Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the difference between nutt and petrino coming from a player

Started by ki285, March 19, 2008, 02:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinihog

Quote from: TrojanHog on March 19, 2008, 02:37:45 pm
Yeah, my question is, how would Petrino be in the midst of practice and have a depth chart?  Wouldn't that be against the NCAA rules on Spring practice at this point?  I thought they could work out but not do organized practices except for a certain amount that we aren't starting until April.

He did the same thing with the Falcons, few vets thought about calling the union, because of how intense the voluntary workouts were suppose to be and the fact that Wideouts were running Routes vs. DB's...which you can't do until  OTA's start.

Tusks

He also might be using Mort for motivation with the Dick boys.  I don't think Mort will start but in a classroom setting I bet he's cleaning the chalkboard with them and that's what is probably floating around the program.

Next year is going to be tough at the QB position....Casey doesn't have the physical skills to win the SEC and Nathan doesn't have the experience.

Mallett will make the QB position what it should be in a BP offense.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pork Twain

Quote from: Illinihog on March 19, 2008, 06:21:24 pm
He did the same thing with the Falcons, few vets thought about calling the union, because of how intense the voluntary workouts were suppose to be and the fact that Wideouts were running Routes vs. DB's...which you can't do until  OTA's start.
They should have been more worried about keeping Vick and Hall out of trouble.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Illinihog

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 19, 2008, 06:25:21 pm
They should have been more worried about keeping Vick and Hall out of jail.

Ummm hey dip darn, Hall never got put in jail.  And if one of those guys would've gotten hurt in these "illegal" voluntary workouts the team would get into major trouble.

reddogjcss

Like what I'm hearing!!!!!!!!!!! Practice should be harder than any game all year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Illinihog on March 19, 2008, 06:29:34 pm
Ummm hey dip crap, Hall never got put in jail.  And if one of those guys would've gotten hurt in these "illegal" voluntary workouts the team would get into major trouble.
I know he didn't go to jail.  Should have said trouble.  I really don't believe much that comes out of crybaby land in Atlanta.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

PorkSoda

Quote from: NWARazor on March 19, 2008, 05:26:52 pm
Petrino recruited Alex out of high school, so he must have saw something he liked.
Alex Mortenson was the top QB in Georgia out of HS.  I was suprised he never developed, but then again, look at who was coaching him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TrojanHog on March 19, 2008, 02:37:45 pm
Yeah, my question is, how would Petrino be in the midst of practice and have a depth chart?  Wouldn't that be against the NCAA rules on Spring practice at this point?  I thought they could work out but not do organized practices except for a certain amount that we aren't starting until April.
One either the thread is pure BS, or Two he is talking about offseason conditioning drills which could be mistaken as "practice"
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

3kgthog

They will be secretly thanking Petrino in the 4th quarter when the other team is running on fumes or being killed because of penalty yardage.

golfjam

Quote from: Conway4Hogs on March 19, 2008, 03:08:59 pm
Does your boss know you had a couple cocktails for lunch?
that's awesome!!!.....he's quite the speller......
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

Pork Twain

Quote from: golfjam on March 19, 2008, 07:13:17 pm
that's awesome!!!.....he's quite the speller......
golf
I was making fun of the guy above me that used wont in the place of want twice in one post.  It is not as funny if you have to explain it to people.

hog_fan

Quote from: Illinihog on March 19, 2008, 06:21:24 pm

Those poor babies. Did they cry. Why didn't just not show up after all they weren't "required"

Hall needs to be in a jail cell next to Vick since he was more concerned with a criminal then his team.

So you are now saying Petrino is breaking NCAA rules? You going to turn him to get revenge for those poor babies that didn't like him.

Tell that thug Dunn to move on with his life.

Hopefully Vick never sets foot on a nfl again and is forgotten.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hog_fan on March 19, 2008, 07:44:38 pm
Those poor babies. Did they cry. Why didn't just not show up after all they weren't "required"

Hall needs to be in a jail cell next to Vick since he was more concerned with a criminal then his team.

So you are now saying Petrino is breaking NCAA rules? You going to turn him to get revenge for those poor babies that didn't like him.

Tell that thug Dunn to move on with his life.

Hopefully Vick never sets foot on a nfl again and is forgotten.
Dunn a thug???  Not on your life but the Falcons need to move on and quit crying about this.

elksnort

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 19, 2008, 06:57:20 pm
They will be secretly thanking Petrino in the 4th quarter when the other team is running on fumes or being killed because of penalty yardage.

