Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pearl's Vols blew a 13 pt lead to Butler, refs bail out UT with no-goaltend call

Started by mathhog, March 23, 2008, 04:53:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

wow!  what a game!

i tip my hat to pearl for avoiding a second straight 2nd round loss as a 2 seed.

vols look like a sure final four team.

hawaiianhogster

mathhog

mathhog

Wild Bill Hog

Hope Pearl didn't get excited and use any profanity - you know fragile those TN fans are.

Hogs_fan_for_life

Yeah....if he dropped a STFU he might get a error filled article written at a Junior High level about him.

hogs25

COCHISE

jst01

you were right bout the UNC fans being there in full force Math, its gonna be a tester for sure

invisiblehand

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on March 23, 2008, 04:54:01 pm
Lose Tenn. I hate them with a passion. Go Butler!

couldn't agree more.  i was just thinking to myself that i normally cheer for sec teams, but i want tennessee to lose so bad.  i can't stand them.  doesn't look like it will happen though.

ALLVOL

mathhog

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 23, 2008, 05:15:06 pm
Sorry math you LOSE again!

Now GO Hogs and knock off UNC!

? huh ?

Wow, congratulations on not losing to a team that plays in an 800-person gym.

i tip my hat to you.

so that's what, 4 straight nail-biters as a 2 seed? (lofton walks to beat winthrop, blown out by wichita state, american, butler in ot)

not very impressive...

how about you post some more of ut's "hardware" pictures>  that will give my confidence in pearl back.

mathhog

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 23, 2008, 05:15:06 pm
Sorry math you LOSE again!

Now GO Hogs and knock off UNC!

hey allvol, what were you tinking when butler took the lead, after pearl, prince, and co., walked away a 13 pt lead?

were you thinking "here we go again!  why does our coach choke in march?"

Razorhog2006q

The whole SEC was just weak this year. Glad Tennessee survives for one more round, but there's no way they're making it to San Antonio. Hope for the best, but I expect us as well as MSU to lose tonight.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on March 23, 2008, 05:19:03 pm
The whole SEC was just weak this year. Glad Tennessee survives for one more round, but there's no way they're making it to San Antonio. Hope for the best, but I expect us as well as MSU to lose tonight.

Really stepping out on a limb there....

Don't be surprised if MSU plays Memphis tough.

Go Hogs!!!!!

Pig_Lebowski

Quote from: mathhog on March 23, 2008, 04:53:08 pm
wow!  what a game!

i tip my hat to pearl for avoiding a second straight 2nd round loss as a 2 seed.

vols look like a sure final four team.

They were a five seed last year, and lost to Ohio state in the regionals.  A wee bit more impressive than this Ass kicking being served up to a program that has been in a nosedive for years.

mathhog

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on March 23, 2008, 06:12:49 pm
They were a five seed last year, and lost to Ohio state in the regionals.  A wee bit more impressive than this Ass kicking being served up to a program that has been in a nosedive for years.
that's hilarious.

did you see that game?

they had a 20 pt second half lead on ohio state.... AND LOST.

that's choking. 

who cares how bad unc beats us, this is a road game, where have you been for 4 years? 

Pig_Lebowski

ALLVOL

Quote from: mathhog on March 23, 2008, 06:18:20 pm
that's hilarious.

did you see that game?

they had a 20 pt second half lead on ohio state.... AND LOST.

that's choking. 

who cares how bad unc beats us, this is a road game, where have you been for 4 years? 
This speaks volumes about you. You had rather UT lose than Hogs win.
UT played a team NO ONE wanted to draw and beat them. That is a fact. UT is in the sweet 16 for the 2nd straight year. That also is a fact. You act much more like a bammer fan than a Hog fan.
Now go rehearse your Jim Rome take and enjoy waiting for us to lose.

The Realist

Did Pearl's kid kick your ass at recess or something mathhog?  You have a serious bias against him for no obvious reason. 
You try pointing out facts, most of which are incorrect.  The only thing you have to go on is his SEC tournament record. 
UT had by far the hardest 2nd round team for any 2 seed.  They survived, without help from Lofton. 
Keep talking about Ohio State or the SEC Tournament, while Pearl and TN prepares for a Sweet 16 game for the 2nd straight year.    Funny you don't mention that, only that he "chokes".  Even saying he "chokes" this year in the tournament even though they haven't lost.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

ALLVOL

Quote from: mathhog on March 23, 2008, 05:16:55 pm
? huh ?

Wow, congratulations on not losing to a team that plays in an 800-person gym.

i tip my hat to you.

so that's what, 4 straight nail-biters as a 2 seed? (lofton walks to beat winthrop, blown out by wichita state, american, butler in ot)

not very impressive...

how about you post some more of ut's "hardware" pictures>  that will give my confidence in pearl back.

Is going to the sweet 16 impressive?
In case you missed it UT is playing Thursday in the Sweet 16 so you get another chance to hope they lose. 

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 12:45:17 pm
In case you missed it UT is playing Thursday in the Sweet 16 so you get another chance to hope they lose. 

