Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas athletics is about to reach a first in SEC history

Started by hogfan064, May 25, 2007, 08:46:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grande Puerco

Quote from: BirminghamBill on May 25, 2007, 01:07:36 pm
I liked someone else's earlier point that we made it to, 10 win football, 20 win basketball & 40 win baseball.  Pretty impressive!

Even better... a BCS win, elite 8 appearance and CWS title though!

Texas is the only other 10-20-40 school in the country.

hawgaramus

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 02:11:52 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 02:04:49 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 01:48:59 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 01:43:46 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 01:36:13 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 01:22:26 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 12:18:39 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 12:04:13 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 10:45:57 am
Quote from: Hawglover1988 on May 25, 2007, 10:07:11 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 09:46:14 am
Quote from: nutted on May 25, 2007, 09:28:17 am
Don't you know that 'getting there' is what it's all about....actually winning one of these games....that's just crazy talk.....it's 'getting there' that counts!

yeah "that wasnt Auburn or LSU in that SEC title game, that was Arkansas" - houston nutt

LSU just made it to the BCS and whipped ND but we were in the SEC title game.

Apparantly getting there is a whole lot better than what 10 other teams in the conference have failed to do.

i'll take LSUs accomplishments last year over our accomplishments ANY day of the week.

So what you are saying is you would rather go to a BCS bowl then play in the SEC championship game.  That makes no sense to me.

The #1 goal of every team in the conference should be to play in, and win, the SEC Championship game.  We were one of two teams that accomplished that.  Florida is the only team to accomplish both, but you can only have one winner.  Every hog fan wishes we had won the game, but I would much rather play in the game and lose, then to not have the chance to play in it at all.

spoken like a true nutt homer.

you have got to be kidding me
LSU only finished in the top 5 and raped ND into oblivion on national TV in a BCS bowl game. BCS must be a foreign language to nutt and his folk.

LSU also beat us at a place where we were supposed to be unstoppable.
boy i sure wish we could get to that title game, crap out, and then lose in a non BCS bowl every year. That should be the goal of every team.

getting to the title game is not that big of an accomplishment. Just ask Colorado

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board in a long time.  First, I'm not a Nutt homer.  Second, you can't win the SEC Championship if you don't play in the SEC Championship game, so it is a big deal to play in the game.  If you can't understand that its more important to play for the conference championship then it is to play in a meaningless BCS game (there was nothing on the line in that game), then I can't help you.

I just wonder how many people would be on the board right now whining about "not even winning the west" if we hadn't.  Amazing how the benchmark keeps changing everytime something is accomplished.

so you are saying you would rather get to the title game and crap out than beat down a program like Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl and finish in the top 5.

that makes sense
getting to the BCS is just like getting to the CWS or the Final Four in basketball.

I'll say it again
Getting to the conference title game and losing is not that big of an accomplishment.

I figured you were a nutt homer since only nutt homers think getting to the championship game and losing is a bigger accomplishment than beating down Notre Dame in the Sugar bowl and finishing in the top 5

Its not getting to the championship and losing that's the big deal.  It's having the opportunity to play for the championship in the first place.  I would rather have the opportunity to play for the conference championship than play in a bowl game where there IS NOTHING ON THE LINE.  You play football to play for championships.  We did.  LSU didn't.  It's not that hard to figure out.

I love how everybody want to say that the BCS is garbage, but then want to give a bowl game more weight just because it has the BCS tag.  There's only one bowl game that has any real meaning and that's the championship game. 

we all want a playoff but getting to the BCS is a big accomplishment.
LSU got a bunch of great pub off that win in a BIG BCS bowl game. They raped Notre Dame and finished in the top 5 by the way.

You sure you are not a nutt homer?
Only a nutt homer would water down a BCS bowl game.
Yeah thats the reason we never make it to BCS bowls. Why go to the BCS when we could go to dallas and shreveport where all our fans can watch us? We should all thank nutt for sparing us meaningless BCS bowls all these years.

