Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy probably wins the SEC Overall title

Started by chiefsfan, April 30, 2007, 11:12:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Gosh I hope Im wrong, But Vandy plays @ Georgia , plays @ Auburn and then hosts LSU to finish the year.   They are tied with us in the standings.  We play LSU @ Alabama and Ole Miss.    Vandy has the easier schedule, but we have the tiebreak

Then again, winning the overall is about pride.  Keep playing like we are, and we'll get a top 8 national seed, and that is the first goal we have to accomplish this season
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BigDave70

Whatever the Hogs will oull it out and win in the end
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

BigDave70

Sorry about that The Hogs will pull it out and win in the end
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

jst01

I'd rather have 2 home series left than 2 road series left.  Vandy loses series at auburn i think(hope,pray) 

Ouachihog

Our #1 concern right now is getting Duke Welker back to the form of 3 weeks ago.  If he does, then we could sweep LSU. 

Sweeping OM or Bama will not happen, IMO.  If I had to take a stab at it, I would project SEC regular season finish like this....

1. Vanderbilt   22-8
2. Arkansas    21-9

2nd SEC overall, West Champion, Top 8 National Seed.  I want us to win the overall SEC as bad as anybody, but a top 8 national seed and NCAA tourney success should be our ultimate goal. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

TuckFexas

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 01, 2007, 03:58:26 pm
Our #1 concern right now is getting Duke Welker back to the form of 3 weeks ago.  If he does, then we could sweep LSU. 

Sweeping OM or Bama will not happen, IMO.  If I had to take a stab at it, I would project SEC regular season finish like this....

1. Vanderbilt   22-8
2. Arkansas    21-9

2nd SEC overall, West Champion, Top 8 National Seed.  I want us to win the overall SEC as bad as anybody, but a top 8 national seed and NCAA tourney success should be our ultimate goal. 

I don't likah way ya thank (But I could see it ending up this way)
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Ouachihog

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 01, 2007, 04:05:35 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 01, 2007, 03:58:26 pm

1. Vanderbilt   22-8
2. Arkansas    21-9

I don't likah way ya thank (But I could see it ending up this way)

I don't like it either, I've just seen Vandy make up some ground recently as the Hogs lost some games they probably shouldn't have (UGA and AU).  I just don't see Vandy losing another series.  Maybe they will lose 3 of their remaining 9 and we might win a tiebreaker over them. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

ThisTeetsTaken

Screw that. I say we just go ahead and win the damn thing.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BigDave70

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 01, 2007, 07:05:53 pm
Im with you, like mikeb said screw vandy

Ouachihog

Quote from: BigDave70 on May 02, 2007, 01:20:44 am
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 01, 2007, 07:05:53 pm
Im with you, like mikeb said screw vandy

Sounds good to me. 

hogsmaster

Nice to win the conference title, but hoping for more.

PigDaddyKane

While winning the overall would be nice.  Its winning in Omaha that counts.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

PigWig

I think everyone watching the Ark-Vandy series knows who the better team is. It would be nice to be SEC champs in something other than track though.

Since 1894

1.  They have the easier schedule (in terms of teams to play), but we are at home more than they are.

2.  Yes I want to win the regular season, but isn't the SEC tournament more important?  It is my understanding that TPB will give more weight to the conference tournament when they make their selections for Regionals.  We will get a regional, but we need a good showing in the SEC tournament to make sure we get into the top 8, thus hosting a super regional, assuming we win the regional.

3.  GO HOGS GO
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.