Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruz Williams from Pulaski Academy will announce his college decision at 9:00

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2007, 08:09:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Cruz is a 6'5" Receiver from Pulaski Academy.

TX HOG

Sweet, come on Cruz
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Congrats on your decision Cruz. You will make a great addition to the future of the Razorback football team.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

TX HOG

Quote from: Joe on May 18, 2007, 08:37:02 am
  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Congrats on your decision Cruz. You will make a great addition to the future of the Razorback football team.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

He's made his decision?

TX HOG

Quote from: IMAballHawg on May 18, 2007, 08:40:39 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:35:21 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:33:06 am
Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:31:22 am
Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 18, 2007, 08:23:42 am
I wonder if he getting on the Gus Bus where they throw the ball?

Hopefully he's smarter than that....and I think he is.

Why is that smarter?  If I was a WR I would like to go to an offense like that.  I LOVE the Razorbacks so I would probably choose the Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

Because it's Tulsa....enough said.

How many Wide Receivers has Arkansas sent to the Pros in the last decade or so? 
And no, Matt Jones does not count.

He'll say "how many has Tulsa"?

Shocktheman

Why is that smarter?  If I was a WR I would like to go to an offense like that.  I LOVE the Razorbacks so I would probably choose the Razorbacks no matter who the coach was.

Boo Williams and Jason Peters come to mind.  Peters coverted to tackle and Williams to TE.  I agree that the HOGS have not sent many to the league, but again, neither has Tulsa. 

joebut18

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:41:16 am

You're right....how many has Tulsa??  Plus, it's Tulsa, a frickin' D-2 program.  If it's not Ark, Williams has offers from mch better programs who throw the ball, including Georgia Tech and Oklahoma State.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ET Hog Fan on May 18, 2007, 08:51:27 am

Boo Williams and Jason Peters come to mind.  Peters coverted to tackle and Williams to TE.  I agree that the HOGS have not sent many to the league, but again, neither has Tulsa. 

George Wilson is still with the Bills. Richard Smith was with KC for a couple of years.

TX HOG

Exactly, so since neither has sent many to the NFL, would you rather play in an offense that throws a lot or hardly ever? 

joebut18

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:52:58 am

Exactly, so since neither has sent many to the NFL, would you rather play in an offense that throws a lot or hardly ever? 

I'd rather play for a program that plays in a BCS conference and has coaches who know how to prep players for the NFL.  HDN has the track record, your boy Gus does not.

Shocktheman

GM's offense is still not proven.  Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing GM.  If I were a big time WR recruit, I would be leary of new, unproven OCs as well as a run dominated offense.  I would have to check out the other options. 

RZRBack_FAN

TX HOG

Gus is not my boy, I really could care less about the guy.  Why doesn't Arkansas get "big time" WR recruits? 

joebut18

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 18, 2007, 08:59:18 am
To bad we Just play in a BCS conference and not a BCS BOWL!!!

That's something we can all agree on!  This season better see a BCS bowl, or major changes need to be made.

TX HOG

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:56:18 am

I'd rather play for a program that plays in a BCS conference and has coaches who know how to prep players for the NFL.  HDN has the track record, your boy Gus does not.

How do youknow Gus doesn't?  Take the time to look in the NFL at the leading receivers over the last 10 years or so year in and year out.  Not as many from the BCS schools as you would think, and in some cases from schools just like Tulsa.  Programs that have had a HC put some excitement in the program and is on the rise.  I am not saying that a receiver should choose a smaller school due to this, but one thing for sure....if the offense is not one that has the reputation for getting the ball in the open field to a receiver, then you can bet your sweet butt that the NFL will not take a chance on him.  Also, do not forget how we devote so much time to the running game, and trying to sandlot a playbook around whoever is hot that year for us.  Receivers & QB's live or die by what they get out of practice in the form of skeleton drills and timing...which in most cases we seem to abandon when the season hits, and spend little time prior to it hitting. 

