Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But Houston Nutt is the one who is looking bad?

Started by arkjay19, May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggyBack

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 10:03:31 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 09:56:13 pm
Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:52:02 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 08:06:01 pm
Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 07:00:59 pm
Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 07, 2007, 12:28:03 pm
Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 07, 2007, 12:06:27 pm
We look like fools to some and that's because they don't know the whole story on Nutt.

I don't care about how some 2nd rate writer sees us. I know as long as Nutt is here every fan I talk to from OU, OSU and Texas make fun of us for Nutt being the coach.

Darksiders are the majority and it's not close..I have challenged any hugger on this board to come on down to Fort Smith and we'll just spend a day in the Fort talking to Hogfans about Nutt and not one hugger has step-ed up and took the challenge..i think the huggers know that they are the vocal minority..And shrinking fast..Not many huggers left..

funny I reside in Van Buren and it is as pro-Nutt as ever around here. Having a Heisman front runner, SEC west champs and a great team coming back should be enough but for all the lapdogs who want to rub the Springdale crew off it just isn't.
No stuff. I live in VB, and that's why it's hard for me to believe that the haters are the vast majority.

Well, of course this writer is uninformed! We Arkies know how it went down. We were there, right! This guy's getting paid to write articles. Crap, what does he know? It's just his job! He's against haters, so his words are definately trash.

I will not allow you to classify those who want Dale gone as "haters."  This is a true sign of someone who has lost an argument.  Simply call your detractors names like "haters."  Just like Dale, you are lashing out at folks that have a ligitimate complaint.

Do you HONESTLY think Dale had NO IDEA that TP was sending that email?  If so, I truly feel sorrow for you and anger towards ARSN for brainwashing you.....
You're not going to allow me to use the word "hater"? Okay, your highness, I'll quit. Not.

Of course I can't make you stop name-calling like a five year old.  What I can do is state my outright objection to your terminology and point out that you use that term simply because you have not one salient argument to the contrary.

Your continued use of childish epithets is entirely your business.  Just know that you look like a complete jackass.
I may look like a complete jackass to you, doesn't mean I do to everybody.
Oh please, like my name-calling is even close to the sheer number of the hater's name-calling. Look around the board.
My point is that every time some sports writer takes Nutt's side in an article he/she wrote, the haters immediately deem his opinion worthless and that he is uninformed. It's happened every time.

Since Nutt is innocent in your world, answer me this.....

How was TP able to reference the 'Butu/players only meeting the day before it happened?
How could the "email" be sent to HDNX6 and Dale NOT know about it?

These are questions you don't have any answers to, much like Dale.  These are also questions that most-out-of-staters don't know about.  How can you comment on an issue when you don't know all the dynamics?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

e_dub

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 10:03:31 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 09:56:13 pm
Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:52:02 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on May 07, 2007, 08:06:01 pm
We look like fools to some and that's because they don't know the whole story on Nutt.

I don't care about how some 2nd rate writer sees us. I know as long as Nutt is here every fan I talk to from OU, OSU and Texas make fun of us for Nutt being the coach.

Darksiders are the majority and it's not close..I have challenged any hugger on this board to come on down to Fort Smith and we'll just spend a day in the Fort talking to Hogfans about Nutt and not one hugger has step-ed up and took the challenge..i think the huggers know that they are the vocal minority..And shrinking fast..Not many huggers left..

funny I reside in Van Buren and it is as pro-Nutt as ever around here. Having a Heisman front runner, SEC west champs and a great team coming back should be enough but for all the lapdogs who want to rub the Springdale crew off it just isn't.
No stuff. I live in VB, and that's why it's hard for me to believe that the haters are the vast majority.

Well, of course this writer is uninformed! We Arkies know how it went down. We were there, right! This guy's getting paid to write articles. Crap, what does he know? It's just his job! He's against haters, so his words are definately trash.

I will not allow you to classify those who want Dale gone as "haters."  This is a true sign of someone who has lost an argument.  Simply call your detractors names like "haters."  Just like Dale, you are lashing out at folks that have a ligitimate complaint.

Do you HONESTLY think Dale had NO IDEA that TP was sending that email?  If so, I truly feel sorrow for you and anger towards ARSN for brainwashing you.....
You're not going to allow me to use the word "hater"? Okay, your highness, I'll quit. Not.

