Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Search Committee??????? Who needs YA!

Started by TRUHOG718, June 03, 2007, 03:00:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUHOG718

June 03, 2007, 03:00:05 pm Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 03:46:04 pm by TRUHOG718
I never heard any Gator message board mentioning Pelphrey as a possible hire months ago when the Donovan to the NBA rumors started flying.  It was basically Grant and that was the list. ESPN news woke me up with the news about Donovan and In my half hungover state of mind I said "WOW ILL Bet They Are Going To hire Anthony Grant..I saw this one coming"

With Grant there will be no rebuilding period.  Florida will get themselves one hell of a coach who in his first year may prove to be the best coach in the SEC. No search committe will be needed. Thats why they just won two in a row, The people sitting behind the desks making executive decisions have a clue and can care less how many years Grant has been a college head coach because if hes the right man for the job they will get him.  While Frank and the good ol boys pat each other on the back just wanting to prove they are not the the clusterf#@ks the national media makes us out to be. BUT HES A ONE YEAR COACH TRUHOG.... WELL SO WAS EVERY COACH IN HISTORY AT ONE POINT.

Sometimes it seems our AD cares more about his reputation and taking care of "His People" than the Betterment of the University. To those who know Grant turned down head coaching jobs in the past because he was comfortable being head assistant at Florida and not because he wasnt ready to be a head coach. That is an exercise in self discipline and leading by example, and why his players from the pee wee league to college rave about this guy Grant. I see it. Why does Florida see this and we could'nt?  Because Frank would rather dance with the devil than go home with an angel. Oh and this is not a shot at JP because I am very, VERY happy we got him as well.
TruhOg Out.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on June 03, 2007, 03:00:05 pm
I never heard any Gator message board mentioning Pelphrey as a possible hire months ago when the Donovan to the NBA rumors started flying.  It was basically Grant and that was the list. ESPN news woke me up with the news about Donovan and In my half hungover state of mind I said "WOW ILL Bet They Are Going To hire Anthony Grant..I saw this one coming"

With Grant there will be no rebuilding period.  Florida will get themselves one hell of a coach who in his first year may prove to be the best coach in the SEC. No search committe will be needed. Thats why they just won two in a row, The people sitting behind the desks making executive decisions have a clue and can care less how many years Grant has been a college head coach because if hes the right man for the job they will get him.  While Frank and the good ol boys pat each other on the back just wanting to prove they are not the the clusterf#@ks the national media makes us out to be. BUT HES A ONE YEAR COACH TRUHOG.... WELL SO WAS EVERY COACH IN HISTORY AT ONE POINT.

Sometimes it seems our AD cares more about his reputation and taking care of "His People" than the Betterment of the University. To those who know Grant turned down head coaching jobs in the past because he was comfortable being head assistant at Florida and not because he wasnt ready to be a head coach. That is an exercise in self discipline and leading by example, and why his players from the pee wee league to college rave about this guy Grant. I see it. Why does Florida see this and we could'nt?  Because Frank would rather dance with the devil than go home with an angel. Oh and this is not a shot at JP because I am very, VERY happy we got him as well.
TruhOg Out.

I'm sorry.  Somewhere in the middle of that rant I missed your point.  Could you please help me out?