Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRIVE to TULSA or CHEER for Troy St.

Started by jfb4ever, May 05, 2007, 02:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigs rule

Quote from: claytongray on May 05, 2007, 03:50:42 pm
IMO, a "real fan"...
...can choose not to attend Hog games.
...can choose not to send money to the Razorbacks.
...can choose not to watch the Hogs on TV.
...can spend their time watching other teams.
...can never hope the Hogs lose or cheer for their opponent.
Wrong. An uninterested bystander could chose to IGNORE the program like you say. A fan of the PROGRAM, a HOG FAN, will attend whenever they can and watch whatever games they can.
Now, you don't have to spend money if you can't afford to do so. You don't have to donate if you can't afford to do so. But no fan I know of would ignore the program as you suggest.JMHO.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: hogfan47 on May 05, 2007, 08:20:16 pm
Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 02:48:29 pm
             The only alternative is to support the lack of INTEGRITY of Nutt and BROYLES?????? Unless Franks New 8 Year Contract as a CONSULTANT is Burned we are DONE!!!!!!!

i make this vow here and now .
I will pour my drink down the back of any Razorback fan in front of me pulling for a opposing team
And I will kick him down the bleachers.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Hogs R Us

Quote from: RazorRaider on May 06, 2007, 02:27:28 am
Quote from: Hogs R Us on May 06, 2007, 12:32:56 am
Quote from: weresoclose on May 05, 2007, 03:02:35 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 05, 2007, 02:56:41 pm
Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 02:54:47 pm
               I know this sounds radical, but all of you will give up on Arkansas, if we have 8 more years of this!

The hell i will.  I will be at every game regardless what happens.  Thats what seperates real fans from you.

I don't have time to support something I don't enjoy.  After DMac/Felix go, I'm done as long as the Nutts are still around.  Maybe you just have all the time in the world to support lost causes, but I sure as hell don't.
So your in favor of running the ball more I assume since they are the reason why your going to find time to watch?   What a joke.  Just go now, your not doing anyone any favors. And by the way, the Nutts are the ones that got them here.

DMac would have played for the hogs regardless of who was the coach.
Your totally clueless. 

Immensehog

I vote for jfb4ever for moron of the year!

This thread is a pile of horsesh#t!!!

Congratulations! 

Idiot!!
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

jfb4ever

If some of you had bothered to read more of this , you would realize the point is does Integrity Matter. Most of us(including myself) would rather call each other names, and prove we are right, than even Talk about Integrity!

Immensehog

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 06, 2007, 10:40:07 pm
            If some of you had bothered to read more of this , you would realize the point is does Integrity Matter. Most of us(including myself) would rather call each other names, and prove we are right, than even Talk about Integrity!

So rooting for Troy gives me integrity?

Thanks for hammering home my points.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

hawaiianhogster

Troy is going to come with a back hand from hell. Nutt will be doing the nasty in his britches. At the end of the game everyone will wander what just happened to Arkansas. It will be funny watching the quizzical looks on everyones face (Priceless). Yea I'm talking smack but it feels good to get it out of my system. But you never know until the game is played what will happen. See you on gameday.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 06, 2007, 10:40:07 pm

You are full of it! You are telling me that if we had a coach who constantly went 4-7, but he brought integrity to the program, you would still want him? Give me a break. You wouldn't care if OJ Simpson was our coach as long as he won ballgames.

hogsanity

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:07:42 pm
               Have we had a definition of a Real Fan, by those who want us all to support this total lack of INTEGRITY by our Leaders????????

Look up fan, as used in the context of sport, and see what the definition of it and ist root words are.  Basically, a fan is a fanatic, and he support their team regardless, thats what makes them fanatic.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gangstaback

HAHAHAHA!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
since when does a person have to define a word... LOL. seriously... cant believe you even took the time to copy paste. you have to know, some people are just not worth your time.

