Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey's Playhouse

Started by Held Hawgstage, May 22, 2007, 06:43:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Held Hawgstage

Welcome boys and girls to the place where imaginary hopes, dreams, and posts come together in a utopia of new Arkansas Basketball. No need to enter if you are not positive. Only positive people please.

You will see great posts from Jambi, Southern Hawg, Earl, Clockey, Penny, VoR, Ms. Yvonne, and everyone's favorite...HollywoodHog. So feel free to post such things as...we will win the national title this year....we will go undefeated...Pelphrey is the next Wooden....40 minutes of Pel...and rename every Stadium after Pelphrey.

This is where your Post can come alive. So come in and join me boys and girls. Let's be POSITIVE about the upcoming basketball season......

Yipppeeeee

PulledPork

<burrrrrrrp>

Pulled out....

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Bomis Hawg

Excellent post to the forum.

Foshodo

Is there any way to ignore a member and all the posts that he's quoted in?

Masshog

My feets hurt.

Proud Hog

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 22, 2007, 06:43:37 pm
Welcome boys and girls to the place where imaginary hopes, dreams, and posts come together in a utopia of new Arkansas Basketball. No need to enter if you are not positive. Only positive people please.

You will see great posts from Jambi, Southern Hawg, Earl, Clockey, Penny, VoR, Ms. Yvonne, and everyone's favorite...HollywoodHog. So feel free to post such things as...we will win the national title this year....we will go undefeated...Pelphrey is the next Wooden....40 minutes of Pel...and rename every Stadium after Pelphrey.

This is where your Post can come alive. So come in and join me boys and girls. Let's be POSITIVE about the upcoming basketball season......

Yipppeeeee
If you do not like the post on this board then why do you post on it?To push your agenda on the rest of us.Sorry,I hear the USF board is always looking for new posters.

Lanlord

Quote from: Foshodo on May 22, 2007, 07:36:22 pm

Hit the ignore button under that users name.  Works well.

southern hawg

Yipppeeeee
Now we're talkin'

The Boar War

Thanks for all you bring to jump ball Held Hawgstage!  I left MMQB to get away from the unending negativity found in almost every post.  Thanks for bringing your special brand here.

VoR

May 22, 2007, 07:57:00 pm #10 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:09:10 pm by VoR

Yipppeeeee

I think if you actually would take time to read, rather then rank, you would see most on here are actually looking at the upcoming season with guarded optimism rather then the gloom and doom you so chose to see.

I have for the last 2 years stated several times I would like to see more up tempo played, whenever we have played Heath's patented Slo-Motion offense other then when we have played the Sisters of the Meek and Mild, we have gotten our asses handed to us more times then not.

Freud once said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", whether Ostrom's comments (about conditioning) were meant to A)motivate or B) the God's honest truth, let it go, if those comments hit home with certain players then obviously it was the truth, and they needed to hear it, or if it didn't, then either it did not pertain to them or they deserve the rude awakening coming to them.

I would not have been up in arms had they retained SH after last year. Am I upset they didn't retain him? No, I am not. Am I upset at how this whole **ustercluck got handled and do I blame JFB, JW, and most of the athletic department. Yes I do.

This is not John Pelphrey's fault, if you want to lay blame and fault on this whole matter, lay it at the feet of those who deserve the blame, but know 1 thing for sure, John Pelphrey is the coach of the U of A Razorbacks this year, and no matter how unfortunate of circumstances brought him here, no matter if you thought JFB should have offered BCG, or BS, or TS, of for that matter whoever in the world you hoped and prayed would be our next HC, he didn't, get over it. Until the day John Pelphrey proves to me he is not qualified to be the HC of the Razorback's I will give him my support and I will stand behind him.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

hawaiianhogster

Yipppeeeee

Sarcasm at its best.

