Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Sec has no business with 6 teams in the NCAA

Started by Forrest city joe-1, March 16, 2008, 06:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forrest city joe-1

It's a joke that the sec has as many bids as the Pac 10 the sec was terrible this year.they will not get a team past the 2nd round in my opinion. i think even TN will lose their second game. everyone else goes out in the first round.Mike slive must have a lot of pull.

Table Rocker

hogfan064

Who would you leave out?  Kentucky is the only one you could make an arguement against.

johnfanman

treee teams in the sweet sixteen...tennessee, vanderbilt, miss st. and one in the elite eight...tenn. I don't see much more than that, but we will be represented well in the after the first weekend
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

hogfan064

Quote from: johnfanman on March 16, 2008, 06:51:27 pm
treee teams in the sweet sixteen...tennessee, vanderbilt, miss st. and one in the elite eight...tenn. I don't see much more than that, but we will be represented well in the after the first weekend

You think MSU beats Memphis?

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jgphillips3

Look, the SEC was not terrible, we just didn't have as many really good teams as we have in the past.  We are WAY middle of the pack heavy.  I will promise you that any team in the West, except LSU, could get hot and beat almost any team in the field that isn't a top 5 team.  However, it is the "must get hot" part that is the problem.  We have a bunch of okay teams and only one marquee team in Tennessee this year.  Considering the league has had as many as nine in the past, six is probably fair, but it would have only been five if Georgia hadn't pulled out the tourney title.

Forrest city joe-1

The only team that will win a game in the NCAA is Tennessee. everyone else goes home in the first round. sorry, but that's how i see it. the Sec is not good at all this year folks.

RZRBack_FAN

I agree. Georgia and Kentucky sure dont deserve it. I kinda think the auto bid sucks. No way should a team that wins 4 confernce games all year deserve a spot in the tourney i dont care if they win 6 games in 3 days. Why not just have a tourney to see who makes the tourney if its gonna be that way. Why even play a regular season?

WHITEPW

hogfan064

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on March 16, 2008, 06:56:07 pm
I agree. Georgia and Kentucky sure dont deserve it. I kinda think the auto bid sucks. No way should a team that wins 4 confernce games all year deserve a spot in the tourney i dont care if they win 6 games in 3 days. Why not just have a tourney to see who makes the tourney if its gonna be that way. Why even play a regular season?

The Auto bid does suck when you have a team like Ole Miss that won 21 games this year left out, but a team with a losing record like Coppin State that is in. 

But that's how the tourney is setup and all these teams know what they have to do.

hview

I'm glad they got 6 teams in. Who knows, maybe the Hogs can put together another two game winning streak. Man, wouldn't that be a shocker. :)

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: hview on March 16, 2008, 07:00:47 pm
I'm glad they got 6 teams in. Who knows, maybe the Hogs can put together another two game winning streak. Man, wouldn't that be a shocker. :)
NO CHANCE. im already looking foward to our new players next year.

Spiral_cut

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 06:55:59 pm
The only team that will win a game in the NCAA is Tennessee. everyone else goes home in the first round. sorry, but that's how i see it. the Sec is not good at all this year folks.

Good god man, do you ever see the glass half full????

Natedog39

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 07:04:30 pm

Maybe you shouldn't even watch the game then.  Fans like you make me sick.  Maybe they won't win, maybe they will, but how can you not even give them a chance.  I as a Razorback fan will always give us a chance to win.  Isn't that what fans are supposed to do.  Fans are supposed to believe in their team when noone else does. 

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: Spiral_cut on March 16, 2008, 07:07:43 pm

Sometimes the truth hurts.i have no faith in this team. today was not a big suprise to me at all. i have seen this for 4 years. getting mad at me wont change the facts.

hawgsav1

This doesn't make sense.  If anyone saw the interview with the committee chairman, they said they emphasized non-conference play and scheduling over conference play and didn't take conference play into account.  This was their justification for leaving Arizona State out instead of Arizona.  If that's the case, then why did they put Kentucky in ahead of Ole Miss?  Ole Miss had no losses to <200 RPI teams while Kentucky had a losing record going into conference play.  Ole Miss was ranked for a while this season and could probably take out Kentucky.  Bad bracket selection this year.

Natedog39

I have been sick of alot of stuff I have seen over the last 4 years, but that doesn't mean that I won't be cheering them on and wanting them to win.  By the way, how is your opinion the truth.  The TRUTH is that there is no truth in opinions. 

