Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you say that 6 recruits coming in

Started by bythelake, November 27, 2007, 12:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

are better than the 6 seniors leaving this year? 

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Adam Stokes

I wish we could have all 12 on a team.  We would rock.

blacksuit

I'm curious to see how good the incoming big men are. I think the two guards are pretty well know, nobody doubts that they'll be good, but there's gonna be a lot of minutes to make up in the front with Hill, Townes, and Thomas (and Hunter) gone. Hopefully Mike Washington sticks around.

RZRBack_FAN

Id say YES without a question. We dont have anybody that Can shoot like Clarke or anyone that can handle the ball like Fortson. The big men i dont know much about. Payne is Kind of a Trade for Sonny hopefully he will play with a little more Fire and passion on a consistent basis.

tolerati

Yes...and the seniors were not ranked #6 as a recruiting class....so I would say YES
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: blacksuit on November 27, 2007, 02:57:55 pm
I'm curious to see how good the incoming big men are. I think the two guards are pretty well know, nobody doubts that they'll be good, but there's gonna be a lot of minutes to make up in the front with Hill, Townes, and Thomas (and Hunter) gone. Hopefully Mike Washington sticks around.

Where's Washington gonna go?

The_Iceman

Its hard to compare because they all mostly play different positions.

hogfankb

I'm not sure how any of you can say these guys are definitively better than the group that is leaving. If these guys lived up to or down to their rating is up for debate but the only way you can compare the current players and this years class is by how they were viewed at this point in their career.

Hill 4*
Thomas 4*
Ervin 4*
Weems #1 JUCO Player
Hunter 3*
Townes 3*

Clarke 4*
Fortson 4*
Joyner 3*
Moore 3*
Payne 3* Top 5 JUCO player
Clark 3*

Sow’sEar

Quote from: hogfankb on November 27, 2007, 04:49:03 pm
I'm not sure how any of you can say these guys are definitively better than the group that is leaving. If these guys lived up to or down to their rating is up for debate but the only way you can compare the current players and this years class is by how they were viewed at this point in their career.

Hill 4*
Thomas 4*
Ervin 4*
Weems #1 JUCO Player
Hunter 3*
Townes 3*

Clarke 4*
Fortson 4*
Joyner 3*
Moore 3*
Payne 3* Top 5 JUCO player
Clark 3*
stars, shmars, this new group has to be an improvement over what we've had.  I love the guys we got, but they have been mildly disappointing.

blacksuit

The guys we have do have some talent, size, and athleticism, but they weren't coached up properly.

hogfankb

Quote from: Lulu Hog on November 27, 2007, 07:39:42 pm
stars, shmars, this new group has to be an improvement over what we've had.  I love the guys we got, but they have been mildly disappointing.

I agree. But we can't really compare the two groups on anything but stars. None of the guys we have coming in have played against D1 competition.

highdefhog

Hard not to see the #6 recruiting class being superior to almost all the classes we have had. Pel recruited an entire team. The guys we are losing are way too top heavy in the big guy category.