Of course I can't make you stop name-calling like a five year old.  What I can do is state my outright objection to your terminology and point out that you use that term simply because you have not one salient argument to the contrary.

Your continued use of childish epithets is entirely your business.  Just know that you look like a complete jackass.
I may look like a complete jackass to you, doesn't mean I do to everybody.
Oh please, like my name-calling is even close to the sheer number of the hater's name-calling. Look around the board.
My point is that every time some sports writer takes Nutt's side in an article he/she wrote, the haters immediately deem his opinion worthless and that he is uninformed. It's happened every time.

No, actually, you do look like a jackass to everyone.  Seriously.  It's not really even funny it's so bad.

hoglady

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 06, 2007, 01:49:09 pm
First, Mandel doesn't have a clue. 

Second, if mistreating Mustain in the way a majority (not a minority) of informed fans think he did is not a firing offense, then I can't think of a good reason to fire a coach. 

Third, who cares what Nutt did with DB?  I don't, but to those who believe it is a legitimate issue, Mandel didn't think getting a lap dance was a firing offense either.  See this link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/stewart_mandel/news/2003/05/03/mandel_price/

The Alabama athletic department disagreed.  What's worse - a lap dance or adultery?

I personally could care less whether some coach gets a lap dance or who they sleep with - Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone spent half as much time keeping their own life in order as they do worrying about someone else's.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

arkjay19

Quote from: hoglady on May 07, 2007, 10:39:58 pm

Second, if mistreating Mustain in the way a majority (not a minority) of informed fans think he did is not a firing offense, then I can't think of a good reason to fire a coach. 

Third, who cares what Nutt did with DB?  I don't, but to those who believe it is a legitimate issue, Mandel didn't think getting a lap dance was a firing offense either.  See this link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/stewart_mandel/news/2003/05/03/mandel_price/

The Alabama athletic department disagreed.  What's worse - a lap dance or adultery?

I personally could care less whether some coach gets a lap dance or who they sleep with - Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone spent half as much time keeping their own life in order as they do worrying about someone else's.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding  we have a winner.

HITCHER

You go Hoglady! He could nail a monkey in the locker room for all I care, but I do have issue with how he back doored Gus in bringing in David Lee......his ego got too big. Bet he wishes he had that move back, because his life has been HOLY HELL since that faithful Monday. Houston Dale may have mis-judged the feedback from the people a little you think? Now look where we are at. He started this, so he gets no pity from me!

HawgWyld

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:55:35 pm
Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 07, 2007, 08:45:22 pm

We know a lot more than some guy who calls the athletic department and talks to some moron like you! I guess you don't know but I work all around VB and no Nutt is not supported by the fans..He has a few dip craps like you and that's about it...
Ooooo. Dip crap. You got me there.
Where in the hell do you live. Van Buren is incredibly pro-Nutt. Maybe it's just your hater friends that you talk to. I work with strangers every day, and the only ones that talk about Nutt are the ones who like him.
Never, never, never trot that out as proof. For every person who claims they talk to a lot of people who love Nutt, you'll find another that claims they talk to a lot of people who hate the man. Does that prove anything? Not really, once you factor liars, friends with common interests, the natural tendency to discount opinions that don't mesh with your own and etc. into the equation, you're not left with anything that could be considered conclusive.

All we can really say is that the fan base is pretty divided right now and leave it at that.

Porkem

Spin it as you wish hugger...but WE know what happened...and so does Dale!
Quote from: arkhog9 on May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm
sure doesn't seem like it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Ftsmithmike

[/quote
Who commited adultry?
Who commited libel?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

razorbass

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

+1

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 06, 2007, 02:57:19 pm
Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 02:48:42 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 06, 2007, 02:37:44 pm
Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 06, 2007, 02:22:00 pm

I think that if those things are found true than he should be fired, but i agree with this writer that to the outside world all of this is making our program look bad. regardless of whose fault it is. if we lose nutt we will not get better at this rate. Oh and by the way. this adultery thing just needs to be dropped. first of all it is none of our business, it is a family matter, second we have not even the slightest bit of proof. these rumors of adultery are nothing but people who hate nutt. i am fine with investigating the MM thing because that is something you need to know about a coach and something that is school related. His personal matters no matter how wrong they are, are not our business. we need to just back off there. But i do think we need to keep looking at all the facts keep digging in the mm case but try not to make it so public. We want someone to be able to come after nutt who can win games.

