Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

math, did Stallings choke?

Started by ALLVOL, March 21, 2008, 10:06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Or is Pearl the only SEC coach that you consider to choke? Just checking to see if you are consistent. I mean since he is a MUCH better coach than Pearl.

Hoggy1

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 21, 2008, 10:06:28 pm
Or is Pearl the only SEC coach that you consider to choke? Just checking to see if you are consistent. I mean since he is a MUCH better coach than Pearl.

Stallings choked, Pearl is a choke....nothing has changed
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

ALLVOL

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 21, 2008, 10:13:13 pm
Stallings choked, Pearl is a choke....nothing has changed
I think we won today... Or did I miss it.

The Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 21, 2008, 10:21:22 pm
He can't answer or his Memphis and Illinois buddies will ride him about the Georgia loss.
Automatic RUN!

Hoggy1

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 21, 2008, 10:21:22 pm

congrats, Tenn basketball has never won anything.

mathhog

huh?  he didn't choke.  he almost did, until about 4 min left

i believe the thread was "WILL pearl choke"

pearl, coach of a team previously ranked #1, did not choke today against the 5th worst team in the ncaa field. 

i tip my hat to you sir.

mathhog

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 21, 2008, 11:58:05 pm
congrats, Tenn basketball has never won anything.

wait that's not fair... they're 1-11 in the sectournament on fridays the last 20 years...

The Hog

March 22, 2008, 12:02:51 am #7 Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:06:13 am by The Hog
Quote from: mathhog on March 21, 2008, 11:59:56 pm
wait that's not fair... they're 1-11 in the sectournament on fridays the last 20 years...
We were 0 - 8 until tonight.  Get in the present please you loser.  You are making a fool of yourself.  If you want to live in the past, watch the history channel.  It is you speed. 

Indiana choked tonight.  We did not win.  That is applying your bull crap to a good win.   Think about how stupid your analysis of any game is. 
Automatic RUN!

rljjr

I just think it's harder to dislike Vandy than it is Tenn. For the most part Vandy doesn't historically whine like Tenn does, so the coach gets the benefit from me. Today? Yeah, choked hard, but I at least respect what Vandy does and how they run their program.

arkjay19

Quote from: The Hog on March 22, 2008, 12:02:51 am
We were 0 - 8 until tonight.  Get in the present please you loser.  You are making a fool of yourself.  If you want to live in the past, watch the history channel.  It is you speed. 

Indiana choke tonight.  We did not win.  That is apply you bull to a good win. 

You're the one looking like a fool by misreading his statistics and then trying to downplay a good team effort by Arkansas tonight.  You can't say Indiana choked when they played the same exact way that they have played the last 7 games.  Arkansas and especially Sonny Weems played very well tonight.  10 FOR 10 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE IN THE FIRST HALF.

RedSatinHog

Indiana choked tonight.  We did not win.  That is applying your bull crap to a good win.   Think about how stupid your analysis of any game is. 

No, we won the game tonight.  We weren't allowing IU any second chance baskets, and we earned the win.

Pull your head out of Billy Packer's posterior.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Hoggy1

Indiana choked tonight.  We did not win.  That is applying your bull crap to a good win.   Think about how stupid your analysis of any game is. 

actually saying Indiana choked makes you look ignorant.

have you watched IU play this past month? they have been awful......

I wouldn't expect anything less from some of the idiots floating around here.

3kgthog

Pearl will choke again before it's all said and done. No Final Four for you guys. You don't have the team built to win it all.

idiotghos

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 22, 2008, 12:12:56 am
Pearl will choke again before it's all said and done. No Final Four for you guys. You don't have the team built to win it all.

That meltdown last year was pure art.  I don't think they'll top it.

mathhog

Indiana choked tonight.  We did not win.  That is applying your bull crap to a good win.   Think about how stupid your analysis of any game is. 

