bigbrutha

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 10:25:12 am
Quote from: bigbrutha on May 23, 2007, 09:53:01 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 07:13:33 am
Quote from: hogtheznutts on May 23, 2007, 07:08:26 am
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 03:50:26 pm
Quote from: silvertip on May 22, 2007, 03:49:05 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:46:21 pm
this shouldnt even be debatable.  Gus is a freaking rookie head coach who has proven NOTHING in NCAA football.  Lee has proven that he is good enough to be on the coaching staff of a SUCCESSFUL NFL TEAM.  I dont remember anyone from the NFL calling gus' name before he came to the hogs. 

I can't remember anyone from the NFL calling Lee's name before he came running back to HDN.

Ok Gus is Unproven, and Lee has proven HE SUCKS  which do you want and for twice the price?

My gosh 311 do you have a man crush thing going with gus or are you his wife.  You throw out more trash, Lee sucks, Lee sucks, Lee sucks but it's rather obvious that you might have a little thing for Gus.  Whether you like it or not David Lee is proven and well respected at the college and pro ranks and Gus is still an unknown that no big program or pro team is willing to take a risk on.  Now this may or may not change in the future but right now that's the way it is.

Let me remind you your opine means nothing to anyone involved in organized football at the collegiate or pro level.  The good news is it never will because you have little knowledge and throw out  more BS "facts" just because you really like a HS coach or his offense.  That leads me to believe your either Gus's wife or a Beast light can need to drop on you and that would be your definition of a "fact".

No Gus crush here, but could you explain to me or give me something to go on where David Lee is proven? and irregardless of if he is well respected or not at the college and pro ranks, where are you basing his succesful history or accomplishments? 

You didn't just hint at the idea that DL is under qualified while High School was.... did you.  You didn't, tell me you didn't.

Nope, I am not interested in comparing him to Gus, as Gus is gone.  I would however like to hear or see the facts that some must know, in order for them to think he is the best thing to happen to the Hogs.

We won't know if he's worth a @#$% until we see it.  .

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: mtnmusic on May 23, 2007, 10:22:23 am
Again, as a previous poster pointed out, Lee has had great success as a position coach. He's already made significant teaching differences in preparing the passing game for SEC defenses.
I think he'll keep SEC defenses honest enough for DMac to win the Heisman and UofA to make it to the SEC Championship again. Is that a bad thing? I've never felt that MM was our Heisman candidate and that our 1 and 2 in the nation running backs should be put on the shelf to showcase Gus and Mitch.

Not disagreeing with you here, but could you tell me which poster showed how he has had great success as a position coach?

311Hog

My major problem with David Lee is this.

David Lee is a mid line option coach with a few tricks for improving QB throwing mechanics.

How is this man suppose to build a passing game for a team with the worst passing game in the NCAA ?

311Hog

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 23, 2007, 10:30:37 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 10:25:12 am
Quote from: bigbrutha on May 23, 2007, 09:53:01 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 07:13:33 am
Quote from: hogtheznutts on May 23, 2007, 07:08:26 am
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 03:50:26 pm
Quote from: silvertip on May 22, 2007, 03:49:05 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:46:21 pm
this shouldnt even be debatable.  Gus is a freaking rookie head coach who has proven NOTHING in NCAA football.  Lee has proven that he is good enough to be on the coaching staff of a SUCCESSFUL NFL TEAM.  I dont remember anyone from the NFL calling gus' name before he came to the hogs. 

I can't remember anyone from the NFL calling Lee's name before he came running back to HDN.

Ok Gus is Unproven, and Lee has proven HE SUCKS  which do you want and for twice the price?

My gosh 311 do you have a man crush thing going with gus or are you his wife.  You throw out more trash, Lee sucks, Lee sucks, Lee sucks but it's rather obvious that you might have a little thing for Gus.  Whether you like it or not David Lee is proven and well respected at the college and pro ranks and Gus is still an unknown that no big program or pro team is willing to take a risk on.  Now this may or may not change in the future but right now that's the way it is.

