Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Baseball Scores - 5/19

Started by BayouBengalPat, May 19, 2007, 10:58:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BayouBengalPat

May 19, 2007, 10:58:01 am Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:32:26 pm by WilsonHog
Tennessee 5 Florida 0 in Top 1st, 2 outs and a runner on first.  Vols need a win today to clinch a spot in the SEC Tournament.
Geaux Tigers

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

WilsonHog

Kentucky 5, Auburn 2 - bottom 4

msudawgs64

UT 11, UF 7, top of the 9th, 2 outs.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

msudawgs64

Vandy 3, LSU 1, going to top of the 6th.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

msudawgs64

Kentucky scored 2 more, now 7-2, bottom of the 4th and UK appears to be about to stomp on Auburn..paybacks are hell.

BayouBengalPat

Vols clinch a spot in the SEC Tournament, 11-7 over Florida.
Geaux Tigers

msudawgs64

UK 8, Auburn 4, bottom of the 5th.  Auburn not going down without a fight. 

WilsonHog

Now Kentucky 8, Auburn 6 going in to bottom of the 7th.

msudawgs64

we spotted Bama 6 runs before we decided to do anything.

Bama 6, State 3 top of the 4th.

WilsonHog

msudawgs64

wow, Auburn put up a fight eh?  Kinda wanted to see them sweep that to end the year on a high note.

chiefsfan

What was the South Carolina score?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

May 19, 2007, 05:07:32 pm #13 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:11:39 pm by chiefsfan
Georgia up big.

if everything holds.   Ole Miss gets the 3 seed  South carolina gets the 4   Bama gets the 5   MSU the 6th   Florida the 7th

Here would be the matchups

2 Arkansas vs 7 Florida  10am 
3 Ole Miss vs 6 Mississippi State  1pm
1 Vanderbilt vs 8 Tennessee  5pm
4 South Carolina vs 5 Alabama   8pm
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BigDave70

Looks like Bama's going to win
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

msudawgs64

no...not correct.

the two rainouts help us, win or lose.  Bama just won but are .500 in league play, we still end up ahead of them with a percentage of .536.   South Carolina is still behind us at .533 if they lose to UGA.

So Vandy is 1, Arkansas is 2, Ole Miss moves up to 3, State is 4, South Carolina is 5, Bama is 6, UF is 7th, UT is 8th.

msudawgs64

actually I stand corrected, we are still the 3 seed if UGA wins, by .003 percentage points over Ole Miss.

again the rainouts ended up helping us in this respect.

chiefsfan

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 19, 2007, 05:20:23 pm
actually I stand corrected, we are still the 3 seed if UGA wins, by .003 percentage points over Ole Miss.

Did MSU finish 15-13 or 14-14??????   I had your record at .500  14-14

msudawgs64

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 19, 2007, 05:21:58 pm

Did MSU finish 15-13 or 14-14??????   I had your record at .500  14-14

15-13, two SEC games versus UT were rained out.

chiefsfan

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 19, 2007, 05:22:52 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 19, 2007, 05:21:58 pm

Did MSU finish 15-13 or 14-14??????   I had your record at .500  14-14

15-13, two SEC games versus UT were rained out.

Then our bracket is the opposite of Vandy's bracket

Vandy  Ole Miss  South Carolina and Tennessee, can you imagine the pitching on that side?  sheesh

Arkansas Florida Miss State  Alabama.  Even though MSU and Bama have both beaten us, none of these teams have anything close to the pitching on the other side of the bracket.   And considering how bad our bats have been of late, thats a very good thing

demonHOG1013

UGA 13 USC 6, bottom of 8th SC has runner at 2nd with nobody out

msudawgs64

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on May 19, 2007, 05:39:10 pm
UGA 13 USC 6, bottom of 8th SC has runner at 2nd with nobody out

USC scored 9 in the bottom of the 8th to win it, 14-13 final..WOW is all I can say.

USC is the 3 seed, we are 4th, Ole Miss 5th, and so on.

pigsooie1000

9 consecutive runners that reached base scored for the Gamecocks in the 8th completing a comeback from 13-2 in the 6th.  UGA waited wayy too long to put Fields in.  Amazing game.

tkhog

What was the final score of the game today?

Hogtropolis™

May 19, 2007, 09:56:03 pm #24 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 09:58:24 pm by Hogtropolis™
Quote from: tkhog on May 19, 2007, 09:54:26 pm
What was the final score of the game today?
Ole Miss over Arkansas 5-0.

msudawgs64

msudawgs64

y'all ready for the quote of the day?

After today's game. Ron Polk said....

"What happened this weekend was both teams accomplished what they wanted. Alabama got in the tournament, and we played well enough not to get swept."

I want him FIRED and now.  He has lost it, the man is certifiably insane.  Now we are the team that you want to play if you really need to get in the SEC tourney, Ron is only concerned that we don't get swept.

Ought to play out well in the regionals, I can hear it now.

"What happened this weekend was all teams accomplished what they wanted. except the winner of the Starkville regional which was not us unfortunately, gets to the Super Regionals but hey we won one  and we played well enough not to get eliminated in two games."

NOTE:  this assumes we even get a regional.  ;)