0-8 in what?  where did i put "ncaa tournament"? does "sec" = "ncaa"?

for your info, our losses in the NCAA (different than the sec, where these seniors are 6-4 for their careers), our ncaa losses of recent have been as a #12 seed, a #8 seed, a #7 seed, and an #11 seed (going back to 2000).

losing as any of those seeds isn't exactly "CHOKING"... its expected.

pearl, the god of all things roundball, however, came within a missed walk call on lofton for losing as a #2 seed two years ago, got blown out by a #10 seed; last year they blew a 20 pt second half lead in the sweet 16 to ohio state (a record for largest 2nd half lead blown that late in the tourney), and this year as a 2 seed struggled for 36 minutes against american u.

yes i believe its clear that tennie chokes more than the hogs, based on "choke" as "lose when you can/should win".... oh and did i mention pearl is 1-3 in the sect, with the 1 win coming on a buzzer beater against the 2nd worst team in the sec?

yes, 'choke' is appropriate.

but hats off to ut.  really.  nothing will ever take away from your 3 1/2 minute 'beatdown' of american U, naia school until a few years ago, enrollment of 93 students.  bravo.   

good luck to butler (or lousiville even) destroying ut, and watching brucie pearl ride off to bloomington to be the new coach of IU.

Can you say "Pearl's Hoosiers?"

mathhog

Quote from: idiotghos on March 22, 2008, 12:13:38 am
That meltdown last year was pure art.  I don't think they'll top it.

it's a record... 20 pt lead in 20 minutes... SQAUNDERED.

magical, really.

much like the 14 pt lead he lost to the hogs his first season --in knoxville -- in 4 minutes' time.

ALLVOL

Quote from: rljjr on March 22, 2008, 12:05:50 am
I just think it's harder to dislike Vandy than it is Tenn. For the most part Vandy doesn't historically whine like Tenn does, so the coach gets the benefit from me. Today? Yeah, choked hard, but I at least respect what Vandy does and how they run their program.
Find me one quote where CBP has whined after a loss. After Vandy he stated no excuse of being tired. After losing to the hogs he had no excuses and only praise for the hogs. Now if you just dont like the VOLS thats cool. But at least keep it honest.

ALLVOL

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 22, 2008, 12:12:56 am

Think about that bold part... Ok now how is that Pearl choking? this is his 3rd year and look where he has taken the team. He won a national title in D II then took UWM to a sweet 16. I feel very good about the VOLS future with CBP at the helm. I dont care if someone doesnt like the VOLS but at least be honest.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 22, 2008, 09:35:17 am
Find me one quote where CBP has whined after a loss. After Vandy he stated no excuse of being tired. After losing to the hogs he had no excuses and only praise for the hogs. Now if you just dont like the VOLS thats cool. But at least keep it honest.

I honestly don't like the vols.  I honestly don't like your posts.  Honestly,  I don't understand why a vols fan spends so much of its time on a Razorback board.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ALLVOL

Quote from: mathhog on March 22, 2008, 12:14:50 am

for your info, our losses in the NCAA (different than the sec, where these seniors are 6-4 for their careers), our ncaa losses of recent have been as a #12 seed, a #8 seed, a #7 seed, and an #11 seed (going back to 2000).

pearl, the god of all things roundball, however, came within a missed walk call on lofton for losing as a #2 seed two years ago, got blown out by a #10 seed; last year they blew a 20 pt second half lead in the sweet 16 to ohio state (a record for largest 2nd half lead blown that late in the tourney), and this year as a 2 seed struggled for 36 minutes against american u.

yes i believe its clear that tennie chokes more than the hogs, based on "choke" as "lose when you can/should win".... oh and did i mention pearl is 1-3 in the sect, with the 1 win coming on a buzzer beater against the 2nd worst team in the sec?

but hats off to ut.  really.  nothing will ever take away from your 3 1/2 minute 'beatdown' of american U, naia school until a few years ago, enrollment of 93 students.  bravo.  

good luck to butler (or lousiville even) destroying ut, and watching brucie pearl ride off to bloomington to be the new coach of IU.

You know so much dont you. Just like you stated he was fired. (never happened) Your fear of Pearl is hilarious. So a guy who takes a school who only thought women played BB and has taken them to the NCAA 3 times in a row(still in his 3rd year), to their 2nd sweet 16 and the schools 1st #1 in mens history makes you nervous. I understand. But instead of focusing on UT's team you really should try and enjoy the Hogs good win. Fans of any school like you are never hard to find. Most on here have class whether or not they dislike UT. But not you. No sir you show your lack of class and seem happier when UT loses than when the Hogs win. That must suck for you. I think Im happier than you when the hogs win.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 22, 2008, 09:44:13 am

I honestly don't like the vols.  I honestly don't like your posts.  Honestly,  I don't understand why a vols fan spends so much of its time on a Razorback board.
Because I like the Hogs also. Really simple. But thanks for being honest.

