Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Saban in Greenwood today

Started by moondog, May 10, 2007, 05:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moondog

To watch QB Tyler Wilson. Where's Houston?

The Recruiting Guy

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: moondog on May 10, 2007, 05:34:22 pm

Whether you like saban or not, you've got to admire the man's desire to recruit and win

moondog

Richard, do you think Ark. will offer 2 QBs?

The Recruiting Guy

jfb4ever

Saban was in Louisiana yeaterday, think what we might about his coaching, he will out work our guys!

DOGALUM

Not funny eh?   At least I tried.  ;)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

moondog

I've seen Youngblood and Wilson (from an unbiased viewpoint), and Wilson impressed me with his arm and poise. Youngblood is athletic but really raw. Plus he slings the ball with a sidearm motion. I think HDN may be scared that one of them (Wilson or Youngblood) will sign a MLB deal.

ballhog™

He was there with Major Applewhite.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

sasnakra1960

Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

ballhog™

Quote from: moondog on May 10, 2007, 05:40:15 pm
I've seen Youngblood and Wilson (from an unbiased viewpoint), and Wilson impressed me with his arm and poise. Youngblood is athletic but really raw. Plus he slings the ball with a sidearm motion. I think HDN may be scared that one of them (Wilson or Youngblood) will sign a MLB deal.

LSU, Alabama, Misstate, Minnesota, Kansas aren't scared Wilson will sign a baseball contract.

California, and Nebraska will be in Greenwood over the next week or so.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Choctaw Hog

Houston is busy texting for charities. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: sasnakra1960 on May 10, 2007, 05:40:41 pm
Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

Not true. Arkansas texted Lavunce yesterday.

jfb4ever

Saban isn't busy with charity work, his only hobbies is (P______ upseting) the press!

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 10, 2007, 05:44:51 pm

That texting just messes you up real fast.........You don't have time to recruit. ;)

DOGALUM

Quote from: Hawgzilla on May 10, 2007, 05:53:58 pm

That texting just messes you up real fast.........You don't have time to recruit. ;)
Houston likes to always keep one eye on the phone.

(if you don't get it.....don't ask)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

dacskc

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:46:31 pm
Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

When does that ban go into effect?

spraycanhog

If Gus was at UA he would recruit Tyler....he would turn Tyler in the next Peyton Manning too!
Instead Tyler is telling people he is going to play baseball,  we lost our Peyton all because Nutt ran off Gus!

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!
Hire Gus!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: dacskc on May 10, 2007, 05:59:08 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:46:31 pm

When does that ban go into effect?

August 1st 2007.

TheHogFan

Quote from: ballhog on May 10, 2007, 05:42:18 pm
Quote from: moondog on May 10, 2007, 05:40:15 pm

LSU, Alabama, Misstate, Minnesota, Kansas aren't scared Wilson will sign a baseball contract.

California, and Nebraska will be in Greenwood over the next week or so.
The problem is that our current commit is also a MLB possibility. Personally I think it would be foolish to offer two guys whop could both end up playing baseball. I would stick with Youngblood and then go after another QB where baseball is not an issue. That way you have your ass covered if Youngblood goes pro.

Or we can just keep complaining about how Houston sucks and not look at the situation logically. Either way.....

TheHogFan

Quote from: spraycanhog on May 10, 2007, 05:59:38 pm
If Gus was at UA he would recruit Tyler....he would turn Tyler in the next Peyton Manning too!
Instead Tyler is telling people he is going to play baseball,  we lost our Peyton all because Nutt ran off Gus!

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!
Hire Gus!
What?

TX SUX

He's in Texas recruiting a QB. 

TheHogFan

Quote from: TX SUX on May 10, 2007, 06:08:03 pm

His name is Kelly Paige and he is not a risk to play baseball.

10thPlanet

Nutt will wait on Pete Carroll's evaluation to see if he'll drive an hour down the road.

ballhog™

May 10, 2007, 06:15:24 pm #24 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:21:00 pm by ballhog
2 kids from Arkansas that are good Qbs.

Both have MLB draft potential.

I don't know so someone can fill me in on who has offered Youngblood?  anyone besides Arkansas?

