Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pick your PLAYER OF THE GAME vs Alabama.. Charles Thomas' double-double? Ervin's heroics?

Started by mathhog, January 13, 2008, 06:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Good win Hogs!  Now who was the player of the game?

Townes:  18 pts, 7-8 FG
63 (54.8%)
Thomas: 13 pts, 6-7 FTs, including game clinchers
14 (12.2%)
Ervin: 12 pts, 4-13 shooting but dramatic 6 straight points in OT
16 (13.9%)
Weems: 17pts, good steals, 7-9 FTs
21 (18.3%)
Someone else: Bev (6pts), Hill, MikeWash, Welsh, Britt
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 105

mathhog

what say you?

ap photo credit: as usual, april brown

mathhog

my choice: gary ervin player of the game in OT,
anyone except ervin in regulation :)

Smithian

Unlike Heath, Pel rides the hot hand. I can't count the time Darian Townes would be dominating a game and Heath would go away from him at winning time.

CurlyTail

My vote's for Townes, he showed up to play today. I'll give you honorable mention jerry ;)

Bomis Hawg

Darian Townes went against a fairly decent front line with a great stat line.
He also nailed critical freebies late (after starting 2/4 from the line).
Don't forget 2 steals that sparked the early run.

I think Weems is right behind him.  Nice dime to GE for the 2+1 late.

Prosciutto

Jerry started his thread 1 hour before tip-off. He kept it going, even during the extra o.t. period. Easily he is the Player Of The Game.

Congrats, and thank you.

hillhog

Hard to pick, several showed up big at different times.
I like the starting lineup coach Pel is using. When GE came in the momentum slowed. Don't see using him exclusively most of the second half.

alaback

Razor8

If the "Turn Over Machine" had taken better care of the ball in regulation he wouldn't have had to be so heroic in overtime.
With that said Townes was the man and should have had 25 or more pts - but they quit feeding him the ball.
Razorbacks

clifflee4mvp

Townes didn't miss a shot in the first half and he starts the second half on the bench, then comes in and they won't feed him! He was eating Hendrix's lunch!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

mathhog

Charles Thomas got a double-double... didn't even notice that! Good job CT!

clifflee4mvp

I don't know about you guys, but I like having to argue over who was the MVP of the game!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

PeytonManningSUCKS

Wow, Darian by a landslide, I give it to Weems and then Thomas,  Thomas had a double double and Weems had one point less than townes but also had 5 assists in 41 minutes... that's more than a regulation game.  I love his warrior mentality.

arkjay19

4 of them deserved it.  Weems played a ton of great defense on a very good player in Gee.  Townes set the pace scoring inside and got the two got the place rockin with the fast break alley oop.  Thomas had the best numbers and was playing good and hard all night.  But Ervin showed up at the end and made several big shots down the stretch in overtime.

My vote is for all 4, because without any one of them, Arkansas screws up and loses that game.

Col.Mccoy

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie