Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

coach PEL hits home run

Started by slopinhogs, November 22, 2007, 10:25:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopinhogs

got all 6 he was after. man i can't wait to see fortson and Clarke on the floor at the same time. those two guys combined ,are averaging 67 points a game. that's not counting rakestraw and Moore getting them the ball

Washington should be back ,Beverly should be back, Sanchez will come off red shirt . Payne will be awesome and

I'm excited about our basket ball program under coach Pel

GO HOGS

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HogMavFan

Quote from: slopinhogs on November 22, 2007, 10:25:45 pm
got all 6 he was after. man i can't wait to see fortson and Clarke on the floor at the same time. those two guys combined ,are averaging 67 points a game. that's not counting rakestraw and Moore getting them the ball

Washington should be back ,Beverly should be back, Sanchez will come off red shirt . Payne will be awesome and

I'm excited about our basket ball program under coach Pel

GO HOGS

I'm thrilled too but I think Beverley will leave and go pro after this season.

hogman1974

Beverley would go undrafted if he went pro this year.  If he stays four years, he would be a nice late first round pick.  Doesn't have the size for the shooting guard in the NBA, so he needs to work on his handle over the next couple of years.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

HogMavFan

Quote from: hogman1974 on November 22, 2007, 11:08:49 pm
Beverley would go undrafted if he went pro this year.  If he stays four years, he would be a nice late first round pick.  Doesn't have the size for the shooting guard in the NBA, so he needs to work on his handle over the next couple of years.

I disagree. His production on the US 19 and under team and as Freshman of the year in the SEC, put him on their radar. With a great season this year, he could be a first round pick. I think we will be very lucky to get him back next year and I am not counting on it.

chiefsfan

Whether or not we get Beverly back this year depends on what he thinks of Pel's system.   If he comes back, it could be alot of fun next year,

Otherwise the most experienced player on our team would be gasp  Stephan Welsh...   Let us pray
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

SpareRib

Congrats to John Pelphrey.  Looks like we've got us a real recruiter!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

navyhog24

i think bev will be back. just b/c he did good on the 19 and under team doesnt mean he will cut it in the pros. he definitely has to show he can be a top pg. he will not be a 2g in the nba. he's too short. he would get totally abused in the nba as a 2g.

yocdaddy

I don't think Beverly will go pro, either.  I don't believe that there would be enough interest in him.  Even if he were to be drafted, it would be very late in the draft.  No money would be guaranteed.  As far as the draft is concerned, it is as much about potential than anything else.  Beverly just doesn't have a high enough ceiling because of his size. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HogMavFan on November 22, 2007, 10:32:33 pm

I haven't seen him on any of the draft boards yet but that can change. I saw Weems on one draft board going toward the middle end of the second round. cant remember the exact number though.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hillhog

I like Beverley, but I don't think he is ready. Too many immature decisions, lack of strength. Lots of potential but needs polish.

Mister_BS

If Pat Bev turns pro, he'll be playing somewhere in Europe, not the NBA. He needs every bit of experience -- plus improvement in several areas -- to even think about playing with the big boys.

He might be a fantastic player by his senior year. What I saw last week ... he has a long way to go.

JMO
:razorback:

The_Iceman

can someone tell beverly to take that stupid undershirt off. idk about you, but it bothers me.

Baseball Hog

not a chance thatbev goes pro after this season.  NBA doesnt really care how you perform in college, its all about size, and bev doesnt have it.  Unless his 3 point % is about 80% he DEFEINATELY wont be a first rounder at the end of this year.

blacksuit

I was excited about the first PG we landed, and now we get another one that's also a 3 pt sniper.

Breems

Sure he's great and exciting in college ball, but in the NBA he would struggle to be average.... not hating on him, he has serious skill, but needs handles or height before he hits the pros.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dr Swineglove

November 23, 2007, 10:37:58 pm #17 Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:45:48 pm by Dr Swineglove
Quote from: HogMavFan on November 22, 2007, 10:32:33 pm

He shouldn't - he's a 'tweener.  He'd be better off staying for his junior season, and learning more about point.  PBev has to learn to play point to make it in the NBA; he's a bit too slow and WAYY too short (6' 1" in a 6' 5" mans world) to be a SG in the NBA.  PBev's professional future is as a PG; without developing much improved ball handling skills, he'd wind up another Scotty Thurman - a great college bball player who couldn't make it as a pro.  I'm rooting for PBev all he way, but no way should he make the jump to the league after this year.

I don't say that as a selfish Hog fan who just wants PBev to stay for our sake - I'm openly rooting for DMac and Felix to go pro, even though that's going to leave the Fball team in trouble next year.

The player I'd worry about bolting early to the NBA will be Washington - he's an absolute stud, and fits the NBA profile to a T.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient