Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Say goodbye to Bruce Weber

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 05, 2005, 05:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

I don't believe he will be so prominent in public attention ever again.

He did not recruit this team, and he has never recruited such talent.  He is a Keady disciple.  He'll probably be able to coach up five nuns and win some games, but don't expect to see him around the 25-win level or better anytime soon.

Just my thought.

It may take Bill Self another year or two to change the direction of his new team.  Doesn't help him at all that Roy Williams took his fast-paced style to Chapel Hill and won a title with it.  All those Williams-coached players just sink back deeper in their conviction, believing  "Man, we got screwed in this deal."  If they don't buy into Self's system, KU isn't going anywhere till he gets a few more of his own players.

Obviously, though, Self can get players.  Just ask Bruce Weber.
[CENSORED]!

WindyCityHog

Word up here is that Dee Brown and Deron Williams are gonna declare for the draft, meaning the Illini will lose all three of their vaunted backcourt (including Luther Head).

Too bad.....I have met the guy (his brother coaches Glenbrook North....the State champion this year thanks to one Jon Scheyer who is saying he's narrowed his choices to Arizona, Illinois, Duke.....but Duke seems to be the frontrunner) and he's very personable...but you're right.....The Illini have had their shot.....and it will be awhile before they get back....You don't lose 3 guards like that and compete....IF Brown and Williams come back (I don't see it), then Illinois will be players next year.....

The best players in this state rarely go to Illinois....there are some....but Champaign just isn't a draw....

Brett Hitman Hog

I'm not sure if I agree with you or not on that.  You bring up a very interesting observation though.  All three had great players, but only two got the most out of their players.  One level of thinking says a good program with good players will breed other good players.  Maybe Weber can do it again ... maybe not you could be right.  What will be interesting to see is if Self can get his players at KU on the ball, they should have been a contender ... instead they just faded away.