I could care less about the alleged "adultery" except that, as an attorney would say, it goes to character.
An attorney would also say you need facts and evidence to win the case.  None of which you(who seem to be a small minority) have, which is nothing more than a bunch of allegations(better known as GOSSIP).  And if the allegations were close to being real then this case would have been solved weeks ago, Sherlock.

Yes, Mr. 108 posts, and you are steeped in knowledge of all that has "allegedly" gone on? Back up dude...........I have as much right to my opinion as you have to yours, without you getting kinda nasty about it. Limit your comments to what you "think" instead of taking shots at others.......you will find that your opinions will be more respected. As for your allegation that "this would have been settled weeks ago", apparently you are unfamiliar with how the law works. Give it time. I want it all settled, one way, or the other.........I just want to move on to football season.

Just my take.
OK here we go woth the most posts argument. Could it be that most fans didnt find it nessasary to get on a board like this and post until we found out it was harming the program and needed some balance?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Porkem

"Nutt and his allleged lies..." enough said!
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

OKhogfan1959

I didn't use dip crap.It was changed..You're just a complete liar..VB is not incredibly pro-Nutt and you know it. I talk to many-many fans and a lot of them are from VB and Nutt only has a few retards like you that support him..Not many left..

Ft Smith Mike..You aren't going to change anyones mind about Nutt in the Fort..I did my own poll and it turned out to be 185-3 anti Nutt..Even Grant Hall said on the radio that a bigtime booster said it was 10-1 anti Nutt in his circle of friends..
You guys who keep proping up Nutt are damaging the program more than those of us who want him gone!

Quote from: HuntinHog421 on May 07, 2007, 09:55:35 pm
Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 07, 2007, 08:45:22 pm

We know a lot more than some guy who calls the athletic department and talks to some moron like you! I guess you don't know but I work all around VB and no Nutt is not supported by the fans..He has a few dip craps like you and that's about it...
Ooooo. Dip crap. You got me there.
Where in the hell do you live. Van Buren is incredibly pro-Nutt. Maybe it's just your hater friends that you talk to. I work with strangers every day, and the only ones that talk about Nutt are the ones who like him.

Hogphilia

This guy is whacked.  Do you know any other University that would tolerate running off the most celebrated recruit is school history because he called the head coach a dork 2 years ago in an off hand remark?

This is a head coach who could get along with trouble makers like Bat Man Carrol, Mark Pierce, Ken Hamlin - even visiting Hamlin in jail....But he cannot get along with a Landers Award Winning, FCA Leading, Parade All American from 10 miles up the road.

FIRE THE BUM....NOW!

arkjay19

Quote from: Hogphilia on May 08, 2007, 06:52:18 am
This guy is whacked.  Do you know any other University that would tolerate running off the most celebrated recruit is school history because he called the head coach a dork 2 years ago in an off hand remark?

This is a head coach who could get along with trouble makers like Bat Man Carrol, Mark Pierce, Ken Hamlin - even visiting Hamlin in jail....But he cannot get along with a Landers Award Winning, FCA Leading, Parade All American from 10 miles up the road.

FIRE THE BUM....NOW!

do you know another school that would tolderate a top recruit calling the head coach names?

HawgWyld

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 08, 2007, 09:03:28 am

FIRE THE BUM....NOW!

do you know another school that would tolderate a top recruit calling the head coach names?
Provided the recruit was still in high school, probably about every program out there...

OKhogfan1959

Is this meant to be serious? You have to be kidding? I would have accepted the kids apology and moved on..I wouldn't have done what Nuttjob did and hold a grudge to the very end.
Quote from: arkhog9 on May 08, 2007, 09:03:28 am

FIRE THE BUM....NOW!

OKhogfan1959

Thank you Hogphilla..Short but right on!!

FIRE THE BUM....NOW!