BTW, I'm not mad at you.

Hootiethehog

Joe, what must life be like for you. I feel sorry for you, your family and everyone that has ever met you. Someone as negative as you are on a daily basis just drags down all those around you.
I understand that being the "angry guy" is your schtik, but making a statement like you did in the original post just makes you look like someone who has never even heard of the game of basketball.
Do I think our draw was good. Hell no, I think we got one of the worst possible draws for us. But looking around at the rest of the tournament and saying that the SEC won't get at least one team to the Sweet 16 is asinine.
When you would call in to Drive Time, I always thought you were part of their crew that they put on to either cause controversy with your outrageous claims or there just for comic relief because like I said before, no one can be as negative as you are and be serious about it.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 16, 2008, 07:14:26 pm
Joe, what must life be like for you. I feel sorry for you, your family and everyone that has ever met you. Someone as negative as you are on a daily basis just drags down all those around you.
I understand that being the "angry guy" is your schtik, but making a statement like you did in the original post just makes you look like someone who has never even heard of the game of basketball.
Do I think our draw was good. Hell no, I think we got one of the worst possible draws for us. But looking around at the rest of the tournament and saying that the SEC won't get at least one team to the Sweet 16 is asinine.
When you would call in to Drive Time, I always thought you were part of their crew that they put on to either cause controversy with your outrageous claims or there just for comic relief because like I said before, no one can be as negative as you are and be serious about it.
I may be the worse guy in the world.but the Sec stinks this year. and it has no business with 6 team in the NCAA. i will be proven right about this. getting mad because i dont think like you do wont work with me. i have no faith in these players, or this team. if that makes me a bad guy, so be it. i hope they win every game. but in my opinion it's one and out again this year.

BigoBoys

It is about economics!  SEC has money and they will have fans that travel. 

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: BigoBoys on March 16, 2008, 07:30:21 pm
It is about economics!  SEC has money and they will have fans that travel. 
Yep, that must be what it is. that, or Mike slive has more power than we think. it's unreal the sec got 6 teams in.UNREAL!

Hootiethehog

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 07:46:13 pm
Yep, that must be what it is. that, or Mike slive has more power than we think. it's unreal the sec got 6 teams in.UNREAL!

I agree, Kentucky should not be in this tournament
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Tusks

Joe I'm usually on your side but if the SEC has more than one team win a game then how about a day of positive post from you.

You said EVERYONE but TN will be one and done, I say you're wrong and if you are show up and be nice for a change.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

babywhiz

March 16, 2008, 08:04:46 pm #24 Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:06:26 pm by babywhiz
Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 06:50:03 pm
It's a joke that the sec has as many bids as the Pac 10 the sec was terrible this year.they will not get a team past the 2nd round in my opinion. i think even TN will lose their second game. everyone else goes out in the first round.Mike slive must have a lot of pull.

(Nothing personal to you, I just thought it would be a funny thread to post this pic on)
Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: nutted on March 16, 2008, 07:54:00 pm
Joe I'm usually on your side but if the SEC has more than one team win a game then how about a day of positive post from you.

You said EVERYONE but TN will be one and done, I say you're wrong and if you are show up and be nice for a change.
OK here goes. i think Pel will be a great coach for us in time.i think he will get better players into this program. players who are winners. and know how to win big games. time will tell.

GrizzledHogFan

LOL
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hogsanity

The SEC only had 5 teams in.  IT is obvious Ky was in with their 12 regular season SEC wins, and they should have been.  Is it the SEC's fault that GA won 4 games in the SECT?  DO you penalize Ky because GA got hot?  If the SEC refs would have called the charge on GA with 1 second left yesterday, this might all be moot.

The problem is wih the autobids.  It cheapens the regular season.  Why not just give the autobids to the league champ, then get you at large teams from the rest.  The GA situation does not happen often, but it happens often enough that it stinks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hview

March 16, 2008, 10:05:35 pm #28 Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:07:33 pm by hview
Forrest City if they beat IU are you going to give them credit for having a good game. I admit just about the time I think they've turned the corner we have one of these games. Lets cheer them on and then look forward to an injection on new players into the program.   

I agree the autobid created this situation with Georgia winning. Personally I like it.

hogsanity

Quote from: hview on March 16, 2008, 10:05:35 pm
Forrest City if they beat IU are you going to give them credit for having a good game. I admit just about the time I think they've turned the corner we have one of these games. Lets cheer them on and then look forward to an injection on new players into the program.  