Quote from: PigWig on May 05, 2007, 03:12:50 pm
re·al

–adjective
1. true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent: the real reason for an act. 
2. existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious: a story taken from real life. 
3. being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up. 
4. being actually such; not merely so-called: a real victory. 
5. genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic: a real antique; a real diamond; real silk. 
6. unfeigned or sincere: real sympathy; a real friend. 
7. Informal. absolute; complete; utter: She's a real brain. 
8. Philosophy. a. existent or pertaining to the existent as opposed to the nonexistent. 
b. actual as opposed to possible or potential. 
c. independent of experience as opposed to phenomenal or apparent. 

9. (of money, income, or the like) measured in purchasing power rather than in nominal value: Inflation has driven income down in real terms, though nominal income appears to be higher. 
10. Optics. (of an image) formed by the actual convergence of rays, as the image produced in a camera (opposed to virtual). 
11. Mathematics. a. of, pertaining to, or having the value of a real number. 
b. using real numbers: real analysis; real vector space. 

Hoggypooh

PowderedToastMan

I know this sounds radical, but all of you will give up on Arkansas, if we have 8 more years of this!

The hell i will.  I will be at every game regardless what happens.  Thats what seperates real fans from you.

I don't have time to support something I don't enjoy.  After DMac/Felix go, I'm done as long as the Nutts are still around.  Maybe you just have all the time in the world to support lost causes, but I sure as hell don't.

Well, I am always going to be a FAN of the Hogs.  You could put Osama Bin Laden as the AD and Kim Jong-Il as the HC and I would cheer for the Hogs.  I cheer for the team, I don't care who is in charge.  Any REAL fan would not argue with me on that point.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Silver Hog

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 05, 2007, 10:53:34 pm
Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 05:47:35 pm
              Coach Nutt bashes himself and makes the UA look bad almost everytime he speaks. I do not Hate Coach Nutt, but I will not Support his Lack of Integrity! If it makes you feel better to blame me for Nutts lack of ability to Recruit go for it!

Give me one indisputable fact of lack of integrity...

"I called that play brotha."

Proven liar right there.

dman

I am a Hog fan, HDN is the HC, JFB is the AD and has proven to be great in the past.  HDN made some of the dumbest coaching moves a coach could have last year and probably lost us 2 games, but he is STILL the HC.  Until he is NOT the HC he is the with the Hogs and I am a Hogs fan as already stated. n I don't believe HDN will believe the HC after next year, if not good riddance, if he is, we can do nothing about that either.,  Love the Hogs and support them to a huge season. 

WADHOG

Quote from: swisshog on May 05, 2007, 02:57:56 pm

Define  "Real".
Someone who doesn't have "Go Tulsa" and "Go USC" as a part of their avatar.

hoginator

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwnn.
Someone please wake me when this is over...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Hammerhead Hog

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:00:19 pm
        Just my opinion, real fans want Integrity and Coaches who play to Win!

They don't cheer for their team to lose!! That's ridiculous!!

HawgWyld

Given the choice between driving to Tulsa or cheering on Troy State, I think I'd rather sit at home and ignore both games completely (which is exactly what I do whenever the Hogs play some crap team from an inferior conference, anyway).

Hell, the only way the Troy State game will be significant at all is if the Hogs somehow manage to lose it.

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: moncrieffan on May 05, 2007, 02:50:15 pm
If those are yur choices then drive to Tulsa.  HDN or not I could never cheer for the HOGS to lose.

You got that right brother. I will have two signs. One says fire Nutt, the other says go hogs. Just becasue there is a rat in the house, you don't torch the house to get rid of it.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: MuleriderFan on May 07, 2007, 07:24:08 am

Well, I am always going to be a FAN of the Hogs.  You could put Osama Bin Laden as the AD and Kim Jong-Il as the HC and I would cheer for the Hogs.  I cheer for the team, I don't care who is in charge.  Any REAL fan would not argue with me on that point.

+1 Mule Rider well said
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

sihog

The only alternative is to support the lack of INTEGRITY of Nutt and BROYLES?????? Unless Franks New 8 Year Contract as a CONSULTANT is Burned we are DONE!!!!!!!
If you are going to cheer for Troy St, then go to Tulsa.
GO HOGS GO

grayhawg

[/quote]And stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michaelt

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:00:19 pm
        Just my opinion, real fans want Integrity and Coaches who play to Win!

again; define "REAL".
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Michaelt

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 05:23:14 pm
The purpose of this post was to discuss if we were supporting the lack of Integrity of our Leaders???

