Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky fans: "Glad we didn't hire Pelphrey"

Started by mathhog, January 13, 2008, 07:12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoginHouston

Looks like a majority of them realize Pel is a good coach and some even think he will one day be their coach (I hope they are wrong). So glad we have Pel and they have BG.
Go Hogs Go.

Beaverfever

I don't know what the hell that guy is talking about.  Kentucky will struggle with Al and AR.

FootballHog

Wow...the dude talking about Arkansas and Alabama being easy victories...

You are freakin' 7-7.

catfanNar

Quote from: FootballHog on January 13, 2008, 07:38:42 pm

You are freakin' 7-7.
After a big win finally saturday, I still don't think we have any easy victories on the horizon. Good win today against bama.

VenturaHog

Cats fans are hard to reason with. They are to SEC BB what Bama is to SEC FB.

FootballHog

Quote from: catfanNar on January 13, 2008, 07:51:38 pm
After a big win finally saturday, I still don't think we have any easy victories on the horizon. Good win today against bama.

Thanks....huge win for Kentucky as well. Gillespie will end up being an excellent coach once he gets his own players, but I just can't stand Kentucky's arrogance sometimes. There is no reason for Kentucky to say that Arkansas will be an easy victory after they have lost to the likes of Garder-Webb and San Diego. There is also a thread on CatPause (i'm a frequent visitor ;D) saying that Kentucky will win the SEC.....and most posters are agreeing.

Anyways, good luck against Mississippi State! The SEC is always in better shape when Kentucky is winning.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: FootballHog on January 13, 2008, 07:58:55 pm
Thanks....huge win for Kentucky as well. Gillespie will end up being an excellent coach once he gets his own players, but I just can't stand Kentucky's arrogance sometimes. There is no reason for Kentucky to say that Arkansas will be an easy victory after they have lost to the likes of Garder-Webb and San Diego. There is also a thread on CatPause (i'm a frequent visitor ;D) saying that Kentucky will win the SEC.....and most posters are agreeing.

Anyways, good luck against Mississippi State! The SEC is always in better shape when Kentucky is winning.
Yeah good luck against MS..I hope they crush you..and Piss on Kentucky.
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Tigerhog14s

Ky is not going to be an easy W but I think we can handle them.
Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

hawgsav1

wow, that takes either some balls or reality-destroying arrogance by Kentucky fans to think that...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

SteveInArk

Quote from: FootballHog on January 13, 2008, 07:38:42 pm

You are freakin' 7-7.

+1
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

RedSatinHog

Quote from: HoginHouston on January 13, 2008, 07:28:44 pm
Looks like a majority of them realize Pel is a good coach and some even think he will one day be their coach (I hope they are wrong). So glad we have Pel and they have BG.

If BCG continues to bomb out OOC like he has this year, losing to Indiana, Louisville, and Houston big, you can just about count on Pel packing his bags for the Bluegrass State.  I want him to stay at UA as much as anyone, but we're kidding ourselves to think he wouldn't go home if called upon.  Let's face it, his blood flows Wildcat Blue.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Pigonometry

Quote from: catfanNar on January 13, 2008, 07:51:38 pm

Disagree with you on that one.  Since the day we joined the SEC Bama has always matched up well with us.  

LSU, South Carolina, and Gerogia will all be easier games than Bama.  that's hy we had to beat them on our home court.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

HogMavFan

So they finally win a game and they are all that. That Kentucky-Vandy game was a joke. Never seen two teams play dumber at the end of a game. Kentucky has no offense. Four guys standing around and one dribbles until he turns it over. I was encouraged after watching it. Thought Ark. and Alabama were much more talented and much better coached.

HawgG

Both Arkansas and Ketucky's adminstration wanted Coach Cal, which is the only thing both had in common with their openings.

Ouachihog

Quote from: HoginHouston on January 13, 2008, 07:28:44 pm

If he does well here, and UK ever needs a coach, he will be gone before you can say "big blue."  Not a flaw on his part, just his allegiance.  If UK ever decides that they want him, he is gone.  Plain and simple. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

chiefsfan

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 13, 2008, 07:55:10 pm
Cats fans are hard to reason with. They are to SEC BB what Bama is to SEC FB.

No joke.  I just got finished reading a bama blog about how they are going to win 10 games easy next year in football.  They predicted a 30 point win AT Tennessee

Kentucky fans finally got the win they were looking for.  Cant really blame them for being cocky.   They'll learn their lesson when MSU beats them down Tuesday
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

3kgthog

I'll go ahead and predict that the game at UK might be the best game we play all year.

PeytonManningSUCKS

They have a thread titled, "We Will Win The SEC"

haha, I like the optimism cause it sets cats fans up for another disappointment.  Like when they thought they were gonna get Donovan or Pitino as their coach, or like when Gardner Webb beat 'em.  I think I should start seeing a shrink, I take too much joy in others failures...

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=109733546&mid=109733546&sid=888&style=2

catfanNar

Quote from: Maverick Razorback on January 13, 2008, 08:52:28 pm
Yeah good luck against MS..I hope they crush you..and Piss on Kentucky.
You are a joke man!

catfanNar

Quote from: FootballHog on January 13, 2008, 07:58:55 pm

I also love this website! I am on here as much as catspause. That is why I will refrain from commenting on some of the hatred in this thread.

eathill5

Quote from: RanSolo on January 14, 2008, 12:28:00 pm
They have a thread titled, "We Will Win The SEC"

haha, I like the optimism cause it sets cats fans up for another disappointment.  Like when they thought they were gonna get Donovan or Pitino as their coach, or like when Gardner Webb beat 'em.  I think I should start seeing a shrink, I take too much joy in others failures...

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=109733546&mid=109733546&sid=888&style=2

Maybe they meant the NIT
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

eathill5

those guys are delusional.  14-2 are you serious?  Funny stuff, I am sometimes optimistic but that is a little over the top.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Bomis Hawg

I have no problem with Kentucky hoops fans.
Vandy is a tough hoops team.  But, UK usually doesn't hang their hats on beating them.

That shows you where the program is right now.  The young players they have will grow if they stay.
Next year will be a year to look out for them.  I think they are just being typical fans of a winning team.

....sometimes a little much, though.

catfanNar

Well, tubby had lost 4 straight to them so maybe thats why we are so happy. And people wonder why he is at minnesota?

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: catfanNar on January 14, 2008, 12:48:44 pm
I also love this website! I am on here as much as catspause. That is why I will refrain from commenting on some of the hatred in this thread.
:'(Hey, you know and I know the hate for KY basketball is based on your excellent tradition.  Yeah we hate y'all, not you...  We're just taking shots.  It's been a down year in transition for KY basketball, we gotta get 'em in while we can, cause we know you guys won't be down for long. 8)

wholehog92

I gotta say yes the KY basketball fans are a little over the top sometimes, but I like them that way.  It's what made our rivalry fun when we were both good.  I look forward to those days again...as long as we are getting the better end of that deal.  I have no such feelings for bama football fans.  They are delusional without the charm.  I remember sitting beside KY fans at the Bud and even some bewildered ones in the barn and none of them failed to give our guys credit for playing hard.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.