Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Scott Cain) Arkansas’ director of operations leaving

Started by Tomhog™, June 06, 2007, 08:21:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Another quick exit at Arkansas.  At least it's a step up for him...

link

John Pelphrey only thought he was done piecing together his staff.

The new Arkansas basketball coach is in the market for a director of operations after Matt Figger left to become an assistant coach at Kansas State, two sources said Tuesday night.

HawgAdvocate

Good for Figger. Can't blame him for wanting to be more involved.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ColumbianHog

He seems to be leaving for the right reasons.  I'm surprised Coach Pelphrey hasn't issued a statement yet.

bd93

Good for Fig.

Wonder who Pel will get to replace him?

Bomis Hawg

Gtheood for him.
Wonder if you'd see a former Hog for someone close to the area fill the need?
You've see Pelphrey make a lot of smart moves as far as his bench goes.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on June 06, 2007, 02:09:18 pm
Gtheood for him.
Wonder if you'd see a former Hog for someone close to the area fill the need?
You've see Pelphrey make a lot of smart moves as far as his bench goes.

I wouldn't think a former razorback ball player would be ideal for this kid of spot, simply because they don't get as much on-court, hands on experience. That's why Figger was leaving in the first place.

Having a former Hog wouldn't be as beneficial if we couldn't utilize him on the bench.  I wouldn't tell Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck, or Pat Bradley that they couldn't interview though.

Just my 2 cents though.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Bomis Hawg

Just a thought.
Pelphrey has made great hires.  I'll expect another.

Rooka

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on June 06, 2007, 02:24:05 pm
Just a thought.
Pelphrey has made great hires.  I'll expect another.
I expect the same.

cardinalhawg

I wonder if Pelphrey had it to do again, that he would have named Figger as an assistant, instead of the director of operations.  He was a quick hire, just shortly after Ostrom, so it is evident that Pelphrey had a lot of confidence in him.  I do not believe that Pelphrey got his top candidate for the final assistant's position, since it took him a while and he ended up going with his other assistant (Isaac Brown) at South Alabama.  However, didn't Figger fill the same role with South Alabama that he was going to fill here, or was he a regular assistant at that school?

justonefan

Quote from: Tomcat on June 06, 2007, 03:28:03 pm
I believe Figger was an ass't coach there.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that DOO here paid nearly the same as what he made as an assistant at SA

harmonyhog

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

zebra