation.

Nolan was a GREAT coach who made some dumb mistakes and decisions toward the end of his career at AR.

Dale was just a horrible coach and made stupid decisions on a daily basis.  He'll quickly be forgotten as a coach, but will be remembered as a dumbass.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Not unless Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams turn out to be flops.

So, no, not a chance.

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 26, 2008, 09:44:01 pm
People he does not care.  Are we suppose to be hurting him or something?

Quotes and soundbytes from those close to him and from his own mouth would suggest otherwise.

You are being naive.  This was his "dream job" and he still thinks he was right.  He cares alright, but he will continue to fail miserably and continue to prove that he was wrong.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 26, 2008, 10:47:21 pm
Revisionist history is always risky. 

True

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 26, 2008, 10:47:21 pmNolan was always his own worst enemy.

True 

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 26, 2008, 10:47:21 pmIf he'd been white he'd of been gone much sooner.

Bullsh1t!  If he'd been white he'd have been in the same Good Ole Boys Club and would probably still be here because he wouldn't have had sociopathic friends harassing his own players like the dumbass MOTHO.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Sivad

No.

He will be detested in this state until the end of time.

Mr. Hog

Yes as long as he stays away from our Hogs and keeps his mediocrity across State lines.
Go Hogs Go!

hogninja

Probably like Ford, Glad he's gone, Glad to get a new coach, Glad he's gone too.  Not much about forgiven, it's about your body of work.  Mediocre to acceptable.  I want greatness.   :razorback:

hawgXi

March 27, 2008, 03:46:09 am #113 Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:48:16 am by hawgXi
who was it?

white or JFB that said something to the effect of:  "we gotta git rid of that tar baby"

iirc, was that chance white?

please hep me out.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 26, 2008, 01:17:15 pm
Do you think 15 years down the road, or whatever, Nutt will be forgiven at all? I ask this because it seems lots of people are now casting Nolan in a rosey light even though just about everyone (at least as high of a percentage that hate Nutt) disliked him when he departed.

It will be interesting to come back in 15 or 20 years and see if anyone's minds have changed. I, for one, don't see myself ever forgiving him for the damage he has caused to us, but I know people's tendency over time is to mellow.

No and I hope the State of Arkansas will forever be Nutt free! 

wacohogbill

Will Nutt ever be forgiven??? How about just forgotten.

Kilgor

One must be repentant before forgiveness is forthcoming.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

DeltaBoy

Do you think 15 years down the road, or whatever, Nutt will be forgiven at all? I ask this because it seems lots of people are now casting Nolan in a rosey light even though just about everyone (at least as high of a percentage that hate Nutt) disliked him when he departed.

It will be interesting to come back in 15 or 20 years and see if anyone's minds have changed. I, for one, don't see myself ever forgiving him for the damage he has caused to us, but I know people's tendency over time is to mellow.

The answer is HECK NO aka till Hades frezzes over or the Saints win the Super Bowl (or which ever happens first.)

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wholehog92

I would forgive him if he owned what he has done and convinced me that he was genuinely sorry and would change his ways.....In other words it aint gonna happen.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

wholehog92

Quote from: hogninja on March 27, 2008, 03:39:23 am
Probably like Ford, Glad he's gone, Glad to get a new coach, Glad he's gone too.  Not much about forgiven, it's about your body of work.  Mediocre to acceptable.  I want greatness.   :razorback:

Ford was a good coach, just boring to watch.  Him and Nutt don't belong in the same sentence.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Throwback1

Quote from: dj shanon on March 27, 2008, 01:12:00 am
Quotes and soundbytes from those close to him and from his own mouth would suggest otherwise.

