Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But Houston Nutt is the one who is looking bad?

Started by arkjay19, May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brock4500

best team in thirty years coming up?  no anderson, houston,jackson,ugoh,mustain,williams, and others while not having a good quarterback in the SEC, I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it.

arkjay19

Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:38:02 pm
Nutts needs to provide proof of his innocence and this all goes away.  Just hand over the computers, Bozo, and whatever else is asked for and establish the fact that you are right.

innocent until PROVEN guilty . . . . . sound familiar?

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 06:45:23 pm
Quote from: pigs rule on May 06, 2007, 05:43:32 pm
Quote from: forrest city joe on May 06, 2007, 01:40:45 pm
                           He's Wrong. if we find out that he and his brother were behind sending an email like that to one of his own players. he should be fired on the spot. PERIOD! this guy got it wrong.
I think many things about this whole situation could have been handled better, but there is no evidense that HDN or Danny had anything to do with that. You are the one that got it wrong!
And you are simply ignoring the fact that the rest of the nation looks at Razorback nation as a bunch of crazies. You can deny that(which many people keep doing) but that doesn't change the perception.
And you can not tell me that this garbage is not hurting the program and will in all likelihood adversely affect recruiting.

There is circumstantial evidence.

HdN is not as well respected outside of this state as you seem to think.

and the Darksiders aren't near as all-knowing as they want to think.

Quote from: brock4500 on May 06, 2007, 06:55:39 pm
best team in thirty years coming up?  no anderson, houston,jackson,ugoh,mustain,williams, and others while not having a good quarterback in the SEC, I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it.

Really, Mustain and Williams contributed so much?  How about McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk, Robinson, Luigs, and Harrison who will all be on preseason award lists?  What about Felton, RoJo, Mitchell, Fairchild, Dacus, Hewitt, Grant, Richardson, and even your beloved Cleveland?  What about Love, Oxner, Crowell, Williams, and Tejada contributing?

everybody in the SEC lost good players last year, but Arkansas is STILL the most experienced team in the west.

DOOKIEHEAD

May 07, 2007, 10:56:33 am #52 Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:23:54 am by DOOKIEHEAD
                           He's Wrong. if we find out that he and his brother were behind sending an email like that to one of his own players. he should be fired on the spot. PERIOD! this guy got it wrong.
Only a fool would beleive that Nutt sent that email.  Use your common sense. And not the taxpayers money.

biggiepiggie

The writer says we're about to have our best team in 30 years.  Is he
serious?  That would include all of Lou Holtz and Kenny Hatfield's
teams.  This guy is drinking something potent.  

Big_D

Like I always have said " the further you are from the smell of the outhouse , the less it stinks....

We who are  in Northwest Arkansas get a strong swiff each and every day! Boy what a smell....

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 07, 2007, 10:44:08 am
Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:38:02 pm
Nutts needs to provide proof of his innocence and this all goes away.  Just hand over the computers, Bozo, and whatever else is asked for and establish the fact that you are right.

innocent until PROVEN guilty . . . . . sound familiar?
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 06:45:23 pm
Quote from: pigs rule on May 06, 2007, 05:43:32 pm
I think many things about this whole situation could have been handled better, but there is no evidense that HDN or Danny had anything to do with that. You are the one that got it wrong!
And you are simply ignoring the fact that the rest of the nation looks at Razorback nation as a bunch of crazies. You can deny that(which many people keep doing) but that doesn't change the perception.
And you can not tell me that this garbage is not hurting the program and will in all likelihood adversely affect recruiting.

There is circumstantial evidence.

HdN is not as well respected outside of this state as you seem to think.

and the Darksiders aren't near as all-knowing as they want to think.
Quote from: brock4500 on May 06, 2007, 06:55:39 pm

Really, Mustain and Williams contributed so much?  How about McFadden, Jones, Hillis, Monk, Robinson, Luigs, and Harrison who will all be on preseason award lists?  What about Felton, RoJo, Mitchell, Fairchild, Dacus, Hewitt, Grant, Richardson, and even your beloved Cleveland?  What about Love, Oxner, Crowell, Williams, and Tejada contributing?

everybody in the SEC lost good players last year, but Arkansas is STILL the most experienced team in the west.