Let me remind you your opine means nothing to anyone involved in organized football at the collegiate or pro level.  The good news is it never will because you have little knowledge and throw out  more BS "facts" just because you really like a HS coach or his offense.  That leads me to believe your either Gus's wife or a Beast light can need to drop on you and that would be your definition of a "fact".

No Gus crush here, but could you explain to me or give me something to go on where David Lee is proven? and irregardless of if he is well respected or not at the college and pro ranks, where are you basing his succesful history or accomplishments? 

You didn't just hint at the idea that DL is under qualified while High School was.... did you.  You didn't, tell me you didn't.

Nope, I am not interested in comparing him to Gus, as Gus is gone.  I would however like to hear or see the facts that some must know, in order for them to think he is the best thing to happen to the Hogs.

We won't know if he's worth a @#$% until we see it.  .

Umm news flash we already seen him two previous times at the UofA he isnt an unknown commodity.

Pork Twain

NEITHER one has proven he can get it done in the SEC but I will take Lee over Gus, because Lee can always read Gus's book but Gus cannot get Lee's college or NFL experience.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ballhog88

Quote from: HAWG FAN 55 on May 23, 2007, 07:33:13 am
I have nothing against David Lee, and i respect his style of gameplan, but i liked Malzahn because he had a gameplan that i liked in the springdale high school days of passing the football, and if malzahn was able to use his own style of playbook to the fullest at arkansas, i do believe arkansas could have scored more points average in a game and even won the key games, just by mixing up the familiar passing plays and running plays im sure mustain would have loved to worked on in each offensive series and even added the backs McFadden and Jones in a few passing and running plays. :razorback:

Who were you going to throw too, we had two compentant receivers in Monk and Hillis. Hillis went down and we lost 3 in a row. Dont forget the suspect qb's.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 10:32:38 am
NEITHER one has proven he can get it done in the SEC but I will take Lee over Gus, because Lee can always read Gus's book but Gus cannot get Lee's college or NFL experience.

Honestly, this is one point that is hard to argue.  I cannot disagree.....good take on it.

311Hog

Quote from: mtnmusic on May 23, 2007, 10:28:04 am
Teaching differences: using stepladders to train higher releases over taller SEC linemen than your QB faced in HS.

refresh my memory please but when exactly did we have a problem with passes being batted down by SEC lineman?

311Hog

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 10:33:43 am

Honestly, this is one point that is hard to argue.  I cannot disagree.....good take on it.

My only comment on this angle is, is losing experience really all that worthwhile?

HoggieStyle

Any time a head coach uses phrases like "win with the kicking game", you got problems.

Leaving Gus completely out of the question/argument, I wouldn't want David Lee as OC.

David Lee was a midline option/flexbone OC with Hatfield. Nutt stated when Lee left last time that "now that Lee is gone, we can work on improving the passing game". Now he's the guy that's going to improve it? Sorry, I don't see it.

Nothing Lee could have done in the film room in Dallas can wipe away his 2-21 record in his last two years as a HC. Not exactly the poster boy for excellence. If that's the best we can do, it doesn't matter how many great players we have, as there will always be something holding them back. The word "mediocrity" has been beaten to death on this board in the last 6 months, but the way I see it, that's exactly what you get with good players on offense and below average coaches. It's what happened last season. Nutt's team snatched a pretty good season from the jaws of one that would have been remembered forever. No numbers, no "what-if's", no percentages, just the fact.

And so now let us define our once proud program by losses rather than wins, and place persons over the good of the program as a whole.

Gus? Irrelevant. David Lee? No, thank you.

Carry on.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 10:35:36 am

My only comment on this angle is, is losing experience really all that worthwhile?

I cant agree with you on this, as we should all learn from mistakes in trying different ideologies at different levels.  I agree with Lee's experience and exposure to different ideas and personalities.  However, I still am not one that was sold on this hiring and especially on how it went down.  With team chemistry already being shaky, I felt that it was a risky decision, which at best should have been made known and discussed with staff.  I do believe that in tandem it might have been a good team with Gus & Lee, however I cannot say what I would do if I was in Gus' shoes due to the mishandling of the hire.  If some things are true which have been said, then I could see why Gus felt he needed to move on. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawgrock on May 22, 2007, 01:32:44 pm
I will take the coach with NFL experience over the high school coach.

