Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

biggest recruiting flop(players we could'nt live without) any sport

Started by rangertaunton, March 18, 2008, 01:13:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

Quote from: nutted on March 24, 2008, 05:28:04 pm

So why did Strubing sp? transfer.....what I remember is something like there was too much pressure playing in the SEC or he didn't like the coaches yelling at him....something strange.
Bad blood between he and Danny Ford.  He tore a ligament in his knee midway through the season.....but still started with a brace for the remainder of the season.  Needed some time to heal up after the season, but Ford didn't like that.  Didn't think it was serious enough to warrant surgery and/or rehab time. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: oldfart on March 24, 2008, 04:55:53 pm
as i recall lee was signed as a project out of high school.. did ok but nothing sensational for sure.  i dont think he was highly recruited so im not sure you could label him a flop.....

Well, Lee made the Parade All-American team (not sure if first team or not, but he was on the team) and Nolan didn't do him any favors when he said (paraphrasing as best I remember) that Lee "has a chance to be the best big man of them all (Razorbacks) by the time he leaves here."  That put a lot of expectations on the kid.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: oldfart on March 24, 2008, 04:55:53 pm
as i recall lee was signed as a project out of high school.. did ok but nothing sensational for sure.  i dont think he was highly recruited so im not sure you could label him a flop.....

I could certainly be wrong, but I live about an hour from Waco, and if I  remember correctly he was very highly recruited coming out of highschool.
Let's make some waves.

EastMemphisHog

i'll again bring up cannon whitby. He averaged like 50 pts a game in highschool

RationalHog

Quote from: cshivley1 on March 26, 2008, 10:53:37 am
i'll again bring up cannon whitby. He averaged like 50 pts a game in highschool
didn't he play for a small 2A school?
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

EastMemphisHog

oldfart

you are probably correct i think i must be thinking of some other player of that era. maybe larry satchell....

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 26, 2008, 10:48:43 am

I could certainly be wrong, but I live about an hour from Waco, and if I  remember correctly he was very highly recruited coming out of highschool.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 24, 2008, 02:17:24 pm
houston nutt in football.

I can't believe only 2 have commented on this one.

Wasn't ol' Hootie supposed to be one of the top QB recruits in his class?  Didn't we supposedly have to fight off Bear Bryant for him?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just asking those who remember.  Seems that has been said more than once.  If so, his QB career at both Arkansas and OSU was a total flop..

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: donewithdale on March 18, 2008, 06:20:26 pm
Phillip McKellar was a bigger disappointment for the Hogs than Whitby.

Derek Hood?  He scored over a 1000 pts and had a 1000 rebounds and averaged a double double his senior season.  Idiotic and insulting that he would even be put on this list.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing this out.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SPAL

D Hood....are u guys serious?

our fans are brilliant.

Ill say Mike Cherry. Not sure how highly recruited he was...just a name i havent seen mentioned yet...seems like transferred and had success and got drafted by the giants in like the 7th or 8th round.

Doggtown31LCC

Quote from: rangertaunton on March 18, 2008, 01:37:08 pm
I apoligize for posting a topic that has been posted b4. Did'nt know it was illegal. I guess we need to take down the other 2,000 topics about NuttHugger and the oh I say other 10,000 posts about the Springdale bunch. Just trying to get everyones opinions. Must have been in Iraq or Afghanistan when this topic was last discussed. Sorry to offend you

i don't mind buddy. its a good topic, and i wouldn't want to dig through all those other threads either when you can just make a new one.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas