Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGowan to transfer...

Started by ColumbianHog, June 07, 2007, 07:14:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColumbianHog

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/192351/

No comments from Coach Pelphrey yet but his mother says there is no animosity.

Thoughts?

Bomis Hawg

Wish it didn't come to this.  Can't blame the guy, really.
He was log-jammed and was in need of redshirting his first (or even second) season.
Cyrus wasn't truly refined as far as SEC-type goes.  We'll never know if he would've.
Interesting to see that Pelphrey axed the "I want to redshirt" plan.  Guess he felt he needed bodies.

slopinhogs

no he won't be misdsed on the team except as a friend. he just got here at the wrong time and didn't have the guns to play more. best of luck to him wherever he lands.:razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hogtropolis™

Well there goes the entire 2005-2006 recruiting class.  Think would could have been had we had a productive recruiting class that year.  Best of luck to McGowen and McCurdy both.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 07, 2007, 10:52:30 am
Well there goes the entire 2005-2006 recruiting class.  Think would could have been had we had a productive recruiting class that year.  Best of luck to McGowen and McCurdy both.

Yeah, you're right.  That class should have been better considering they only had to focus attention on two guys.  The two Mc's are moving on.  Maybe we'll get a 'Mc'Donald's All-American to replace McGowan's schollie.

HawgG

Don't forget Mr. Shooter McBride was a part of the 2005 class.

Recruiting makes or break college coaches in all sports.

Like I have said many times that 2005 class was the worse signing class by any team in any sport that I can remember.

Bad recruiting classes cause Coaches their jobs and that 2005 class is what caused Stan his.

To make matters worse Arkansas was still rebuilding so it was critical to sign some talent in 2005.

All Stan got from that class was one highlight follow dunk and a halfcourt three-pointer.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: HawgG on June 07, 2007, 02:02:15 pm

Don't forget Mr. Shooter McBride was a part of the 2005 class.

Recruiting makes or break college coaches in all sports.

Like I have said many times that 2005 class was the worse signing class by any team in any sport that I can remember.

Bad recruiting classes cause Coaches their jobs and that 2005 class is what caused Stan his.

To make matters worse Arkansas was still rebuilding so it was critical to sign some talent in 2005.

All Stan got from that class was one highlight follow dunk and a halfcourt three-pointer.

Lol, +1.

Whatever happened to McBride?  I never even saw him play.

HawgG

Quote from: ColumbianHog on June 07, 2007, 03:06:45 pm
Lol, +1.

I glad you asked and what you are about to see will further illustrate the complete failure of that 2005 class.

Remember how we all were excited to sign Ryan "Scooter" McBride thinking he would be that guy that would put us over the top, well graze at these stats in horror.

Georgia State G Ryan McBride: 6.2ppg, 1.2 apg, 3.1 rpg, 35% FG, 39 for 119 shooting the three.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: HawgG on June 07, 2007, 03:23:21 pm
Quote from: ColumbianHog on June 07, 2007, 03:06:45 pm
Lol, +1.

I glad you asked and what you are about to see will further illustrate the complete failure of that 2005 class.

Remember how we all were excited to sign Ryan "Scooter" McBride thinking he would be that guy that would put us over the top, well graze at these stats in horror.

Georgia State G Ryan McBride: 6.2ppg, 1.2 apg, 3.1 rpg, 35% FG, 39 for 119 shooting the three.

It just shows that it's hard to tell when dealing with 18 year old kids.  You never know where their minds will be once they get to school.  Basketball?  Girls?  Partying? Or (heaven forbid) academics?