He's not a friggin' HS coach anymore, Reggie!

Go away, batin'

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 23, 2007, 10:18:42 am
Holy crap, imagine using a goal line set near the goal line!!!

I was being facetious and no, I don't think we will see the Hogs run the wishbone at all this year.  Then again, running the wishbone around the goal line would be something only a, a, a Nutt would do.  Sorry, I stand corrected.

cosmodrum

My only comment is...

UTEP
Go away, batin'

Pork Twain

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 10:40:26 am

I cant agree with you on this, as we should all learn from mistakes in trying different ideologies at different levels.  I agree with Lee's experience and exposure to different ideas and personalities.  However, I still am not one that was sold on this hiring and especially on how it went down.  With team chemistry already being shaky, I felt that it was a risky decision, which at best should have been made known and discussed with staff.  I do believe that in tandem it might have been a good team with Gus & Lee, however I cannot say what I would do if I was in Gus' shoes due to the mishandling of the hire.  If some things are true which have been said, then I could see why Gus felt he needed to move on. 
The question is which coach would we choose, not if we were happy how it all went down.  I would choose Lee over Gus at this point.  Gus has shown me nothing against the SEC.  Neither has Lee but I like what Lee COULD bring to the table and I hope he has improved since he was here last.  "Most" coaches do improve with experience.  I think Gus will be a great coach down the road.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 11:19:16 am

The question is which coach would we choose, not if we were happy how it all went down.  I would choose Lee over Gus at this point.  Gus has shown me nothing against the SEC.  Neither has Lee but I like what Lee COULD bring to the table and I hope he has improved since he was here last.  "Most" coaches do improve with experience.  I think Gus will be a great coach down the road.

Point taken and I will agree.  The reason my post sound the way they do is that, mine started in rebuttal of a poster demanding facts and bashing those that didn't have any, but never provided their own facts or backing for their belief that Lee is above and beyond the best choice.

Pork Twain

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 11:22:28 am

Point taken and I will agree.  The reason my post sound the way they do is that, mine started in rebuttal of a poster demanding facts and bashing those that didn't have any, but never provided their own facts or backing for their belief that Lee is above and beyond the best choice.
If someone wants facts they just have to look at what both coaches have done over the last four years.

Boar in the USA

Last time I checked, the University of Tulsa is not a destination for good offensive coordinators. If Gus were a good OC, he would have had offers from big schools. He's a great high school OC. Anything beyond that is pure speculation.

311Hog

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 11:24:40 am

If someone wants facts they just have to look at what both coaches have done over the last four years.

At some point "potential" has to be factored in. When i look at Gus and David i see a "might be" and a "never was".

So would i rather pay 175,000 to a young guy with alot of potential who obviously had a major positive impact on the teams peformance and will be going into year 2 of his offense building project.

Rather than,

Pay 300,000 + to an old man who's best years are likely behind him, who has had "limited" success and that is being kind at the various levels of football he has coached, he might make a good QB's coach but we are hiring for the Offensive Coordinator's job, do i really want to start over at square 1 again with installing and building yet another "new" offense?

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Boar in the USA on May 23, 2007, 11:32:37 am
Last time I checked, the University of Tulsa is not a destination for good offensive coordinators. If Gus were a good OC, he would have had offers from big schools. He's a great high school OC. Anything beyond that is pure speculation.

Not a very well thought out remark.  You do know that Gus was not looking for a job originally, and that he had the understanding from Nutt he was getting a new contract with a raise.  Few schools would be wanting to talk with him before the season end anyways, due to the turmoil that was going on and the uncertainty.  When he discovered the Lee hire taking place, he chose to leave on his own accord, and at a time when most positions were filled.  Graham wanted him, and made a position for him, so that should say something.  But, if that is how you feel, and it makes you feel better then I understand.

Pork Twain

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 11:35:16 am

At some point "potential" has to be factored in. When i look at Gus and David i see a "might be" and a "never was".

