Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAAT Alltel Section 211, Row 18 - 2 Middle Aged "MEN"

Started by FayettenamVeteran, March 26, 2008, 10:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FayettenamVeteran

March 26, 2008, 10:15:03 am Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:27:47 am by FayettenamVeteran
My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 5 & 6.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 1 & 2.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

So on Friday when my friend and daughter are getting ready to leave, one of these guys leans over to the little girl and tells her, "Ya'll and Texas can just go to Hell.".  "Why don't ya'll just go back to Texas."  When they didn't say anything and walked off, the guy tossed a magazine in their general direction and garbled something else.  This lady and her young daughter didn't provoke this treatment. 

If you were one of these guys and are reading this, you are sick and pathetic.  A punk and a candy ass.  A poor representation of a man and an Arkansan.  You represent the little ole Arkansas complex and why this state lags behind many others in many things. 

It's fine to boo, it's fine to boo and hate on Texas.  But to do that to a little girl and her mother when they haven't a man with them is just wrong and sick. 

I hope that whomever the jackassed Arkansans are that did this read this post.   

hogsanity

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 26, 2008, 10:15:03 am
My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 1&2.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 3 & 4.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

So on Friday when my friend and daughter are getting ready to leave, one of these guys leans over to the little girl and tells her, "Ya'll and Texas can just go to Hell.".  "Why don't ya'll just go back to Texas."  When they didn't say anything and walked off, the guy tossed a magazine in their general direction and garbled something else.  This lady and her young daughter didn't provoke this treatment. 

If you were one of these guys and are reading this, you are sick and pathetic.  A punk and a candy ass.  A poor representation of a man and an Arkansan.  You represent the little ole Arkansas complex and why this state lags behind many others in many things. 

It's fine to boo, it's fine to boo and hate on Texas.  But to do that to a little girl and her mother when they haven't a man with them is just wrong and sick. 

Well, IF they can actually read, they are probably posting in the thread about Brummetts article, and how Brummett is all wrong.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: BCShogs on March 26, 2008, 10:19:12 am
feel better now?

You took your fingers out of your nose long enough to make a post and this was all you give us?  Shame.

kirk

My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 1&2.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 3 & 4.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

+1 to you sir. I've lived here all my life and the attitude you described never fails to sicken me. [CENSORED] good ole boys.

BCShogs

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 26, 2008, 10:20:47 am
You took your fingers out of your nose long enough to make a post and this was all you give us?  Shame.

yep. that's it. i ride the short bus. thanks for the karma.

stchane

Why does this matter?  To do it period is a disgrace to themselves, and everything else they represent
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: stchane on March 26, 2008, 10:26:08 am
Why does this matter?  To do it period is a disgrace to themselves, and everything else they represent

It doesn't.  It just accentuates how sorry of a man each of these guys are.

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on March 26, 2008, 10:28:34 am
It doesn't.  It just accentuates how sorry of a man each of these guys are.

These men took it upon themselves to represent our state in the poorest fashion possible.  Truly pathetic.  It matters because these were grown men, this was a lady and her daughter, and finally these people were actually from Arkansas themselves (which is beside the point) but certaily points out the total insecurity these two morons had about themselves.  It certainly does not make anyone look good when grown men behave in this manner. 

Table Rocker

I believe the term is white trash, and yes, WT can be dressed in khakis.

hogsanity

Wow, so scared and jealous of Texas that they tell an 11 yr old girl to go to hell.  But, no, there is no inferioity complex in Arkansas about Texas..................LOL.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sao Ming

Vet, are you more offended by this or being told you sleep with your sister everyday by Texans?

hogsanity

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 26, 2008, 10:46:57 am
Vet, are you more offended by this or being told you sleep with your sister everyday by Texans?

2 wrongs dont make a right.

Special Delivery Jones

As a grown up I can take stupidity being spoken to me.  Now I have a pretty hard time with an adult speaking to a child in the same manner.  Apples and oranges.

Ramble on Barbershop

so basically this is a thread of us posting about what fans do at games?
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

The Lemming

I mean really. What's the purpose of this thread? There are two who obviously don't get it but I sure think the majority do.

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 10:48:55 am
2 wrongs dont make a right.

No, they don't.  But the question has a base premise that all Arkansans have had to put up with since birth.  Even as a native Texan, hearing these "jokes" about Arkansas, over time, take a toll. 

1980 was my first gameday experience in DKRMS.  At 9 after the loss and after hearing the jeers thrown ourway after losing this 9 year old challenged the entire section. 

I'm not condoning the actions of these "men", trust me.  But I can see why they hate anything in burnt orange.  Lapse of judgment re: their target.  Save that for the men.

mj4president

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 10:17:42 am
Well, IF they can actually read, they are probably posting in the thread about Brummetts article, and how Brummett is all wrong.

It wasn't me. I'm not a middle aged man. But Brummett is wrong.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogsanity

Quote from: KingScissom on March 26, 2008, 10:51:46 am
so basically this is a thread of us posting about what fans do at games?
Quote from: The Lemming on March 26, 2008, 10:54:24 am
I mean really. What's the purpose of this thread? There are two who obviously don't get it but I sure think the majority do.

NO, this thread is about how 2 arkansas "fans" treated a woman and her daughter.  Of course, all of the booing and stuff directed at Texas was just good "fun".  I know I tell little kids to go to hell all of the time, but I am just joking with them. 

If you cant get the point of this thread, then you are part of the problem.

Special Delivery Jones

Nope cannot see why anyone would be so stupid as to somehow think that they hate something enough to berate and throw things at a little girl.  Guess some people are just that pathetic.  I swear I believe if they had shot at them we would have people take opposing sides in the argument. 

Special Delivery Jones

I just wonder if the opposite had happened and the woman her daughter were wearing Razorback stuff and two Texas fans had treated them in this manner how would be people be reacting here?

The Lemming

This is a silly thread. There needs to be no reaction what-so-ever but to delete this entire conversation. It's pointless and I'm out.

Special Delivery Jones

Just how does one determine the silly level of this thread? 

EastexHawg

I have lived in Texas all my life, and I wear Razorback clothing on a regular basis.  I have attended four Arkansas/Texas games in Austin, and I partied on Sixth Street wearing my Hog stuff every time.  I've also worn Arkansas garb to games in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Waco.  No one has ever told me that I sleep with my sister, that I am trailer trash, etc.  Not once.

At least not to my face...

FayettenamVeteran

More offended by this.  Although I've never been told I sleep with my sister by Texans.  Which wouldn't matter...I can take being told whatever.  A woman and child shouldn't have to listen to guys like this and what they said. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 26, 2008, 10:55:11 am
No, they don't.  But the question has a base premise that all Arkansans have had to put up with since birth.  Even as a native Texan, hearing these "jokes" about Arkansas, over time, take a toll. 

1980 was my first gameday experience in DKRMS.  At 9 after the loss and after hearing the jeers thrown ourway after losing this 9 year old challenged the entire section. 

I'm not condoning the actions of these "men", trust me.  But I can see why they hate anything in burnt orange.  Lapse of judgment re: their target.  Save that for the men.

Kind of like the jokes people make here about people from Alabama, or Oklahoma or Missouri. 

This is just another example of how Arkansas, in general, thinks EVERYONE is out to get them. 

hogsanity

Quote from: not ray on March 26, 2008, 11:06:32 am
Just how does one determine the silly level of this thread? 

If they think what these men did was okay, or somehow justified, then they think the thread is silly.

HOG RED UMP

My friend ( who is a woman ) and her daughter ( 11 years old ) attended the NCAAT here at Alltel last weekend.  They sat in Section 211, Row 18, Seats 5 & 6.  My friend and her family are from Arkansas, live in Arkansas.  However, they like the Texas Longhorns as their family is from Texas, lives in Texas, etc.

While at the games on Friday, there were 2 middle aged men sitting next to them in seats 1 & 2.  Plaid shirts, khaki pants, ring on the finger, so apparently married men which would make me guess that maybe they had children being that age...I could be wrong.

with apologies to Hogsanity for my views on booing Texas, to antagonize a child and woman in such a fashion is such an irrational transference of feelings bordering criminal action.

I expressed my views on Brummett's birdcage floorings yesterday and was the original poster
who noted little Ricky Barnes witty musings on Texas's upcoming reception in Arkansas last week.

Personally, I find it very humerous that anyone equates fans booing long time past rivals as boorish
and stereotypical.  But in this context, I think it is imperative that one considers the source of the commentary.

However, I am afraid it becomes prophetic when children and their mothers are subjected to that
type of behavior mentioned in this thread.  To escalate from a well-intentioned verbal affirmation
of displeasure at the sight of the significant rival body(team) to abusive and cruel remarks to a specific child and mother is reprehensible, sadistic, and flat out morally wrong, IMO.
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

clifflee4mvp

I'm all for a little texas joshing, but that was way over the line. I can't believe that prick threw a magazine. She should've reported at least that part to the ushers/police.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Special Delivery Jones

Feeling guilty I guess.  Got to get those khakis out of the wash I assume.

HoopS

I'm all for the Hogs and I love the state of Arkansas.   And I, unfortunately, do not live there anymore...due to work.  But I'm embarrassed by these 2 clowns actions.  I see little kids in Orange daily but have yet to tell one to go to hell.  That's just fricken sick and pathetic.

And Sao, I understand exactly what you speak of.  That irritates the crap out of me, and has taken its toll on me as well.

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 11:09:09 am
Kind of like the jokes people make here about people from Alabama, or Oklahoma or Missouri. 

This is just another example of how Arkansas, in general, thinks EVERYONE is out to get them. 

You DO understand why there are retaliatory remarks about others/states, don't you?  Please tell me you know.

Special Delivery Jones

Gas Can

Are you sure they weren't Miss St. fans?

hogsanity

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 26, 2008, 11:16:44 am

You DO understand why there are retaliatory remarks about others/states, don't you?  Please tell me you know.

Yes, because our "fans" are not capable of being the "better" man and just letting it go.

Also, as I have said before, it is much more understandable, even appropriate, when we are ACTUALLY PLAYING the team in question, or are at least in the same conference with them

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 11:23:50 am
Yes, because our "fans" are not capable of being the "better" man and just letting it go.

Also, as I have said before, it is much more understandable, even appropriate, when we are ACTUALLY PLAYING the team in question, or are at least in the same conference with them

Arkansas Razorback "Pay It Forward" huh.  Not happening.  It goes deeper than just sports and has for eons.

On the second point, we'll just disagree.  We do have history with UT whether 'you' choose to acknowledge it or not.  There is no end in sight on the debate of who should and should not "let it go".

WilsonHog

What those two p*ssies deserved is simple.

They deserve to have had the security guards escort them from their seats to a nice concrete room in bowels of Alltel, handcuff them, stuff a rag in their mouths to muffle the screams, and then beat the living darn out of them with billy clubs.

I don't know where decency and gentlemanly behavior has gone, but it is in damn short supply in our country today.   

oldman1015

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2008, 10:44:00 am
I believe the term is white trash, and yes, WT can be dressed in khakis.
i take offense, i'm white trash and dress in khakis every day, but i would never behave like this towards another fan.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hogsanity

Quote from: Sao Ming on March 26, 2008, 11:30:09 am

Arkansas Razorback "Pay It Forward" huh.  Not happening.  It goes deeper than just sports and has for eons.

Sure it goes deeper.  It goes right to the heart of the deep seated insecurity Arkansas has about everything.  Everyone is out to get us.  And, apparently, Texas is just waiting to invade us and make us part of their state.

hogsanity

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 26, 2008, 11:39:32 am
Decency and gentlemanly behavior!?!

