Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Official Tennessee vs Vanderbilt thread

Started by chiefsfan, May 23, 2007, 05:11:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

May 23, 2007, 05:11:08 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:16:58 pm by chiefsfan
game time for this one is listed as 6:05 pm  I will not be able to provide updates... so you are on your own for this one
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

It won't start until about 6:05.  Vandy-UT is part of the 2nd session and there is a 1 hour delay during sessions. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 23, 2007, 05:14:12 pm
It won't start until about 6:05.  Vandy-UT is part of the 2nd session and there is a 1 hour delay during sessions. 

my bad, I have corrected the error
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 23, 2007, 05:16:39 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 23, 2007, 05:14:12 pm

my bad, I have corrected the error

Not really an error on your part.  You were right on the listed time, but since this game ran well over the expected time the Vandy game will have a delay.  They actually will kick everyone out of the ballpark during sessions. 

UAFS-Hawg23

demonHOG1013

demonHOG1013

scheduled for 8 prolly wont start til atleast 9

Anybody think Tennessee has a chance to pull the upset??

hogfan064

hogband6

May 23, 2007, 07:30:37 pm #8 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:44:28 pm by hogband6
UT 4   Vandy 0.  Adkins, of UT, has a no-no going into the bottom of the 7th.

TuckFexas

Oh crap, just got done w/ workout and forgot about this one. Come on UT!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

TuckFexas

Vandy better get at least 3 damn hits. I don't want to see NS set a record only to have it broken a few hours later. That would be worse than what Barroid Bonds did to McGwire's HR record.
Famous quote.

Since 1894

Can't believe I am going to post this -

Go Vols!!!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Since 1894

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 23, 2007, 07:56:49 pm
Vandy better get at least 3 damn hits. I don't want to see NS set a record only to have it broken a few hours later. That would be worse than what Barroid Bonds did to McGwire's HR record.

Looks like you got your wish.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

mikeb

Since 1894

Quote from: Since 1894 on May 23, 2007, 08:11:00 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 23, 2007, 07:56:49 pm

Looks like you got your wish.

My Bad - Still showing only one hit.

Vols up in the ninth, man on third.

Since 1894

6 - 1 now,

UT with men on second and first

One out.

go vols

mikeb

TuckFexas

Since Vandy scored it's a moot point. NS's record still intact ;D
Famous quote.

Arkapigdiesel

How r you frickers keeping up with the game?  Is it televised?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Since 1894

Quote from: mikeb on May 23, 2007, 08:16:12 pm
Who's pitching for Vandy?

Brett Jacobson Pitched 5
Nick Christiani pitched 4

No Price tonight.  Looks like they saved him and that might have been a bad decision.

mikeb

Quote from: Since 1894 on May 23, 2007, 08:31:38 pm
Quote from: mikeb on May 23, 2007, 08:16:12 pm
Who's pitching for Vandy?

Brett Jacobson Pitched 5
Nick Christiani pitched 4

No Price tonight.  Looks like they saved him and that might have been a bad decision.

Tru dat

but I like it

WilsonHog

May 23, 2007, 08:49:58 pm #22 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:52:46 pm by WilsonHog
Vols win it 6-4. Vandy plated three in the 9th, including a two-run shot by Alvarez.

Robin flied to center with a runner on 1st to end the game.

And the Commodores got three hits.  ;D

Note to Vandy: you must win the first one to stay in the winner's bracket.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

mikeb

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 23, 2007, 08:49:58 pm

Note to Vandy: you must win the first one to stay in the winner's bracket.

LOL....I didn't see this one coming for sure

WPS!!!

GO HOGS GO!!!

Break & Run

umm...Vandy already has a National Seed locked up, Price was talking about that in the press conferences the other day.  He knew he wouldn't pitch in this tournament.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

PigWig

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 23, 2007, 08:59:19 pm
umm...Vandy already has a National Seed locked up, Price was talking about that in the press conferences the other day.  He knew he wouldn't pitch in this tournament.
I agree but this is still huge because if we win tomorrow we should be able to run through the rest of the bracket.

WilsonHog

That puts a different spin on it if his isn't going to pitch at all this weekend. I just don't see not throwing him tonight to save him for tomorrow.

Come to think of it, if I was a Vandy fan I might also be concerned with giving Price 10 days off between starts. 

Break & Run

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 23, 2007, 09:03:19 pm

That puts a different spin on it if his isn't going to pitch at all this weekend. I just don't see not throwing him tonight to save him for tomorrow.

Come to think of it, if I was a Vandy fan I might also be concerned with giving Price 10 days off between starts. 

I'd be very concerned...but...that's why I'm an ARKANSAS FAN!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Woo Pig Sooie!! Woo Pig Sooie!! Woo Pig Sooie!! Razorbacks!!
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Since 1894

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 23, 2007, 09:03:19 pm

I bet he will pitch tomorrow or Friday.  JMHO

mikeb

I like their thinking..keep on thinking that you are the best and you have it all "Locked Up"...and that will make it all that much better watching them fall.

WPS!!

hogfan064

I warned all of you a few days ago to stay away from the #1 seed in the SEC tourney.  The #1 seed never wins the tourney.  I'll stick by my prediction of USC vs Ole Miss in the SECCG with the Rebels winning.

Break & Run

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 23, 2007, 09:23:23 pm
I warned all of you a few days ago to stay away from the #1 seed in the SEC tourney.  The #1 seed never wins the tourney.  I'll stick by my prediction of USC vs Ole Miss in the SECCG with the Rebels winning.

USC won't get past Arkansas with Todd on the mound.  Arkansas over Ole Miss in SECCG ... Arkansas is back on fire after today and they can beat anyone.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 23, 2007, 09:39:47 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 23, 2007, 09:23:23 pm

USC won't get past Arkansas with Todd on the mound.  Arkansas over Ole Miss in SECCG ... Arkansas is back on fire after today and they can beat anyone.

I hope you are right...  This is a firm test for Todd tommorow, USC is a very good ballclub, best team he will have faced all year with the exception of Vandy...