So would i rather pay 175,000 to a young guy with alot of potential who obviously had a major positive impact on the teams peformance and will be going into year 2 of his offense building project.

Rather than,

Pay 300,000 + to an old man who's best years are likely behind him, who has had "limited" success and that is being kind at the various levels of football he has coached, he might make a good QB's coach but we are hiring for the Offensive Coordinator's job, do i really want to start over at square 1 again with installing and building yet another "new" offense?
I think it was pretty clear to most that the relationship between Gus the HC and the DC seemed very strained.  That was not the road map for team chemistry.  I think Lee has learned at every stop, even those that were failures and I would love to see what he can bring to the table as our OC.  FYI he has never been the OC at Arkansas under Nutt...

Starting over???  Sorry I must have missed all the HUNH we ran last year.

Pork Twain

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 23, 2007, 11:37:22 am
Quote from: Boar in the USA on May 23, 2007, 11:32:37 am

Not a very well thought out remark.  You do know that Gus was not looking for a job originally, and that he had the understanding from Nutt he was getting a new contract with a raise.  Few schools would be wanting to talk with him before the season end anyways, due to the turmoil that was going on and the uncertainty.  When he discovered the Lee hire taking place, he chose to leave on his own accord, and at a time when most positions were filled.  Graham wanted him, and made a position for him, so that should say something.  But, if that is how you feel, and it makes you feel better then I understand.
I seem to remember a few big named schools wanted to talk to him last year but he said he was going to stay here.  Gus acted in good faith and it probably cost him a better job but at Tulsa he has a chance to make a name for himself.

311Hog

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 11:43:52 am

Rather than,

I think it was pretty clear to most that the relationship between Gus the HC and the DC seemed very strained.  That was not the road map for team chemistry.  I think Lee has learned at every stop, even those that were failures and I would love to see what he can bring to the table as our OC.  FYI he has never been the OC at Arkansas under Nutt...

Umm first thing wasnt it Houston Nutt himself that said " now that David Lee is gone we can improve the passing game" ? hmm i think it was he might not have been the OC, but he was at least the QB coach or was he our film guy? i forget.

My point about the relationship being strained is that 1. It wasnt Gus's fault Nutt has the mind of a 12 year old.  2. "Getting along" is NOT a key factor in the success of a football team, the OC and DC dont have to like each other and it is prolly better if they dont.

It is my opinion, that a coaching staff full of "yes" men wont get jack crap done because they will alll be to busy playing pick up basketball games and going out to eat because they are all "friends", rather then working and trying to get better. You will work harder to prove your worth to someone that isnt your "friend" then you will someone that is, Shibest is perfect example he knows he has nothing to worry about, he is Mafia 100% so he does just enough to not get fired.

Pork Twain

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 11:50:57 am

Rather than,

Umm first thing wasnt it Houston Nutt himself that said " now that David Lee is gone we can improve the passing game" ? hmm i think it was he might not have been the OC, but he was at least the QB coach or was he our film guy? i forget.

My point about the relationship being strained is that 1. It wasnt Gus's fault Nutt has the mind of a 12 year old.  2. "Getting along" is NOT a key factor in the success of a football team, the OC and DC dont have to like each other and it is prolly better if they dont.

It is my opinion, that a coaching staff full of "yes" men wont get jack crap done because they will alll be to busy playing pick up basketball games and going out to eat because they are all "friends", rather then working and trying to get better. You will work harder to prove your worth to someone that isnt your "friend" then you will someone that is, Shibest is perfect example he knows he has nothing to worry about, he is Mafia 100% so he does just enough to not get fired.
And since then what has DL been doing???  Was Lee here when MJ was here?

No matter what the circumstances or who was at fault the strained relationships remained.

Your whole friend vs not friend theory does not hold water.  I have found that you have to take that kinda stuff on a case by case basis.

311Hog

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 11:57:46 am

Rather than,

No matter what the circumstances or who was at fault the strained relationships remained.

Your whole friend vs not friend theory does not hold water.  I have found that you have to take that kinda stuff on a case by case basis.

Yes he was here while MJ was here.

