Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DeAndre Liggins (bad news)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 27, 2007, 01:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Reports are coming out that the young man may have broken his foot in the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions (AAU) in CHAPEL HILL, N.C.   Also Andre Clarke (Arkansas Hawks) is starting to makes waves in tournament play (people are talking top 100) and Colorado, Tulsa, and now add Oklahoma St & Oklahoma as offers with Tennessee (Bruce Pearl) taking a serious look along with Arkansas. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas has now also offered Terrence Joyner Genesis One (Originally from California)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jackflash

SORRY TO Hear about the kids bad luck will not stop him from getting recruited

Proud Hog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 27, 2007, 01:31:43 am
Arkansas has now also offered Terrence Joyner Genesis One (Originally from California)
Stewie,could you give us some information on Joyner?

The_Bionic_Pig

May 27, 2007, 12:05:58 pm #4 Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:07:39 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Proud Hog on May 27, 2007, 09:29:04 am

Think Clint McDaniel with handles He is currently with the AAU Squad "The M33M Magic" (which basically consist of the Genisis One roster)

He started out at Washington H.S. in Los Angeles, CA and was known for his defensive prowless (61 steals in 27 games).  4.5rbs, 4.2 asst, with 13ppg (44% from 3 point range he only attempted 26 in 27 games).  He actually had 2 block shots not bad for a 6'1 PG. (Now he is 6'3)

Here is some video Proud Hog, he is #10 CLICK ME
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bd93

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 27, 2007, 12:05:58 pm
Quote from: Proud Hog on May 27, 2007, 09:29:04 am

Think Clint McDaniel with handles He is currently with the AAU Squad "The M33M Magic" (which basically consist of the Genisis One roster)

He started out at Washington H.S. in Los Angeles, CA and was known for his defensive prowless (61 steals in 27 games).  4.5rbs, 4.2 asst, with 13ppg (44% from 3 point range he only attempted 26 in 27 games).  He actually had 2 block shots not bad for a 6'1 PG. (Now he is 6'3)

Here is some video Proud Hog, he is #10 CLICK ME

In the video he looked pretty good.  He has good passing and handles.  Just what you need in a point gaurd.

IcEwalker

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 27, 2007, 01:33:46 pm
what are our chances with him?

Honestly I think we would have to flop on Rotnei Clarke, DeAndre Liggins, Willie Warren, Kemba Walker before we give him a hard run.  The days of putting a lot of eggs into one basket are over...Coach Pel seems to like a lot of options.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Quote from: jackflash on May 27, 2007, 09:22:01 am
SORRY TO Hear about the kids bad luck will not stop him from getting recruited

No way, he is to talented.

HawgAdvocate

Here's hoping Liggins makes a full of speedy recovery. Every once in a while, a player will get hurt and certain coaches will slow their recruiting to focus on other players ala Olu Famutimi.

Maybe Pelphrey will recruit him twice as hard after this accident.

Here's to keeping hope alive.  ;)
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Bionic_Pig

Stress fracture in his foot. Expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Proud Hog

Sorry to hear that but it could have been alot worse.Hopefully he will come back better than ever and be a hog.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 27, 2007, 11:19:34 pm
Here's hoping Liggins makes a full of speedy recovery. Every once in a while, a player will get hurt and certain coaches will slow their recruiting to focus on other players ala Olu Famutimi.

oh gosh

lets hope for his sake he doesnt end up like Olu Famutimi. What a disappointment he was.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 28, 2007, 10:03:03 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 27, 2007, 11:19:34 pm

oh gosh

lets hope for his sake he doesnt end up like Olu Famutimi. What a disappointment he was.

I was thinking the same thing!  Please don't be like Olu!

HawgAdvocate

I didn't mean he'd play like Olu, I just meant perhaps coaches would focus on other guys while he's injured. Olu was a Mickey D's All-American, but never trusted his knee for whatever reason.

Brandon Rush of Kansas tore his ACL recently, and I have little doubt that his performance will falter between now and the time he declares again one final time one year from now.

As WPS stated, Deandre's injury wont keep him out nearly as long, but it will give him a lot more time to ponder his decision and show him which coaches truly want him.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Bionic_Pig

Liggin's list his final 5 as follows:  Memphis, Texas, Illinois, Kentucky and Kansas
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TX HOG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 29, 2007, 11:27:02 am
Liggin's list his final 5 as follows:  Memphis, Texas, Illinois, Kentucky and Kansas
I'm still hoping we can land Willie

Hollywood_HOGan45

poop

Jim Harris

Maybe it's good news, then, that he broke his foot. Maybe those teams will all back off and open the door for Arkansas.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: drakehog on May 29, 2007, 12:31:37 pm

Maybe it's good news, then, that he broke his foot. Maybe those teams will all back off and open the door for Arkansas.

You will have a few of those recruit another player in his position and land a commitment or two while others will slow down on the text messaging & contact all together to focus on other potential suitors...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 29, 2007, 12:52:47 pm
Quote from: drakehog on May 29, 2007, 12:31:37 pm

You will have a few of those recruit another player in his position and land a commitment or two while others will slow down on the text messaging & contact all together to focus on other potential suitors...

Remember Sanchez?  He hurt his knee, missed some AAU, etc. and the recruiting dropped off like a rock including Arkansas' to the point he was going to prep.  Right now Liggins is a big Memphis/Kansas lean and probably a bigger talent than Sanchez.  That could change.  Or a coach could say commit know, we will still take you.