Yes, i'm familiar with innocent until proven guilty.  BTW, how comfortable would you be with OJ as the HC?

We probably are wrong on some of our assumptions, but we simply can't be wrong on all of them.  The circumstantial evidence alone would require a monumental series of events that would make getting hit in the head by a meteor and surviving more likely.

I'm baffled as to why huggers resort to personal attacks on MM and DW.  They aren't the ones that lied about what offense was going to be ran.  They aren't the ones that sent malicious e-mails.  They aren't the ones that chose to hire David Lee behind GM's back, insuring that he would leave for any pasture, not just a greener one.

Also, why wouldn't ANY hog fan, hugger or darksider, not want them on the team, contributing.  Many of you huggers seems to bask in the afterglow of HDN running them off.  Is this just more cult love?  "Hey, HDN doesn't like them or need them, therefore, without finding out anything for myself, I'll just allow Nuttgod's opinion to be mine."
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

arkjay19

Quote from: Question-Man on May 07, 2007, 11:19:04 am
I'm baffled as to why huggers resort to personal attacks on MM and DW.  They aren't the ones that lied about what offense was going to be ran.  They aren't the ones that sent malicious e-mails.  They aren't the ones that chose to hire David Lee behind GM's back, insuring that he would leave for any pasture, not just a greener one.

Also, why wouldn't ANY hog fan, hugger or darksider, not want them on the team, contributing.  Many of you huggers seems to bask in the afterglow of HDN running them off.  Is this just more cult love?  "Hey, HDN doesn't like them or need them, therefore, without finding out anything for myself, I'll just allow Nuttgod's opinion to be mine."

it wasn't an attack on MM and DW, I would've loved for them to still be here, but Darksiders give them credit and glory, FOR WHAT?!  They didn't do anything!  The players that won the games last year were named McFadden, Jones, Jackson, Olajabutu, Ugoh, Monk, Cleveland, Houston, Anderson, Robinson, Hewitt, Dacus, Kelly, Harrison, Mitchell, Hillis, and many others.  The dumbest thing on this board is for supposed "fans" to give all the credit for a 10 win season to a first year college coach and two ineffective freshmen and ignore the contributions of other, much better players.

I don't bash MM, GM, or DW, and I would've supported them if they were still here.  My problem with them has nothing to do with HDN's opinions or actions, but with their lack of production and attitude about the situation.

HawgWyld

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 07, 2007, 11:31:06 am

it wasn't an attack on MM and DW, I would've loved for them to still be here, but Darksiders give them credit and glory, FOR WHAT?!  They didn't do anything!  The players that won the games last year were named McFadden, Jones, Jackson, Olajabutu, Ugoh, Monk, Cleveland, Houston, Anderson, Robinson, Hewitt, Dacus, Kelly, Harrison, Mitchell, Hillis, and many others.  The dumbest thing on this board is for supposed "fans" to give all the credit for a 10 win season to a first year college coach and two ineffective freshmen and ignore the contributions of other, much better players.

I don't bash MM, GM, or DW, and I would've supported them if they were still here.  My problem with them has nothing to do with HDN's opinions or actions, but with their lack of production and attitude about the situation.
Actually, the dumbest thing on this board may be the people who trot out the "10 win season!" mantra as a defense to any criticism of Nutt. Anyone defending that man should be careful about ridiculing folks who give "credit and glory" to players and coaches who have done absolutely nothing to warrant it.

By the way, a lot of us have despised Nutt for years -- the shabby treatment that Springdale bunch has little to do with the "sudden" dislike of ol' Houston.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Then explain, and give proof.  You claim lack of production.  MM requested to be redshirted, so he would have a year to get more adjusted to college.....SEC football.  HDN threw him in at the end of the USC game for no real reason other than to save his job, thus burning that redshirt year.  Yet for some inexplicable reason, huggers want to throw his TD to INT ratio and completion percentage at you like he was some sort of redshirt Junior.  DW was an SEC All Freshman.

On to attitude.  If you can provide some documented proof of bad attitude, I'll listen.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogtastic14

Quote from: malzhanista on May 06, 2007, 01:49:30 pm
The writer called the broyles complex, spoke with trainer for a few minutes, and puked up that column.
That writer is uninformed.
You huggers do not enjoy that excuse.

If you are so informed why don't you go follow your GOD and new favorite team on their message board. this is a Hog board in case you have not noticed. Malzahn coaches TULSA and your golden boy is transferring. Go Hogs!!!! Just because you have the loudest mouth doesn't make you the majority and because Beck Campbell says so doesn't make you informed. HDN is our coach and we should get behind him. Some of you are sad. We have posters who claim to Hog fans with A freakin Tulsa helmet as their avatar. Go figure???

DeltaBoy

All these National Media types have a mancrush on NUTTBOY cause he won 10 games! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

FIRE NUTT 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Break & Run

Quote from: charleyhog on May 06, 2007, 04:55:42 pm
Uncle Ugly, I did, just now, notice the man eyes's opening and closing on your post, thats cool

It's Ugly Uncle not vice versa...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

arkjay19

Quote from: Question-Man on May 07, 2007, 11:37:57 am

Then explain, and give proof.  You claim lack of production.  MM requested to be redshirted, so he would have a year to get more adjusted to college.....SEC football.  HDN threw him in at the end of the USC game for no real reason other than to save his job, thus burning that redshirt year.  Yet for some inexplicable reason, huggers want to throw his TD to INT ratio and completion percentage at you like he was some sort of redshirt Junior.  DW was an SEC All Freshman.

On to attitude.  If you can provide some documented proof of bad attitude, I'll listen.

I'll start with attitude - three sets of parents upstaging an entire Division 1A SEC football program - nuff said.  I don't care if he was just a freshmen, if he was just a freshman and had such a horrible TD-INT ration, why all the praise?  I criticized both quarterbacks for absolutely dismal play last year.  But both Cleveland and Williams along with ALL OF THE RECEIVERS were horrible at the end of the year.  Cleveland and Williams averaged about two drops a game in the second half of the year with DW dropping several huge passes in big games against Florida and LSU.

All three of those players and their parents should've put up or shut up, but they just kept talking and couldn't walk the walk.

If there is any "bashing" of the dearly departed, it's only in response to the unproven and undeserved praise that they all receive.

rcowen

Totally uninformed article.  Unintelligent, and uninformed.

Break & Run

Does everyone realize Razorback Nation is the laughing stock of the country thanx to Houston Nutt and Broyle's man-crush on HDN aka DMW ????
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

biggiepiggie

What Sports Illustrated is talking about is just the tip of the
iceberg and the Titanic is coming.

arkjay19

May 07, 2007, 11:52:36 am #66 Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:06:45 pm by arkhog9
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 07, 2007, 11:48:43 am
Does everyone realize Razorback Nation is the laughing stock of the country thanx to Houston Nutt and Broyle's man-crush on HDN aka DMW ????

nope, thanks to the vocal minority of our "rabid fan base" being a "primordial ooze" and a complete embarassment to the university.

OKhogfan1959

We look like fools to some and that's because they don't know the whole story on Nutt.

I don't care about how some 2nd rate writer sees us. I know as long as Nutt is here every fan I talk to from OU, OSU and Texas make fun of us for Nutt being the coach.

Darksiders are the majority and it's not close..I have challenged any hugger on this board to come on down to Fort Smith and we'll just spend a day in the Fort talking to Hogfans about Nutt and not one hugger has step-ed up and took the challenge..i think the huggers know that they are the vocal minority..And shrinking fast..Not many huggers left..

arkjay19

Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 07, 2007, 12:06:27 pm
We look like fools to some and that's because they don't know the whole story on Nutt.

neither do the Darksiders or else they would be able to prove ANYTHING.

i think the huggers know that they are the vocal minority..And shrinking fast..Not many huggers left..

yes, we are the "vocal minority" but not the overall minority or else ticket sales wouldn't be up.

sorry, but there will be 75,000+ fans there, whether you like it or not.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 07, 2007, 11:45:55 am

I'll start with attitude - three sets of parents upstaging an entire Division 1A SEC football program - nuff said.   I don't care if he was just a freshmen, if he was just a freshman and had such a horrible TD-INT ration, why all the praise?  I criticized both quarterbacks for absolutely dismal play last year.  But both Cleveland and Williams along with ALL OF THE RECEIVERS were horrible at the end of the year.  Cleveland and Williams averaged about two drops a game in the second half of the year with DW dropping several huge passes in big games against Florida and LSU.

All three of those players and their parents should've put up or shut up, but they just kept talking and couldn't walk the walk.[/b]

If there is any "bashing" of the dearly departed, it's only in response to the unproven and undeserved praise that they all receive.[/b]

Where are your facts?  Even JFB finally admitted that the parents were there to discuss curfew and tickets and other student athlete (not football) issues.  I ask for facts and you throw out an assumption.  You know what happens when you assume.

Where are any other incidents?

Lastly, I guess you make a feeble attempt at justifying bashing these young men because they were given praise that in your opinion, they didn't deserve?  WTH?  I hope you aren't a teacher of logic at a local school or college.
His response to me:

hogtastic14

I don't care about how some 2nd rate writer sees us. I know as long as Nutt is here every fan I talk to from OU, OSU and Texas make fun of us for Nutt being the coach.

Darksiders are the majority and it's not close..I have challenged any hugger on this board to come on down to Fort Smith and we'll just spend a day in the Fort talking to Hogfans about Nutt and not one hugger has step-ed up and took the challenge..i think the huggers know that they are the vocal minority..And shrinking fast..Not many huggers left..

funny I reside in Van Buren and it is as pro-Nutt as ever around here. Having a Heisman front runner, SEC west champs and a great team coming back should be enough but for all the lapdogs who want to rub the Springdale crew off it just isn't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Question-Man on May 07, 2007, 12:25:42 pm

I'll start with attitude - three sets of parents upstaging an entire Division 1A SEC football program - nuff said.   I don't care if he was just a freshmen, if he was just a freshman and had such a horrible TD-INT ration, why all the praise?  I criticized both quarterbacks for absolutely dismal play last year.  But both Cleveland and Williams along with ALL OF THE RECEIVERS were horrible at the end of the year.  Cleveland and Williams averaged about two drops a game in the second half of the year with DW dropping several huge passes in big games against Florida and LSU.

All three of those players and their parents should've put up or shut up, but they just kept talking and couldn't walk the walk.[/b]

If there is any "bashing" of the dearly departed, it's only in response to the unproven and undeserved praise that they all receive.[/b]

Where are your facts?  Even JFB finally admitted that the parents were there to discuss curfew and tickets and other student athlete (not football) issues.  I ask for facts and you throw out an assumption.  You know what happens when you assume.

Where are any other incidents?

Lastly, I guess you make a feeble attempt at justifying bashing these young men because they were given praise that in your opinion, they didn't deserve?  WTH?  I hope you aren't a teacher of logic at a local school or college.

Yeah, we don't want anyone striving for achievement or receiving praise for having done so........maybe we should just go the socialist route so everyone is treated the same? Not need to try to achieve then.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 07, 2007, 12:28:03 pm

funny I reside in Van Buren and it is as pro-Nutt as ever around here. Having a Heisman front runner, SEC west champs and a great team coming back should be enough but for all the lapdogs who want to rub the Springdale crew off it just isn't.

Hogtastic14 ='s
His response to me:

hogtastic14

wow! excellent rebuttal ???  :puke: You have proved.....well nothing, another great point from the loud mouth section of the fanbase who just likes to hear themselves whine

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 07, 2007, 12:36:04 pm
wow! excellent rebuttal ???  :puke: You have proved.....well nothing, another great point from the loud mouth section of the fanbase who just likes to hear themselves whine

Actually, I gave your amazing rendition the exact amount of time it deserved.....about 5 seconds of my time.

Now while I don't agree with Arkhog9, at least he's supplying what he considers reasons for his position that can be debated.  Thank you for playing.
His response to me:

HawgWyld

And, there it is, the simple explanation -- "it's those nasty ol' Springdale folks who don't like Nutt."

Sorry, but I've disliked Nutt for years and I'm not alone in that. I do believe you'll find people throughout the state who don't care for the man.

The Nutt fans need to stop it with their obsession over Springdale. Nutt's got a lot more problems than some annoyed fans in one Arkansas town.

hogtastic14

reasons?????? I guess you missed the part about SEC WEST champs, Heisman Frontrunner, and the preseason #13 team in the nation.......what were your reasons again????  :-X

hogtastic14

Quote from: HawgWyld on May 07, 2007, 12:49:49 pm
And, there it is, the simple explanation -- "it's those nasty ol' Springdale folks who don't like Nutt."

Sorry, but I've disliked Nutt for years and I'm not alone in that. I do believe you'll find people throughout the state who don't care for the man.

The Nutt fans need to stop it with their obsession over Springdale. Nutt's got a lot more problems than some annoyed fans in one Arkansas town.

no crap some fans don't like Nutt. Hell, I am sure every head coach in the nation has a group of fans who don't like them but we are the only fan base who has a group of douchebags who are such scum that they would try to ruin his marriage and humiliate his children. Way to go!! I hope you all who throw stones are free from sin

hawgwilde

Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 07, 2007, 12:55:01 pm

no crap some fans don't like Nutt. Hell, I am sure every head coach in the nation has a group of fans who don't like them but we are the only fan base who has a group of feminine toolbags who are such scum that they would try to ruin his marriage and humiliate his children. Way to go!! I hope you all who throw stones are free from sin

Don't start quoting biblical verses with the vile hate that spews from your keyboard.  You only make yourself look dumber than I'm sure you actually are.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

HawgWyld

no crap some fans don't like Nutt. Hell, I am sure every head coach in the nation has a group of fans who don't like them but we are the only fan base who has a group of feminine toolbags who are such scum that they would try to ruin his marriage and humiliate his children. Way to go!! I hope you all who throw stones are free from sin
And, there's the latest update from the militantly pro-Nutt camp.

Ah, the trouble Nutt could have saved himself had he not been too cheap to go out and buy his own cell phone and service for it...

hogtastic14

Quote from: hawgwilde on May 07, 2007, 12:56:37 pm

Don't start quoting biblical verses with the vile hate that spews from your keyboard.  You only make yourself look dumber than I'm sure you actually are.

two things missing to validate your post
1.bible verse
2. quote

the difference in my hate is I actually have proof of your groups ridiculous venomous talk because you trash him everyday on here for everyone to read. You on the other hand speculate and form your own conclusions without any real proof. If his explanation is good enough for his wife and she says no wrong occured is that still not good enough for you? I mean who the hell do you or anyone else think they are?

Seconds

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:28:06 pm
Quote from: cthawg on May 06, 2007, 04:22:25 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:21:29 pm
Anyone else see the irony in them asking us to prove HdN had any knowledge of the TP email...then get mad when we try to prove it?

How have you tried to prove it?

While I think HdN did have knowledge...and IF he did, then he should be fired and his office cleaned out for him...not even allowing him back in the building, that is not my reason for wanting him gone.

Anyone with a working knowledge of football can see that on his best day he is a mediocre coach, and should be released for just that. 

I will leave it to others to fight to prove the email connection.  I want him gone for football reasons.  So, no I haven't.  I just think it is funny when the bah bah group want to say "prove it!" then make HdN out to be a victim when people go out and try to prove it.

Like I said...ironic.

Post of the week. +1
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm
sure doesn't seem like it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

Pull your head out of Nutts ASS. Quit defending him so much and cheer for your program not the COACH!!!

Lady Hawg Buff

I'll start with attitude - three sets of parents upstaging an entire Division 1A SEC football program - nuff said.  I don't care if he was just a freshmen, if he was just a freshman and had such a horrible TD-INT ration, why all the praise?  I criticized both quarterbacks for absolutely dismal play last year.  But both Cleveland and Williams along with ALL OF THE RECEIVERS were horrible at the end of the year.  Cleveland and Williams averaged about two drops a game in the second half of the year with DW dropping several huge passes in big games against Florida and LSU.

All three of those players and their parents should've put up or shut up, but they just kept talking and couldn't walk the walk.

If there is any "bashing" of the dearly departed, it's only in response to the unproven and undeserved praise that they all receive.

The meeting with JFB, AFTER the emails were sent to MM for Psycho Lady (who just happened to be in touch with the head coach and his brother particulary around the time, the 'sent' button was pushed.  Head coach's wife (while her mother is dying), forwards the Mr. Interception King email, adding a note that the part of the Springdale crew was funny to other AR coaches wives and a Springdale business. 

As far as the receivers being horrible at the end of the year, was that around the time Mustain was benched (right around when the book came out that had comments he made as a senior in high school, before comitting to AR).  This is going to be a freaking Lifetime movie.

mword

Houston Nutt had been looking bad for a long long time.

prairiehogcompanion

Long after Houston Nutt is but an unpleasant memory, Arkansas football will live on.

It's just too bad that we're already doomed to further damage, on the field and off, for as long as he stays.

HuntinHog421

No stuff. I live in VB, and that's why it's hard for me to believe that the haters are the vast majority.

Well, of course this writer is uninformed! We Arkies know how it went down. We were there, right! This guy's getting paid to write articles. Crap, what does he know? It's just his job! He's against haters, so his words are definately trash.
Nutt is gone, so let's move on.

PiggyBack

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 07:00:59 pm

No stuff. I live in VB, and that's why it's hard for me to believe that the haters are the vast majority.

Well, of course this writer is uninformed! We Arkies know how it went down. We were there, right! This guy's getting paid to write articles. Crap, what does he know? It's just his job! He's against haters, so his words are definately trash.

I will not allow you to classify those who want Dale gone as "haters."  This is a true sign of someone who has lost an argument.  Simply call your detractors names like "haters."  Just like Dale, you are lashing out at folks that have a ligitimate complaint.

Do you HONESTLY think Dale had NO IDEA that TP was sending that email?  If so, I truly feel sorrow for you and anger towards ARSN for brainwashing you.....
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

jkstock04

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

Sounds like he's been talking to Chuck Barrett.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OKhogfan1959

Hogtastic..You're full of crap!! Van Buren is not pro Nutt and you know it..Don't lie to make your daddy Nutt look good..I know many people from VB and Nutt is as disliked in VB as he is in the Fort..I'll meet you anyday and we'll spend a little time around VB and talk to people..I would even bet a little $$$$ that Nutt would lose badly in a poll of VB fans...I live in freakin Pocola Oklahoma...Not Springdale!

OKhogfan1959

We know a lot more than some guy who calls the athletic department and talks to some moron like you! I guess you don't know but I work all around VB and no Nutt is not supported by the fans..He has a few dip craps like you and that's about it...

arkjay19

May 07, 2007, 09:16:31 pm #91 Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:27:36 pm by arkhog9
Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 07, 2007, 02:18:02 pm

Pull your head out of Nutts ASS. Quit defending him so much and cheer for your program not the COACH!!!

I AM CHEERING FOR MY PROGRAM THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE DAMN THREAD!  The fans who care about getting rid of Nutt care so over everything else including the success and image of the football team and the athletic department.  I can cheer for my program without accusing the team's coach of adultery or conspiracy.  And those accusing him and assuming everything, aren't making an ass out of anyone except for themselves.

Justme

I don't think adultery is mentioned in the lawsuit.

arkjay19

Quote from: Question-Man on May 07, 2007, 12:25:42 pm

Like I've said before, if the meeting was only about student athlete issues, then why did the PR guru Beck Campbell release this statement: "It was agreed by all parties involved that the head coach has the valid right to determine the direction of the program and the manner in which the team would develop."  Doesn't exactly sound like "student athlete" issues to me.

Secondly, I never said I was justifying bashing because I don't do it.  However, I do believe that most bashing is only in response to the non-stop man-love those guys receive from the Darksiders.

CorningHog

Most of the national media only see what they want to see.  They tend to make it about the "program" and the personal side is never examined.

Predicting that the best team in "30 Years" stuff points to the same knee jerk reaction to some of the fans that say they go only to support the players!  Bull manure.  If you are going because your kid plays for the Hogs, maybe...   If you have been going for any length of time and shelling out $35 for a ticket, $500 for a parking pass, $30 for food and drinks, $40 or more for tailgating (conservative) and the folks that drive up from hours away where their average Razorback weekend is more like $200 total spent per game, you AREN'T doing this for the "boys" on the team.

Whatever your motivation is, it is because you are a fan of the Razorbacks, first and foremost.

Some will point that Houston Nutt has done no wrong in this alleged stuff regarding his cell phone and the Springdale connection....Mitch, Damian and Gus.

Some will point that he HAS to be involved in it AND they want to know in what ways and to what extent.

Most want to know the truth, period.

There are those that predict doom and gloom no matter whether Nutt is guilty of something or innocent.....these folks feel that any digging into this matter will only decimate the upcoming season and why tamper with this "Heisman trophy winning season that will lead to a National Championship".

There are all kind of rationales involved and no matter what side of the fence you sit on, or straddle, just keep in mind that there have been way too many questions raised over the relationship of the Nutt family and Teresa Prewett to avoid getting to the bottom of things.

Hopefully the lawsuit addresses everything to the point that no matter what else happens, the FANS feel they had their day in court!

I for one want to see a resolution to this and questions answered.

Then we can move on, with or without Nutt as head coach.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

seeya

Quote from: wincrimson on May 06, 2007, 02:55:19 pm
Nutt sucks.

If he didn't have McFadden, Arkansas would be the new Ole Miss.

ALABAMA 2-6 IN THE SEC WEST. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL ANYWAY.

HuntinHog421

Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 08:06:01 pm

I will not allow you to classify those who want Dale gone as "haters."  This is a true sign of someone who has lost an argument.  Simply call your detractors names like "haters."  Just like Dale, you are lashing out at folks that have a ligitimate complaint.

Do you HONESTLY think Dale had NO IDEA that TP was sending that email?  If so, I truly feel sorrow for you and anger towards ARSN for brainwashing you.....
You're not going to allow me to use the word "hater"? Okay, your highness, I'll quit. Not.

HuntinHog421

Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 07, 2007, 08:45:22 pm

We know a lot more than some guy who calls the athletic department and talks to some moron like you! I guess you don't know but I work all around VB and no Nutt is not supported by the fans..He has a few dip craps like you and that's about it...
Ooooo. Dip crap. You got me there.
Where in the hell do you live. Van Buren is incredibly pro-Nutt. Maybe it's just your hater friends that you talk to. I work with strangers every day, and the only ones that talk about Nutt are the ones who like him.

PiggyBack

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:52:02 pm

You're not going to allow me to use the word "hater"? Okay, your highness, I'll quit. Not.

Of course I can't make you stop name-calling like a five year old.  What I can do is state my outright objection to your terminology and point out that you use that term simply because you have not one salient argument to the contrary.

Your continued use of childish epithets is entirely your business.  Just know that you look like a complete jackass.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

HuntinHog421

Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 09:56:13 pm
Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:52:02 pm

Of course I can't make you stop name-calling like a five year old.  What I can do is state my outright objection to your terminology and point out that you use that term simply because you have not one salient argument to the contrary.

Your continued use of childish epithets is entirely your business.  Just know that you look like a complete jackass.
I may look like a complete jackass to you, doesn't mean I do to everybody.
Oh please, like my name-calling is even close to the sheer number of the hater's name-calling. Look around the board.
My point is that every time some sports writer takes Nutt's side in an article he/she wrote, the haters immediately deem his opinion worthless and that he is uninformed. It's happened every time.