And i am pretty sure the Murray State Mafia "friend" issue DOES hold water, it is obvious to anyone that Nutt has people on his staff that are "untouchable" and if by some crazy circumstance Nutt has to can one he will find them a job somewhere else, until such time as he can REHIRE THEM.

What has Lee been doing since he got canned from the Uofa in 2002?

Umm he got a charity job working for a UofA alum and booster as the film editor/Tony Romo's friend with the Dallas Cowboys.

Pork Twain

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 12:00:42 pm

Rather than,

And i am pretty sure the Murray State Mafia "friend" issue DOES hold water, it is obvious to anyone that Nutt has people on his staff that are "untouchable" and if by some crazy circumstance Nutt has to can one he will find them a job somewhere else, until such time as he can REHIRE THEM.

Umm he got a charity job working for a UofA alum and booster as the film editor/Tony Romo's friend with the Dallas Cowboys.
Funny how you will discredit everything about David Lee...  To bad he was not a high school coach or at least from Springdale and then I am sure you would be behind him 100%

311Hog

Quote from: BeoPig on May 23, 2007, 12:27:52 pm

Rather than,

Funny how you will discredit everything about David Lee...  To bad he was not a high school coach or at least from Springdale and then I am sure you would be behind him 100%

Sigh why do i have to repeat myself over and over.

I dont give a shiet about Springdale, i dont care about Gus either. I only care about people who are hungry, organized, WINNERS ( i dont care what level), and have the football mind to create an offense that can accomplish the goals of the Razorback football team PERIOD END OF STORY.

I dont care if this person comes from the Congo, or from Buggerholler, AR.  Lee is an option coach who has LONG SINCE BEEN PUT OUT TO PASTURE, a retred. And yes Gus was a High School coach, a winning High school coach he was 1 year into his building phase of the "new" razorback offense and got cut short.

We have given Nutt 9 + years to build a winner and it is still a work in progress we gave Gus one season and cut it short, how much time will Lee get? I bet you money he will be here as long as Nutt or until Nutt decides to use him as the scape goat for another failed season.

HogInaStrangeLand

Wait whose drinking whose kool-aid...

you guys go Springdale or whatever is tied to it, without looking at anything rational.

Apparently those drinking the water, or kool-aid, in Springdale just don't know it.

HogInaStrangeLand

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 12:32:14 pm

Rather than,

I dont give a shiet about Springdale, i dont care about Gus either. I only care about people who are hungry, organized, WINNERS ( i dont care what level), and have the football mind to create an offense that can accomplish the goals of the Razorback football team PERIOD END OF STORY.

I dont care if this person comes from the Congo, or from Buggerholler, AR.  Lee is an option coach who has LONG SINCE BEEN PUT OUT TO PASTURE, a retred. And yes Gus was a High School coach, a winning High school coach he was 1 year into his building phase of the "new" razorback offense and got cut short.

We have given Nutt 9 + years to build a winner and it is still a work in progress we gave Gus one season and cut it short, how much time will Lee get? I bet you money he will be here as long as Nutt or until Nutt decides to use him as the scape goat for another failed season.

10-4 failed season.

Thanks for trying to make us follow the way of Nebraska, but no thanks.

HAWG FAN 55

May 23, 2007, 12:37:26 pm #279 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:54:34 pm by HAWG FAN 55
Quote from: ballhog88 on May 23, 2007, 10:33:30 am
Quote from: HAWG FAN 55 on May 23, 2007, 07:33:13 am
I have nothing against David Lee, and i respect his style of gameplan, but i liked Malzahn because he had a gameplan that i liked in the springdale high school days of passing the football, and if malzahn was able to use his own style of playbook to the fullest at arkansas, i do believe arkansas could have scored more points average in a game and even won the key games, just by mixing up the familiar passing plays and running plays im sure mustain would have loved to worked on in each offensive series and even added the backs McFadden and Jones in a few passing and running plays. :razorback:

Who were you going to throw too, we had two compentant receivers in Monk and Hillis. Hillis went down and we lost 3 in a row. Dont forget the suspect qb's.
--------------
Thats a good question. Monk-Hillis-Cleveland-Williams-Johnson-McFadden-Jones.Hillis was out with injury, so maybe a 5 reciever look and go for the long bomb.Mustain did alot of those plays in springdale high school and was very successful with Gus Malzahn's passing attack. I agree Mitch Mustain needed to adjust to the college level but i really thought that with David Lee as a QB trainer would have helped mustain get better at QB position, while gus stayed here at fayetteville as a OC to boost this program to the next level respectfully.