Who wants to be in the BCS when we could choke in Atlanta baby!!!

Okay, when did I say that going to Shreveport or Dallas is better than going to a BCS bowl?  That's generally a sign of a weak argument, or lack of intelligence, when you can't debate something with somebody without putting words in their mouth.

Anybody with common sense understands that a championship game is more meaningful then a bowl game where there is nothing on the line.  Priorities for season should be finish #1 in the West, win the SEC Championship game, and THEN in a BCS bowl.  Again, if you can't figure this out, then I can't help you. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out how a HOG FAN can in good conscience sit there and belittle, and that IS what you are doing, an accomplishment that the TEAM had last season.

Sure they had a solid season. Not going to argue that. They had a good season but it could have been better if we had a different coach.

But not as good as LSU's season.
If you cannot figure out that getting to a BCS bowl game and destroying the opponent is better than just getting to a conference title game, then i just cannot help you.

I just cannot figure out how any fan of college football would think that winning a HUGE BCS game is not as big of an accomplishment as just getting to the conference championship game.

The Dallas-Shreveport comment was just me poking fun at nutt people.

Again, I don't understand how you can sit there and belittle what the team accomplished.  Go tell D-Mac, Monk, Jones, or any other player that all they did last season was "just get to the conference title game."  You can't win the SEC Championship game if you don't "just get to the conference title game."

Both sides of this argument really make me sick.  Both huggers and darksiders are willing to throw the team and individual players under the bus to defend their side.  You want Nutt gone, and that's fine because so do I.  The difference between you and me is I'm not going to sit here and talk down the team out of fear that Nutt might get credit for something.

rzrbckfan426

I thought this was about baseball........my mistake.......And i thought that this was a double elimination tournament which means that florida is still in it and has a chance to fight their way through the losers bracket to play in the championship game

311Hog

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 02:18:27 pm
Don't you know that 'getting there' is what it's all about....actually winning one of these games....that's just crazy talk.....it's 'getting there' that counts!

yeah "that wasnt Auburn or LSU in that SEC title game, that was Arkansas" - houston nutt

Apparantly getting there is a whole lot better than what 10 other teams in the conference have failed to do.

i'll take LSUs accomplishments last year over our accomplishments ANY day of the week.

So what you are saying is you would rather go to a BCS bowl then play in the SEC championship game.  That makes no sense to me.

The #1 goal of every team in the conference should be to play in, and win, the SEC Championship game.  We were one of two teams that accomplished that.  Florida is the only team to accomplish both, but you can only have one winner.  Every hog fan wishes we had won the game, but I would much rather play in the game and lose, then to not have the chance to play in it at all.

LSU only finished in the top 5 and raped ND into oblivion on national TV in a BCS bowl game. BCS must be a foreign language to nutt and his folk.

boy i sure wish we could get to that title game, crap out, and then lose in a non BCS bowl every year. That should be the goal of every team.

getting to the title game is not that big of an accomplishment. Just ask Colorado

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board in a long time.  First, I'm not a Nutt homer.  Second, you can't win the SEC Championship if you don't play in the SEC Championship game, so it is a big deal to play in the game.  If you can't understand that its more important to play for the conference championship then it is to play in a meaningless BCS game (there was nothing on the line in that game), then I can't help you.

I just wonder how many people would be on the board right now whining about "not even winning the west" if we hadn't.  Amazing how the benchmark keeps changing everytime something is accomplished.

so you are saying you would rather get to the title game and crap out than beat down a program like Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl and finish in the top 5.

that makes sense
getting to the BCS is just like getting to the CWS or the Final Four in basketball.

I'll say it again
Getting to the conference title game and losing is not that big of an accomplishment.

I figured you were a nutt homer since only nutt homers think getting to the championship game and losing is a bigger accomplishment than beating down Notre Dame in the Sugar bowl and finishing in the top 5

Its not getting to the championship and losing that's the big deal.  It's having the opportunity to play for the championship in the first place.  I would rather have the opportunity to play for the conference championship than play in a bowl game where there IS NOTHING ON THE LINE.  You play football to play for championships.  We did.  LSU didn't.  It's not that hard to figure out.