You are being naive.  This was his "dream job" and he still thinks he was right.  He cares alright, but he will continue to fail miserably and continue to prove that he was wrong.
Oh, I dont' question that he thinks he was right....that belief is why he doesn't care if I or you "forgive him"...he doesn't think he has anything to be forgiven for....
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Chappeee

When he ran the Springdale quartet out of state, he genuinely believes that it is totally their fault and not his?  Did I hear that correctly?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Chappeee on March 27, 2008, 11:16:32 am
When he ran the Springdale quartet out of state, he genuinely believes that it is totally their fault and not his?  Did I hear that correctly?

I imagine that's the way he thinks about it.  We know he has a pea brain and can't think very deeply.

Where did you hear that? 
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Chappeee

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 27, 2008, 11:19:34 am

I imagine that's the way he thinks about it.  We know he has a pea brain and can't think very deeply.

Where did you hear that? 

I didn't hear it directly, I am just guessing by his actions and statements (or lack thereof) that he really thinks there is nothing wrong with running off program makers like those guys.

Even though it has been more than a year, it just baffles me how a coach who wants to win a National Championship can run off talented athletes like that and still think he can win.  If your best players are leaving the team, you are supposed to say, "Gee, maybe I am not doing something right."  But he kept doing things the same average way that he always did, and we went 8-5, AGAIN.

GGGGRRRRRRRRR

OTTER

In the world according to Nutt, he could do no wrong, nor could he ever throw too many people under the bus.  That's a strange little world but he created it and lived in it and still does.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

jackflash

havok

Like George Castanza on "Seinfeld" said... 

"It isn't a Lie, if YOU beleive it...".

Just like the Clintons...Nutt has lived, breathed and wallowed in Lies his whole life, that he probably believes every word that comes out of his mouth to be the God's honest Truth.

Wild Bill Hog

Probably so.  It will be like NR and Hatfield.  Both were villified by fans near the end of and immediately after they ceased to be coaches at UA.  Now both are gaining esteem daily.  A new generation will come along that won't remember HDN when he was coach.  He, like NR and Hatfield, will just be "previous UA coaches".

TOM "tbw1"

How often does Otis Douglas come to mind?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Hogdomer

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 27, 2008, 10:57:24 am
Ford was a good coach, just boring to watch.  Him and Nutt don't belong in the same sentence.

Ford was 26-30-1 overall and 15-25-1 in the conference at Arkansas.  Also, we didn't play any good out of conference opponents then (e.g., no Texas, USC or Boise State).

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 27, 2008, 10:57:24 am

If you truly mean Ford, then Nutt will be forgiven/forgotten fairly quickly.  Memories are short indeed!

toozakpig

As long as I see highlights of McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk ect., in the NFL I wil always think of how much was wasted at the U Of A. by TCTWF. No never will I forgive that idiot and I will pass that legacy down tp my children and grand-children.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: donewithdale on March 27, 2008, 12:11:44 pm
Ford also took over our program when it was in its worst state in 30+ years at the time we were joining the most powerful conference in college football.  Our facilities were horrible in comparison to most of our SEC competition not to mention the fact that Bama was a NC caliber program, Tenn was in its best era in its modern football history, Spurrier had Florida rolling, Bowden was living off of Dye's recruits, etc.  Ford recruited out of a mobile home for part of his time here. 

Yet despite the obstacles and competiton, he had us in the SEC CG in 3 seasons and left Nutt(Terry Bowden II) the foundation for his most complete teams.  No things didn't work out perfectly with Coach Ford but he left our program in all phases much better than he found it.

Amen Brother Ford doesn't get the credit he deserves for the Hog Program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Yes he will be forgiven.

Most people are stupid and have short memories.

bphi11ips

Quote from: toozakpig on March 27, 2008, 12:36:12 pm
As long as I see highlights of McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk ect., in the NFL I wil always think of how much was wasted at the U Of A. by TCTWF. No never will I forgive that idiot and I will pass that legacy down tp my children and grand-children.

How will you feel if Mustain, Damian Williams and Broderick Green excell at USC?  Even worse.