To the Point, Mustain did throw completed passes to McFadden and Jones a few times and got touchdowns from them, so switching from RB to WR or TE wouldn't be bad for them, they seem to take up alot of positions on the arkansas offense respectfully. :razorback:

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 23, 2007, 10:16:40 am
311, just so you know, I agree the option isn't what I want to see us running.  Are you in any way certain we'll be running the mid line option.  
They spent quite a bit of time teaching the radar option to DMac in the spring...

Hogwaller

Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 22, 2007, 01:26:46 pm
Would some of you really rather have Gus Malazahn than David Lee? Malazahn is a very good coach and has a lot of talent but Is David Lee not deserving of the job over Gus? Tony Romo paid for Lee and his family to come to Hawaii with him to the pro bowl. He said that he owed his success to David Lee. I understand many of you are upset because Malazahn got the shaft which I think the way he left was not right, but what I don't understand is how anyone can say Malazahn is better than Lee. Lee has been in the pro game and is well respected around the NFL. I for one think he is a great hire and support him 100% I understand many on here love Gus but he is gone now and it is not David Lees fault that some people would rather support Tulsa because of their hate for HDN

Did anybody get the tacky dig he made by spelling it Malazahn? Shut up Houston! They should call you "High School" just from your stupid sophomoric attitude!

darkhogfan

Quote from: Hogwaller on May 23, 2007, 12:41:59 pm
Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 22, 2007, 01:26:46 pm
Would some of you really rather have Gus Malazahn than David Lee? Malazahn is a very good coach and has a lot of talent but Is David Lee not deserving of the job over Gus? Tony Romo paid for Lee and his family to come to Hawaii with him to the pro bowl. He said that he owed his success to David Lee. I understand many of you are upset because Malazahn got the shaft which I think the way he left was not right, but what I don't understand is how anyone can say Malazahn is better than Lee. Lee has been in the pro game and is well respected around the NFL. I for one think he is a great hire and support him 100% I understand many on here love Gus but he is gone now and it is not David Lees fault that some people would rather support Tulsa because of their hate for HDN

Did anybody get the tacky dig he made by spelling it Malazahn? Shut up Houston! They should call you "High School" just from your stupid sophomoric attitude!

Hogtastic14 will henceforth be known as "High School".
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

311Hog

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on May 23, 2007, 12:37:05 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 12:32:14 pm

Rather than,

10-4 failed season.

Thanks for trying to make us follow the way of Nebraska, but no thanks.

i wasnt talking about last season, but it is funny your subconcious thinks of last season as a failure, and i sort of do as well, we did fail to win a championship, we did fail to win a bowl game, we did fail to establish a servicable passing game.

And last time i looked Nebraska played alot better against USC then we did.

Athog

Lee no comparsion. He has coached in the bigs much more experience and not just in HIGH SCHOOL. That is not saying Gus would not have done a good job but give me the pro coach.

bigbrutha

I attack people on here who discredit coaches/players alike who are still here because of the mastermind Gus Malzahn.  311, I respect your opinions I've read because you are not one of those people.  That formation you drew up did have some serious athleticism on the field.  

cosmodrum

Quote from: Athog on May 23, 2007, 01:19:17 pm
Lee no comparsion. He has coached in the bigs much more experience and not just in HIGH SCHOOL. That is not saying Gus would not have done a good job but give me the pro coach.

So Gus didn't coach in college last year?

So experience is THE golden ticket? Even when that experience is poopy?

Go away, batin'

311Hog

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 23, 2007, 01:22:33 pm
I attack people on here who discredit coaches/players alike who are still here because of the mastermind Gus Malzahn.  311, I respect your opinions I've read because you are not one of those people.  That formation you drew up did have some serious athleticism on the field.  

