Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn bracketology to be updated today

Started by Modsquad24, January 14, 2008, 08:59:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

lunardi starts updating everyweek during conference play on monday and todays update should be released soon. I know it doesnt mean alot this early in the season, but its fun to watch it because hes usually pretty good, it will be interesting to see what we go up to from the 10 seed he had us at lastweek, because as of the 7th we were 11-3, now being 13-3, 2-0 thats gotta give us a climb up. GHG!

razorbackred

He's got us a #9 playing #8 Notre Dame in the first round. 

All we have to do is keep winning and we could end up round a #4, 5 or 6.  If we go 12-4 in conf I think #4 is possible.  That App St game could hurt down the road. 

opineonswine

CollegeRPI.com was updated.  We are still a number 9, playing #8 Louisville in Anaheim.  Winner "gets" UCLA.

Oliver

Quote from: razorbackred on January 14, 2008, 04:40:47 pm
He's got us a #9 playing #8 Notre Dame in the first round. 

All we have to do is keep winning and we could end up round a #4, 5 or 6.  If we go 12-4 in conf I think #4 is possible.  That App St game could hurt down the road. 

Give up the dream of us being a 4, 5, or 6 seed.  This team is an 8 seed at best. 

booogaga

arent the 9 or 8 seeds bad because they have to play the 1 seed next or am i wrong.
GO HOGS!

Modsquad24

thats correct would like atleast a 7 seed so you play the 2 if you advance, we gotta do that first been since 1999 when the hogs beat Siena that the razorbacks advanced to atleast the 2nd round(32)

razorbackred

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 14, 2008, 04:45:13 pm
Give up the dream of us being a 4, 5, or 6 seed.  This team is an 8 seed at best. 

Why give up on a 4 or 5 seed?  The SEC is down this year; I know 12-4 is a stretch, but take care of business at home and win 3 more on the road and were there. 

I would even be happy with a #6 or #7; I just want to avoid #8 or 9!

chiefsfan

In reality a 10 seed is better then an 8 or a 9, because the matchup with the 7 is going to be just as tough as in the 8/9 game  and with a 2 seed awaiting a winner instead of a Memphis or North carolina
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

blacksuit

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 14, 2008, 04:45:13 pm

I agree, but the SEC is there for the taking this year, and as some have noted, a 12-4 conference record will get us higher than an 8 seed (optimistic, yes, but anything lower than 10-6 is failure, 11-5 is easily possible). If Pel is the coach we think he is, we will be better in March than we are now. The question is this: how far can we go with no true PG and no complete big men?

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 14, 2008, 07:01:25 pm
In reality a 10 seed is better then an 8 or a 9, because the matchup with the 7 is going to be just as tough as in the 8/9 game  and with a 2 seed awaiting a winner instead of a Memphis or North carolina

I always say the same thing. IMO, the #8 or #9 is worse than the #12. As a #12, you play a #5, and if you win you get a #4 or #13, as opposed to the #1 seed which plays (and almost always beats) the #8 vs #9 winner. I like our chances better as a #10-#12, than a #8 or #9.

With that said, a 4, 5, or 6 is much more inviting and still very much in reach if we put out the effort and get a couple of breaks.

3kgthog

I don't like our chances no matter what seed we are. NCAAT teams have good guards for the most part. Other than Beverley, our guards suck.