yes
54 (78.3%)
no
15 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 68

biggesthogfanever501

bd93

I think that they will.

I know that we certainly have enough talent to.  The question is: Will we play up to our potential and do it?

slopinhogs

i sure don't want to hear this year that they just wanted it more than we did.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

hogninja

Quote from: slopinhogs on June 05, 2007, 07:57:18 pm
i sure don't want to hear this year that they just wanted it more than we did.

This is what I think Coach P brings to the table.  Will he be able to bring out the potential of this lineup?  I think he can with the help of Evans and the rest of his staff.  It takes a bit of tough to make good players bring out their best.  JMHO  :razorback:

ColumbianHog

I agree.  I think we have the talent to make it.  A lot will depend on Pelphrey's coaching ability.

I know one thing, I'm sure looking forward to finding out!

rocksalt

I think it will happen.  Pelphrey's assistants are experienced in the same type of play he plans on implementing.  They all seem to be serious about being aggressive and winning games.  The players will step up to the challenge and have a great time winning games.  I think a lot of people will be surprised.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

justonefan

I can't wait.  When does the schedule get posted?  When it does, let's have a countdown to the first tip-off. :razorback:

RedSatinHog

Not this season.  I believe we'll get past the first round, but we'll get stopped in the second round.

Lord only knows how badly I hope that I am wrong about that one.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

The_Bionic_Pig

Coach Evans always has his team playing man to man like no other teams I have ever seem.   I recall all those undersized over-achieving players at Ole Miss being one of the best defensive teams in the nation and turning 40 minutes of hell into one ugly contest.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Rooka

Here is my opinion, I know that we have the talent to do it and the experience, but without a consistant PG, I am just not sure we can make it that far again.  Also even if we dont make it to the sweet 16 I will not be totally mad or angry because all of these kids are still basically Heath's guys.  Just a new coach to coach em and install his offenses and defenses and so on. I want to wait until next year and the year after before I get way too excited.

litmachog

Yes - This is all based upon potential.  Stated potential of the coach - don't exactly know about ability yet as he hasn't coached a game yet and the potential of this team with Hill, Weems, and Beverly each having to potential to shine in the new offense.

BleedsBlue

Arkansas has the frontcourt players to easily make the sweet 16.  The question you have to ask is how mature will the backcourt be by then?  Depending upon that answer that will answer whether or not you will advance very far in the NCAAT.  If you had the Corey Beck's and the Kareem Reed's back there then I think you have a Final 4 team.  But my question mark for you guys is how far will Gary Ervin (sp?) take you and how well will Britts from Forrest City play by then.  Backcourts are critical in the Big Dance.  I do predict UA to win the SEC West and get a decent seed.  Should be a fun season to watch.  I hope I can get up to BWA and watch Pelphrey coach a few games, though it will be hard for me to see him wearing a red tie. ;D ;)

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

justonefan

I'll be happy this year if:  We don't lose at home, we win enough road games to win the West and get a buy in the SEC tournament, and we win our first game in the NCAA.

PigWig

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 07, 2007, 01:27:56 am
Here is my opinion, I know that we have the talent to do it and the experience, but without a consistant PG, I am just not sure we can make it that far again.  Also even if we dont make it to the sweet 16 I will not be totally mad or angry because all of these kids are still basically Heath's guys.  Just a new coach to coach em and install his offenses and defenses and so on. I want to wait until next year and the year after before I get way too excited.
I agree. Pelphrey has a unique system and until he has players that fit into that system I will not be too judging. I would love to see some post season W's next year though. ;)