And they will.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 12:45:17 pm

And no, a Sweet 16 appearance is not that impressive, especially when you unimpressively beat 15-seed American and 7-seed Butler (in overtime) to get there....as a 2-seed.

ALLVOL

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 12:50:53 pm
And no, a Sweet 16 appearance is not that impressive, especially when you unimpressively beat 15-seed American and 7-seed Butler (in overtime) to get there....as a 2-seed.
You and math are about the only people Ive seen that think Butler was not a quality team. They were top 10 ranked and got shafted in the seeding. No one wanted to play them. UT drew them and did what they had to do. That pisses you and your boy math off but it is fact. Now just be patient and wait and you get to hope UT loses in the sweet 16.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 12:51:46 pm
You cant lose in the sweet 16 unless you get there.

Wow, great point.  You're one of those moms that wants their kid to get a trophy for participation, aren't you?

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 12:54:14 pm
You and math are about the only people Ive seen that think Butler was not a quality team. They were top 10 ranked and got shafted in the seeding. No one wanted to play them. UT drew them and did what they had to do. That pisses you and your boy math off but it is fact. Now just be patient and wait and you get to hope UT loses in the sweet 16.

They were a 7-seed with a 29-3 record.  We're not talking about a REAL top 10 team.  Yeah, they are a good team, but not much more.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 01:00:08 pm
They were a 7-seed with a 29-3 record.  We're not talking about a REAL top 10 team.  Yeah, they are a good team, but not much more.
Butler is a very good team and all I saw about them said the same. You and your boy math are about the only ones who (now that UT beat them) said otherwise. No one wanted to draw them. UT did what they had to do. Period.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 12:57:32 pm
Wow, great point.  You're one of those moms that wants their kid to get a trophy for participation, aren't you?
Uhhhhhh no. But I am the kind of man who gives credit where it's due.

The Realist

The matchup yesterday was the earliest meeting in the tournament ever between two 30 win teams in the tournament. 
Butler did get the shaft in seeding.  Any other matchup and they are in the sweet 16 just like last year, where they ironically, gave Florida their closest call of the tournament.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 01:05:04 pm
Butler is a very good team and all I saw about them said the same. You and your boy math are about the only ones who (now that UT beat them) said otherwise. No one wanted to draw them. UT did what they had to do. Period.

There was a reason that they were a 7-seed.  It wasn't just because the committee was looking to screw somebody.  They didn't beat anyone.  They were riding their "success" from last year's tournament.  Did you know that until they beat South Alabama in the NCAAT, they hadn't beaten a team that had made the NCAAT?  THAT'S why they were a 7-seed, not just because the NCAA wanted to screw them. 

Razorback88

math, our guys are sitting at home watching Tennessee play in the Sweet 16 yet again.  Butler gave UT all they wanted, but you need to take an honest look at Bruce Pearl.  He is my least favorite coach in the SEC but he's the best thing that's happened to Tennessee men's basketball in a long time.  Tennessee is the only SEC team in the Sweet 16; give them a break.

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 24, 2008, 01:05:50 pm
Uhhhhhh no. But I am the kind of man who gives credit where it's due.

Congratulations on being the regular season SEC champions.  You can put the trophy right next to our 2006 regular season SEC Western Division Championship trophy that we won in football.

The Realist

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 02:03:47 pm
Congratulations on being the regular season SEC champions.  You can put the trophy right next to our 2006 regular season SEC Western Division Championship trophy that we won in football.
Except won is a division championship, one is a conference.  I can guarantee you every team in the SEC will claim that title.  ESPN and most media outlets highlighted it when TN beat Florida to clinch it. 
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on March 24, 2008, 02:36:04 pm
Except won is a division championship, one is a conference.  I can guarantee you every team in the SEC will claim that title.  ESPN and most media outlets highlighted it when TN beat Florida to clinch it. 

NOBODY, other than Vol fans, will remember that when Tennessee loses to Louisville this weekend or UNC the next.  In 1994, did Arkansas win the regular season SEC championship?  Does anyone care?  I know I don't.

The Realist

Considering this season is in the record books for Tennessee as most wins in history, I think this season will stick around for a while.
How many times has Arkansas won 30 games in the history of our program?  5 times. 
Regardless of what happens.  This season is a success for Tennessee.  Maybe not immediately when they lose.  But in hindsight when the season is over and people have time to look back on it, it is a success. 
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on March 24, 2008, 02:48:54 pm
Considering this season is in the record books for Tennessee as most wins in history, I think this season will stick around for a while.
How many times has Arkansas won 30 games in the history of our program?  5 times. 
Regardless of what happens.  This season is a success for Tennessee.  Maybe not immediately when they lose.  But in hindsight when the season is over and people have time to look back on it, it is a success. 

30 wins and no Elite 8.  How sad....

The Realist

Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on March 24, 2008, 03:07:34 pm
Argumentum ad hominem.  how sad...

That would not be considered a successful season by me.  I would expect a lot more than a Sweet 16 appearance from a team with 30 wins.  That's just me, though. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 02:03:47 pm
Divisional titles are not the same. Nice try though.