No, he will say it is because IU lost their coach) cheater ) during the season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 07:25:16 pm
I may be the worse guy in the world.but the Sec stinks this year. and it has no business with 6 team in the NCAA. i will be proven right about this. getting mad because i dont think like you do wont work with me. i have no faith in these players, or this team. if that makes me a bad guy, so be it. i hope they win every game. but in my opinion it's one and out again this year.

maybe you should join Thug U and their fans

Marc Maggard

kinda odd to see so many complain about a team that beat them making the tournament....not smack talk....just obvious viewpoint.

The last 10 or so games are BIG for the NCAA selection committee and UK played very well the second half.

mm

stronguard

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 16, 2008, 07:14:01 pm
This doesn't make sense.  If anyone saw the interview with the committee chairman, they said they emphasized non-conference play and scheduling over conference play and didn't take conference play into account.  This was their justification for leaving Arizona State out instead of Arizona.  If that's the case, then why did they put Kentucky in ahead of Ole Miss?  Ole Miss had no losses to <200 RPI teams while Kentucky had a losing record going into conference play.  Ole Miss was ranked for a while this season and could probably take out Kentucky.  Bad bracket selection this year.

I think Ken-sucky made the tourney the moment San Diego won their conf tourney.  That UGLY loss to SD earlier wasn't quite so ugly after that. 

OH, and the fact that the NCAA loves them some Ken-sucky.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Forrest city joe-1

Quote from: hview on March 16, 2008, 10:05:35 pm

I agree the autobid created this situation with Georgia winning. Personally I like it.
Hope we win every game. i always pull for the hawgs to win. but i have no faith in these players. im glad the season is almost over. looking foward to our new players coming in next year.

Marc Maggard

Quote from: stronguard on March 16, 2008, 10:17:10 pm
I think Ken-sucky made the tourney the moment San Diego won their conf tourney.  That UGLY loss to SD earlier wasn't quite so ugly after that. 

Ken-sucky beat Ar-can-sucks......(thank you, appearing twice nightly)

mm

stronguard

Quote from: Marc Maggard on March 16, 2008, 10:36:17 pm
Ken-sucky beat Ar-can-sucks......(thank you, appearing twice nightly)

mm

I'm glad big blue has 1 victory they can be proud of. 

Besides, everyone knows we're not Ar-can-sux, we're Arkanschitz Bi-Polar-backs....get it straight will ya.

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Natedog39

hawgsav1

Haha true, but what about losing to Gardner Webb?  I'd never heard of them before that one...

hawgsav1

March 17, 2008, 03:40:45 am #38 Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:44:01 am by hawgsav1
Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2008, 10:03:19 pm
The SEC only had 5 teams in.  IT is obvious Ky was in with their 12 regular season SEC wins, and they should have been.  Is it the SEC's fault that GA won 4 games in the SECT?  DO you penalize Ky because GA got hot?  If the SEC refs would have called the charge on GA with 1 second left yesterday, this might all be moot.

The problem is wih the autobids.  It cheapens the regular season.  Why not just give the autobids to the league champ, then get you at large teams from the rest.  The GA situation does not happen often, but it happens often enough that it stinks.

I don't have a problem with auto-bids, because it gives teams a concrete way of ensuring they get into the tournament, and it gives teams who normally don't have much to play for something to look forward too.  Otherwise the hullaballoo of who gets in and who doesn't would be unbearable.  However, Georgia getting the SEC tourney win should have knocked out Kentucky from contention.  They got it together in conference, which I commend them for.  But George Mason's president (his own words from the committee leader) said that they didn't take conference strength or records into account nearly as much as they heavily emphasized non-conference play.  By that standard, I don't think Kentucky should have gotten in.  By that reasoning Ole Miss should have gotten in.  They have a better RPI than Kentucky by nearly 20 spots and a much better non-conference record with much fewer bad losses than Kentucky.  Both teams lost in their opening tournament games, so that point is moot in my opinion.  Only thing Kentucky really has going for it is the SOS, which is 19 compared to Ole Miss at 65.

