Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

? about players leaving for NBA and recruiting

Started by coach, my back hurts, November 23, 2007, 12:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coach, my back hurts

The debate on weather Washington and Beverly going pro is a good one.  I dont think either will, but the NBA is SOOOO terrible that anything is possible.

Here is my question.  Do coaches communicate with these players and get an idea of what they might do?  If Wash and Bevy both leave, that hurts us bad for next yr.  We are minus a guard and a big man with the current recruited players we have comming in.  I would like to think that coaches should really get a good feel for what a player might do so he can recruit a plan B.

There's been much discussion on next yrs starting lineup.  What if.....

PG Fortson
SG Clarke
SF Payne
PF Clark
PF Sanchez? or Moore?

I think Clark is more of a forward due to his ability to step out.  Sanchez and Moore are probably more like a true PF or Center, but dont have the size.

If Joyner doesnt qualify, we could be up sh!tcreek.  And what about transfers?  Who's to say all our players will be back?

Do coaches recruit, or at least, evaluate these situations?

mbgrulz

November 23, 2007, 12:57:39 pm #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:59:35 pm by mbgrulz
first of all, washington and bev are a LONG way away from being pro potential players.

bev is a 6-1 G who doesn't handle the rock very well. he shoots real nice from deep, but doesn't create his own shot most of the time.

washington has NBA size, but nowhere near NBA skills. developmentally, washington is a at least a year from being draftable.

there is no telling who is informing these kids on their draft status, but i can say with all the confidence i have that neither one of these guys could make an NBA roster for ANY team right now.

remember, there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft, and there are a lot of great collegiate freshmen and int'l players out there right now.

remember that bev will be battling guys built like james anderson (6-5) for SG spots.

Breems

Washington has yet to show the skills.

Like I said in a different post, Pbev has skills and he's a great college player, but he would struggle to be average in the NBA without more height or handles.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 23, 2007, 12:57:39 pm
first of all, washington and bev are a LONG way away from being pro potential players.

bev is a 6-1 G who doesn't handle the rock very well. he shoots real nice from deep, but doesn't create his own shot most of the time.

washington has NBA size, but nowhere near NBA skills. developmentally, washington is a at least a year from being draftable.

there is no telling who is informing these kids on their draft status, but i can say with all the confidence i have that neither one of these guys could make an NBA roster for ANY team right now.

remember, there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft, and there are a lot of great collegiate freshmen and int'l players out there right now.

remember that bev will be battling guys built like james anderson (6-5) for SG spots.

Great post! +1
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hogtropolis™

Let's hope whoever was informing Olu Famutimi of his draft status isn't informing Bev and Washington.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 23, 2007, 10:59:32 pm
Let's hope whoever was informing Olu Famutimi of his draft status isn't informing Bev and Washington.

Amen to that!  Add to it the joker who told Scotty Thurman he was ready for the league...
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

oldfart

the big influx of international players is cutting into the number of US players drafted as well....