TX HOG

Why did half of the top WR's last year go out of state to play college football?

joebut18

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 09:00:45 am
Gus is not my boy, I really could care less about the guy.  Why doesn't Arkansas get "big time" WR recruits? 

Right or wrong it's because HDN has a run-oriented offense.  This is the reason Ark does get "big time" RB recruits.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

whocares

TX hog which are half the WRs in the state? The only one I know that we offered came to Arkansas so Im not sure what your talking about???

joebut18

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 18, 2007, 09:03:44 am

How do youknow Gus doesn't?  Take the time to look in the NFL at the leading receivers over the last 10 years or so year in and year out.  Not as many from the BCS schools as you would think, and in some cases from schools just like Tulsa.  Programs that have had a HC put some excitement in the program and is on the rise.  I am not saying that a receiver should choose a smaller school due to this, but one thing for sure....if the offense is not one that has the reputation for getting the ball in the open field to a receiver, then you can bet your sweet butt that the NFL will not take a chance on him.  Also, do not forget how we devote so much time to the running game, and trying to sandlot a playbook around whoever is hot that year for us.  Receivers & QB's live or die by what they get out of practice in the form of skeleton drills and timing...which in most cases we seem to abandon when the season hits, and spend little time prior to it hitting. 

My point is HDN has a history of putting players in the NFL....Gus and his offense does not.  That is why a player would choose Ark over Tulsa (among other reasons).

Big Dale

if he is like most kids here it has always been his dream to be a razorback. my bet is that he is going to arkansas.

TX HOG

Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 09:04:20 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 09:00:45 am

Right or wrong it's because HDN has a run-oriented offense.  This is the reason Ark does get "big time" RB recruits.

EXACTLY, that is why I understand if WR's don't want to come here, and it's wrong.  I know we have D-MAC but it's all about BALANCE.  If we have 9 defenders playing the run D-MAC is going to get killed.  Imagine how many yards DMAC would have if we had a decent passing game. 

Cresthog

Gus is the past. He is no longer a hog coach. Cruz is committing to us and we should be happy that he is choosing to be a hog. If he were to go out of state this entire board would be complaining about how Nutt never recruited him and never plans on having passing game. Now that he has recruited him and he committs people are complaining saying why in the world would he come here..he should go somewhere else. Cut all the crap and be happy Cruz is choosing to be a hog. He is a big time player.

and yes I'm back

Silver Hog

Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 08:52:22 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 08:41:16 am

You're right....how many has Tulsa??  Plus, it's Tulsa, a frickin' D-2 program.  If it's not Ark, Williams has offers from mch better programs who throw the ball, including Georgia Tech and Oklahoma State.

For the record, Tulsa is a D-1 program.  And they have beat the hogs before.

OzarkHighs

scb12

Quote from: Cresthog on May 18, 2007, 09:07:13 am
Gus is the past. He is no longer a hog coach. Cruz is committing to us and we should be happy that he is choosing to be a hog. If he were to go out of state this entire board would be complaining about how Nutt never recruited him and never plans on having passing game. Now that he has recruited him and he committs people are complaining saying why in the world would he come here..he should go somewhere else. Cut all the crap and be happy Cruz is choosing to be a hog. He is a big time player.

and yes I'm back

Is this confirmed Crest??

TX HOG

Quote from: whocares on May 18, 2007, 09:06:13 am
TX hog which are half the WRs in the state? The only one I know that we offered came to Arkansas so Im not sure what your talking about???

No, half the top WR's in the country went to play college out of their home state. 

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 09:06:22 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 18, 2007, 09:03:44 am

My point is HDN has a history of putting players in the NFL....Gus and his offense does not.  That is why a player would choose Ark over Tulsa (among other reasons).

HDN has put some kids in the NFL, I will agree.  I am also not one that feels our program died when Gus left, although I was excited that he was here and looked forward to seeing what he could have done.  However, my point is that with Gus being fairly new to collegiate ranks, would you not think it would be fair to reserve the comment that he does not have what it takes to get them to the NFL.  I for one would say that he possibly does, due to his coaching placing quite a few HS kids at the major college level.   

