Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my dad says some crazy stuff

Started by returntoglory, April 03, 2005, 08:45:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

returntoglory

i talked to my dad tonight. he called from good ole arkansas over here to italy and told me something i really didnt expect to hear. he said something to the affect that izzo might be going to the nba and that would open up a spot at heath's old stomping grounds. he said there might be a chance he goes back to old msu? i find this incredibly hard to believe seeing that his tenure here has been sub-par. my dad is a crazy old man who loves the hogs and loves telling stories. so i was just wanting the input from some knowledgable hog fans. thanks guys.

hoggerdinger

It is false.  Why on earth would MSU want to run their program into the ground? 

Amityvillehogger

cold day in hell before that happens, we're stuck with him
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Theolesnort

His dads source was Wallys April fool colunm. Score one for Walley. Gotya
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Fletch

Izzo was mentioned as a possible candidate for the Cleveland Cavaliers today during their game with the Mavericks. The reporter was talking to Cleveland's owner and mentioned Izzo, Phil Jackson and a couple of others.
I feel like $100

Fletch

I think a few teams will make an attempt to lure Izzo and Tubby  (among others) to the NBA. It happens every year. You would think the NBA would have learned by now that most successful college coaches are just mediocre in the NBA.
I feel like $100

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FletchYou would think the NBA would have learned by now that most successful college coaches are just mediocre in the NBA.

Likewise, you would think a wildly successful college coach (like Izzo or Tubby) would have learned by now that most successful college coachers are just mediocre in the NBA.

They'll learn one of these days, that if you're striking gold as far as success goes, then there's no need to stop striking it.

But I guess if babysitting overpaid, whiney 30 year olds that can't shoot a 15 foot jumper to save their life is a coach's idea of "moving up", then more power to them.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

tophawg19

can we hire PHIL JACKSON? :D :D :D we can dream i guess.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 04, 2005, 01:47:06 am
Quote from: FletchYou would think the NBA would have learned by now that most successful college coaches are just mediocre in the NBA.

Likewise, you would think a wildly successful college coach (like Izzo or Tubby) would have learned by now that most successful college coachers are just mediocre in the NBA.

They'll learn one of these days, that if you're striking gold as far as success goes, then there's no need to stop striking it.

But I guess if babysitting overpaid, whiney 30 year olds that can't shoot a 15 foot jumper to save their life is a coach's idea of "moving up", then more power to them.

I would think there would be a certain appeal to not having to deal with the NCAA, not having to travel to BFE Texas 25 times just to be rejected by some 18 year old, and to generally dealing with adults all the time.  Maybe not the most mature adults, but adults.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fletch

Except for Kobe. Hard to even call him an adult. ;D
I feel like $100

tophawg19

wHEN YOU CAN RUN OFF shaq ,FISH ,PHIL JACKSON & KARL MALONE you da man . you better be anyway
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 04, 2005, 01:47:06 am

It's all about the Bejamins (at least for some). Few colleges can pay what an NBA team will pay. Get a three to five year deal and you will be set for life. At least if you know how to hang on to it.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

return2glory

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 04, 2005, 09:39:58 am

Since we are dreaming. I say we go after Pete Carill. He is an assistant with the Kings. Probably best known for his upset of UCLA when he was with Princeton. His backdoor cutting offense was tough to prepare for because it has so many different wrinkles to it. Wonder if he could teach the guys how to get shots against the 2-3 zone?

Porquemada

Quote from: return2glory on April 04, 2005, 06:49:40 pm
Quote from: tophawg19 on April 04, 2005, 09:39:58 am

Since we are dreaming. I say we go after Pete Carill. He is an assistant with the Kings. Probably best known for his upset of UCLA when he was with Princeton. His backdoor cutting offense was tough to prepare for because it has so many different wrinkles to it. Wonder if he could teach the guys how to get shots against the 2-3 zone?
Isn't Pete about 80 years old? :D How about Rollie Massimino (sp?) or John Wooden? :D