You mean like when Arkansas was running on fumes against LSU this past year?

Pork Twain

No I think he is referring to every other big game we lost.

PAHawg

The difference between TCTWF and BP is

BP = Professionalism and TCTWF = Mediocrity

secfan30

Quote from: elksnort on March 19, 2008, 08:24:26 pm
You mean like when Arkansas was running on fumes against LSU this past year?

No I think he means when we could not close out against Bama, Kentucky, Auburn.

maximus

call me full blown if you want, but i thought alex left transferred.  what happened?
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

PorkSoda

Quote from: maximus on March 19, 2008, 11:33:33 pm
call me full blown if you want, but i thought alex left transferred.  what happened?
He transfered back to run the scout team next season, but with Mallett the likely candidate to run the scout team he may be left to holding a clip board.

jc21711

I don't get people on this board sometimes. The guy was just trying to relay info from a player about petrino. who cares if he said "practice" instead of saying "spring workouts". this is ridiculus.

rightdp

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2008, 03:06:49 pm
  I say to ALL, Nutt is gone, so post about those who are or will be here.

ha!  well I say to ALL, "as long as you obey the rules of this board, post whatever the crap you want to post."

YABBBUF

Wow!  this thread says absolutely everything about this board!!!  For most just read it!!!  There is no way anyone can believe the original poster; but many will take it and run!!! 

I promise you people that AM is not now nor has he ever been considered the starter for next year!!!  BP will work that out!!  That will however be next August!!  Get a clue!!  Get a life!!  get Something@@@
You are welcome Slacker.

centarkswine

That's great news. Hearing stuff like this makes me even more excited about next football season. We have a coach that demands nothing but perfection.

WizardofhOgZ

March 20, 2008, 02:01:44 pm #73 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:00:09 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: PorkSoda on March 19, 2008, 11:39:19 pm
He transfered back to run the scout team next season, but with Mallett the likely candidate to run the scout team he may be left to holding a clip board.

Wrong; he (Alex M) transferred back to run the scout team LAST season, which he did.  He is now eligible to play in this, his fifth and final season.

DMacIsASaint

I have talked to two players who say the difference is that Petrino flat out has no soul. I talked to one player who was doing a workout out with an assistant and was joking saying the workout wasnt hard enough..petrino heard this pulled him aside and called him every name in the book and told him he would cut him if he ever should any disrespect like that

Throwback1

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

ph3889

Is there some kind of running joke about saying "wont" when you mean "want"?  I understand typos happen, but it happened three times at the top of this thread by two different posters.  Is that just the accent coming out in the text or is there some insider lingo that I am not aware of?

I have a feeling that we will hear much more about the difference between Petrino and Nutt after spring practice starts and during the season.  Petrino is like the Bizarro Nutt, where down is up and day is night.  Eat your Wheaties, Hog players because everybody works on a CBP team.  WPS

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ph3889 on March 20, 2008, 02:45:39 pm
Is there some kind of running joke about saying "wont" when you mean "want"?  I understand typos happen, but it happened three times at the top of this thread by two different posters.  Is that just the accent coming out in the text or is there some insider lingo that I am not aware of?

It's the grammer po-po's.  Everyone bust out your spell check's. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ki285 on March 19, 2008, 02:24:11 pm
i talked to a player just about an hour ago at lunch.  he told me he has never worked this hard in his life.  he said petrino isnt trying to be there buddy like nutt was.  said petrino is in everyones face and wont accept anything less than perfection.  he said the main difference is the way practice is conducted.  he said that nutt let his assistants run practice, they he just walked around and checked up on what was going on.  he said petrino was completly opposite.  he said petrino is right in the middle of everything.  he said he knows what everyone from the centers to the recievers are supposed to be doing.  he also said that he is not looking forward to going back after spring break because petrino said they were going to be going full steam when they got back.  oh he also said that the qb position is going to be so wide open that alex mortenson is the starter right now because he knows the offense better than any of the other qbs. 

I'm not surprised that Casey isn't picking up Petrino's offense. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. This is spring break...my daughter is off this week from U of A. I hope Petrino works them hard after this week and makes them appreciate what it takes to be a Razorback. You don't get something by just wishing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ph3889

"It's the grammer po-po's.  Everyone bust out your spell check's."

