Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crying fowl over Gamecock loss

Started by Big Papa Satan, May 26, 2007, 04:02:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

Fowl...heh.

Anyway, some Georgia fan thinks Arkansas cheated USC today, that we should forfeit because of a blown call, that our fanbase has no integrity, etc.

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28371

mikeb

What an idiot...not even going there

PigDaddyKane

I missed the game, what was the blown call?
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

yraciv

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 26, 2007, 04:10:37 pm
I missed the game, what was the blown call?

Diving catch by SC left field, which they said hit ground, and then he overthrew an infielder.  We ended up at 3rd!

chiefsfan

never in my life have I ever heard of anyone saying that a team should forefit a game because of a bad call.    Folks, bad calls are a part of baseball, and every sport in the world.   Baseball does not need replay, that is not how the game was meant to be played.   Leave that for football and basketball whiners who think that every call has to be right

Thats not how it was meant to work
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 04:18:07 pm
never in my life have I ever heard of anyone saying that a team should forefit a game because of a bad call.    Folks, bad calls are a part of baseball, and every sport in the world.   Baseball does not need replay, that is not how the game was meant to be played.   Leave that for football and basketball whiners who think that every call has to be right

Thats not how it was meant to work

Amen.  If you should forefit a game because of a bad call, then Indiana State and Larry Bird should have forefit that win against us in the NCAA tourney.  Then it would have been the Magic vs Superman show. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Kodiak

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 04:18:07 pm
Folks, bad calls are a part of baseball, and every sport in the world.  

Just thought it should be said again!!!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

pghoghistorian

Bad calls are a part of the game.  Last weekend against Ole Miss, the first base ump called a foul ball fair and it was at least two or three feet foul! 

msudawgs64

lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

I used to be an admin on that board, this pompous ass was banned but some other admins let him back on, now you can see why I don't admin that board anymore.

This guy is an idiot and actually threatened me on the internet.  I sent him my address and phone number and asked him what airline he wanted me to buy his ticket on to come to Dallas and see me, needless to say, he backed down.   Big talk, no action, punk. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

mikeb

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 26, 2007, 07:22:21 pm
lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

I used to be an admin on that board, this pompous ass was banned but some other admins let him back on, now you can see why I don't admin that board anymore.

This guy is an idiot and actually threatened me on the internet.  I sent him my address and phone number and asked him what airline he wanted me to buy his ticket on to come to Dallas and see me, needless to say, he backed down.   Big talk, no action, punk. 

LOL....that's how it is with message boards...people talk a big game (why) but don't back it up....fools

msudawgs64

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 07:25:14 pm
lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

LOL....that's how it is with message boards...people talk a big game (why) but don't back it up....fools

yeah...generally I just laugh it off but this guy is probably the only one I offered to buy him a plane ticket over to see how much of a Billy badass he was.  He is a tool as well.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

ilovepinebluff

lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

Do you still post on SECFanatics?

msudawgs64

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on May 26, 2007, 07:31:57 pm
lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

Do you still post on SECFanatics?

no..secrivals, we started our own board about 3 years ago.

hogman64

I guess calling Forsythe out on a pitch a foot outside was a GOOD call.........

mikeb

Quote from: hogman64 on May 26, 2007, 07:54:24 pm

I didn't think that was a called out pitch, but I was thinking the same thing

hogman64

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 07:56:48 pm

yea  that was a called strike 3.....he also called Tschep out on a ball that was obviously very high and not a strike.........I thought his ball and strike calling was very inconsistent for both sides........He did a bad job IMO.

mikeb

Quote from: hogman64 on May 26, 2007, 08:00:30 pm

yea  that was a called strike 3.....he also called Tschep out on a ball that was obviously very high and not a strike.........I thought his ball and strike calling was very inconsistent for both sides........He did a bad job IMO.

That's been the case with us and the men in Blue for sometime now  >:(

It's getting old

Bomis Hawg

lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

This guy is an idiot and actually threatened me on the internet.  I sent him my address and phone number and asked him what airline he wanted me to buy his ticket on to come to Dallas and see me, needless to say, he backed down.   Big talk, no action, punk. 

If it is who I think it is, I agree to that (they charge on that site now, it seems).
All talk, nothing to back it up.