Trottsky

rocksalt

Sounds like Stewart would fit in good with the "Good Ole Boy" group. Cover up the bad sh*t and emphasize the good sh*t. That's OK to a certain extent, but where do you draw the integrity line ? Stewart seems to have the "WIN AT ANY COST" mentality. As far as he is concerned, it doesn't matter who is ran over, hurt or ruined as long as you can find something good to harp about to keep it covered up. Yes, DMAC is doing great and we are going to enjoy his accomplishments. But do DMAC's accomplishments make Nutt's actions acceptable ? I don't think so. Wouldn't it be much better for everyone involved if HDN had handled things differently so we could REALLY enjoy this year with a STRONGER TEAM to support DMAC all the way. Like it or not HDN tainted the situation and he keeps making it worse. No amount of spin or cutthroat mentality is going to change that.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

boarhog12

Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:48:09 pm
Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 03:43:28 pm
Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:38:02 pm
Nutts needs to provide proof of his innocence and this all goes away.  Just hand over the computers, Bozo, and whatever else is asked for and establish the fact that you are right.
You don't hand over anything to prove your innocence.   It would just open up another can of worms.  This isn't the country of guily until proven innocent. 
Well, maybe the Court will make him hand them over.  That's what the lawsuit is about.
How you can "prove" innocence? Thats why in this country you're innocent intill proven guilty. This is something a lot of posters have forgotten. Short history lesson, some years ago when a town's overzealous police dept ( I think it was in Washington state) was convinced that the children in the grade school was being abused by a witch coven. This "coven" was made up of parents, teachers, preachers just about everyone in town. Families were broken up, husbands accused wives. Kids was taken away from parents and put in foster homes. This happened because a state social worker "interviewed" a 6 year old. All the cops needed was for the members of the coven to do was prove their innocence and it would all go away.

hawgsav1

Uh...there is a difference there.  Mike Price used university funds to pay strippers and hookers on the order of thousands of dollars.  That is why he got fired. 

HDN's phone is allowed to be for his private use according to his contract.  The university pays for his cell plan and as long as he doesn't exceed it he can use it to call the local newslady or his mom for that matter (no more jabs about texting recruits cuz that is a different matter to be discussed in a different thread).

I agree with one of the posts I saw here.  If you want HDN gone, kick him out for football reasons.  That's justifiable (although not after this season.  Besides, we can't get a football coach in such a short time).  Coaches have players transfer for many reasons.  Eric Wright transferred from USC because Carroll would make fun of him at practice.  Other players are well known to have transferred for coaches being mean to them (and doing many things worse then sending rude emails).  Unfortunately, they are not legally fireable offenses.  Besides, the only proof now is circumstantial evidence.  If someone ever finds out the text message content then maybe we can know for sure, which is what's necessary to prove him culpable for a non-fireable offense.

National media perception is very important, despite whatever people may say.  No one wants to let other outsiders define them.  However, most likely, if Nutt gets fired, the replacement will come from outside and most likely, his opinion will be that of an outsider.  If he believes that fans are psycho then he will be less-likely to come here. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

arkjay19

May 08, 2007, 05:56:42 pm #121 Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:45:11 pm by arkhog9
great post hawgsav1,  +1

OKhogfan1959

Any coach will be an improvement! I do mean any!

hoglady

hawgsav1 - really liked your post - made ALOT of sense
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 07, 2007, 09:26:54 pm
Quote from: Question-Man on May 07, 2007, 12:25:42 pm
Where are your facts?  Even JFB finally admitted that the parents were there to discuss curfew and tickets and other student athlete (not football) issues.  I ask for facts and you throw out an assumption.  You know what happens when you assume.

Lastly, I guess you make a feeble attempt at justifying bashing these young men because they were given praise that in your opinion, they didn't deserve?  WTH?  I hope you aren't a teacher of logic at a local school or college.

Like I've said before, if the meeting was only about student athlete issues, then why did the PR guru Beck Campbell release this statement: "It was agreed by all parties involved that the head coach has the valid right to determine the direction of the program and the manner in which the team would develop."  Doesn't exactly sound like "student athlete" issues to me.

Secondly, I never said I was justifying bashing because I don't do it.  However, I do believe that most bashing is only in response to the non-stop man-love those guys receive from the Darksiders.

JFB himself came back and stated that this was what was discussed.  Also, I'm not sure what context her statement was provided in.  I was under the impression that she had been specifically asked that question, and that was her response.  Either way.......