It wuz a legit quwestion.

GuvHog

Quote from: pfrg999 on March 19, 2008, 06:08:59 pm

A hugger is still a hugger.... Just an Nuttless Hugger..... And A Darksider is still a winner !! WFPS

And yes we will compare and we will do it right here on Hogville.... Yes TCTWF is gone, But we as a people compare new things to old ones... I compare new girlfriends to old ones... Or new cars to old ones.... So comparing new coaches to old coaches is just what people do. It just hurts to those who wish he was still here, or those who lost the battle and the war.

IMHO

You make a good point. I WAS an avid Nutt supporter when he was here but THAT was then.
I am now firmly in Bobby Petrino's corner, make no mistake about it!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

farmhawg

Petrino's attitude is the reason we will have a chance to go 8-4 this year. I love his work ethic and passion. WPS!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HoopS

I had a player tell me that we are going to be really good.  And that this coaching change is a good one.  That player plans to step up and I can't wait to see him do it.

opineonswine

I will be shocked if Casey is the starting QB next year.

idochog

I love Jesus!

Throwback1

I'm not really sweating it, simply because I have no doubt whoever starts will be the one who gives us the best chance to win.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

David†

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 20, 2008, 04:03:32 pm
I'm not really sweating it, simply because I have no doubt whoever starts will be the one who gives us the best chance to win.

Are you saying that the coach is not gonna play favorites to upper classmen or his "teacher's pet" ? :)

Throwback1

David†

Pork Twain

Quote from: ph3889 on March 20, 2008, 02:45:39 pm
For the love of God I was making fun of the guy above me for screwing it up twice in the same post.

ph3889

"For the love of God I was making fun of the guy above me for screwing it up twice in the same post. "

For the love of God that is why I asked

upperdeck_hawg

wait, so if they arent practicing, how come petrino made alex mortenson the starter then? is he first team on the jumping jack workout or sit-ups? lol
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

ki285

they arent practicing the player told me he justs knows the playbook better.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: DMacIsASaint on March 20, 2008, 02:17:37 pm
I have talked to two players who say the difference is that Petrino flat out has no soul. I talked to one player who was doing a workout out with an assistant and was joking saying the workout wasnt hard enough..petrino heard this pulled him aside and called him every name in the book and told him he would cut him if he ever should any disrespect like that

Some of these Nutt-slackers are going to need to be cut out.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 20, 2008, 06:17:40 pm
wait, so if they arent practicing, how come petrino made alex mortenson the starter then? is he first team on the jumping jack workout or sit-ups? lol

he's first through the sand pit ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SemperFi

Quote from: hog_fan on March 19, 2008, 02:28:40 pm
Great news. When they have success they will come to respect and even like Petrino. Is this week Spring Break. If so the week after next is when I believe Spring Practice begins. Alex is said to be football smart just not a good QB. Casey will have one hell of a battle on his hands.

Maybe Mortensen wasn't good under the nutters style of handing off the ball, but he might blossom under Petrino's offense. I can't help but remember Jason Allen (Auburn) and how he turned out under the right system.

This is exactly what we (HOG FANS) have been waiting for. A coach like Petrino to come in and build a Football Machine.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

wooly

Quote from: idochog on March 19, 2008, 03:13:15 pm
That right there is gonna make us better, I remember when DHoward played ahead of DMac and Felix against Vandy and we lost.

Another thing Petrino will not do is give people like RFish a scholie just b/c Fishs dad played w/ the head coach.

To defend Howard, he had 21 for 139 and a TD in that game.  He promptly found the bench after that game.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PorkSoda

Quote from: DMacIsASaint on March 20, 2008, 02:17:37 pm
One thing to keep in mind here is that anytime you get a new boss, their first order of business is to lay down the law.  While I think he will still be strict in the future, once everyone learns the way he does things, I don't think he will be quite as hard on the kids.  One thing is for sure, he is a perfectionist and will accept nothing less.  The best thing for the players at this point is to work hard and keep their mouths shut.  Petrino is serious about improving the program, and I doubt he will have any qualms about cutting those who aren't.  Just my take on the subject.

IMAballHawg

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 19, 2008, 02:32:36 pm
I wont these guys to these work their butts off and be the best that they can be and I am happy we have a coach that wan't take anything less.

BeoPig I would guess that 90% of the posters wan't get what you are posting about.  That includes gohogsgo006. 
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!