Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Nate Allen) UA’s Pelphrey knows challenges of uptempo

Started by Tomhog™, May 22, 2007, 09:03:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

" They are going to get a chance to do this or that, " Pelphrey said. " They don't understand how tough you have to be and how tough physical conditioning you have to have. There's a discipline to it. It's not total freedom. But there is a method to the madness, a physical commitment the players have to make to have any kind of success playing that way. "

Held Hawgstage

I love how the guy is lowering expectations. If you listen to his interviews and read his comments, he is slowly but surely trying to lower our expectations. I'm telling you, they start losing his excuse is going to be "I need to get my type of players". We have to win the SEC Championship and get to the second round of the NCAA tourney with this team. Anything less is a failure.  When a coach comes in and says we can win now and then starts to question and denegrate the players, beware and be very afraid. I'm on the watchtower Pel and I got my eyes on you.   

mtnmusic

My expectations have definately been lowered. The past several seasons I've expected the hogs to fade in the fourth from lack of energy 'cause they were dead on their feet and out of shape. Evidently Pel is trying to change that and give them a fresh set of legs brought on by more conditioning and you think that is a bad thing. Hmmmm.

OzarkHighs

Great read! I love how he is going to Nolan.

I can't wait for some BBall!

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

kcstar

Why should expectations not be lowered?  I saw that we were ranked in the top 20 for next season and that was before the two latest signees.  The Hogs had limitations last year and those limitations are still there. 

It would be patently unfair to place the onus of a top 20 pre-season ranking on a new coach of a team that was not in the top 25 last year and those same flaws that kept us from the top 25 are still present.  By flaws I am not talking about the players (I happen to like the players), just aspects of their games.  Besides that, the players have to learn the new system. 

I recall when Nolan came many fans, me included, expected the Hogs to play uptempo and blow every opponent out.  His first team went 12-16.  Nolan had even said that team was loaded with talent.

I think there are too many unanswered questions from last year  (point guard play, consistent outside shooting, inside scoring, ball handling, poor passing, not helping out when a player picks up his dribble to name a few) to be awarded a high pre-season ranking.  With that said I believe with the right chemistry I think this team can next year can be a very good one.