Hollywood_HOGan45

nothing but an attention w.hore

and yes i've been guilty of feeding this dumbass

mword

Quote from: Lanlord on May 22, 2007, 07:42:25 pm
Quote from: Foshodo on May 22, 2007, 07:36:22 pm

Hit the ignore button under that users name.  Works well.
I wonder how many Huggers got me on ignore?

Held Hawgstage

Hey boys and girls......some of you didn't read the intro to this post....only positive people need to enter. This is utopia, do not bring your personal attacks into the realm of ultimate opportunity and possibility for the Hog Nation. I'm sorry some of your teachers didn't help you with your reading. P-O-S-I-T-I-V-I-T-Y only.

I listened to Pelphrey's interview again.....and guess what.....I was wrong. I took everything out of context. I apologize Pel....will that improve my karma? We are going to run so much with this squad, we will break 100 for every game. I'm already lobbying for Beverly to win not only the National Player of the Year before the year even starts, but to see if we can get him on the Heisman ballet as well. You see boys and girls....anything is possible as long as we believe. Do you believe boys and girls? Say it with me...."I Believe". Come on sour puss..say it with me "I Believe". You see all things are possible on this board. This is where myopic posts come alive.

Held Hawgstage

Maybe it's just me....but have you noticed....Pelphrey is Tall. Unlike Heath...this alone will allow him to have a presence in the huddle. Sometimes heath would disappear even though the players were sitting in chairs on the court. Pelphrey is a strong oak amongst other trees. Today's word is....TALL. We are moving away from utilizing our TALL players and running with our SMALL players. Small ball is back and we will go to the national championship game. All HAIL PEL!

oldbear

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 23, 2007, 11:12:08 am
Maybe it's just me....but have you noticed....Pelphrey is Tall. Unlike Heath...this alone will allow him to have a presence in the huddle. Sometimes heath would disappear even though the players were sitting in chairs on the court. Pelphrey is a strong oak amongst other trees. Today's word is....TALL. We are moving away from utilizing our TALL players and running with our SMALL players. Small ball is back and we will go to the national championship game. All HAIL PEL!

My last reply to you.  See your "Pelphrey's Motivation" thread.  Other than that, find your meds. You have been off of them too long.  I think I recognize you though.  You were the umpire that almost threw me out last weekend for laughing.

Held Hawgstage

Oh no....that wasn't me.....but here I want you to smile. I want you to laugh. Just imagine Pelphrey standing there in all of his glory holding up the championship trophy. Because we are headed that way. And yes...I need meds to see that.

Hollywood_HOGan45

we all know pel's style never ever works.
Florida never won anything with small ball. Neither did Nolan RIchardson

football-writer

Ya know, it's a good thing that HeldHawgstage isn't negative (eyeroll)
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 23, 2007, 11:38:41 am

Hello Hollywood Hog. Now...Now....let's not get agitated. Florida did not win with small ball. Nolan did a decade and a half ago. But wait...I'll let you borrow the keys to the time machine and you can relive those glory days and when you want to come back to today, click you heels three times and repeat after me, "There's nothing like home", "There's nothing like home". See you in the future.

football-writer

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 23, 2007, 11:44:22 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 23, 2007, 11:38:41 am

Hello Hollywood Hog. Now...Now....let's not get agitated. Florida did not win with small ball. Nolan did a decade and a half ago. But wait...I'll let you borrow the keys to the time machine and you can relive those glory days and when you want to come back to today, click you heels three times and repeat after me, "There's nothing like home", "There's nothing like home". See you in the future.

Somebody get this man a ladder...He still can't "get over" the fact that Heath is gone and isn't coming back.  Dwelling in the past too much has made you too negative.  There's being realistic...there's being negative....and then there's being Held Hawgstage.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: football-writer on May 23, 2007, 11:47:52 am
Somebody get this man a ladder...He still can't "get over" the fact that Heath is gone and isn't coming back.  Dwelling in the past too much has made you too negative.  There's being realistic...there's being negative....and then there's being Held Hawgstage.

