Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Rivals.com) New Expectations Await Heath at USF

Started by Tomhog™, May 29, 2007, 08:32:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

This seems to be more in line with Heath's attitude.  Lower expectations.  I think he will do fine there.  He just didn't have the motivation to do anything more than just make the NCAAs at Arkansas...

Heath said he isn't in any hurry to win, and there doesn't appear to be heavy pressure for instant success.

"Hopefully we get there a lot sooner than what's expected," Heath said. "But nobody has said to me you have to do this in year two, year three, year four. It's a daily process of improvement.

"I can say this: We inherited a better program than what I inherited at Arkansas. I think my first year there we returned about 5 points and 5 rebounds a game. I have Kentrell Gransberry here, the leading rebounder in the Big East. I'm a little ahead of the game."

The Boar War

Bomis Hawg

Stan can write a nice ticket in Tampa.  He has a decent amount of talent.  Gransberry is good.  Solomon Bozeman shoots 88% on free throws. 

Hopefully, he can keep them competitive.  They lose two of their best, though.  Eventually, they'll rise from the bottom of the Big East under Heath.

bd93

I still think that Heath should have got another year here.

But I"m glad we got Pel.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Tomcat on May 29, 2007, 08:32:42 am

link

This seems to be more in line with Heath's attitude.  Lower expectations.  I think he will do fine there.  He just didn't have the motivation to do anything more than just make the NCAAs at Arkansas...

Heath said he isn't in any hurry to win, and there doesn't appear to be heavy pressure for instant success.

"Hopefully we get there a lot sooner than what's expected," Heath said. "But nobody has said to me you have to do this in year two, year three, year four. It's a daily process of improvement.

"I can say this: We inherited a better program than what I inherited at Arkansas. I think my first year there we returned about 5 points and 5 rebounds a game. I have Kentrell Gransberry here, the leading rebounder in the Big East. I'm a little ahead of the game."

Funny how they didn't directly quote Coach Heath saying that he isn't in a hurry to win.  However, they would be crazy to set expectations too high in his first season with that program. 

I think he'll do well in Tampa.  I look for them to upset some teams this season and pull to about a 0.500 record overall.  Next season...watch out!

The Boar War

Quote from: Tomcat on May 29, 2007, 10:33:46 am
Quote from: The Boar War on May 29, 2007, 08:47:28 am
Can't get to the story through the link.
It is linked twice to get to the story.  You have to click the link in the Library article.
Thanks.  Good read.