Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruz Williams from Pulaski Academy will announce his college decision at 9:00

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2007, 08:09:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Maczone

Sportsguy120

my friend who goes to PA asked him one day wheres he headed and he said its always been arkansas, he just wanted to visit some schools. besides isnt cruz the one who said "arkansas boys should stay in arkansas"

Fayetnam

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 10:04:30 am
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 18, 2007, 10:03:07 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 09:51:12 am
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 18, 2007, 09:46:33 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 09:39:32 am
Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on May 18, 2007, 09:37:40 am
Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 18, 2007, 09:13:55 am
Last I checked Houston didnt recruit Matt Jones to play WR he played QB here. So how would he count. Houston had nothing to do with him playing WR in the NFL. No way you can give NUTT credit for that!!

Matt Jones, Initially Committed to Oklahoma...as they said he would play WR, but would give him a shot at QB.

Nutt hired David Lee an Option Guy, and used the fact that he was going to have more option in his game play, and agreed to let Jones play QB....which convinced MJ to change his commitment.

Lest we forget...this was the wonderful year, Lee and Nutt put 4 different QB's in the UNLV (1st game) game and the whole time MJ was over on the sidelines humming a little tune to himself playing pocket pool until about midseason.
Jone NEVER committed to Oklahoma. Wow.

I believe he did.  If my memory serves me correctly, Joe Ferguson was the QB coach at the time Matt committed to OU.  The "story" making the rounds was that Joe told Matt and his dad that Matt would never make it as an NLF QB and that he should probably work on being a WR.  Matt committed to OU and about a week later, Joe "retires" from the U of A staff.  Shortly thereafter, Matt changes his "commitment" from OU to Arkansas and the rest is history.
That is not how I remember it, but I could be wrong.

I don't claim to have a great memory and I had no inside sources on this situation, but I think Chuck Barrett, Dudley, or Clay discussed this in detail on the radio once.  I think the crux of the situation was that Matt wanted to play QB and Joe made Matt and/or his dad mad by telling them that Matt wasn't going to make an NFL QB.  Joe did play in the NFL for several years so he should know something about what it takes to be an NFL QB but I suppose Matt and his dad had a different opinion. 

Nonetheless, I distinctly remember Matt committing to OU because I'm from Oklahoma and some Sooner fans were giving me crap over it.  Of that I am certain but the reason(s) why he did were only rumor and speculation.  However, I tend to believe that there was something to the Ferguson comments because within a week or two of Joe "retiring", Matt switched his commitment. 
I suppose at this point it really doesn't matter. He was a Hog and a great one at that!

Indeed.

The_Champ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

The_Champ

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

razorduck9

Is this one of those HDN is getting fired; Press Conference is going to be at 4:00 pm deals??

Landonhog

TheHogFan

Quote from: donewithdale on May 18, 2007, 10:38:25 am
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on May 18, 2007, 10:04:53 am
I hope you guys give Nutt props when Cruz becomes a Hog.  However, you'll just say that he always wanted to come to AR, kinda like LSU never "offered" the kids they didn't get...

Props for what?  The kid is making a mistake for what is best for him as a wr.  If its what he wants as far as where he will be happy in going to school and wants to be a Hog despite Nuttball then great for him.  With a 3.0, he should be smart enough to know the sacrifice he is making. 
A Razorback Fan? or Not a Razorback Fan? You guys decide......

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: IMAballHawg on May 18, 2007, 08:40:39 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:35:21 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:33:06 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:31:22 am
Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 18, 2007, 08:23:42 am
I wonder if he getting on the Gus Bus where they throw the ball?

Hopefully he's smarter than that....and I think he is.

Why is that smarter?  If I was a WR I would like to go to an offense like that.  I LOVE the Razorbacks so I would probably choose the Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

Because it's Tulsa....enough said.

How many Wide Receivers has Arkansas sent to the Pros in the last decade or so? 
And no, Matt Jones does not count.
Anthony Lucas played with the cowboys a couple of years until his injuries wouldnt let him anymore.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

hOUSTon NUTT

I hope you guys give Nutt props when Cruz becomes a Hog.  However, you'll just say that he always wanted to come to AR, kinda like LSU never "offered" the kids they didn't get...

Props for what?  The kid is making a mistake for what is best for him as a wr.  If its what he wants as far as where he will be happy in going to school and wants to be a Hog despite Nuttball then great for him.  With a 3.0, he should be smart enough to know the sacrifice he is making. 

I'm pretty sure this kid understands his position a lot better than some jaded outsider on a message board.  He does have a 3.0, afterall.  Go back to your hole.

jhudson84

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 10:42:06 am

Great no wide recievers should come here b/c of idiots like this guy and then he moans and groans we run the ball too much

Landonhog

If only you could get there in time to warn him!  What a sad, sad day...   ::)   :puke:

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on May 18, 2007, 10:43:23 am
Quote from: IMAballHawg on May 18, 2007, 08:40:39 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:35:21 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:33:06 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:31:22 am
Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 18, 2007, 08:23:42 am
I wonder if he getting on the Gus Bus where they throw the ball?

