Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT Day 2

Started by HOG02, May 24, 2007, 10:30:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG02

Aside from Vandy, I think all of the games winners were pretty much right in line with what everyone expected.

Any thoughts on how today will turn out, and does anyone know where you can listen to the games on the internet.

zebra

Live stats on sec.org, actually about 2 pitches behind live.

Top of Second
Game 5
Florida 1
Alabama 0

HOG02

I've been scanning the live stats, but I would rather work and listen to it throught a radio feed on the internet.  Anybody know where to listen to the games?

TuckFexas

Thanks to those who can keep us updated.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Break & Run

SECSports.com livecast has this:

1 2 3       
ALABAMA  0 1 0     
UF           1 1       

R H E
Bama-      1 2 0
Gators-    2 4 0
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Bama has 2 outs in the Top of the 3rd...a pop-up and a grounder to first. Salem is still struggling...he's 0-for in the tourney. He was struck out and ground to 1B
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

talking about a confusing hang-up play....this would win the award...
from Bama/Florida game...

Belcher singled, out at second rightfielder to 1baseman to shortstop to 1baseman to 2baseman to catcher (3-2 KBFBBF).

zebra

Bama 1
FLA 3
After 3 innings

Break & Run

o yea, Florida has scored again. Bama is about to be eliminated...it's 3-1 Florida.

Break & Run

They're through 4 innings in Hoover, Florida still leads Bama by a score of 3-1, this game is only 1 hr and 22 minutes old.  Our game Might (knock on wood) start on time tonight!!!

Rooka

Anyone know if the Hogs will be on the radio in NEA?, I really want to listen to em, the threads on here are great just want to hear it for myself. WPS! Go Hogs!

Break & Run

The whole 5th inning of the Florida/Bama game took only TWENTY-ONE MINUTES TO PLAY!!!

Break & Run

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 24, 2007, 11:45:20 am
Anyone know if the Hogs will be on the radio in NEA?, I really want to listen to em, the threads on here are great just want to hear it for myself. WPS! Go Hogs!

I don't know of any stations but if you want to hear the USC broadcast go to: http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast

Arkansas never has any free broadcast...

Publius

Thanks for the updates, 08.  Keep them coming, please.

razorhead69

Good job guys. Keep the updates coming!!

Rooka

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 24, 2007, 11:47:42 am
Quote from: Death by Hog on May 24, 2007, 11:45:20 am

I don't know of any stations but if you want to hear the USC broadcast go to: http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast

Arkansas never has any free broadcast...
Thanks! +1

Ouachihog

Top of the 7th in Hoover....

Florida still leads Bama 3-1.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Publius

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 24, 2007, 12:15:31 pm
The two teams that are left undefeated after today are guaranteed of only having to play a maximum of 5 games total to win the SECT while the other four 1-1 teams know they will have to play 6 games to win the SECT. Winning today is really important.
Hogs must win today to have a shot at the tourney title...particularly if the do not want to use Schmidt again this week.

demonHOG1013

3-1 Gators going into bottom of 7th

demonHOG1013

The two teams that are left undefeated after today are guaranteed of only having to play a maximum of 5 games total to win the SECT while the other four 1-1 teams know they will have to play 6 games to win the SECT. Winning today is really important.

All is well JESS TODD is on the mound

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 24, 2007, 12:17:27 pm
Hogs must win today to have a shot at the tourney title...particularly if the do not want to use Schmidt again this week.

Yep.  DVH has already said they won't use Schmidt again period.  Would be strange to see us in a championship game throwing Kuechel or Mclelland or somebody like that. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

Bottom of the 8th...

3-1 Florida. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 24, 2007, 12:35:46 pm

Yep.  DVH has already said they won't use Schmidt again period.  Would be strange to see us in a championship game throwing Kuechel or Mclelland or somebody like that. 

only way we wont see one of them starting the championship game is if we somehow manage to go 3-0.  Its possible if we win today Keuchel may start Saturday, and if we won that one, Welker would start on Sunday.

But winning today isnt guranteed.  We need to quit assuming today is a given just because of who is pitching for us.  South Carolina is a really darn good team. You arent 41-14 for nothing
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HogBaptist

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 12:41:35 pm

only way we wont see one of them starting the championship game is if we somehow manage to go 3-0.  Its possible if we win today Keuchel may start Saturday, and if we won that one, Welker would start on Sunday.