I love how everybody want to say that the BCS is garbage, but then want to give a bowl game more weight just because it has the BCS tag.  There's only one bowl game that has any real meaning and that's the championship game. 

LSU got a bunch of great pub off that win in a BIG BCS bowl game. They raped Notre Dame and finished in the top 5 by the way.

Yeah thats the reason we never make it to BCS bowls. Why go to the BCS when we could go to dallas and shreveport where all our fans can watch us? We should all thank nutt for sparing us meaningless BCS bowls all these years.

Okay, when did I say that going to Shreveport or Dallas is better than going to a BCS bowl?  That's generally a sign of a weak argument, or lack of intelligence, when you can't debate something with somebody without putting words in their mouth.

Anybody with common sense understands that a championship game is more meaningful then a bowl game where there is nothing on the line.  Priorities for season should be finish #1 in the West, win the SEC Championship game, and THEN in a BCS bowl.  Again, if you can't figure this out, then I can't help you. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out how a HOG FAN can in good conscience sit there and belittle, and that IS what you are doing, an accomplishment that the TEAM had last season.

Sure they had a solid season. Not going to argue that. They had a good season but it could have been better if we had a different coach.

If you cannot figure out that getting to a BCS bowl game and destroying the opponent is better than just getting to a conference title game, then i just cannot help you.

I just cannot figure out how any fan of college football would think that winning a HUGE BCS game is not as big of an accomplishment as just getting to the conference championship game.

Again, I don't understand how you can sit there and belittle what the team accomplished.  Go tell D-Mac, Monk, Jones, or any other player that all they did last season was "just get to the conference title game."  You can't win the SEC Championship game if you don't "just get to the conference title game."

Both sides of this argument really make me sick.  Both huggers and darksiders are willing to throw the team and individual players under the bus to defend their side.  You want Nutt gone, and that's fine because so do I.  The difference between you and me is I'm not going to sit here and talk down the team out of fear that Nutt might get credit for something.

Key thing you are missing, the first time we got to the SECCG people were like "OMG ITS GREAT" the next time we "got there" it was still great, but a little less of a "feat", now we just completed trip there number 3, returned home yet again the loser so pardon a few people arent "boucing around" about still not "getting better".

Hollywood_HOGan45

that makes sense

I'll say it again

I am not "belittling the team" because nutt might be getting credit.

You are not understanding what Im saying.
YOu are stating that Arkansas had a bigger accomplishment than LSU. I am disagreeing. I think LSU had a better season than we did.

Just how is that "belittling the team"?

We could have put ourselves in position for a championship and we didnt. Those are just facts.

Hamlin6

Its all nutt's fault if we lose fire nutt!!!!!!!  blah blah blah  Gus wouldn't have let us lose the baseball championship!!!!!!

missionaryhog

Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2007, 12:08:07 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 25, 2007, 12:03:24 pm
Quote from: abostian on May 25, 2007, 09:53:30 am
Lol.  Hope we don't lose to Florida again...

Not possible to lose to florida in the title game, or even play them in it for that matter.

Umm isnt Florida and USC playing to determine who our opponent is? so i think it is possible for them to play us.

Umm, yes, but umm, not in the championship game.
"...how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

hawgaramus

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 02:22:44 pm

that makes sense

I'll say it again

YOu are stating that Arkansas had a bigger accomplishment than LSU. I am disagreeing. I think LSU had a better season than we did.

We could have put ourselves in position for a championship and we didnt. Those are just facts.

Didn't you say that all we did was "just get to the conference championship game?" and that it wasn't that big of a deal?  How is that not belittling? 

I guarantee that if we didn't "just get to the conference championship game" that you would be on here complaining about not getting to play in the game.  Just like before the season everybody was complaining about not having a 10 win season under Nutt.  Now that we did, it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2007, 02:20:43 pm

that makes sense

I'll say it again

Key thing you are missing, the first time we got to the SECCG people were like "OMG ITS GREAT" the next time we "got there" it was still great, but a little less of a "feat", now we just completed trip there number 3, returned home yet again the loser so pardon a few people arent "boucing around" about still not "getting better".

exactly
we should be in a position where winning the division doesnt mean that much.
We've won the division before, it was cool winning it again but eventually you want to take that next step and bring the big one home.

When nutt first got here, he assured us that 10 years down the road division championships would not mean that much. "National championship, SEC championship"

You dont see Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Texas, oklahoma, nebraska bragging on national tv about division titles

roothog

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on May 25, 2007, 02:20:09 pm
I thought this was about baseball........my mistake.......And i thought that this was a double elimination tournament which means that florida is still in it and has a chance to fight their way through the losers bracket to play in the championship game

They are in the same side of the bracket as we are, therfore we cannot face them in the finals.
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIIEEE

Hollywood_HOGan45

May 25, 2007, 02:31:26 pm #60 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:33:09 pm by Hollywood_HOGan45
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 02:28:09 pm

that makes sense

I'll say it again

Didn't you say that all we did was "just get to the conference championship game?" and that it wasn't that big of a deal?  How is that not belittling? 

I guarantee that if we didn't "just get to the conference championship game" that you would be on here complaining about not getting to play in the game.  Just like before the season everybody was complaining about not having a 10 win season under Nutt.  Now that we did, it's not that big of a deal anymore.

chill out
I even said myself that we had a solid season.
Yeah i said it could have easily been better but there is no doubt we had a solid top 15 season last season because of Dmc, Anderson, and Felix.

Sounds like you are the one trying to put words in people's mouth

but the truth of the matter is, they dont give those big trophies to the loser of the conference championship game. Oops i said loser, i guess i should have said the team that "came up just short" or i would be "belitting" the team.

cmc3030

Quote from: Hawglover1988 on May 25, 2007, 10:05:39 am
Quote from: EastexHawg on May 25, 2007, 08:59:37 am
Considering Dave Van Horn's baseball Hogs are the only program among the three to have advanced to the equivalent of a BCS bowl or Elite Eight within the last dozen years (College World Series three years ago), I am more optimistic regarding the baseball team's ultimate fate than I was as the football and basketball teams approached their SEC title attempts.

The fact that Dave Van Horn is a competent and accomplished head coach is the most important reason for my optimism.

Man, some of you people must have horrible lives to constantly have such a negative outlook on life.  If you revel in such disdain and hate for something as trivial as sports, you must really have problems in real life.
your right. some people just read messages boards all day.

hawgaramus

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 02:31:26 pm

that makes sense

I'll say it again

chill out
Yeah i said it could have easily been better but there is no doubt we had a solid top 15 season last season because of Dmc, Anderson, and Felix.

but the truth of the matter is, they dont give those big trophies to the loser of the conference championship game. Oops i said loser, i guess i should have said the team that "came up just short" or i would be "belitting" the team.

So you didn't say that it wasn't a big deal or call it "just getting to the championship game?"  Sorry, my bad then.  You're a model of support for the team....

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 25, 2007, 02:43:37 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 25, 2007, 02:31:26 pm

that makes sense

I'll say it again

chill out

So you didn't say that it wasn't a big deal or call it "just getting to the championship game?"  Sorry, my bad then.  You're a model of support for the team....

you're dang right
Been to all the fayetteville games since 1993 and plan to go to all the fay games this year.

fire nutt and

go hogs

arkfanchip

go hogues

soooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PulledPork

Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2007, 01:42:14 pm
Especially when you drop a game to LSU at home, and LSU goes on to have a better over all record, and a big time bowl win.

I would trade seasons with LSU in a heartbeat, they are the true number 2 team in the SEC this past year behind Florida.
I bet they would trade it all for a SECCG birth!! <dripping sarcasm>

Pulled out...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: PulledPork on May 25, 2007, 03:41:03 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2007, 01:42:14 pm
Especially when you drop a game to LSU at home, and LSU goes on to have a better over all record, and a big time bowl win.