Hopefully he's smarter than that....and I think he is.

Why is that smarter?  If I was a WR I would like to go to an offense like that.  I LOVE the Razorbacks so I would probably choose the Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

Because it's Tulsa....enough said.

How many Wide Receivers has Arkansas sent to the Pros in the last decade or so? 
And no, Matt Jones does not count.
Anthony Lucas played with the cowboys a couple of years until his injuries wouldnt let him anymore.

Boo Williams is in the pros.  As was Richard Smith.

casken

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 10:42:06 am

Not mine to decide, I guess we express it in different ways.  For me, I cannot imagine the day when I would discourage a quality athlete from being a hog.  Until my dying day I will always want the best for the hogs, no matter who is the coach.

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

AlcoHOGic

I've seen Monk projected in the 1st round in next years draft. You are making a mistake by pretending to be a Razorback fan. I'm sure you got that big Tulsa flag flying from the garage.

Memphis Hog

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: AlcoHOGic on May 18, 2007, 10:48:37 am

I've seen Monk projected in the 1st round in next years draft. You are making a mistake by pretending to be a Razorback fan. I'm sure you got that big Tulsa flag flying from the garage.

BTW, girls like that don't go to Tulsa...

Yeah, this "we never put receivers in the draft" argument will pretty much be defeated in the coming drafts.

351hog

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: donewithdale on May 18, 2007, 10:54:02 am

I hope Monk is.  He will have to get much faster.  As of now, its not going to happen unless things change.

Michael "Molasses" Irvin.

Razorhog2006q

I'm a PA alum and know Cruz personally. You could fire Nutt now,hire John White as the head coach, and he would still be a Razorback. He was born a Razorback. If anyone had anything to do with his recruitment to Arkansas, it was Marcus Monk.

TMc

hOUSTon NUTT

Dee Williams = 6' 3"
Cruz Williams = 6' 4"

This is a nice start.  C'mon Joe Adams!

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: donewithdale on May 18, 2007, 10:56:44 am
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on May 18, 2007, 10:54:44 am

I hope Monk is.  He will have to get much faster.  As of now, its not going to happen unless things change.

You are comparing Monk to Michael Irvin?

The point is you don't have to run a 4.4 to be a great NFL receiver.  I didn't say MM = MI.  Geesh.

TheHogFan

Cruz a HOG!!!!! Something positive for a change! (even though I am sure some will find a way to spin it negative). This is great news for the PROGRAM, no matter who the stinkin coach is. Great pick up fellas, lets keep it rolling.

Landonhog

razorbass

Quote from: Cresthog on May 18, 2007, 09:07:13 am
Gus is the past. He is no longer a hog coach. Cruz is committing to us and we should be happy that he is choosing to be a hog. If he were to go out of state this entire board would be complaining about how Nutt never recruited him and never plans on having passing game. Now that he has recruited him and he committs people are complaining saying why in the world would he come here..he should go somewhere else. Cut all the crap and be happy Cruz is choosing to be a hog. He is a big time player.

and yes I'm back
You took the words right out of my mouth ;) :razorback: :razorback:

Beaverfever

Quote from: donewithdale on May 18, 2007, 10:56:44 am
Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on May 18, 2007, 10:54:44 am

You are comparing Monk to Michael Irvin?
Obviously not his point.  He's saying you don't neccessarily have to run a 4.4 to be a big time nfl receiver.  Especially when your 6-5 or 6-6 or whatever he is.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

U.P. HOGG

CANT SOME OF YOU JUST BE HAPPY ABOUT A GOOD RECRUIT PLAYING FOR THE SCHOOL YOU LOVE?  NOT THE DAMN COACH, BUT THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOOTBALL TEAM!!  GOOD GOSH PEOPLE!!

Welcome Cruz, and I look forward to watching you hopefully develope into a star wide out at the U of A.

Go Hogs!!

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: swisshog on May 18, 2007, 11:07:18 am
That's great because I sure hope the 2008 coach that replaces Nutt will throw the ball to him.

Man, you're going to Hate 2009...

SooiecidetillNuttgone

You guys are expecting him to stay a WR.  This is FrankenNutt we're talking about.  I predict DT by his Junior year, after having been moved to at least two other locations before then.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Question-Man on May 18, 2007, 11:23:23 am
You guys are expecting him to stay a WR.  This is FrankenNutt we're talking about.  I predict DT by his Junior year, after having been moved to at least two other locations before then.

If thats the case, maybe he can be the next Jamal Andersen.  That wouldn't be bad, right?

351hog

Quote from: swisshog on May 18, 2007, 11:07:18 am
That's great because I sure hope the 2008 coach that replaces Nutt will throw the ball to him.

You complain about everything....

I would bet if Jessica Simpson walked in your room naked you would complain b/c she didnt have her hair fixed right.  Just be happy she walked into your room!

Cruz just "walked" into our team, but you have already started being negitive.