Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean McCurdy...

Started by Foshodo, May 27, 2007, 09:07:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foshodo

I know im not saying anything new or groundbreaking but whatever...

Every team has to have its bench players, and not everyone can be a star or even backup to a star. I enjoyed having this kid on the Razorbacks and im sad he'll be leaving when once again, we'll be needing a guard to play the role he is capable of...

I hope that whatever isssues he says were there beyond playing time and coaching changes are taken care of and he has very productive years at William and Mary.

Hollywood_HOGan45

seemed like a very good kid

hope he does very very well at WM

Smithian

I remember reading the book "The Miracle of Saint Anthony."  McCurdy was a junior that year and a scout actually said regardless where he goes, he'll transfer atleast once.

Foshodo

Quote from: Smithian on May 27, 2007, 03:08:44 pm
I remember reading the book "The Miracle of Saint Anthony."  McCurdy was a junior that year and a scout actually said regardless where he goes, he'll transfer atleast once.

thats interesting... (to me at least) what was the reasoning behind that? if ya remember...

Smithian

The scout spoke about how McCurdy would realize it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

He based his decisions on nothing but school size, and we were the last major team with an offer on the table.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

As many of you know, I was big fan of his.  This wasn't for any reason other than I saw him in pre-season games and when he was on the floor year before last, he was the only true PG that played like a QB.  Stan never gave him a chance.  2 minutes here or there isn't going to let him get in the flow of the game. 

Sad it didn't work out, but I don't think he would have been a good fit for Pelphrey regardless.  I think he will make a great PG in another system if given the chance, and I think he'll be a good coach someday.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Smithian

I remember his freshman year when he'd go in, play like crap, but we'd go on huge runs. He'd put in Dontell or Ferguson who would play "better", but our run would stop.

If he was just more athletic... He lacked a God given gift, or he would have been a good one.

Bomis Hawg

McCurdy had what appeared to be a pretty good basketball IQ.  It's hard to apply that when you're not quite as athetlic as your opponents.  Still, he'll do fine at W&M.  No huge expectation or talent differential.  He probably wasn't an All-SEC guard or a future pro hoopster in the NBDL.  He is, though, a fairly decent point who should do fine on a smaller stage.

ColumbianHog

He was a decent 3PT shooter....not great but decent.  He was a true pass first PG which was good to have.  He lacked a little athletic ability on defense and got burned occasionally but wasn't terrible.  I think he'll do well at W&M...especially with the experience he gained in the SEC.

RZRBack_FAN

Im thankful for his time here. I enjoyed reading the book about his high school team that Bobby Hurleys dad coached. Very good book if you like basketball!!!

TennesseeRaz

We'll always appreciate the way he treated our boys at basketball camp.  Could that kid ever retain names!  That takes some discipline, but what an incredibly valuable life skill.

BigDave70

I will miss him and I hope he does well
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

little pigee

Good comments.  Who is going to be the point guard?
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: little pigee on May 31, 2007, 09:31:45 am

Gary Ervin.  Backed up by Britt.

The Boar War

The point will probably be run through Ervin, Welsh, or Britt.  The current theme with Pelphrey is that it doesn't matter what you've done in the past.  So hopefully the best will win out.  I've heard good things about Britt (more than likely a combo guard) but I think the odds on favorite is Ervin.  Maybe JP can get in his head and calm him down.

I'm sad to see McCurdy go.  I think he'll do well in a school like W & M where speed and athleticism is not a premium.  He was a solid point guard but just not athletic enough to make it in the SEC.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2007, 01:20:04 pm

The point will probably be run through Ervin, Welsh, or Britt.  The current theme with Pelphrey is that it doesn't matter what you've done in the past.  So hopefully the best will win out.  I've heard good things about Britt (more than likely a combo guard) but I think the odds on favorite is Ervin.  Maybe JP can get in his head and calm him down.

I'm sad to see McCurdy go.  I think he'll do well in a school like W & M where speed and athleticism is not a premium.  He was a solid point guard but just not athletic enough to make it in the SEC.

W&M is CAA, right?  Does this mean McCurdy will have to sit this season?  I think it does.

opefully I'll remember to check him out in 2008-2009.

The Boar War

quote from Columbia Hog

W&M is CAA, right?  Does this mean McCurdy will have to sit this season?  I think it does.

opefully I'll remember to check him out in 2008-2009.

Yes William and Mary are in the Colonial Athletic Association.  That is D1 and would normally require McCurdy to sit out a year.  I'm not sure if any arrangements were (or can be) made to expedite his time out of the game.

Hog Fan from Camden

I hope he does well wherever he ends up.  Once a hog always a hog.

slopinhogs

Welsh should bring it up on the point and ErvIn should come off the bench.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die