Sentences like that will cause some people to tell you go to a tennis match and leave the "real" sports to the "men."

Scott, now you know the only way to enjoy a real sport is to curse and yell and demean and in general make a complete as# of yourself.

WilsonHog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 26, 2008, 11:39:32 am
Decency and gentlemanly behavior!?!

Sentences like that will cause some people to tell you go to a tennis match and leave the "real" sports to the "men."

We're fast becoming a society consisting generally of ill-bred jerks.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 11:43:18 am
Scott, now you know the only way to enjoy a real sport is to curse and yell and demean and in general make a complete as# of yourself.

Certainly. Because "I paid for my ticket."

What a sorry rationalization for acting like an ass.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2008, 10:17:42 am

Brummett is still wrong. Booing and this situation are COMPLETELY different. Booing is part of the fun. Telling a little girl that she can go to hell because she likes a team, is not just classless, it's disgusting, weak, and truly pathetic.
Go away, batin'

Coondog Hog

Quote from: ContrarianHog on March 26, 2008, 11:33:03 am
What those two p*ssies deserved is simple.

They deserve to have had the security guards escort them from their seats to a nice concrete room in bowels of Alltel, handcuff them, stuff a rag in their mouths to muffle the screams, and then beat the living crap out of them with billy clubs.

I don't know where decency and gentlemanly behavior has gone, but it is in damn short supply in our country today.   

I agree 100% Wilson.

To all the others who are trying to connect threads, this situation has nothing to do with what Brummet was talking about he is still wrong.  This is about two A$$ Holes who need their clocks cleaned.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: ContrarianHog on March 26, 2008, 11:44:31 am
We're fast becoming a society consisting generally of ill-bred jerks.

Pathetically saddening.
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

arkjay19

That's just pitiful and ridiculous.  I definitely wanted Arkansas fans to make it tough on Texas after Barnes' punk ass comment, but what those guys did was "wrong and sick." 

bullmts

Bottom line is this is apples / oranges.  Good natured booing and throwing fun at another team is part of college sports.  I've been to basketball games and the student section is sometimes more fun to watch than the game itself.  It happens everywhere in America and even students have no excuse to go over the line.

The 2 men who cussed at a woman and girl are inexcusable and should have been escorted out by security or called out by some other fans who saw what happened.  This type conduct is all too common and mostly comes from "drunks" who don't have a clue what they are saying and that is no excuse at all.  They still need to be handled.  To make this into an Arkansas problem is stupid too.  It happens everywhere and I have been treated well by opposing fans at most of the games I've attended but there are jerks / idiots / drunks / xxxholes who are in every game in America who don't represent those states / teams anymore than these 2  represent Hog fans. 

Hawgz4Life

I think it really boils down to two grown men acting like a couple of junior high kids. If it were your daughter/sister/mother/wife, I can bet that you'd be super pissed as well. No sport (whatever it may be) is immune from lunkheads attending and bringing their brand of idiocy along with them. Take soccer hooligans rioting, for example.

wbs gurl

As a woman, I totally understand the point of this thread, and I applaud that it was posted.  I don't care what state you're from, how you're dressed, or what your job is, no one should ever tell a child to go to hell.  No one should ever act like that at all.  Is there no common decency left in this world for anyone to realize that this behavior was wrong?  Where are the gentlemen of the world?  Did no one's mother bother to teach them respect and manners?

Yes, I know Arkansans hate all things Texas due to an old, out-of-date rivalry.  People here probably hate me because I'm an OU fan first and Razorback fan second, oh well.  I can't stand Nebraska and have more reason to hate Texas than any present-day Razorback fan, but I would never treat someone the way those men treated the woman and her CHILD because it's wrong, and that's the end of it.

heathtits

Move on, it happens all the time. There's really not a lot that can be done with people like this except letting them bask in their own ignorance.

The real problem is people from Arkansas, who live in Arkansas, rooting for TEXAS? WTH? (JK)