Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer

Started by PeytonManningSUCKS, November 27, 2007, 11:26:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PeytonManningSUCKS

November 27, 2007, 11:26:36 am Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:48:52 am by RanSolo
Ronnie Brewer has taken to his starting role well.  He's only been held under double digits one time all year (13.3 ppg) and is averaging 2.6 steals a game (2nd in the NBA).  Ordered myself a ronnie brewer t-shirt last week!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ronnie_brewer/game_by_game_stats.html

blacksuit

Yeah, I pulled up some news on him yesterday. Seems like he's really on a roll this year. Shooting lights out too.

HoggySTruman

yeah, he's doing really well....

Adam Stokes

November 27, 2007, 01:40:49 pm #3 Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:46:04 pm by ajs15razorman
When he can improve his perimeter and mid-range game expect to see him score in the 20's per game.  Right now Sloan still isn't too confident in his shooting, and Ronnie gets most of his points from FT's, steals, and making cuts to the when Boozer/Memo/AK47 have their backs to the basket and are double teamed.  Ronnie doesn't get too many draw up plays because when you have power forwards that can shoot threes and Boozer who has the best mid-range game I've ever seen for someone his size, not much is going to be drawn out for Brewer.  He is still playing excellent defense, he often finishes games only 2 or 3 fouls, and steals left and right.  In a recent game he had 3 in one quarter.  Ronnie I think will get more opportunity as the season progresses, mainly because he is beginning to outshine Gordon Giricek, the man fighting for his spot in the starting lineup.  Jazz fans here love him, and the team has great chemistry.  All the starters are also under the age of 28, so if they can keep the core together they will be VERY good in the future.

My bad, Mehmet Okur is 28, but the rest are under 27.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: ajs15razorman on November 27, 2007, 01:40:49 pm
When he can improve his perimeter and mid-range game expect to see him score in the 20's per game.  Right now Sloan still isn't too confident in his shooting, and Ronnie gets most of his points from FT's, steals, and making cuts to the when Boozer/Memo/AK47 have their backs to the basket and are double teamed.  Ronnie doesn't get too many draw up plays because when you have power forwards that can shoot threes and Boozer who has the best mid-range game I've ever seen for someone his size, not much is going to be drawn out for Brewer.  He is still playing excellent defense, he often finishes games only 2 or 3 fouls, and steals left and right.  In a recent game he had 3 in one quarter.  Ronnie I think will get more opportunity as the season progresses, mainly because he is beginning to outshine Gordon Giricek, the man fighting for his spot in the starting lineup.  Jazz fans here love him, and the team has great chemistry.  All the starters are also under the age of 28, so if they can keep the core together they will be VERY good in the future.

Thanks for the breakdown.  I haven't seen him play a game yet, but I sure am proud of his success.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: RanSolo on November 27, 2007, 01:46:30 pm
Thanks for the breakdown.  I haven't seen him play a game yet, but I sure am proud of his success.

Living in Provo it is really nice because over half the games are on TV.  Yeah back in Arkansas or on the east coast you only get to watch them when they are on ESPN or playing the local team.  I'll make sure I keep you guys more updated on how he's doing.

blacksuit

Quote from: ajs15razorman on November 27, 2007, 01:40:49 pm
Ronnie I think will get more opportunity as the season progresses, mainly because he is beginning to outshine Gordon Giricek, the man fighting for his spot in the starting lineup. 

I watched them in the playoffs last year, and Giricek was their weakest starter. He just isn't athletic enough to play the 2. Brewer is going to be a big upgrade down the line.

snoblind

I saw a couple of slams on the news the other night in Fort Smith.