The Hog

Quote from: mathhog on March 22, 2008, 12:14:50 am

Why don't you post of the Illinois board since that is your first love.  You are sure quick to get upset about Pearl's success and every good article I have read states the only folks still hanging on to the Pearl incident are Illinois fans.  That is you Mathhog.  You never addressed the post about Bobby Knight's repeated reporting to the NCAA about Illinois violations.  What about that chosen poster of useless information.

Apply your choking rules to yourself and you will see how demeaning you are trying to be.  According to you standard, anybody that loses is a choker.  Nobody ever wins.  Tennessee choked to Ohio State last year.  Did it ever cross your mind Ohio State ended the season as the number two team in the entire nation?  Good teams manage to win in bad situations but that is a concept that is far beyond your years.  You have proved that point over and over by putting losses down to the level of a 6 year old.  They choked.  Here is a kicker for you.  In 1994 we did not win a national championship because Duke choked.  If that does not sink into your pea brain just how ludicrous your choking theory is, you need to quit watching any sports.

By the way if you do not think Hog fans expect the Hogs to win, quit posting your predictions.  You have consistently stated the Hogs win.  Your seeding theory is out the window too.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 22, 2008, 12:12:54 am
actually saying Indiana choked makes you look ignorant.

have you watched IU play this past month? they have been awful......

I wouldn't expect anything less from some of the idiots floating around here.
I am only applying Matthogs rules of choking.  We won period.  Matthog, the loser chokes.  Read more of his/her post and you will see where I am coming from.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 22, 2008, 12:11:16 am
No, we won the game tonight.  We weren't allowing IU any second chance baskets, and we earned the win.

Pull your head out of Billy Packer's posterior.
I am applying Matthogs rules of choking.  We won period.  Go back and read my post again.  I stated it very clear.
Automatic RUN!

jbcarol

Coach Stallings had a hard time taking them home with both hands on his throat.

A team that is a product of its gym, we will miss Foster who is a great one.

The whistle is not as effective in these modern arenas with benches on the sideline.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Smokehouse

Pearl's just hoping Erin Andrews covers one of his games before Tennessee loses so he can grab her going into the locker room again.

QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

40MINSOFHELL

btw tenn. will lose sunday haha take it to the bank

Hot_Town_Hog

What kind of logic is your statement in bold. The Hogs played a hell of a game and deserved to win. The "D" was very good, and when Weems is rolling with Townes on the inside, we are tough to beat. If you have issues with mathhog that is your choice, but that statement was just stupid.

If any of you want to bash someone, go to the UNC board and take up for our Team and Coach that have gotten tons of cheap shots. Just please keep it classy to show we are the best fans in the Country.

Go Hogs....Beat UNC!!!!!

Smokehouse

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on March 22, 2008, 03:05:41 pm
btw tenn. will lose sunday haha take it to the bank

I've got them out Sunday in my bracket, but to bank on the safe side I made a separate bet with a friend that, at most, they'll be out in the S16
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 22, 2008, 04:12:37 pm
What kind of logic is your statement in bold. The Hogs played a hell of a game and deserved to win. The "D" was very good, and when Weems is rolling with Townes on the inside, we are tough to beat. If you have issues with mathhog that is your choice, but that statement was just stupid.

If any of you want to bash someone, go to the UNC board and take up for our Team and Coach that have gotten tons of cheap shots. Just please keep it classy to show we are the best fans in the Country.

Go Hogs....Beat UNC!!!!!
I think you need to read the next sentence before drawing a conclusion.  "That is applying your bull crap to a good win." He is applying Mathhog's rules of choking.  Matthog is famous for taking a win away from a deserving team by saying the losing team chokes.  Mathhog needs to give credit for wins by a team that played a good game versus the other choking.  I wonder how many of you read an entire post?

Here is how to apply the Mathhog Rule of choking.  Arkansas beats Tennessee in a great game.  The Hogs deserved the win but when you apply the Mathhog's logic it says Arkansas did not win Tennessee choked.  Let me ask you a question.  Which do you prefer, an Arkansas win with credit or a Tennessee choke and the Hogs were handed the win?

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 22, 2008, 04:49:01 pm
I've got them out Sunday in my bracket, but to bank on the safe side I made a separate bet with a friend that, at most, they'll be out in the S16
I would not bet against you based on their performance yesterday.

With Duke going down I feel a lot better about our game with UNC.  We can beat these guys but we cannot afford another display like the Georgia game.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on March 22, 2008, 04:53:09 pm
I think you need to read the next sentence before drawing a conclusion.  "That is applying your bull crap to a good win." He is applying Mathhog's rules of choking.  Matthog is famous for taking a win away from a deserving team by saying the losing team chokes.  Mathhog needs to give credit for wins by a team that played a good game versus the other choking.  I wonder how many of you read an entire post?