I would trade seasons with LSU in a heartbeat, they are the true number 2 team in the SEC this past year behind Florida.
I bet they would trade it all for a SECCG birth!! <dripping sarcasm>

Pulled out...

if they could have won that western division they would have had a much better season.

everyone knows winning the division is much better than winning a BCS bowl game.

Sanctified Swine

Florida is the only team I would have traded this years results with. In the big 3 of football, hoops and baseball, we were clearly one of the top 2 SEC programs.

GO HOGS

TX SUX

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 25, 2007, 08:46:06 am
With a win Saturday the Hogs will become the first athletic program to appear in the SEC Championship game for football, basketball, and baseball. 

How could this be?  Our coaches suck, our talent isn't up to par in the SEC, our administration ran off our best players and our donations are down for the Razorback foundation..  This proves all the darksider right..  We are a few levels below Vandy and MSU, somebody just forgot to tell our athletes..  How dare they make it to a championship game..

GO HOGS!!!!

hog_fan

hog_fan

Quote from: TX SUX on May 25, 2007, 05:49:47 pm
With a win Saturday the Hogs will become the first athletic program to appear in the SEC Championship game for football, basketball, and baseball. 

How could this be?  Our coaches suck, our talent isn't up to par in the SEC, our administration ran off our best players and our donations are down for the Razorback foundation..  This proves all the darksider right..  We are a few levels below Vandy and MSU, somebody just forgot to tell our athletes..  How dare they make it to a championship game..

GO HOGS!!!!
Only nutt blows.

ilovepinebluff

Gosh, that Frank Broyles guy sure is a horrible AD.

870hogg

I hate to be a negative person...BUT we didn't win the western div. in all 3.  Miss St. technically won the Western Div. in Basketball.

(a little toungue in cheek)

hogfan064

Quote from: 311Hog on May 25, 2007, 12:08:07 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 25, 2007, 12:03:24 pm
Quote from: abostian on May 25, 2007, 09:53:30 am
Lol.  Hope we don't lose to Florida again...

Not possible to lose to florida in the title game, or even play them in it for that matter.

Umm isnt Florida and USC playing to determine who our opponent is? so i think it is possible for them to play us.

You obviously don't follow baseball. 

hogfan064

Quote from: 870hogg on May 25, 2007, 06:22:28 pm
I hate to be a negative person...BUT we didn't win the western div. in all 3.  Miss St. technically won the Western Div. in Basketball.

(a little toungue in cheek)

Noone said we did.  I said we would be the first to be in the SECCG in those 3 sports. 

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Boner on May 25, 2007, 08:55:18 am
Nooooo.  Everyone knows our athletic department is in shambles!  Thank god those kids** just overcame all the poor coaches and administrators we have.

**kids: noun, plural - players for a collegiate sport who were not good recruits, but turned out to be good players.  Most likely reason they attended Arkansas was either pure luck, or an overwhelming desire to attend the U of A despite having to no faith in the coaching staff.  In some cases, the reruit attended under the assumption the coach would be fired within one calendar year.

This only proves one thing....children should be seen and not heard.  Derailing a thread is immature, no matter what your beliefs are. 

hawaiianhogster

gomersnerd

the way the SEC is formatted you can suck and still make the championship game. The strongest team in the west could play a tougher schedule than weaker teams and have a worse record than a mediocre one. Like 2006 when LSU played Fl in the regular season and the piggies played the gators in Atlanta.Although they both lost it looked better for the porkers..
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

gomersnerd

It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

gomersnerd

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on May 25, 2007, 05:33:16 pm
Florida is the only team I would have traded this years results with. In the big 3 of football, hoops and baseball, we were clearly one of the top 2 SEC programs.

GO HOGS

Crack kills. Put down that pipe while you still can.

Purple Tiger

[/quote

Now if you could just get more kids from Arkansas on your teams. One starter from Arkansas in starting line up of baseball team.. Ten total on roster.