But winning today isnt guranteed.  We need to quit assuming today is a given just because of who is pitching for us.  South Carolina is a really darn good team. You arent 41-14 for nothing

We will not see Schmidt or Todd again after this game today.  If we lose, we will not see them.  If we win, we will not see them.

Publius

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 12:41:35 pm

Hopefully the bigger ball park will neutralize some of the Cock power.

Ouachihog

Top of the 9th in Hoover, Avila has homered for Bama...

3-2 Florida.  Runner on first, no outs for Bama. 

Ouachihog

Runner on 2nd, 2 outs for Bama....May at the plate.

Ouachihog

May strikes out to end the game.

Florida wins 3-2.  Bama eliminated. 

zebra

The HOME team is out.

brooks74

Glad Bama is out of it, besides yesterday we struggled bad against them and I didn't want us to have to play them again!

zebra

Vandy/Miss St.
Just about to begin and David Price is throwing for Vandy.

mikeb

Quote from: zebra on May 24, 2007, 01:30:23 pm
Vandy/Miss St.
Just about to begin and David Price is throwing for Vandy.

GO Miss St.

chiefsfan

For those who are wondering, I believe we are the home team tonight...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

zebra

MSU two K's in the first, Vandy coming to bat.

chiefsfan

Quote from: zebra on May 24, 2007, 01:57:09 pm

the bad news for MSU came when they got to the park about 9 hours after leaving it last night, and discovered David Price was the starting pitcher for Vanderbilt

zebra

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 01:58:02 pm
Quote from: zebra on May 24, 2007, 01:57:09 pm

the bad news for MSU came when they got to the park about 9 hours after leaving it last night, and discovered David Price was the starting pitcher for Vanderbilt

no doubt

hogfan064

The first pitch of this game was around 2:40 right?   This means the tourney is backed up by about 40 minutes.  Don't expect our game with USC to start on time.   There will be an hour break between the end of this game and the beginning of ours.

zebra

Vandy strands two runners in their half, after one, no score.

HogBaptist

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 01:41:11 pm

we better be, we are the higher seed.

zebra

Price now has 4 K's (all looking)  ???  through two innings, after an inning and a half, no score, Vandy coming to the dish.

hogfan064

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 24, 2007, 02:12:05 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 24, 2007, 02:05:17 pm
The first pitch of this game was around 2:40 right?   This means the tourney is backed up by about 40 minutes.  Don't expect our game with USC to start on time.   There will be an hour break between the end of this game and the beginning of ours.

1:40

Yep 1:40.  I live in South Carolina os its 2:40 for me.  Sorry about that.

Publius

Quote from: zebra on May 24, 2007, 02:11:50 pm
Price now has 4 K's (all looking)  ???  through two innings, after an inning and a half, no score, Vandy coming to the dish.
Thanks for the updates...keep em coming

chiefsfan

Quote from: HogBaptist on May 24, 2007, 02:05:51 pm

doesnt have anything to do with it...I think Tennessee is the home team against Ole Miss tonight and they certainly are not the higher seed...

chiefsfan

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 24, 2007, 02:12:05 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 24, 2007, 02:05:17 pm
The first pitch of this game was around 2:40 right?   This means the tourney is backed up by about 40 minutes.  Don't expect our game with USC to start on time.   There will be an hour break between the end of this game and the beginning of ours.

1:40

Im betting our game wont start till 5:45 or so.   Depending on how long this game takes

Publius

Any MSU Vandy update?

chiefsfan

Quote from: Publius on May 24, 2007, 02:28:10 pm
Any MSU Vandy update?

9 batters faced for David Price.  5 strikeouts, all looking

Vandy hasnt done much better against MSU's pitcher

Publius

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 02:31:24 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 24, 2007, 02:28:10 pm
Any MSU Vandy update?

9 batters faced for David Price.  5 strikeouts, all looking

Vandy hasnt done much better against MSU's pitcher
So I guess that means that there is no score?

HogBaptist

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 24, 2007, 02:21:41 pm
Quote from: HogBaptist on May 24, 2007, 02:05:51 pm

doesnt have anything to do with it...I think Tennessee is the home team against Ole Miss tonight and they certainly are not the higher seed...

yes it does.  usually the team on the top of the bracket gets a home dugout......since tennessee beat #1 Vandy last night, they are on the top of the bracket.

I guess I didn't convey it good enough.  sorry.l

datthelake

Vanderbilt-Miss State game is on the the internet.  Google search WNSR AM 560. (Vanderbilt Broadcasters)

zebra

Vandy 3
MSU 0
After 3 innings