Here is how to apply the Mathhog Rule of choking.  Arkansas beats Tennessee in a great game.  The Hogs deserved the win but when you apply the Mathhog's logic it says Arkansas did not win Tennessee choked.  Let me ask you a question.  Which do you prefer, an Arkansas win with credit or a Tennessee choke and the Hogs were handed the win?

I do read the entire post, just don't follow the "choking theories" close enough to really care enough to bring this up. I do see the sarcasm now and apologize to "The Hog". My bad on that one.

With regard to the Vols, I do want the SEC to do well, but all I honestly care about right now is the great win the Hogs got last night and the bigtime match-up we have with UNC tomorrow.

I am surprised at all the negative talk among Hog fans following the IU game last night and the game we have tomorrow. Go read the UNC board if you want to get upset with anyone.

Go Hogs!!! Beat UNC!!!! 

The Hog

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 22, 2008, 05:36:04 pm
I do read the entire post, just don't follow the "choking theories" close enough to really care enough to bring this up. I do see the sarcasm now and apologize to "The Hog". My bad on that one.

With regard to the Vols, I do want the SEC to do well, but all I honestly care about right now is the great win the Hogs got last night and the bigtime match-up we have with UNC tomorrow.

I am surprised at all the negative talk among Hog fans following the IU game last night and the game we have tomorrow. Go read the UNC board if you want to get upset with anyone.

Go Hogs!!! Beat UNC!!!! 
No big deal.  I like to think teams win games by playing hard, good coaching, etc. versus somebody choking.  These kids and coaches are under tremendous pressure to win.  This starts when they are in elementary school.  I just like to applaud good effort regardless of the team.  I do not care for Alabama but will give them credit when they win a good game.  Same for Kentucky.
Automatic RUN!

Hot_Town_Hog

Agree completely. Sometimes teams do choke, but a lot of times they just get out-played. Georgia is a great example of teams playing hard and wanting to win. I do not think anyone choked against them in the SECT, UGA was just on a roll and playing their butts off. Just ask Xavier if anyone thought they were a fluke.

Just a note on Vandy and Siena, anyone that has followed BB this year, should know Siena has a pretty good team. When Vandy is not hitting 3's, they are in trouble just like Duke.

Smokehouse

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on March 22, 2008, 04:55:59 pm
I would not bet against you based on their performance yesterday.

With Duke going down I feel a lot better about our game with UNC.  We can beat these guys but we cannot afford another display like the Georgia game.

yeah, but I'm hoping the upset of Duke and the fact that UNLV is playing Kansas close (at least for now) doesn't serve as a wake up call to UNC - I'd much rather they just overlook us!

HeyBC

Hoggy1

Quote from: HeyBC on March 22, 2008, 09:02:49 pm

cute, is that the SEC regular season championship?

That's what dreams are made of, PSSSSHHHH.

HeyBC

Well, Arkansas won one of those 14 years ago. I bet you were pretty happy about it then (assuming you can remember back that far).

The Hog

Quote from: HeyBC on March 22, 2008, 09:21:38 pm
Well, Arkansas won one of those 14 years ago. I bet you were pretty happy about it then (assuming you can remember back that far).
Living in the past again.  When will fans note today is the present?  The past is for those that participated during that time.

Mathhog can?  He lives in the past.
Automatic RUN!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: The Hog on March 22, 2008, 10:52:30 pm
Living in the past again.  When will fans note today is the present? The past is for those that participated during that time.

This is a bit ironic coming from the guy with the Earnhart avatar.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The Hog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 23, 2008, 12:59:33 am
This is a bit ironic coming from the guy with the Earnhart avatar.
I am not quoting or living Dale.  I am paying tribute to a great driver.  Yes he is history and only a memory but I do not inundate the board with his greatness or failures.  Major difference.
Automatic RUN!

dclay89

Quote from: The Hog on March 23, 2008, 09:17:37 am
I am not quoting or living Dale.  I am paying tribute to a great driver.  Yes he is history and only a memory but I do not inundate the board with his greatness or failures.  Major difference.

man, as much as i hate to say this to a fellow Dale fan... u need to layoff.. this is a RAZORBACK board.. if a Tennessee fan gets on here and starts running his/her mouth about their one trophy, we have every right to defend our team by bringing out the tradition card.. its not living in the past, its the truth.. now go check ur tampon and get back to me..

The Hog

Quote from: dclay89 on March 23, 2008, 11:23:51 am
man, as much as i hate to say this to a fellow Dale fan... u need to layoff.. this is a RAZORBACK board.. if a Tennessee fan gets on here and starts running his/her mouth about their one trophy, we have every right to defend our team by bringing out the tradition card.. its not living in the past, its the truth.. now go check ur tampon and get back to me..
Check the tradition since 1999 and tell me where it is?  Which by the way does count.  Some on the board do not remember 1994.  A large following of Bama still think Bear is alive.  The are stuck in the great times for Bama football and national championships.  They hired Saban to get back to those long past days.  Get the idea.  It is over, done and it was great.  If we continue the present trail it will be a distant memory and you can say "I remember when".   Your going to have to bring a more creditable post to challenge me.  Folks living in the past are getting past by the present.  Maybe Pel can change that but our previous coaches and AD have destroyed a once great program.  Prove that wrong.  Other teams do not fear the Razorbacks since 1999 to the present. 

What does next year hold?  It will be a tough year and I will stay on focus about where we are headed and not where we once were.  You guys can keep bringing up the great teams of Sutton and Richardson but it gets you absolutely nothing in the present.  That is like a bunch of old high school buddies setting around drinking a few beers and talking about how great it was.  It is a memory and that is all.  Some good some bad but today it is not looking like we are back. 

Question for you.  How are you defending todays team with the tradition card?  It makes all the teams since 1999 look mediocre at best.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the 2007 - 2008 team.  They have to build their own legacy.  The 1994 team built their legacy and does not factor into todays team.

By the way, is it true the d in dclay89 stand for [CENSORED]?  You might want to remove it from you rear.
Automatic RUN!

dclay89

Quote from: The Hog on March 23, 2008, 08:33:49 pm
Check the tradition since 1999 and tell me where it is?  Which by the way does count.  Some on the board do not remember 1994.  A large following of Bama still think Bear is alive.  The are stuck in the great times for Bama football and national championships.  They hired Saban to get back to those long past days.  Get the idea.  It is over, done and it was great.  If we continue the present trail it will be a distant memory and you can say "I remember when".   Your going to have to bring a more creditable post to challenge me.  Folks living in the past are getting past by the present.  Maybe Pel can change that but our previous coaches and AD have destroyed a once great program.  Prove that wrong.  Other teams do not fear the Razorbacks since 1999 to the present. 

What does next year hold?  It will be a tough year and I will stay on focus about where we are headed and not where we once were.  You guys can keep bringing up the great teams of Sutton and Richardson but it gets you absolutely nothing in the present.  That is like a bunch of old high school buddies setting around drinking a few beers and talking about how great it was.  It is a memory and that is all.  Some good some bad but today it is not looking like we are back. 

Question for you.  How are you defending todays team with the tradition card?  It makes all the teams since 1999 look mediocre at best.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the 2007 - 2008 team.  They have to build their own legacy.  The 1994 team built their legacy and does not factor into todays team.

By the way, is it true the d in dclay89 stand for divot tool?  You might want to remove it from you rear.

i am in no way defending todays team with the tradition card, its defending the program.. i apologize i said team when i meant program.. but i think u misunderstood my post.. if a VOL fan gets on here and talks smack, we have every right to defend ourselves.. thats ALL i was saying.. and u got me with the divot tool joke.. classic

ALLVOL

Quote from: dclay89 on March 23, 2008, 10:27:49 pm
i am in no way defending todays team with the tradition card, its defending the program.. i apologize i said team when i meant program.. but i think u misunderstood my post.. if a VOL fan gets on here and talks smack, we have every right to defend ourselves.. thats ALL i was saying.. and u got me with the divot tool joke.. classic
I didn't come on here talking smack. Just laughing at mathhog for being wrong a lot. Im a VOL fan but also pull for the hogs unless they are playing UT. You will never see me busting on the hogs.

The Realist

Don't you have to lose for it to be considered a choke?

The only thing AllVol is pointing out is mathhog has a blind hatred for Tennessee and Pearl.  He takes any chance to bash him.  AllVol defends his program as he should.  TN is an elite team right now.  Arkansas has not been in quite some time. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on March 24, 2008, 12:39:28 pm
Don't you have to lose for it to be considered a choke?