Marc Maggard

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 17, 2008, 03:40:45 am
I don't have a problem with auto-bids, because it gives teams a concrete way of ensuring they get into the tournament, and it gives teams who normally don't have much to play for something to look forward too.  Otherwise the hullaballoo of who gets in and who doesn't would be unbearable.  However, Georgia getting the SEC tourney win should have knocked out Kentucky from contention.  They got it together in conference, which I commend them for.  But George Mason's president (his own words from the committee leader) said that they didn't take conference strength or records into account nearly as much as they heavily emphasized non-conference play.  By that standard, I don't think Kentucky should have gotten in.  By that reasoning Ole Miss should have gotten in.  They have a better RPI than Kentucky by nearly 20 spots and a much better non-conference record with much fewer bad losses than Kentucky.  Both teams lost in their opening tournament games, so that point is moot in my opinion.  Only thing Kentucky really has going for it is the SOS, which is 19 compared to Ole Miss at 65.

Seriously, you can't take ONE thing and single it out as the reason someone did or didn't get in.  It's the entire package.

UK's early problems were due to major injuries and a new coach.  Injuries have ALWAYS been accounted for, assuming the team plays well once those injuries are healed....which UK did.  IT's also the reason Arizona is in the tournament....they are 16-6 with Nic and Bayless in the lineup. 

I know its fun to talk Gardner Webb, but that was the second game of the season with major injuries....still should have won, but those factors are considered.....

Vandy at Vandy was a bad loss, but teams lose games from time to time.....it's the body of work.  And UK beat Vandy, Ga, Ark, and Tenn....all of which are in the tournament.

mm

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 17, 2008, 03:40:45 am

First, I dont believe that they dont take conference record in to account, because they also say the emphasize the final 12 games or so, so, how can they not look at conference, because thats what your final 12 games are.

Second, why should an upset winner in the SEC automatically have knocked another SEC team out?  I can think of 3 teams that shoud not be in anyway that should have been ousted by GA, Arizona, St Joes, Villanova.

Fiamlly, why should teams that cant do it over a 30 game schedule, be given a 2nd chance?

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 07:04:30 pm
I'm sure you will enjoy the chance to turn against a whole new set of Hogs.  You said you didn't want this team to make the NCAAT, now we are in it and you are still griping. 

cmakrzrbak

Standard thread from the "other" FCJ

B!tch B!tch B!tch B!tch B!tch - moan, whine, we suck balls - B!tch B!tch B!tch

I hope we lose - whine - belch - B!tch - we shouldn't even show up - holler B!tch B!tch B!tch

what a damn loser
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

BleedsBlue

The jealousy here is so obvious.  Any team with a 12-4 SEC record has never been left out of the tournament.  What was Arkansas' SEC record?  Ole Miss?  Better than UK's?  Don't think so.

What happened to the days when fans cheered for all of the SEC teams and the money it brings to the conference?  I know I will be wishing all the SEC teams well during the tournament including Arkansas.

Hogginitall

Once again, you're full of $*%$.  And once again, you'll be proven incorrect, come Sweet 16 time.  I'm tired of reading your negative drivel!  You might be the first person on this board that I put on ignore....

Hogginitall

Quote from: Forrest city joe-1 on March 16, 2008, 07:25:16 pm

Kind of seems like you don't have much faith in ANYTHING.  Congrats on that!

ekyle1

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 16, 2008, 06:55:06 pm
Kentucky does NOT deserve a bid...
Do you really think that the NCAA powers that be would kick BIG BLUE to the curb!!!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Jim Harris

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 16, 2008, 07:14:01 pm

Maybe it had a little something to do with Kentucky going 12-4 and Ole Miss going 7-9 in the league. Kentucky beat Ole Miss head to head.
Ole Miss could have made it by winning four games in a row like Georgia. Instead the Rebs lost to Georgia.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

stronguard

March 17, 2008, 10:12:48 pm #49 Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:49:59 am by stronguard
Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 17, 2008, 10:31:43 am
The jealousy here is so obvious.  Any team with a 12-4 SEC record has never been left out of the tournament.  What was Arkansas' SEC record?  Ole Miss?  Better than UK's?  Don't think so.

What happened to the days when fans cheered for all of the SEC teams and the money it brings to the conference?  I know I will be wishing all the SEC teams well during the tournament including Arkansas.
[/quote
Quote from: BleedsBlue on March 17, 2008, 10:31:43 am

I've got a lot of friends and family in Ken-Sucky.  But lets face it, this years team doesn't deserve to go dancing.  I think most of the honest UK fans would agree with that.  12 - 4 SEC is nice, but everyone in the SEC knows that UK gets 6 auto wins in the SEC every year just on the basis of home cooking officials.   I will be cheering for them to win though, just like I do every game that they aren't playing the Arkanschitz Bi-Polarbacks.