Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gary Ervin - Today's MVP

Started by Gohawgs71, January 13, 2008, 08:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gohawgs71

How clutch was Gary today?!!!  His is the most vilified Hawg Baller by Hogville memebers, myself included.  However, today he won the game and for that I thank and congratulate Mr Ervin.

hillhog

Can't wholeheartedly agree with this assessment. Recall the drive into the lane, nowhere to go, TURNOVER.
He did pull off a conventional 3 point play late, with great help from Weems by way of a rebound, drive and a perfect bounce pass down the lane. Give him credit. Glad he found the basket on this free throw, unlike the last brick he threw up at the last game.

jgphillips3

He is inconsistent.  To his credit however, even while remaining inconsistent, he has done just enough to redeem his mistakes and has seemed to make plays late in the game lately instead of folding as often as he did last year.  I will still be glad to see a new floor general take charge next year, but it seems he is improving under Pelphrey and is a little mentally tougher, albeit no less reckless, than he used to be.

Rayzback

January 13, 2008, 09:30:27 pm #3 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 09:33:19 pm by Rayzback
He also nailed a pretty clutch 3 just before that dish from Weems... (I think Weems and Bev both missed just before that... during the drought ??)

Quote from: hillhog on January 13, 2008, 09:13:52 pm
Can't wholeheartedly agree with this assessment. Recall the drive into the lane, nowhere to go, TURNOVER.
He did pull off a conventional 3 point play late, with great help from Weems by way of a rebound, drive and a perfect bounce pass down the lane. Give him credit. Glad he found the basket on this free throw, unlike the last brick he threw up at the last game.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

FAABrad

Ervin was Arkansas best player in OT.  He was also the one who stripped the ball late in OT to create a turnover that was huge.  Even the floater he missed seemed like a good shot to take.

alaback

Townes was the MVP today, bottom line.

Razor8

Quote from: alaback on January 13, 2008, 09:59:22 pm
Townes was the MVP today, bottom line.
I completely agree - Townes was the MVP in my opinion too!!!!!!
Ervin took several bad shots and had a couple of TO's that helped to let Bama back in the game. I hate to be this way but every time he touched the ball i got nervous.
Razorbacks

bobthebuilder4600

ervin was definately not the mvp, he was the reason we went to overtime in the first place. I didn't understand why Welsh was on the bench during our drought at the end of the second half... if Ervin doesn't drive into the lane numerous time only to be blocked/miss a layup/ or turn it over we win that game in regulation...

RazrBakr

AS a frend told me at the game, "He went from zero to hero."  Townes and Weems got the points today though.  Beverly was a no-show.  Didn't think he would ever get off the pine to play in the 2nd period.
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Razor8

Quote from: RazrBakr on January 13, 2008, 10:34:11 pm
AS a frend told me at the game, "He went from zero to hero."  Townes and Weems got the points today though.  Beverly was a no-show.  Didn't think he would ever get off the pine to play in the 2nd period.

i wouldnt say PBev was a total no-show he did have 13 rebounds.
Razorbacks

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RazrBakr on January 13, 2008, 10:34:11 pm

You are aware that Patrick Beverley got a dislocated jaw in the 1st half and played with excruciating pain in the second half and had 14 rebounds - 6'1 Guard.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

yraciv

Quote from: Razor8 on January 13, 2008, 10:37:14 pm
i wouldnt say PBev was a total no-show he did have 13 rebounds.

PB rode the bench the second half due to foul trouble, and still got 13 boards.  I wouldn't say he was a complete no show.

hogfan446

Every time Ervin hits the floor I cringe.  Sorry, but he is more of a liability than an asset.  His body plays faster than his mind and he just can't play under control.  I will be glad when he is gone.

MinowBucket

Quote from: PorkOpine on January 13, 2008, 09:21:48 pm
Ervin did not win the game.  He found redemption for letting the lead slip away in the first place.

Exactly, he did well in overtime, but the game never should have gone to overtime. He is way to careless with the ball. Stupid turnovers by him always cost us late in games.

RazrBakr

I knew he had the foul trouble.  Freaking refs gave him 2 back to back.  When did the jaw dislocation happen?  Man, THAT'S gotta hurt.  He's a tough sonofagun!

Do they still have "blacklists" for refs?  Those joksters tonight should never be allowed in BWA ever again!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

PeytonManningSUCKS

He hit some big shots, redeemed his horrible turnovers earlier in regulation.  I'm an Ervin apologist.  I see his flaws, but I don't see how some people don't see the good things he brings. 

I'm a hill apologist too...  We have a good team, players bring things to the table that makes us good.  No reason to pick on anybody.  If we continue to improve this could be a VERY fun season. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

I give the POG to Weems, 41 minutes, 17 points and five assists and 4 boards, pretty good stat line.

opineonswine

I think Welsh is a 2 guard having to play PG.  Hopefully next year he can go back to 2.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: donewithdale on January 14, 2008, 10:12:28 am
Because Welsh is having a horrible season offensively. 
Seriously, He was 0 fer on the game...

pokeydaman

yeah, Welsh is strugglin shooting the ball. Gary plays reckless, most of the time, but he still contributes, and was clutch yesterday. It just seems like other teams have a player, a go-to-player, to get a bucket, draw a foul, make a steal....we dont have a player like that.

hog_spirit

I've almost come to enjoy watching Ervin ride the fine line between sucess and failure.  What impresses me is that he always seems to give 100%    Just sit back and enjoy the ride!