AFWarrior83

I thought Frank Broyles didn't know what he was doing...
Hogville member since 2005.

STRILE

This is a little misleading but I'll take it.  Not sure we're the juggernaut it makes us out to be but it's a nice feather in the cap.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

STRILE

We are o fer in these games.  And if you look at the total number of championship games versus how many we have played in we are middle of the road at best.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

311Hog

first program to lose the SECCG in three different sports in the same year, sigh

GBPackerFan

I would still rather make it to the SEC championship and lose (no less to the National Champs in football and basketball...and the #1 nationally ranked team in baseball) than never making it there.  I am sure I will get slammed for saying this, but seriously...how can you be that upset that we keep losing to the National Champions in our conference championship?  Obviously I would rather win them, but it isn't as depressing as some people make it out to be.

311Hog

Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 29, 2007, 10:11:05 am
I would still rather make it to the SEC championship and lose (no less to the National Champs in football and basketball...and the #1 nationally ranked team in baseball) than never making it there.  I am sure I will get slammed for saying this, but seriously...how can you be that upset that we keep losing to the National Champions in our conference championship?  Obviously I would rather win them, but it isn't as depressing as some people make it out to be.

Umm last time i checked we were ranked number #7 nationally, and since when is Vanderbilt the national champions?

It is depressing to me that "choking" is spreading like a disease infecting our entire Athletic Dept. sure getting there is great and is better then not getting there, but life is nothing but a series of opportunities to either shine or choke, and we are racking up an amazing number of chokes.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: 311Hog on May 29, 2007, 10:18:35 am

Umm last time i checked we were ranked number #7 nationally, and since when is Vanderbilt the national champions?

It is depressing to me that "choking" is spreading like a disease infecting our entire Athletic Dept. sure getting there is great and is better then not getting there, but life is nothing but a series of opportunities to either shine or choke, and we are racking up an amazing number of chokes.
I never said that Vandy was the Nat'l Champs...I said that they are ranked #1.  Once again, I am not jumping up and down for joy just b/c we made it to all of these conference championship games.  I am just saying that at least we are losing to the best teams in the nation when we are doing it.  We aren't losing to SE Louisiana State or whomever...we are losing to the best teams out there.  And I am not taking a loser's attitude on this.  I would obviously much rather want to win these games and wish that we would always expect to go into these games and win.  I am just pointing out the brightside of what we are accomplishing.

311Hog

Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 29, 2007, 11:02:23 am

I never said that Vandy was the Nat'l Champs...I said that they are ranked #1.  Once again, I am not jumping up and down for joy just b/c we made it to all of these conference championship games.  I am just saying that at least we are losing to the best teams in the nation when we are doing it.  We aren't losing to SE Louisiana State or whomever...we are losing to the best teams out there.  And I am not taking a loser's attitude on this.  I would obviously much rather want to win these games and wish that we would always expect to go into these games and win.  I am just pointing out the brightside of what we are accomplishing.

I understand i guess i am just a bit more stung by the baseball loss considering i looked at that team differently then i do the football/basketball teams.

The football and basketball teams sort of "snuck" into the SECCG, so when they lost i wasnt surpised at all, the baseball team however i expected to win.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: 311Hog on May 29, 2007, 11:04:28 am
Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 29, 2007, 11:02:23 am

I understand i guess i am just a bit more stung by the baseball loss considering i looked at that team differently then i do the football/basketball teams.

The football and basketball teams sort of "snuck" into the SECCG, so when they lost i wasnt surpised at all, the baseball team however i expected to win.
Fair enough...I see what you are saying.

Nashville Fan

Don't forget about outdoor track. AR had the lead going into the final day... and finished third.

So............

a record breaking year of "close but no cigar" for Arkansas Mens Athletics.

0-4 football, basketball, baseball, and track & field.
Pittman or Bust!

monty hawg

What does Ohio State and Arkansas have in common?

The Official Writing Insturment of both great institutions is.........

#2 pencil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!