Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody just want to talk about Basketball...

Started by Hogtropolis™, November 26, 2007, 08:52:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

Threads are moving so fast MMQB it's just messing me up...

Let's talk about the game Wednesday.  How many TO's do we force, how many do we commit.  Who will lead us in scoring?  Do we hold Mizzou under 65 points?  Do we score more than 75 points?  Any questions that we can come up with.

Dr Swineglove

IMO, this game is going to be up-and-down the court with both teams going flat out after each other.  The final should be in the 80's or above.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hogtropolis™

That's what I was thinking too.  I still am a little hesitant to be sure of myself on that though, because both teams play such good D.  But also, as you mentioned, both teams shoot it fairly quickly without milking the play clock.  It should be a good one, and I can't wait to go see it.

40MINSOFHELL

i imagine, this game to be the loudest this year at bud walton arena because of the pace of this game :D

kuhog

This should be an interesting game. If we can handle Missouri's press, and not commit many turnovers, we'll be fine. Both teams will run up and down the court, so expect a total of 170 total points scored. We should win this one, but turnovers are going to be what determines it.

Hogtropolis™

Here's a really good site to check out that compares us to Mizzou.  I just found it while I was looking for some stats.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/headToHeadTeamResults?statsId1=367&statsId2=19&gameId=200711280019

Hogtropolis™

Okay, let's talk turnovers.  I say we force 16 TO's and commit 20 TO's.  It looks as though Thomas and Weems have been our achillies heal as far as TO's go.  Each of them has been averaging 3+ TO's per game.  If they can take care of the rock and step up and play more consistently, then we should be able to win this game and many more.

31to6

If the scramble gets our guys flustered, it could be very bad. Our half-court defense is very good so if we can keep MU away from cheap buckets they will have trouble scoring--their half-court offense is shaky.

Stylistically, we saw this match-up many times with Nolan vs. Patino--only Patino always had superb point guards and Nolan had more size (that could nonetheless run the court) than Anderson has been able to get to MU.

Smalls vs. Bigs. Full press from both teams. Rebounds vs. Steals. Tip-ins vs. Layups.

I think this game will either be a 80-70ish Arkansas victory or a Mizzou blowout.

jrparrish

we have to dominate the paint to win this game....d towns has to have another 16 or 18 point game...thomas needs to break out and have 16 or 18 as well....hill about 8 or 10 points....big game from bev...

jrparrish

dotnet

With the type of game its going to be, I think we win if we keep the TO's below 20.  We'll force plenty to make up for it if we can keep them down.  Yes they play a tough style, but Mizzou is still a team that will end up in the bottom half of the Big12.  This is a game Arkansas should win.  I think Arkansas will win by double digits.

If not, I'm even more concerned about this year.