Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(ESPN) Panel OKs move of 3-point line to 20 feet, 9 inches

Started by Tomhog™, May 29, 2007, 08:30:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebra

We barely had any that could hit it from 19'9, I hope Pel, will get us some shooters.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: zebra on May 29, 2007, 10:10:30 am
We barely had any that could hit it from 19'9, I hope Pel, will get us some shooters.

Beverley, Welsh, Washington, and Rakestraw are definite shooters.

Ervin and Weems aren't good shooters, yet are very capable of improving before this next season starts

Britt's outside shooting is largely unknown to me.

Hunter and Thomas like to think they can knock down the trey, but need to watch video of Darnell Robinson to see it's not always the best shot to take when you've got size on your side.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ColumbianHog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 29, 2007, 10:30:01 am
Quote from: zebra on May 29, 2007, 10:10:30 am

Beverley, Welsh, Washington, and Rakestraw are definite shooters.

Ervin and Weems aren't good shooters, yet are very capable of improving before this next season starts

Britt's outside shooting is largely unknown to me.

Hunter and Thomas like to think they can knock down the trey, but need to watch video of Darnell Robinson to see it's not always the best shot to take when you've got size on your side.

Weems (0.361) and Ervin (0.370) actually shoot the three better than Welsh (0.303) and Washington (0.286) and almost as good as Beverley (0.386).  Hunter (0.333) shoots better than Washington and Welsh.  However, you're right about Thomas (0.179).

Just thought it was interesting how our perception of players (especially Ervin and Hunter) aren't always backed up by the stats.  I've been guilty of it too.

bd93

In one interveiw, Pel said that he liked the fact that they were moving the 3 point line back.  He said that it allowed his team to spread the floor more.

Lanlord

What's up with the 9 inches?  Is it like the 9/10's of a cent on gas prices?

Why not just say 21 feet?