I actually think the wishbone or some variation of it like Matt Jones Shotgun option stuff with Dmac is our greatest hope of a SECCG victory, and a bowl win, sure once Dmac is gone after next season we will be screwed with no passing game and very talented RB's but none of the "level" of a Dmac imho.

You are not going to take our passing game in its current state and turn it into a strength in one spring and some two a days practices.

OKhogfan1959

David Lee hasn't coached in the NFL he broke down film and played catch with Romo. You guys are jokes..

Don't all coaches coach at the HS level at some point? I would take the Jr High offense at Greenwood over anything Nutt-Lee have done. Those two together can't spell passing offense. Huggers get off the BS about Lee and the NFL..It's the same as FB and his experts...It's non existent. 

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 01:30:27 pm
I attack people on here who discredit coaches/players alike who are still here because of the mastermind Gus Malzahn.  311, I respect your opinions I've read because you are not one of those people.  That formation you drew up did have some serious athleticism on the field. 

I actually think the wishbone or some variation of it like Matt Jones Shotgun option stuff with Dmac is our greatest hope of a SECCG victory, and a bowl win, sure once Dmac is gone after next season we will be screwed with no passing game and very talented RB's but none of the "level" of a Dmac imho.

You are not going to take our passing game in its current state and turn it into a strength in one spring and some two a days practices.

We don't have to have a strong passing game, a serviceable one will do just fine, and that can be accomplished in one off season.

311Hog

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 23, 2007, 04:00:52 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 23, 2007, 01:30:27 pm
I attack people on here who discredit coaches/players alike who are still here because of the mastermind Gus Malzahn.  311, I respect your opinions I've read because you are not one of those people.  That formation you drew up did have some serious athleticism on the field. 

We don't have to have a strong passing game, a serviceable one will do just fine, and that can be accomplished in one off season.

i dunno man, it is obvious i have no faith in Lee first of all and even less in Nutt.  I dont think some people understand just how bad our passing game is. We wouldnt even run the 2 minute drill because it was so bad.

Proud Pig

I don't waste time hating a head football coach; and that kind of rhetoric is getting old. 

As far as stating preferences between David Lee and Gus Malzahn...that's a question I won't be able to answer until the end of the next football season.  I didn't give Malzahn a free pass, and Coach Lee doesn't get one either.  If the old adage holds true that "the third time's a charm", then Coach Lee shouldn't have any trouble proving himself.       

OKCHogFan

The coaches have to be able to get along or it won't work.

Hogphilia

Same old Same old....Assitant coach on Nuttboy's staff who sucks HDN's a$$ for him.  No innovation, no reaching for excellence...just same old mediocrity.  BTW, don't we ALREADY know what Lee has to offer?  If we didn't find out anything amazingly brilliant about him in 2 other stints why would he be any different now?

Can you say Malzahn (instead of Malazahn?) as Offensive Coordinator of the Year?

Hogphilia

Quote from: Proud Pig on May 23, 2007, 10:07:12 pm
I don't waste time hating a head football coach; and that kind of rhetoric is getting old. 

As far as stating preferences between David Lee and Gus Malzahn...that's a question I won't be able to answer until the end of the next football season.  I didn't give Malzahn a free pass, and Coach Lee doesn't get one either.  If the old adage holds true that "the third time's a charm", then Coach Lee shouldn't have any trouble proving himself.       
Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on May 23, 2007, 12:35:01 pm
Wait whose drinking whose kool-aid...

you guys go Springdale or whatever is tied to it, without looking at anything rational.

Apparently those drinking the water, or kool-aid, in Springdale just don't know it.

Call it what you want...plenty of people wising up to Nuttboy's deceiving ways and plenty of people yearning for INTEGRITY in our football program.  It is not just Springdale - that is what Nutt and Dianna want us to believe.  If it were only a small isolated group as Nutt tries to convince us, he wouldn't be spending so much time and energy travelling the state (states) trying to convince us of such.  He just wants everybody to shutup and worship him.