Wilson has offers from LSU, Alabama, Arizona, Minnesota, Misstate, Kansas.

Tennessee has sent someone to Greenwood and California and Nebraska are coming soon.  So it's not like Wilson is choosing between sunbelt schools.  Whose wrong on not taking a chance on Wilson, Arkansas or those other BCS schools?

If Youngblood has gotten those same offers then I am wrong and will shut up about it.  Otherwise I think the Hogs are missing the boat with this kid.

ballhog™

Quote from: dkwvike on May 10, 2007, 06:14:40 pm
Nutt will wait on Pete Carroll's evaluation to see if he'll drive an hour down the road.

Funny and sad at the same time.

dacskc

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 06:10:23 pm

in addition to that, seeing as how he's from Texas, Dale & Co. probably haven't managed to piss off his HS coach.

rocksalt

It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: ballhog on May 10, 2007, 06:16:19 pm
Quote from: dkwvike on May 10, 2007, 06:14:40 pm

Funny and sad at the same time.
Sad but true. Dale could not recruit Tuna to an all you can eat Sardine party.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

stratpkr

I need to get me a new charity. My last one dumped me.

JoyDivision

Quote from: stratpkr on May 10, 2007, 06:37:51 pm

I need to get me a new charity. My last one dumped me.

sad but funny

CSNuts

May 10, 2007, 06:54:41 pm #31 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:57:06 pm by CSNuts
Quote from: ballhog on May 10, 2007, 06:15:24 pm

I don't know so someone can fill me in on who has offered Youngblood?  anyone besides Arkansas?

Tennessee has sent someone to Greenwood and California and Nebraska are coming soon.  So it's not like Wilson is choosing between sunbelt schools.  Whose wrong on not taking a chance on Wilson, Arkansas or those other BCS schools?

If Youngblood has gotten those same offers then I am wrong and will shut up about it.  Otherwise I think the Hogs are missing the boat with this kid.

Per Rivals:

Youngblood
Arkansas - solid verbal
Auburn
Mississippi State
Oklahoma State
Tennessee
Arkansas St.
Tulsa
Central Arkansas

Wilson
Alabama    
Arizona
Arkansas
Auburn
California
Iowa
Kansas
Kansas State
LSU
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Tulsa

Not to mention, Youngblood is on Rivals Top 250 List and Wilson is not...

Hogs-n-Roses

That fence around our state should have mines attached to keep this guy out. All the La., Fla., Bama talent out there why is he coming in here so often as well as that Carroll guy. Stay away! You too Tubberville.

ballhog™

I know Wilson has offers from

Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, LSU, Minnesota, Misstate, and Tulsa.

Does Youngblood have offers from all of those schools listed?  Maybe he does, or is that a list of schools that have shown interest?

Quote from: CSNuts on May 10, 2007, 06:54:41 pm
Quote from: ballhog on May 10, 2007, 06:15:24 pm

Per Rivals:

Youngblood
Arkansas - solid verbal
Auburn
Mississippi State
Oklahoma State
Tennessee
Arkansas St.
Tulsa
Central Arkansas

Wilson
Alabama    
Arizona
Arkansas
Auburn
California
Iowa
Kansas
Kansas State
LSU
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Tulsa

Not to mention, Youngblood is on Rivals Top 250 List and Wilson is not...

The real Hogules

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 06:10:23 pm

Yeah, but is Kelly a risk of sitting on the bench for his entire career if he comes to Arkansas?

Is he a better QB than either Youngblood or Wilson?

If not we'd be better served by recruiting ALL three, with the idea that "IF" all three ended up at the UofA, then we could move one of them to WR since we ALL know that in an HDN offense WR's are only decoys anyway.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HangTenHog

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 05:38:58 pm
               Saban was in Louisiana yeaterday, think what we might about his coaching, he will out work our guys!

Brave man....the LSU fans I know are really pissed with him. He was high on a pedestal in Louisiana and is now viewed as a traitor. They could forgive him leaving for the pros, but to coach a rival is really looked down upon. Something tells me that once/if he gets Alabama rolling, the folks down south are really going to be hanging Saban in effigy every week. Maybe we'll get lucky and the turmoil that's sure to be created between those two (along with Ala/Aub) will lead to all of them expending more energy between themselves and hence be a little more favorable for Ark. Of course, the caveat is that we have a coach that can exploit that.