The only thing AllVol is pointing out is mathhog has a blind hatred for Tennessee and Pearl.  He takes any chance to bash him.  AllVol defends his program as he should.  TN is an elite team right now.  Arkansas has not been in quite some time. 

Tennessee will be an elite team when they actually win something.  And I don't mean a bunch of regular season games.  I mean an NCAAT, an SECT, even a Final Four appearance would work.  Even George Mason has one of those.

Most NCAA Tournament appearances without reaching a Final Four
App. School
23 BYU
21 Missouri
19 Alabama, Xavier
17 Boston College, Miami (OH), Utah State
16 Creighton, Tennessee
14 Texas Tech, Tulsa, Weber State
13 UAB, Murray State, Pepperdine
12 Arizona State
11 Gonzaga, Idaho State, Navy, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma City
10 Davidson, George Washington, Southern Illinois, Vanderbilt
9 Chattanooga, Louisiana-Lafayette, North Carolina A&T, Old Dominion, Texas A&M
8 Auburn, Butler, Clemson, Colorado State, Iona, Long Beach State, Pacific, Rhode Island, South Alabama, South Carolina, VCU, Virginia Tech, Winthrop
7 Ball State, East Tennessee State, Eastern Kentucky, Louisiana-Monroe, Montana, Northeastern, Richmond, Southern, TCU, Valparaiso
6 Alcorn State, Austin Peay, Boston University, Furman, Illinois State, Manhattan, Miami (FL), Middle Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri State, Nebraska, Nevada, Saint Louis
5 Boise State, Detroit, Evansville, Fresno State, Kent State, Lamar, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Loyola Marymount, Morehead State, Oral Roberts, Robert Morris, St. Mary's, San Diego State, South Carolina State

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Final_Four_appearances_by_school"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Final_Four_appearances_by_school

ALLVOL

Quote from: donewithdale on March 24, 2008, 12:45:20 pm

Not yet an 'elite' team.  Right now, they are a good team fortunate to have beaten a lower seed from a mid major conference.  The Vols need to accomplish something in March like a Final 4 this season.  With the teams they'll have to beat to get there they can earn that respect.
Butler was a top 10 team that got shafted in the seeding. They were a team that no one wanted to draw and nobody thought they would get blown out by any team that played them. I think that was a good win for UT. A tough test but a good win against a quality team. I won't say UT is an elite team yet. But they definitely deserve respect from anyone who considers themselves a basketball fan.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 24, 2008, 12:46:13 pm
Tennessee will be an elite team when they actually win something.  And I don't mean a bunch of regular season games.  I mean an NCAAT, an SECT, even a Final Four appearance would work.  Even George Mason has one of those.

Most NCAA Tournament appearances without reaching a Final Four
App. School
23 BYU
21 Missouri
19 Alabama, Xavier
17 Boston College, Miami (OH), Utah State
16 Creighton, Tennessee
14 Texas Tech, Tulsa, Weber State
13 UAB, Murray State, Pepperdine
12 Arizona State
11 Gonzaga, Idaho State, Navy, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma City
10 Davidson, George Washington, Southern Illinois, Vanderbilt
9 Chattanooga, Louisiana-Lafayette, North Carolina A&T, Old Dominion, Texas A&M
8 Auburn, Butler, Clemson, Colorado State, Iona, Long Beach State, Pacific, Rhode Island, South Alabama, South Carolina, VCU, Virginia Tech, Winthrop
7 Ball State, East Tennessee State, Eastern Kentucky, Louisiana-Monroe, Montana, Northeastern, Richmond, Southern, TCU, Valparaiso
6 Alcorn State, Austin Peay, Boston University, Furman, Illinois State, Manhattan, Miami (FL), Middle Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri State, Nebraska, Nevada, Saint Louis
5 Boise State, Detroit, Evansville, Fresno State, Kent State, Lamar, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Loyola Marymount, Morehead State, Oral Roberts, Robert Morris, St. Mary's, San Diego State, South Carolina State

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Final_Four_appearances_by_school"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Final_Four_appearances_by_school

So winning the SEC is not winning something in your opinion?

Hogginitall

Winning a bunch of games during the regular season doesn't matter to me one bit.  Maybe that's the difference between a truly elite team and one that wishes they were.  One is happy that they won 30 games during the regular season, and only mildly upset when their team (as a 2-seed) doesn't make the Elite 8.  The other's fans are pi$$ed when their team doesn't make it to AT LEAST the Elite 8 as a 2-seed.