Well...someone hasn't received their plus sign today..... +1 for you football writer. Now run along and write another positive post.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 23, 2007, 12:42:31 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 23, 2007, 09:05:23 am

Hollywoodhog....please stop acting like a DIVA!

Hamible, please leave your name calling to the Grim Bottom on the Rivals Board.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

cardinalhawg

Yipppeeeee

What is that you have against Pelphrey?  Sure he may come in and not get the job done, but I am confident that he can.  If he doesn't he doesn't and if he does he does.   It is one thing to be critical, but you are carrying it to the extreme as some do against Houston Nutt.

One can debate whether Heath should have been fired or not, and I thought that he shouldn't have been left in the balance for a week, but I just do not think he was the guy to get the Hogs to that higher level.

cardinalhawg

May 23, 2007, 01:38:28 pm #26 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:30:18 pm by cardinalhawg
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 23, 2007, 01:33:19 pm
Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 23, 2007, 12:42:31 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 23, 2007, 09:05:23 am

Hollywoodhog....please stop acting like a DIVA!

Hamible, please leave your name calling to the Grim Bottom on the Rivals Board.

Do you think that is him?  If so, maybe he is just trying to stir things up and be funny, but I did not think he was of this line of thinking towards Heath and Pelphrey.

HawgAdvocate

May 23, 2007, 01:48:10 pm #27 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:17:27 pm by HawgAdvocate
I know it's him.

Despite the previous preference in avatars he used (Hannible Lector) before switching to the Pelphrey photo, he used to have a running number of "days in captivity" under his avatar...he's currently doing something similar on the Rivals board. http://arkansas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1616&mid=94868967&sid=1033&tid=94868967&style=1

He bashes Hogville endlessly on the Rivals board, and he's obviously flaming here since that what he lives to do on the Grim Bottom.

I have other ways of knowing, but for legal reasons I can not share.

It's ok though. He's just desperate for attention. And I know he loves Hogville, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

If anyone here chooses to continue arguing with him, do know this: he has traced IPs and given out personal info of posters in the past, he has called the workplaces of posters who disagree him, and he has actually come to the front door of a poster who argued with him.

Reply at your own risk.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

OzarkHighs

Sounds like we have ourselves a real winner...  ;)

southern hawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 23, 2007, 01:48:10 pm
I know it's him.

Despite the previous preference in avatars he used (Hannible Lector) before switching to the Pelphrey photo, he used to have a running number of "days in captivity" under his avatar...he's currently doing something similar on the Rivals board. http://arkansas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1616&mid=94868967&sid=1033&tid=94868967&style=1

He bashes Hogville endlessly on the Rivals board, and he's obviously flaming here since that what he lives to do on the Grim Bottom.

I have other ways of knowing, but for legal reasons I can not share.

It's ok though. He's just desperate for attention. And I know he loves Hogville, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

If anyone here chooses to continue arguing with him, do know this: he has traced IPs and given out personal info of posters in the past, he has called the workplaces of posters who disagree him, and he has actually come to the front door of a poster who argued with him.

Reply at your own risk.

HawgAdvocate, there's someone at your door.

HawgAdvocate

WilsonHog

Pignominious

May 23, 2007, 11:58:09 pm #32 Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:11:04 am by BearclawHogs44
Have a fun sabatical.  We won't miss you.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 23, 2007, 02:35:08 pm
Hawgadvocate, that's creative. Very funny but a little weird. I have no idea what your talking about but I'm digging your paranoia. However, your actually creeping me out. I've never been to the Rivals board or any other board for that matter...however, once Heath was run out of town because his supporters were not vocal enough, I wanted to make sure we were. I have nothing against hogville and actually, its guys like you who let me know how smart I am.

Calm down on the craziness...I think I might have to report you.

i wish you'd never been to this board either. you are a peach of a guy

ColumbianHog

Wow.  Who am I going to debate with for the next 6 days?  Somebody please step up to the plate...I don't wanna go to MMQB.

coach, my back hurts

Sometimes heath would disappear even though the players were sitting in chairs on the court.