So I know what you're talking about before I respond to your queries, why don't you define for me your views on the "lack of integrity" that you have posted numerous times? I'd like to know your thoughts on what you feel is lacking, then I can better respond to that.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

razorbackmike

Quote from: sihog on May 07, 2007, 12:42:38 pm

So does this mean if my pastor lacks integrity then I should Root for the Devil until God makes a switch?

Since 1894

I think I will call those hogs.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Silver Hog

Quote from: sihog on May 07, 2007, 12:42:38 pm

I don't understand. Is Troy St in Oklahoma?

LordStanleysHog

I can't believe this is still up, but...I guess I would define a "real fan" as someone who at the end of the day, with or without agreement with the coaching staff or university, will still call the Hogs and root for us to beat any opponent.  You can disagree with every coach on staff, the university, etc... and still be a "real fan" just like you disagree with the President, voice those concerns and still be a "patriotic" American.  But a "real fan" doesn't throw the entire team under the bus just because you don't like the head coach.  As far as I'm concerned, you can cuse and howl about what the coaching staff is doing or isn't doing on the message boards, to your friends, etc... but the moment you step foot into that stadium, a stadium that was built for you, then you leave it at the door.  Oh, sure you can disagree with play calls, etc... but by God, the one thing you don't do is root for the other team to beat us.  That's my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

jfb4ever

If someone were to cheer for Troy, they might be cheering for the Winner!

arslp

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 05, 2007, 10:53:34 pm
Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 05:47:35 pm
              Coach Nutt bashes himself and makes the UA look bad almost everytime he speaks. I do not Hate Coach Nutt, but I will not Support his Lack of Integrity! If it makes you feel better to blame me for Nutts lack of ability to Recruit go for it!

Give me one indisputable fact of lack of integrity...

I'll be glad to give you my opinion of lack of integrity..................

Someone who would root for any team opposing the Razorbacks (for any possible reason) while claiming to be a Razorback fan.

Someone who would drive to Tulsa and support an out of state team when our Razorbacks are playing.

Posts like this; and people who would for any reason pull for another team screaming about the lack of integrity....That's just precious.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

arslp

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 07, 2007, 09:25:04 pm
               If someone were to cheer for Troy, they might be cheering for the Winner!

Please go supposedly support another team.  You're not someone that's ever on anybody's side if you don't get your little way.  You're not helping your cause, whatever the heck it is. 
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Gosnellhog

DeuceHawg

The problem is that there are people who don't have a life and once someone says they don't like Nutt they agree and take it TOO FAR.  Then they try to get shock value and say that they are going to cheer against the hogs or be tulsa fans like we give a crap what this one untrue fan feels.  SUPPORT THE TEAM IF YOU WON'T SUPPORT THE COACH.  Is it Monk's fault?  Is it McFadden's?

PowderedToastMan

Who ever any of you guys want to support, go for it. I for one could care less who you want to support.  I will call the hogs til the day I die.  Unlike some people, I can see beyond who the HC or AD is.  All I see is the red and white. 
If you want to take your ball and go home when stuff doesn't go your way, see you later.  Nobody cares if you want to support a C-USA or Sun Belt school.  You have a right to choose who you want to cheer for.  But, if you want to support one of those schools, whats the point of coming on here and announcing it to everyone?
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

longtimeHogfan

May 08, 2007, 07:36:31 am #134 Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:38:37 am by longtimeHogfan

The heck you say.  Well, I'm glad to get that cleared up once and for all.  So it's physical attendance at games that makes you a fan?  I did not know that. 

I don't exactly know how to break this to you, but I'm am the most wild-eyed, slobbering, rabid Hog fan SOB you'll ever meet and I don't plan to spend one dime watching in person as long as Dale remains on the sideline. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.