Silver Hog

Houston won't show till the absolute last minute, if at all, and only after Saban has offered.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 07:12:59 pm

Houston won't show till the absolute last minute, if at all, and only after Saban has offered.

HdN is going to be there Monday morning.  When no work out is scheduled.  Weird.

Saban has already offered.

Retired Radio Host

yraciv

I don't know how good Youngblood will be, but trust me I like our chances if Kodi Burns and Tyler Wilson are starting quarterbacks for an SEC rival.  Don't get me wrong they are good qb's and I wish we got them, but Wilson could easily go pro in baseball and I don't see Kodi working out as an SEC quarterback.  These aren't throw over the ladder kind of quarterterbacks!  I guess Youngblood is.

Silver Hog

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:19:15 pm

HdN is going to be there Monday morning.  When no work out is scheduled.  Weird.

Do I know my coach Nutt or do i know him?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: yraciv on May 10, 2007, 07:23:20 pm
I don't know how good Youngblood will be, but trust me I like our chances if Kodi Burns and Tyler Wilson are starting quarterbacks for an SEC rival.  Don't get me wrong they are good qb's and I wish we got them, but Wilson could easily go pro in baseball and I don't see Kodi working out as an SEC quarterback.  These aren't throw over the ladder kind of quarterterbacks!  I guess Youngblood is.

Tyler is 6'3 and a work out freak.  Has great arm strenght (don't listen to what Rick or Chuck say...just covering HdN).  His Dad is 6'6 and the coaches believe that he will be 6'4 maybe 6'5 by his freshman year of college.  Expect him to be a big time college QB.  Doesn't look like he is as interested in baseball as Stegall was last year. 
Retired Radio Host

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt and his OC (the unemployed genius film splicer 3-time retread) said they don't need a skill quarterback, just a "bus driver".

yraciv

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:26:46 pm

Tyler is 6'3 and a work out freak.  Has great arm strenght (don't listen to what Rick or Chuck say...just covering HdN).  His Dad is 6'6 and the coaches believe that he will be 6'4 maybe 6'5 by his freshman year of college.  Expect him to be a big time college QB.  Doesn't look like he is as interested in baseball as Stegall was last year. 

Maybe it's cause I've seen him 7th through 9th grade, and one game last year and have never came away impressed.  He has been impressive when I've seen him play baseball and even jr. high basketball.  Either way I'm probably way off, but I've never seen anything to tell me this guy will be an SEC quarterback.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: yraciv on May 10, 2007, 07:30:57 pm

Maybe it's cause I've seen him 7th through 9th grade, and one game last year and have never came away impressed.  He has been impressive when I've seen him play baseball and even jr. high basketball.  Either way I'm probably way off, but I've never seen anything to tell me this guy will be an SEC quarterback.

There are many that think he will be an SEC QB.  Saban sure seems to.

However, I have never actually seen him play, so I'll watch this year and see what he does.  But the kid does seem to have some upside.

If you see him play again this year keep us updated.  I like hearing from people that have seen the guys play.
Retired Radio Host

BigoBoys

You should have asked him how much he would prostitute himself to coach the Hogs. 

jfb4ever

I don't believe Saban recruits many bus drivers????????

Purple Tiger

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on May 10, 2007, 05:36:12 pm

Whether you like saban or not, you've got to admire the man's desire to recruit and win

Crowten was there last week.

toshortrock

whoever says we don't need but one qb from arkansas is full of xxxx,we need each and everyone that is good,or we think is good,u don't know who;s going to pan out or not,i'm sick and tired of the excuse nutt gets everytime,go recruit the kid
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:19:15 pm

Come on, UU; you don't really need a workout to see if the QB can be a handoffer.

dacskc

Quote from: yraciv on May 10, 2007, 07:30:57 pm

He looks fairly impressive on film. You're probably suffering from the old familiarity thing. Like if your neighbor's daughter was cute, but not really anything special, 'cause you see her everyday, then one day she wins a beauty pageant.