Cresthog

Quote from: scb12 on May 18, 2007, 09:08:39 am
Quote from: Cresthog on May 18, 2007, 09:07:13 am

and yes I'm back

Is this confirmed Crest??

just an educated guess. From gathering info I have read and heard on this kid he is a huge hog fan. I believe he was quoted by TRG saying "Arkansas boys should stay at home," or something of that nature. I just can't see him going out of state but I could always be wrong.

PaleHorse

Quote from: swisshog on May 18, 2007, 09:07:45 am
For the record, Tulsa is a D-1 program.  And they have beat the hogs before.

Yea, we have a 0.743 win% vs Tusa.

Last coach to lose to Tulsa was Frank Broyles. (He Lost to Tulsa 4 times)

http://www.razorbacklegacy.com/features/opponents/?id=109
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

scb12

I agree...usually is a good chance that they'll commit to their homestate when they announce so early.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: He will be a Hog and he has favored the Razorbacks since the beginning, this is fact.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

TX HOG

RZRBack_FAN

Last I checked Houston didnt recruit Matt Jones to play WR he played QB here. So how would he count. Houston had nothing to do with him playing WR in the NFL. No way you can give NUTT credit for that!!

solix

anyone know if he committed yet so i can stop reading all this blah blah blah

japhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 18, 2007, 08:52:56 am

George Wilson is still with the Bills. Richard Smith was with KC for a couple of years.

Anthony Lucas was on a couple nfl teams before getting injured...  that is 5, are there any others?

hogtheznutts

I guess the USC coaches didn't impress on their visit to watch him practice last week.  Oh yea he had several big time schools in and is a stud WR.  He will fill Monks shoes nicely and he's faster and as electric as any WR to come out of this state in a long time. 

86jacketstchamps

Cruz played last year at my home school in the semifinals when they beat Wynne.  He is a tall kid, with what appeared to be good field speed.  I will say that I hope that his hands are much better than they were that night.  He dropped more passes than he caught, with one where he was wide open with noone behind him to the zone.  The kid that impressed me the most was the young man who ended up breaking his brothers record for receptions that night, and walked on at Arkansas.  He is a hard nosed, get after it every play type player.  He caught everything thrown at him, in traffic and in the open.....With that said, I hope Cruz chooses Arkansas and has a great couple of years there.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 18, 2007, 09:13:55 am
Last I checked Houston didnt recruit Matt Jones to play WR he played QB here. So how would he count. Houston had nothing to do with him playing WR in the NFL. No way you can give NUTT credit for that!!

So he counts as a Qb?

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: hogtheznutts on May 18, 2007, 09:16:36 am
I guess the USC coaches didn't impress on their visit to watch him practice last week.  Oh yea he had several big time schools in and is a stud WR.  He will fill Monks shoes nicely and he's faster and as electric as any WR to come out of this state in a long time. 

He doesnt have the hands of Monk yet, or even close to it.  I am sure that is something he can work on and improve though.  Does have great size and seemed fairly fast on the field in the game I watched. 

headalphageek

Are we waiting on a press release or are we waiting on his brothers wife sister to call someone?

joebut18

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 18, 2007, 09:17:31 am

So he counts as a Qb?

Just what I was thinking.  HDN deserves credit for prepping Jones for the NFL....and as a 1st round pick. 

whocares

TX hog name ONE WR FROM LAST YEAR THAT ARKANSAS offered in state that left??? What are you talking about?? YOu keep saying half the top WRs from Arkansas left the state I believe Tuck was the only WR that we offered from last year inside Arkansas and we got him. Please tell me what you are talking about.

TX HOG

When you're 6'6 240lbs. and run a 4.38, you don't need prepping.  What did Nutt do to prep Matt?

Big Dale

no sire you are wrong. a good college coach will go after the player and not the position that boy played in high school. in other words, when speaking of college coaches a gooden will always look for  somebody that got what he thinks it takes to make a good ball player