Question for you:
How would you as a parent feel if your son, who could have gone anywhere and probably has aspirations towards the NFL, decided to go to UA for two reasons.  1) He loves the Hogs.  2) The offense was promised to be modernized to allow your son, other athletes, and the program in general to become more competitive as well as more attractive for other athletes in the future (Note the "Turn Gus Loose" statement).  Also, that bill of goods ends up being sold to several other student athletes as well (See London Crawford, DW, BC, etc.)  Don't forget about your son wanting to be redshirted but unbeknownst to either the QB coach or the "OC", Nutt boy throws him in at the end of a blow out for no other reason that to save his own hide with the fans.  Then, it's as obvious as the smell of dog poop on the bottom of your shoe that Nutt boy is not allowing HUNH or a more balanced passing attack to be implemented.   (This doesn't even touch all the smoke and mirrors, lack of integrity shenanigans either.)

To even compare what a concerned parent said, to an outright lie from a HC is ludicrous to me.  Still, I'm curious what your response is.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ksrazorback

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 06, 2007, 01:44:32 pm
Quote from: forrest city joe on May 06, 2007, 01:40:45 pm
                           He's Wrong. if we find out that he and his brother were behind sending an email like that to one of his own players. he should be fired on the spot. PERIOD! this guy got it wrong.

of course, everybody's wrong except for us genius Razorback fans, they just need to stop picking on us, wah wah wah wah.  gimme a break

Yep +1

Go Razorbacks ~ Go DMAC
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

redbarn

I agree with Uncle Uglly.  I don't care about his personal life.  But when he ignores things like the Theresa Prewitt email along with his coaching record and recruiting, it is time to find a new coach.  He is either burnt out, doesn't care, or is too mediocre for the Razorbacks.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: redbarn on May 09, 2007, 09:00:12 am
I agree with Uncle Uglly.  I don't care about his personal life.  But when he ignores things like the Theresa Prewitt email along with his coaching record and recruiting, it is time to find a new coach.  He is either burnt out, doesn't care, or is too mediocre for the Razorbacks.

Agreed.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

rocksalt

Yes, the term "unprofessional" comes to mind. Not a good quality for a Head Coach anywhere.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

Silver Hog

Quote from: rocksalt on May 09, 2007, 09:07:13 am

Yes, the term "unprofessional" comes to mind. Not a good quality for a Head Coach anywhere.

The term "mediocre loser" comes to mind too.

MsNuttsandBolts

Good posts. Who cares about adultry. Like 60 % of Americans do that. Lets talk about recruiting. He lets our top in-state recruits slip right through our fingertips and these kids grew up wanting to be HOGS.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

porkchopscott

Wow arent you a peach I think the bad press has well passed the good press.. Keep huggin

Bigfoot

Quote from: malzhanista on May 06, 2007, 01:49:30 pm
The writer called the broyles complex, spoke with trainer for a few minutes, and puked up that column.
That writer is uninformed.
You huggers do not enjoy that excuse.
but you are correctly informed?????????????

Bigfoot

Quote from: MsNuttsandBolts on May 09, 2007, 10:57:21 am

Good posts. Who cares about adultry. Like 60 % of Americans do that. Lets talk about recruiting. He lets our top in-state recruits slip right through our fingertips and these kids grew up wanting to be HOGS.
where has it been proven that HOUSTON NUTT commited ADULTERY?  nothing has been proven! just gossip!

bigbrutha

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 03:56:46 pm
That we are a "vocal minority" is just an allegation.  Prove it.

Prove you're not.

porkchopscott

I think some of these Huggers need to stop kissing ()() <<<< you know who you are. ;)

ksrazorback

When all Dorksiders have is innuendos and non-facts, there really is nothing, except to start calling names to get poster off subject.... humm!!

Go Razorbacks ~ Go DMAC... Running for the Heisman!!

Quote from: MsNuttsandBolts on May 09, 2007, 10:57:21 am

Quote from: porkchopscott on May 09, 2007, 11:17:01 am

Wow arent you a peach I think the bad press has well passed the good press.. Keep huggin

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

ksrazorback

Not a hugger or hater...

Sure seems like a lot of innuendos not backed up with facts, they just keep spewing out. That seems to define a Dorksider... and your right we know who they are!!    :)  smooch!!

Quote from: porkchopscott on May 09, 2007, 11:37:05 am
I think some of these Huggers need to stop kissing ()() <<<< you know who you are. ;)
Razorbacks:

Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

porkchopscott

Quote from: ksrazorback on May 09, 2007, 11:51:38 am
Not a hugger or hater...

Sure seems like a lot of innuendos not backed up with facts, they just keep spewing out. That seems to define a Dorksider... and your right we know who they are!!    :)  smooch!!

