Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(ESPN) Rolle gets release, will transfer from LSU

Started by Tomhog™, May 25, 2007, 08:19:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

Definitely not a good timed transfer.  Late signing period is over.  They will be a player short for the next year...

Sophomore forward Magnum Rolle is leaving the LSU men's basketball program, the university announced Wednesday.

The 6-foot-10 native of Freeport, Bahamas, asked for a release after two seasons with the Tigers

Foshodo

he screwed over brady... he's my favorite Non-Razorback of the year!

zebra

It is not suprise that somebody got fed up with John Brady.

mbgrulz

i don't think we need him, but dang he is good. i hope he leaves the SEC.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: mbgrulz on May 25, 2007, 10:31:06 am
i don't think we need him, but dang he is good. i hope he leaves the SEC.

Well, if he decides that he wants to play for the Hogs, I say let him.  Whether we're deep there or not.  Doesn't hurt to have another stud on the team.

j-flem

Yea i say if he wants to come here let him. It will help for nexted year when we have alot of players leving and you have him come in this year and by nexted year he knows the plays and will help out with the new players.. that is what i think..

The Boar War

BleedsBlue

Quote from: The Boar War on May 25, 2007, 04:42:12 pm
Any solid rumors on where he might go? 

Someone will pick him up this summer.  You don't need a LOI, just signed scholly papers.  He would have to sit a year for D1 teams.  However, word is he is a head case.  Not sure teams want that baggage.

bd93

BleedsBlue

Quote from: bd93 on May 25, 2007, 07:08:28 pm
I wouldn't mind having this kid.

Under the right coach he might do well. Pelphrey might be the kind of coach that could turn such a talent around.  Not sure the relationship he had with Brady.  It would be interesting to hear him say why he left.

bd93

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 25, 2007, 09:05:15 pm

Under the right coach he might do well. Pelphrey might be the kind of coach that could turn such a talent around.  Not sure the relationship he had with Brady.  It would be interesting to hear him say why he left.

I think that Brady is alot like Nutt. Everyone hates him.  So if he finds a coach he likes,(maybe pel?) he will bust out.  But who knows with kids.

oldfart

yea he will have to sit out a year, and having two years left will help to "smooth out" the transition of having so many schollies to fill. only trouble is, we dont have any to offer him unless some other current player departs, do we? 

Bomis Hawg

Probably a small school around Louisiana or a CUSA team.
Has some talent.  Did fairly well against SEC teams.

Tone

Quote from: bd93 on May 25, 2007, 09:31:26 pm
Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 25, 2007, 09:05:15 pm

I think that Brady is alot like Nutt. Everyone hates him.  So if he finds a coach he likes,(maybe pel?) he will bust out.  But who knows with kids.

You are right and a little wrong.  Brady is a polarizing figure much like Nutt.  Therefore some will hate while others will like him.  You have fans on both sides.

Last year Brady wanted Rolle to fill the Tyrus Thomas void, yet it did not work out. 

I am headed to Baton Rouge on Sunday to spend a week at one of Brady's Camps, I will ask why he left.  Brady usually will tell you if it comes up in conversation.  At least he was very honest and open last year.

Uncertain about the head case thing.  I met Magnum last summer and he was a great kid.  Brady would talk about his potential, yet I know there was dissapointment in his ability to score the ball.

boarhog12

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 25, 2007, 06:31:17 pm

Someone will pick him up this summer.  You don't need a LOI, just signed scholly papers.  He would have to sit a year for D1 teams.  However, word is he is a head case.  Not sure teams want that baggage.
Bigger head case than Brady?

WilsonHog

From what I've heard Joh Brady seriously wanted our job this spring. Campaigned for it.

I'll take Pelphrey.

HawgG

USF, Louisiana Tech (where LSU assistant Nikita Johnson is now), Delaware, Wyoming, Marshall, Oral Roberts, and Fresno State.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: HawgG on May 31, 2007, 01:33:45 pm

USF, Louisiana Tech (where LSU assistant Nikita Johnson is now), Delaware, Wyoming, Marshall, Oral Roberts, and Fresno State.

One thing is for sure, he won't be suiting up against us this season.  Or anyone else for that matter.