It was fun giving everyone above so many +1s, almost nostalgiac.  Personally, I can forgive Nutt for being human, but I'll never forget what he did. And I don't EVER want him officially honored by the athletic program.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LonesomeDove

Nutt will never apologize or atone for what he did.  I believe, in his mind, every move he made was justified, or rationalized, whichever you prefer. 

As my Dad always said, "The most dangerous kind of ignorance is ignorance of your own ignorance."  Besides his severe character flaws, that right there is Houston Nutt's biggest problem and why he will always be a complete and utter failure....no matter where he goes! 

Hawgin84

Piss on Nutt; unless he is on fire. Then of course refrain and just let him burn.

George S. Pigton

I didn't hate him as most of you on here did.  I was just ready for him to go.  Thus, if
here were to be introduced as the honorary team captain at a game 15 years from now
I would be respectful.  I appreciate him at least making us competitive again, despite
all that went on in the 20 months or so.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Lard

Quote from: litmachog on March 26, 2008, 01:19:43 pm
A lot of people said the same thing about Nolan and his attack on the school and now everyone wants to honor him.  I see that happening with Nutt.  May take longer but it will happen.  I'm not ready for it now but I can see myself being ready for it two coaches down the line.
I don't want to honor Nolan!
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: donewithdale on March 27, 2008, 12:11:44 pm
Ford also took over our program when it was in its worst state in 30+ years at the time we were joining the most powerful conference in college football.  Our facilities were horrible in comparison to most of our SEC competition not to mention the fact that Bama was a NC caliber program, Tenn was in its best era in its modern football history, Spurrier had Florida rolling, Bowden was living off of Dye's recruits, etc.  Ford recruited out of a mobile home for part of his time here. 

Yet despite the obstacles and competiton, he had us in the SEC CG in 3 seasons and left Nutt(Terry Bowden II) the foundation for his most complete teams.  No things didn't work out perfectly with Coach Ford but he left our program in all phases much better than he found it.

+1  You saved me the effort.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

oldman1015

hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arkansas, the left lane state.

chortle

Quote from: George S. Pigton on March 27, 2008, 04:00:59 pm
I didn't hate him as most of you on here did.  I was just ready for him to go.  Thus, if
here were to be introduced as the honorary team captain at a game 15 years from now
I would be respectful.  I appreciate him at least making us competitive again, despite
all that went on in the 20 months or so.

The only team he should be the honorary captain of is at his alma mater: Okie St.

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 27, 2008, 10:59:13 am
Oh, I dont' question that he thinks he was right....that belief is why he doesn't care if I or you "forgive him"...he doesn't think he has anything to be forgiven for....

My bad Throwback, I thought you meant he didn't care about the job here or that he had moved on.  I agree that he doesn't care if forgiven or not.

Snouty

Houston who?

I'm ready to move on.  At least I'll remember he won the last LSU game he coached.  He went out as a winner.   Not a big Nutt fan, but he did have his moments.

Quote from: Snouty on March 27, 2008, 05:28:07 pm
At least I'll remember he won the last LSU game he coached.  He went out as a winner.

That win was absolutely meaningless.  He did NOT go out as a winner.  No one in their right mind thinks he's a winner.

Throwback1

k....and yep, NO doubt this was his dream job

Throwback1

...I think his departure was worked out way before that game....

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: HogZ28 on March 27, 2008, 06:22:15 pm

i dont think it was meaningless to Nutt.   the way he acted IMO  i think he thought he saved his job with that win....

And when he found out he did'nt save his job, we were subjected to that disgraceful beatdown in the Cotton Bowl orchestrated by Nutt's murray state mafia.

Wayne Watson

And that's all I'm gonna say on that.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Pecos Hog

Has Nutt said he was sorry?  Well, we know he is a sorry coach.  But has he admitted doing wrong and asked to be forgiven?   I don't think so.    His ego is too big.   No, I don't see me ever forgiving him for the damage he's done.