Quote from: porkchopscott on May 09, 2007, 11:37:05 am

DING DING DING we have a real winner

arkjay19

Quote from: Question-Man on May 09, 2007, 08:39:47 am
Where are your facts?  Even JFB finally admitted that the parents were there to discuss curfew and tickets and other student athlete (not football) issues.  I ask for facts and you throw out an assumption.  You know what happens when you assume.

Lastly, I guess you make a feeble attempt at justifying bashing these young men because they were given praise that in your opinion, they didn't deserve?  WTH?  I hope you aren't a teacher of logic at a local school or college.

Like I've said before, if the meeting was only about student athlete issues, then why did the PR guru Beck Campbell release this statement: "It was agreed by all parties involved that the head coach has the valid right to determine the direction of the program and the manner in which the team would develop."  Doesn't exactly sound like "student athlete" issues to me.

Secondly, I never said I was justifying bashing because I don't do it.  However, I do believe that most bashing is only in response to the non-stop man-love those guys receive from the Darksiders.

JFB himself came back and stated that this was what was discussed.  Also, I'm not sure what context her statement was provided in.  I was under the impression that she had been specifically asked that question, and that was her response.  Either way.......

Question for you:
How would you as a parent feel if your son, who could have gone anywhere and probably has aspirations towards the NFL, decided to go to UA for two reasons.  1) He loves the Hogs.  2) The offense was promised to be modernized to allow your son, other athletes, and the program in general to become more competitive as well as more attractive for other athletes in the future (Note the "Turn Gus Loose" statement).  Also, that bill of goods ends up being sold to several other student athletes as well (See London Crawford, DW, BC, etc.)  Don't forget about your son wanting to be redshirted but unbeknownst to either the QB coach or the "OC", Nutt boy throws him in at the end of a blow out for no other reason that to save his own hide with the fans.  Then, it's as obvious as the smell of dog poop on the bottom of your shoe that Nutt boy is not allowing HUNH or a more balanced passing attack to be implemented.   (This doesn't even touch all the smoke and mirrors, lack of integrity shenanigans either.)

To even compare what a concerned parent said, to an outright lie from a HC is ludicrous to me.  Still, I'm curious what your response is.

He was on a team that won 10 games in which he started 8 of them and we knew he was gonna be the front runner in the summer.  Why does it have to matter what the freakin offense is?  I think they should have just took it and played with it; getting DMac's backfire publicity would've helped him some too ya know.

Now, I will say that some of the other supposed crap like bad treament by the trainer and stuff may have persuaded me to think of telling my kid to look at transfer options, but I've always been a "stick it out" kinda guy, and if MM is anywhere near as good as his fan base wants to believe, than he could've led some very good teams at Arkansas, no matter what the offense is.

bigbrutha

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 09, 2007, 12:50:28 pm
Quote from: Question-Man on May 09, 2007, 08:39:47 am

Question for you:
How would you as a parent feel if your son, who could have gone anywhere and probably has aspirations towards the NFL, decided to go to UA for two reasons.  1) He loves the Hogs.  2) The offense was promised to be modernized to allow your son, other athletes, and the program in general to become more competitive as well as more attractive for other athletes in the future (Note the "Turn Gus Loose" statement).  Also, that bill of goods ends up being sold to several other student athletes as well (See London Crawford, DW, BC, etc.)  Don't forget about your son wanting to be redshirted but unbeknownst to either the QB coach or the "OC", Nutt boy throws him in at the end of a blow out for no other reason that to save his own hide with the fans.  Then, it's as obvious as the smell of dog poop on the bottom of your shoe that Nutt boy is not allowing HUNH or a more balanced passing attack to be implemented.   (This doesn't even touch all the smoke and mirrors, lack of integrity shenanigans either.)

He was on a team that won 10 games in which he started 8 of them and we knew he was gonna be the front runner in the summer.  Why does it have to matter what the freakin offense is?  I think they should have just took it and played with it; getting DMac's backfire publicity would've helped him some too ya know.

Now, I will say that some of the other supposed crap like bad treament by the trainer and stuff may have persuaded me to think of telling my kid to look at transfer options, but I've always been a "stick it out" kinda guy, and if MM is anywhere near as good as his fan base wants to believe, than he could've led some very good teams at Arkansas, no matter what the offense is.

