Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But Houston Nutt is the one who is looking bad?

Started by arkjay19, May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OKCHogFan

I thought Nutt's poor record was enough to make a change much less his poor leadership.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: woodworth on May 09, 2007, 11:16:12 pm
Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 09, 2007, 07:09:14 pm
You know what's sad? You know what makes me sick? It's you huggers who would do anything to prop up Nutt. It's the U of A..Not the U of Nutt..I swear you guys are so off the truth it does literally make me sick. 1600 texts to a woman and all you say is gossip? That's freakin retarded..

It has been stated ad nauseam that 'huggers' put Nutt above the program. In fact, I think it is the exact opposite.

People that DON'T want Nutt fired, don't want him fired because a.) we have gone to a bowl every year he has been here with the exception of 2 Harrod scandal-plagued years that NUTT HIMSELF said would be lean.....b.) we are coming off of a 10-4 season....c.) we have the potential to be even better next year....d.) recruiting is improving - while our recruiting rankings will never be top 10, our last couple of classes have been far deeper than our classes during the 'cloud' years a few years ago (if you want evidence, we passed on Broderick Green)....e.) firing Nutt right now would be a huge blow to the PROGRAM - the coaching search would be far worse than our recent bball search, and all of our present recruiting relationships would be lost.

All of these reasons deal with the past, present, and future state of the PROGRAM.

Now, for the reasons 'darksiders' want Nutt fired. a.) Malzahn, DW, and MM left - they are no longer associated with the program, and by many accounts, were detrimental to it while they were here - 'darksiders' seem more worried about these 3 who used to be part of the PROGRAM than those that are currently a part of the PROGRAM....b.) TP scandal - yes, the email was a terrible thing to write....but Nutt didn't write it! Even if he DID know about it sooner than he admitted, he didn't feel obligated to issue a public reprimand since public reprimands had never been issued for the countless emails Rojo, Reggie Fish, and others received. Again, this has nothing to do with results on the football field...c.) text message scandal - this ENTIRE scandal (and parts of the TP scandal) were started SOLELY by fans, who hate HDN so much that they don't care how badly the PROGRAM is negatively affected, as long as HDN leaves as soon as possible...d.) poor instate recruiting - this WOULD BE a legitimate concern (as it affects wins/losses), but so many fans are misguided about it that I feel the need to address it. Last year we lost two instate recruits we wanted - Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns. That was unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances (Ziemba's parents, Burns being 1 year behind Mustain). Nutt has lost VERY FEW in state recruits that we WANTED, and most of those have been from Warren.

All but the latter of these concerns have nothing to do with on-field performance (success of the program) and all about HDN himself. For this reason, I believe that darksiders put Nutt above the program, while 'huggers' put the program above all.

While your delusional ranting is amusing, I will ask you just a couple of questions, so I don't make you look completely foolish...

1.  What was our recruiting ranking before...then during...now after the "cloud"?  The same you say?  Wow.

2.  Why did HdN say that playcalling was overrated (stupid statement)  then say, "it is my right and responsibility to call plays" then say, "I can call plays as good as Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells" (really stupid statement) then opposing defensive players say "Our coaches only prepared us for 10 plays against Arkansas.  They told us, "once you have seen the first five plays, you have seen all they are going to do."" and then, one of our own offensive linemen say, "It was really frustrating hearing the defense call out what hole we would be running the ball through as soon as we got set in our offensive formation."  Okay, you can look all of those things up.  Now, why with a coach that is obviously as delusional as many of you are concerning his coaching skill, refuse to get an OC that knew what he was doing, then when forced to hire a real offensive mind (one that was NATIONAL...NOT SEC...BUT NATIONAL OC OF THE YEAR) run him off after one year, not be fired for his arrogance and ignorance? 

Do you not think that DMac would be even greater if the other team didn't know which hole he was running through?

Okay, that third question was really part of my second question.

Those are only two questions that I have for you.  I could ask many more, but again...don't want you to be overloaded with the obvious too quickly.
Retired Radio Host

woodworth

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 12:29:47 am
You know what's sad? You know what makes me sick? It's you huggers who would do anything to prop up Nutt. It's the U of A..Not the U of Nutt..I swear you guys are so off the truth it does literally make me sick. 1600 texts to a woman and all you say is gossip? That's freakin retarded..

It has been stated ad nauseam that 'huggers' put Nutt above the program. In fact, I think it is the exact opposite.

People that DON'T want Nutt fired, don't want him fired because a.) we have gone to a bowl every year he has been here with the exception of 2 Harrod scandal-plagued years that NUTT HIMSELF said would be lean.....b.) we are coming off of a 10-4 season....c.) we have the potential to be even better next year....d.) recruiting is improving - while our recruiting rankings will never be top 10, our last couple of classes have been far deeper than our classes during the 'cloud' years a few years ago (if you want evidence, we passed on Broderick Green)....e.) firing Nutt right now would be a huge blow to the PROGRAM - the coaching search would be far worse than our recent bball search, and all of our present recruiting relationships would be lost.

All of these reasons deal with the past, present, and future state of the PROGRAM.

Now, for the reasons 'darksiders' want Nutt fired. a.) Malzahn, DW, and MM left - they are no longer associated with the program, and by many accounts, were detrimental to it while they were here - 'darksiders' seem more worried about these 3 who used to be part of the PROGRAM than those that are currently a part of the PROGRAM....b.) TP scandal - yes, the email was a terrible thing to write....but Nutt didn't write it! Even if he DID know about it sooner than he admitted, he didn't feel obligated to issue a public reprimand since public reprimands had never been issued for the countless emails Rojo, Reggie Fish, and others received. Again, this has nothing to do with results on the football field...c.) text message scandal - this ENTIRE scandal (and parts of the TP scandal) were started SOLELY by fans, who hate HDN so much that they don't care how badly the PROGRAM is negatively affected, as long as HDN leaves as soon as possible...d.) poor instate recruiting - this WOULD BE a legitimate concern (as it affects wins/losses), but so many fans are misguided about it that I feel the need to address it. Last year we lost two instate recruits we wanted - Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns. That was unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances (Ziemba's parents, Burns being 1 year behind Mustain). Nutt has lost VERY FEW in state recruits that we WANTED, and most of those have been from Warren.

All but the latter of these concerns have nothing to do with on-field performance (success of the program) and all about HDN himself. For this reason, I believe that darksiders put Nutt above the program, while 'huggers' put the program above all.

While your delusional ranting is amusing, I will ask you just a couple of questions, so I don't make you look completely foolish...

1.  What was our recruiting ranking before...then during...now after the "cloud"?  The same you say?  Wow.

2.  Why did HdN say that playcalling was overrated (stupid statement)  then say, "it is my right and responsibility to call plays" then say, "I can call plays as good as Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells" (really stupid statement) then opposing defensive players say "Our coaches only prepared us for 10 plays against Arkansas.  They told us, "once you have seen the first five plays, you have seen all they are going to do."" and then, one of our own offensive linemen say, "It was really frustrating hearing the defense call out what hole we would be running the ball through as soon as we got set in our offensive formation."  Okay, you can look all of those things up.  Now, why with a coach that is obviously as delusional as many of you are concerning his coaching skill, refuse to get an OC that knew what he was doing, then when forced to hire a real offensive mind (one that was NATIONAL...NOT SEC...BUT NATIONAL OC OF THE YEAR) run him off after one year, not be fired for his arrogance and ignorance? 

Do you not think that DMac would be even greater if the other team didn't know which hole he was running through?

Those are only two questions that I have for you.  I could ask many more, but again...don't want you to be overloaded with the obvious too quickly.

I was under the impression that for as long as recruiting rankings have been around, we have usually been somewhere in the 20s-low 30s. If that is incorrect, I welcome you to show me the error of my ways.

Yes, you're right, I'm sure HDN thinks playcalling is overrated. I'm sure he makes brash statements comparing himself to elite NFL coaches. I'm sure the opposing team knows where every (or most) plays are going.

Sorry I didn't look all those misquoted quotes up, I guess I'm not as internet savvy as you.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: woodworth on May 10, 2007, 12:44:09 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 12:29:47 am

I was under the impression that for as long as recruiting rankings have been around, we have usually been somewhere in the 20s-low 30s. If that is incorrect, I welcome you to show me the error of my ways.

Yes, you're right, I'm sure HDN thinks playcalling is overrated. I'm sure he makes brash statements comparing himself to elite NFL coaches. I'm sure the opposing team knows where every (or most) plays are going.

Sorry I didn't look all those misquoted quotes up, I guess I'm not as internet savvy as you.

Typical that you would say that.  You ignore the facts and obvious.  You didn't look them up...but dismiss them as misquoted quotes.  I only gave you a sample.  You should really learn more about the ineptness and ignorance of the coach you are backing.  Education is a good thing.  Knowledge is a virtue.  You are worth waiting on.
Retired Radio Host

woodworth

Ha, I thought it was obvious to everyone that HDN never said those things. Care to correct me on that which we CAN look up, the recruiting rankings???

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: malzhanista on May 06, 2007, 01:49:30 pm
The writer called the broyles complex, spoke with trainer for a few minutes, and puked up that column.
That writer is uninformed.
You huggers do not enjoy that excuse.

This, from someone with the screen name Malzhanista   lol
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

woodworth

Rivals' recruiting rankings starting from the HS class of 2007 and going back to 2002, are:

30, 26, 24, 22, 29, 26

Don't know if that means much, since that was probably the beginning of the cloud years. Do other databases go back further? I would love to be proven wrong if you guys know where to find this info....

"I need that one. They owed me." does not come up in a google search. How else would you search for direct quotes from several years ago?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: woodworth on May 10, 2007, 01:06:45 am
Ha, I thought it was obvious to everyone that HDN never said those things. Care to correct me on that which we CAN look up, the recruiting rankings???

Yes.  You can look up the recruiting rankings.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: woodworth on May 10, 2007, 01:29:56 am
Rivals' recruiting rankings starting from the HS class of 2007 and going back to 2002, are:

30, 26, 24, 22, 29, 26

Don't know if that means much, since that was probably the beginning of the cloud years. Do other databases go back further? I would love to be proven wrong if you guys know where to find this info....

"I need that one. They owed me." does not come up in a google search. How else would you search for direct quotes from several years ago?

That quote was taken from t.v. and also from the ADG. 

Also, you can actually google "Houston Nutt quotes" and they have a whole website for it.  Keep going until you see the quote where he said, "they always pick us to finish last.  As long as we don't finish last, I guess we are okay."
Retired Radio Host

woodworth

Are you talking about the Thinkexist site? I just read through 4 pages of HDN quotes. None of them seemed inappropriate. None of them presented the context in which they were said. None of them had sources. Hopefully there is another site?

OKhogfan1959

On this subject...WE have never had as much going for us as we have now..Great facilities and Arkansas HS Football is catching up and producing more talent than ever before..Problem is Nutt isn't getting them...Why? Because HS coaches and kids pay attention=They know Nutt runs a bad Jr High offense with no idea how to attack a defense...The right coach would recruit better to that campus than anyone ever has.
Quote from: woodworth on May 10, 2007, 01:29:56 am

30, 26, 24, 22, 29, 26

OKhogfan1959

Huggers who call the people who want Nutt gone crazy fans?

Why did Stan Heath not get attacked? Why did no one bash Stan?
I say because he was an honest man...Nutt seems to be very shady..Just like the Boise player said..He's a used car salesman..It's catching up to him.

rocksalt

Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 10, 2007, 08:44:57 am

I say because he was an honest man...Nutt seems to be very shady..Just like the Boise player said..He's a used car salesman..It's catching up to him.

Good Point. I bet there are no hugger responses to that one.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

arkjay19

really?  the huggers are the ones propping up Nutt?  it's the Uof A not the U of Nutt?

if that's so true, then why do the Darksiders hold back all their contributions to the U of A?  their reason is because they don't like Nutt, right?  that, more than anything, is putting one man before anything else.

mikeirwin

May 10, 2007, 10:44:09 am #164 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:45:59 am by mikeirwin
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 10, 2007, 01:08:45 am
The writer called the broyles complex, spoke with trainer for a few minutes, and puked up that column.

This, from someone with the screen name Malzhanista   lol
It's pretty clear that Mandel talked to somebody in the athletic department for his research on this blog. He mentions "people at the center" of it and that these people are a "small but powerful minority."
This is what they believe in the athletic department.
The truth is there are no "people in the center of it" because this is not an organized movement. The protest proved that. If there were powerful people in the center of this they would have had more than 50 protesters.
What it is is a large group of ticked off fans who are not organized but individually they have managed to raise quite a ruckus. They are not going away which is starting to tick off a lot of people who predicted this whole thing would die down soon after the season was over.
Let me make this clear. Eddie Christian Jr. is not hanging out with Thomas McAfee. Beck Campbell is not calling weekly meetings of the authors of the 48 page report. There is no secret office in Springdale where weekly battle plans are drawn up to get HDN.
what's going on today is a result of ill conceived plan to....
1. Talk Houston Nutt into turning down an offer from Nebraska.
2. Offer Nutt specical considerations (a two year pass) not to leave.
3. Adjust the plan (bring in Gus as OC) when the fans got more angry than anticipated.
4. Step back and take no responsibility when the plan falls apart.

Ftsmithmike

What the hell. There is no Fire HDN headquarters? I will get right on that sir.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

bigbrutha

Quote from: rocksalt on May 10, 2007, 09:06:03 am

Do you know Nutt on a personal level.  No.  The only way to know if someone is a dishonest personal is to KNOW them. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 11:33:11 am

Do you know Nutt on a personal level.  No.  The only way to know if someone is a dishonest personal is to KNOW them. 

True Bigbrutha...exactly right.

Get off of HdN.

Leave Bill Clinton alone.

Those guys at Enron...you don't really know them.

I'm so sick of people just assuming that people are liars or dishonest just because they say two different things about the same subject.  Good grief...
Retired Radio Host

bigbrutha

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 11:54:59 am

Get off of HdN.

I'm so sick of people just assuming that people are liars or dishonest just because they say two different things about the same subject.  Good grief...

Uncle, have you ever once said two different things about the same subject.  Of course, we all have.  Therefore you and everyone else are DISHONEST PEOPLE.  Nice logic.

hogtusk

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 10, 2007, 10:44:09 am
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 10, 2007, 01:08:45 am

This, from someone with the screen name Malzhanista   lol
It's pretty clear that Mandel talked to somebody in the athletic department for his research on this blog. He mentions "people at the center" of it and that these people are a "small but powerful minority."
This is what they believe in the athletic department.
The truth is there are no "people in the center of it" because this is not an organized movement. The protest proved that. If there were powerful people in the center of this they would have had more than 50 protesters.
What it is is a large group of ticked off fans who are not organized but individually they have managed to raise quite a ruckus. They are not going away which is starting to tick off a lot of people who predicted this whole thing would die down soon after the season was over.
Let me make this clear. Eddie Christian Jr. is not hanging out with Thomas McAfee. Beck Campbell is not calling weekly meetings of the authors of the 48 page report. There is no secret office in Springdale where weekly battle plans are drawn up to get HDN.
what's going on today is a result of ill conceived plan to....
1. Talk Houston Nutt into turning down an offer from Nebraska.
2. Offer Nutt specical considerations (a two year pass) not to leave.
3. Adjust the plan (bring in Gus as OC) when the fans got more angry than anticipated.
4. Step back and take no responsibility when the plan falls apart.
Mike I think he was talking about you (people in the center of this) J/K
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 12:45:02 pm

Get off of HdN.

Uncle, have you ever once said two different things about the same subject.  Of course, we all have.  Therefore you and everyone else are DISHONEST PEOPLE.  Nice logic.

Sure I have.  We all have.  You just made my point by being a living illustration.

1.  "You can't know if someone is dishonest unless you know them personally."
2.  "Everyone is dishonest."

This gets better by the moment.  Keep going.
Retired Radio Host

bigbrutha

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 01:03:57 pm

Get off of HdN.

Sure I have.  We all have.  You just made my point by being a living illustration.

Talk about not getting the point.  It's called generalization.  If someone speeds once are they forever labeled a wreckless driver?  Keep thinking........you'll figure it out.

Ugly Uncle

Also, it is a little easier to tell when HdN or those other guys are being dishonest.

They have quotes in the paper and on T.V.  So, it is a little easier to point out their dishonesty.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 01:06:10 pm

Get off of HdN.

Talk about not getting the point.  It's called generalization.  If someone speeds once are they forever labeled a wreckless driver?  Keep thinking........you'll figure it out.

Nope, but if someone keeps speeding and keeps getting caught speeding...they get a reputation. 

You don't have much ammo here.  I like your persistence though.
Retired Radio Host

bigbrutha

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 01:07:44 pm

Get off of HdN.

Nope, but if someone keeps speeding and keeps getting caught speeding...they get a reputation. 

Thanks.  I'm tired.  Just so you know I never cared for Nutt until I realized the pure hatred others had towards him.  Like many others I feel he should be defended.  One more point.  If it weren't for the Hogs, Gus would be evaluating his incoming Bulldog sophomore class.  Before you defend him consider that.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 01:20:02 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 01:07:44 pm

Get off of HdN.

Thanks.  I'm tired.  Just so you know I never cared for Nutt until I realized the pure hatred others had towards him.  Like many others I feel he should be defended.  One more point.  If it weren't for the Hogs, Gus would be evaluating his incoming Bulldog sophomore class.  Before you defend him consider that.

Very real possibility.  Or he could have taken some of the other college offers made to him...

Now, in all honesty, I don't know that there were actually offers made.  I do know there were other college coaches talking to him.  So, I will accept your point that he might have been/probably have been still a Bulldog.
Retired Radio Host

rocksalt

Hey BigBrutha !  Back up and read - I think it says "Nutt seems to be very shady". You don't have to know someone on a personal level to get the impression that they are shady. They give that impression through their own words and actions.

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

bigbrutha

Quote from: rocksalt on May 10, 2007, 02:16:56 pm

Hey BigBrutha !  Back up and read - I think it says "Nutt seems to be very shady". You don't have to know someone on a personal level to get the impression that they are shady. They give that impression through their own words and actions.

true.  good point.  I don't know you and I get the impression you are shady.  ;) ;) ;)

rocksalt

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 02:27:50 pm

true.  good point.  I don't know you and I get the impression you are shady.  ;) ;) ;)

Oh Well ! ! !  Lots of things have been said about me both good and bad, some true and some false. As long as I don't treat people bad enough that I have to hide from them in town, and I don't have to "remember" what I told them last time I talked to them, I figure I just don't have to worry about what people think.

bigbrutha

Quote from: rocksalt on May 10, 2007, 02:35:28 pm

Oh Well ! ! !  Lots of things have been said about me both good and bad, some true and some false. As long as I don't treat people bad enough that I have to hide from them in town, and I don't have to "remember" what I told them last time I talked to them, I figure I just don't have to worry about what people think.

I was just kidding.

rocksalt

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 02:44:49 pm
Quote from: rocksalt on May 10, 2007, 02:35:28 pm

I was just kidding.

Heck, I thought it was funny !