Thats got to be one of the better lines i have read on here in some time. 

Agree or disagree with HeldHawg(in left hand), he does come up with some pretty funny stuff.

slopinhogs

let her go boys. i used to be 12. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

boarhog12

What I don't understand is a coach that never won anything is being raised to legend status and a coach thats never coached a game (at AR) is being busted to no account. We know what we had we won't know what we got till next March. What do you say we wait and see what happens before pulling the wheels off the band wagon and putting it on blocks or buy a throne for the new king of BB?

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

gduchar

i'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my season tickets.

moses_007

Quote from: The Boar War on May 22, 2007, 07:56:17 pm
Thanks for all you bring to jump ball Held Hawgstage!  I left MMQB to get away from the unending negativity found in almost every post.  Thanks for bringing your special brand here.

Till the HDN fiasco dies out, I will stay off the main board too.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 31, 2007, 11:14:04 am
Both teams played hard

Welcome back Hawgstage.  How was your vacation?  soak up some rays?  drink some Coronas?

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 31, 2007, 01:22:16 pm
Welcome back Hawgstage.  How was your vacation?  soak up some rays?  drink some Coronas?

Being banned is no fun. Now I know how Andy Dufresne felt in the projection room after being assaulted by the Sisters. I only questioned the hiring of this new coach and yet there are people openly getting into other coaches personal lives, people giving me the bird, personal attacks. I don't know what else to do. I'm beaten Red.....I just give up. Go Hogs....Go Pelphrey....Pelphrey for President.... Hogville Rules....arbitrarily.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 31, 2007, 02:05:28 pm
Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 31, 2007, 01:22:16 pm

Being banned is no fun. Now I know how Andy Dufresne felt in the projection room after being assaulted by the Sisters. I only questioned the hiring of this new coach and yet there are people openly getting into other coaches personal lives, people giving me the bird, personal attacks. I don't know what else to do. I'm beaten Red.....I just give up. Go Hogs....Go Pelphrey....Pelphrey for President.... Hogville Rules....arbitrarily.

"These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

chiefsfan

sheesh, that may have been the fastest 7 days in history.   They need to create a banned forever to the bottoms of eternity button on hogville...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 31, 2007, 07:01:42 pm
sheesh, that may have been the fastest 7 days in history.   They need to create a banned forever to the bottoms of eternity button on hogville...

Every board needs at least one dissident voice. 

The problem with MMQB is that it's split 50/50.  I think this forum better because we can debate more than just point fingers and call names.  So, call me what you will...but I'm glad he's back.

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: ColumbianHog on June 01, 2007, 07:26:26 am
So, call me what you will...but I'm glad he's back.

Thanks, ColumbianHog....this karma thing is no joke. In the past week my wife has changed the locks, my girlfriend won't return my text messages, my dog growls at me, and my pastor won't return my calls and even sent back my last offering. I'm glad someone has some sympathy.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: moses_007 on May 31, 2007, 10:37:43 am
Quote from: The Boar War on May 22, 2007, 07:56:17 pm

Till the HDN fiasco dies out, I will stay off the main board too.

I do not see things dieing down much while Nutt is the coach.  I am not being negative towards Nutt in that comment, but some people are just past the point of changing there stances.  It will tone down some if the Hogs come out winning left and right next season in football, but still there will be negativity.

Even the negativity on this board feels like a breath of fresh air to me, in comparison to a lot of the stuff on MMQB.  I just get tired of the same ole, same ole, negative rehashed stuff.  I do not visit that board as often anymore.  I like some of these other forums much better than MMQB.

ilovepinebluff

Did Pelphrey give you wedgies or something in 3rd grade? I cannot understand your disdain for him.

hogzirra

"The smell of fat chicks throws my spine out of place"

-David Bowie