Hate him
34 (30.9%)
Love to hate him
14 (12.7%)
Hate to love him
44 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Brand X Hog Fan

He's going to give me a freakin ulcer! I hate it, but I gotta love his perseverance. He won the game for us today.

Way to hang tough Hogs!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

selfexplanatory

He has an uncanny ability to be a champ and a chump.  Nice job in the closing seconds by Gary.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Cure

Can't watch the game here in Ohio can someone sum up what he did? Thanks in advance WPS!
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Bohawg

He also drives me crazy, but he has some ability.  He just makes a lot of bad decisions, which you would hope a 5th yr SR wouldn't do.  It's becoming more apparent that Welsh is not a point guard.  Rats!

hogman1974

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 13, 2008, 06:25:13 pm
He's going to give me a freakin ulcer! I hate it, but I gotta love his perseverance. He won the game for us today.

He wouldn't have had to WIN the game for us if he first hadn't blown the game for us.  We win this game easily without his 7 missed floaters.

stronguard

He has the will and the ability to take the last shot of a game.  But he has the stupidity to put us into a situation where we need that last play to win after we have been up by 8 or so earlier.  Drives me CRAZY
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Brand X Hog Fan

Point guard is coming next year. Stephan is a 2.

Cure, Gary's usual stuff . .  crash the lane and throw up a prayer and get it swatted, fumble and bumble around, slopping dribbling, but then he drains the go ahead three in OT, makes a steal and gets the assist from Weems for the layup. He is exciting to watch but scary as Hades.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: hogman1974 on January 13, 2008, 06:31:50 pm
He wouldn't have had to WIN the game for us if he first hadn't blown the game for us.  We win this game easily without his 7 missed floaters.

exactly . . . we should just call him Maalox.

rljjr

Gary had an okay game all-in-all. Hey, PBev had an off day and GE was there to pick up the slack. Yeah, he missed some floaters in the lane, but he made em when it counted. He does play recklessly at times, but he creates alot too. Someday I hope we get another Corey Beck type PG.

razorson

He turns the ball over in critical spots but then makes a huge 3 pointer in critical spots. Gary Nerven that's my new name for him.

bythelake

Point guard is a liability on this team.  Said enough.  Compare Riley to Ervin.

Cure

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 13, 2008, 06:33:56 pm
Point guard is coming next year. Stephan is a 2.

Cure, Gary's usual stuff . .  crash the lane and throw up a prayer and get it swatted, fumble and bumble around, slopping dribbling, but then he drains the go ahead three in OT, makes a steal and gets the assist from Weems for the layup. He is exciting to watch but scary as Hades.
Thanks +1 ;)
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

mathhog

wks2112

One day pass for Ervin because he won the game at the end. Tommorow he sucks again.

RAZ FAN

Quote from: hogman1974 on January 13, 2008, 06:31:50 pm
Also would someone lend him a tape measure to show him he's not 7ft. If he would just stay out of the lane, more than half his mistakes would disappear.

MinowBucket

It's about time he makes a big play. Still his turnovers and wild play late in regulation cost us. Game never would have gone to overtime if not for GE reckless play late in the game. That being said he made up for it in overtime, good job Gary.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: RAZ FAN on January 13, 2008, 07:24:43 pm
Also would someone lend him a tape measure to show him he's not 7ft. If he would just stay out of the lane, more than half his mistakes would disappear.

Kareem Reid had the same habit of going among the trees and getting hung up. He made up for it in assists though. How many times was it a 1 on 3 break with Kareem leading it. lol!

Might as well get behind Ervin because it appears he is the best we have at this point. Britt got in for just a couple minutes and jacked up an ill-advised 3 plus had a TO I think. I'll take Gary's reckless experience over youthful impatience at this point. This team is developing a little moxie, I believe.

hawgs4packers

Can anyone say Kareem Reed??????/
WOW!!!

Hog Fan from Camden

I swear he drove the lane and tried to roll the ball to Townes.  I thru my remote on the floor after that play!

chiefsfan

Quote from: donewithdale on January 13, 2008, 07:48:01 pm
Weems continuing to miss 3s and Thomas' mental errors late didn't have anything to do with the end of regulation?

Missing a wide open 3 isnt a turnover...its bad luck

Driving in amongst the 7 footers and throwing up some crazy outlandish shot that misses is a turnover
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogsailor

The guy from Alabama that got the rebound then knocked it out won the game for us.

Plain and simple...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Gerald Gilber

Love him today! Don't care for his play most days!
Can we play all our games at home????

Hogtropolis™

He had a horrible 2nd half, but really stepped it up in OT.

He is one of those guys you want on the floor though.  Especially in a game like today.  He has experience and he has the ability to score at any moment unlike Welsh and Britt.

Hogs12

Quote from: Cure on January 13, 2008, 06:28:16 pm
Can't watch the game here in Ohio can someone sum up what he did? Thanks in advance WPS!

What city are you close to? Cincy has the SEC games on MNTV. Dayton on CW. I maybe reading it wrong but that is what it says on the raycom website.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: bythelake on January 13, 2008, 06:56:21 pm
Point guard is a liability on this team.  Said enough.  Compare Riley to Ervin.

Riley is a 6'6 Forward.

Gary Ervin is a 6'0 Guard.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: selfexplanatory on January 13, 2008, 06:26:47 pm
He has an uncanny ability to be a champ and a chump.  Nice job in the closing seconds by Gary.
+1  great discription.  His mistakes are soooo frustrating, but he brings good things to the table.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on January 13, 2008, 07:47:41 pm
Might as well get behind Ervin because it appears he is the best we have at this point. Britt got in for just a couple minutes and jacked up an ill-advised 3 plus had a TO I think. I'll take Gary's reckless experience over youthful impatience at this point. This team is developing a little moxie, I believe.
Very well put Seahawk.  +1

opineonswine

He is a complete grab bag...you never know what you're going to get.

Bama Hog™

Gary Irvin = Casey Dick
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

condohog

If you'll notice in today's paper PEL said he didn't want to label him him as the clutch or big shot guy. It just happened and we appreciate it but it doesn't mean that he will solely get the ball from now on in those situations.  I am very happy with the win. Hopefully next time we can put it away by making our free throws and locking the game. I will certainly take the W even if it was because got a good bounce of the ball. It takes those sort of things every now and then.

Corkscrew Johnson

the problem with ervin going 4-13 isn't shooting 30.7% from the floor, but the fact that he is taking 13 shots.  As a floor general with weapons like Weems, Beverly, and Townes, he should be creating shots, not taking them.

Uncle_dad

I promised my wife I would quit bashing GE one week for every free throw he hit down the stretch.  So it looks like I'll not be criticizing him for a bit!

spudhog

the kid has no memory. that can be good or bad. i have to give him props. he's won us a few games and he's not afraid to take the final shot. i love his attitude.

cardinalhawg

He may make more mistakes than Welsh at the point, but he is also going to make more plays at the point than Welsh.  Ervin is about as close to a point guard that we have, so hopefully he can put together some good games during the conference season.  He was crucial for us late in the game yesterday.