The MM huggers think every D-1 and probably NFL team should run the offense Mitch is used to.  It's laughable. 

razrrrfan

Guys! Please listen to yourselves!!! Please!
The writer of this column has nothing to do with the state of AR.  This is how our situation is viewed from everyone outside.

You are absolutely out of control.  He is 100% correct with everything he wrote.

We could be on the verge of destiny, and everyone would rather whine and complain about MM's feelings getting hurt, or about a cell phone????

I do not get it.

Its disgusting.  And I honestly hope that this state can recover from this sooner than later, but I really do not think that will happen.

I feel so sorry for our outstanding football players, who take pride in putting on that uniform and running through the A.  They play their hearts out every Sat, and run til they puke in 2-adays in 100 degree weather. This season is jaded.  And I dont think it can be made right

I just honestly cant take this anymore.  Im sickened to be a fan

razrrrfan

razrrrfan

Ravid fans that will do anything to have NUTT gone are now the jokes of D-1 college football.

Pretty funny if you ask me

arkjay19

Quote from: razrrrfan on May 09, 2007, 04:59:53 pm
Ravid fans that will do anything to have NUTT gone are now the jokes of D-1 college football.

Pretty funny if you ask me

pretty sad too though

razorbass

They're not just the ones with the big mouths ;D

OKhogfan1959

You know what's sad? You know what makes me sick? It's you huggers who would do anything to prop up Nutt. It's the U of A..Not the U of Nutt..I swear you guys are so off the truth it does literally make me sick. 1600 texts to a woman and all you say is gossip? That's freakin retarded..

holtzhog

Mow'em down lawn hog. My wife would divorce me over this issue

razorbass

Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 09, 2007, 07:09:14 pm
You know what's sad? You know what makes me sick? It's you huggers who would do anything to prop up Nutt. It's the U of A..Not the U of Nutt..I swear you guys are so off the truth it does literally make me sick. 1600 texts to a woman and all you say is gossip? That's freakin retarded..
Not a hugger just a fan!!!!!! :-\

woodworth

Quote from: LawnHog48 on May 09, 2007, 07:09:14 pm

It has been stated ad nauseam that 'huggers' put Nutt above the program. In fact, I think it is the exact opposite.

People that DON'T want Nutt fired, don't want him fired because a.) we have gone to a bowl every year he has been here with the exception of 2 Harrod scandal-plagued years that NUTT HIMSELF said would be lean.....b.) we are coming off of a 10-4 season....c.) we have the potential to be even better next year....d.) recruiting is improving - while our recruiting rankings will never be top 10, our last couple of classes have been far deeper than our classes during the 'cloud' years a few years ago (if you want evidence, we passed on Broderick Green)....e.) firing Nutt right now would be a huge blow to the PROGRAM - the coaching search would be far worse than our recent bball search, and all of our present recruiting relationships would be lost.

All of these reasons deal with the past, present, and future state of the PROGRAM.

Now, for the reasons 'darksiders' want Nutt fired. a.) Malzahn, DW, and MM left - they are no longer associated with the program, and by many accounts, were detrimental to it while they were here - 'darksiders' seem more worried about these 3 who used to be part of the PROGRAM than those that are currently a part of the PROGRAM....b.) TP scandal - yes, the email was a terrible thing to write....but Nutt didn't write it! Even if he DID know about it sooner than he admitted, he didn't feel obligated to issue a public reprimand since public reprimands had never been issued for the countless emails Rojo, Reggie Fish, and others received. Again, this has nothing to do with results on the football field...c.) text message scandal - this ENTIRE scandal (and parts of the TP scandal) were started SOLELY by fans, who hate HDN so much that they don't care how badly the PROGRAM is negatively affected, as long as HDN leaves as soon as possible...d.) poor instate recruiting - this WOULD BE a legitimate concern (as it affects wins/losses), but so many fans are misguided about it that I feel the need to address it. Last year we lost two instate recruits we wanted - Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns. That was unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances (Ziemba's parents, Burns being 1 year behind Mustain). Nutt has lost VERY FEW in state recruits that we WANTED, and most of those have been from Warren.

All but the latter of these concerns have nothing to do with on-field performance (success of the program) and all about HDN himself. For this reason, I believe that darksiders put Nutt above the program, while 'huggers' put the program above all.