Kevin

just to let everyone know the umpire on third was the same ump the ran dvh in the first inning vs LSU
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

T2 RZB

I felt a twinge of guilt about the obvious missed call until the inning that South Carolina scored a run on that double play attempt when the throw beat the runner by a hair and he was called safe.  The inning would have been over at that point and we would have worked out of a bases loaded jam with no outs.  I figure we were even.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 07:25:14 pm
lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

Everyone is a tough guy on the keyboard.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

chiefsfan

lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

This guy is an idiot and actually threatened me on the internet.  I sent him my address and phone number and asked him what airline he wanted me to buy his ticket on to come to Dallas and see me, needless to say, he backed down.   Big talk, no action, punk. 

dawg stud's reputation preceeds him I see.  Im a moderator on a site that he posts on a decent amound.  Guy certainly has high morals, Ill give him that.  But he is a fan of everyone.  on our site he claims himself as a razorback fan and georgia fan, and his sig pic is a picture of the same kid with darren micfadden.    He changes his fandom game by game it seems...now he's taking up for SC because Smoak took a picture with his kid

nice guy, but he screams bandwagon
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

javajockey

Can you use the word asinine on here?

dacskc

Quote from: T2 RZB on May 26, 2007, 09:46:43 pm
I felt a twinge of guilt about the obvious missed call until the inning that South Carolina scored a run on that double play attempt when the throw beat the runner by a hair and he was called safe.  The inning would have been over at that point and we would have worked out of a bases loaded jam with no outs.  I figure we were even.

SC got every close call after that blown call in left field, I guess as a make-up attempt. That call on Forsythe, the catcher was set up directly behind the left hander's batter's box, he didn't even attempt to bring the mitt back over the plate (prob cause it was a foot and a half outside). I was thinking before the delivery that Disher was so far out there that Logan could see him without even turning. I was laughing, thinking, "You idiot there's no way he swings at this." (Didn't matter) The strike zone was mystifying. Breaking balls over the plate, at the knees, he just stood there and looked at. Balls a foot outside were strikes. I really hope these Umps have to attend some sort of remedial school after they're graded.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 10:15:06 pm
lol, ah yes, dawgstud..

dawg stud's reputation preceeds him I see.  Im a moderator on a site that he posts on a decent amound.  Guy certainly has high morals, Ill give him that.  But he is a fan of everyone.  on our site he claims himself as a razorback fan and georgia fan, and his sig pic is a picture of the same kid with darren micfadden.    He changes his fandom game by game it seems...now he's taking up for SC because Smoak took a picture with his kid

nice guy, but he screams bandwagon

Ive also seen his kid having pictures with different athletes. Dudes got connections.

Big Papa Satan

Wasn't dawgstud the guy with the foto of Bill Frist photoshopped with a Nazi armband on? 

Ouachihog

So should SC forfeit the "inadvertent whistle" football game from a few years back?
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogman64 on May 26, 2007, 08:00:30 pm

His strike zone was quite inconsistent.
Go away, batin'

STRILE

"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

STRILE

When they scored their second run, we didn't get the back half of the double play, but should have.  He was clearly out. 
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

STRILE

Their actually pretty reasonable over there.  A lot of guys giving the hogs their due.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 26, 2007, 11:28:15 pm
Wasn't dawgstud the guy with the foto of Bill Frist photoshopped with a Nazi armband on? 

Yep

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 27, 2007, 09:33:53 am
So should SC forfeit the "inadvertent whistle" football game from a few years back?

WHY did you have to bring that game up!! That season was full of close games and unlucky calls.

Ouachihog

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on May 27, 2007, 11:40:53 am
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 27, 2007, 09:33:53 am

WHY did you have to bring that game up!! That season was full of close games and unlucky calls.

No joke.  Whenever someone brings up our "gust of wind" at vandy I just roll my eyes b/c crap like that has gone against us many many times before.  We were certainly due. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

HogChic14

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 26, 2007, 04:02:26 pm
Fowl...heh.

Anyway, some Georgia fan thinks Arkansas cheated USC today, that we should forfeit because of a blown call, that our fanbase has no integrity, etc.

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28371

Good teams overcome bad calls.  SC didn't.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant