Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

Deandre is down to his top 5.  In alphabetical order,
1  Arkansas
2  Illinois, has offered
3  Memphis, has offered
4  Purdue
5  Virginia, has offered

Deandre is a 4 star recruit out of Chicago,  he led his team to a 24-6 record this season.  Liggins is listed at 6-6 and is ranked the #15 small forward in the nation by rivals.  He is considered to have the best midrange game since Bobby Simmons in Chicago. 

Tomhog™

Another Chicago stud that could be very good in the SEC.  We could use another 3 since Weems is going to be finished after next year.  Hopefully, JP can work the recruiting trail hard and heavy.  He's got his work cut out for him.  I'm sure he is mainly focused on '07 and filling the two openings...

jhudson84

Another article that I found was soley on the advantage of Liggins being a lanky point, and his advantage to see over the defense.  We would much rather have him as a 3 than a 1.

hawg1504

I have watched him play numerous of times and this kid can go. He could be a pg at the college level. He like to pass the ball and is very talented at it. I see him playing the 2 guard in college.

The_Bionic_Pig

Rivals is saying we have already offered - Deandre Liggins Profile  On 3/15/07 he stated to the Illionis rivals reporter that Memphis & Arkansas were his leaders.  He was a teamate of Eric Gordon at last years Real Deal. 

DeAndre has one of the best midrange jumpers that the city of Chicago has seen, and is virtually automatic from 18 feet in. Everyone says he is a carbon copy of Scottie Pippen but with amazing passing skills.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

Boy Bruce Weber can ill afford to lose another highly regarded Illinois HS prospect.

If Derrick Rose stays at Memphis more then 1 year he and Liggins will be real tough on opposing teams PGs.

I wonder if Willie Kemp will be transferring to Tenn after his sophomore season, maybe he will think about coming to ARK.

jhudson84

Quote from: HawgG on April 12, 2007, 12:07:51 pm
Boy Bruce Weber can ill afford to lose another highly regarded Illinois HS prospect.

If Derrick Rose stays at Memphis more then 1 year he and Liggins will be real tough on opposing teams PGs.

I wonder if Willie Kemp will be transferring to Tenn after his sophomore season, maybe he will think about coming to ARK.

we sure use kemp and have the schollys affored for him to sit a year

HawgG

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 12, 2007, 12:26:28 pm

Speaking of Kemp I saw him dominate Mike Conley Jr at last year's Real Deal.

I always claimed that Conley jr was just a product of Greg Oden and he would be exposed when Oden wasn't on the court with him.

Boy was I wrong and so was a lot of other people that wrote and said that Mike was overrated.

I love Oden, but OSU would not have been the team they were without JR.

I know he is thinking about turning PRO and IMO he should because the upside is there for him to excel at the next level.

Without a doubt the one most important position is PG.

While Heath signed some good players w/o a doubt the reason why his program never took the big step forward can be traced back to the 2004 class.

Losing Daniel Gibson and Kyle Lowery essentially defined the ARK program under his regime here.

Ask Billy Gillespie, Jay Wright, and Rick Barnes about what having a great PG means to the program and the HC.

The school wins and gets the attention of great players and the coaches get big raises and/or opportunities to coach at Kentucky. :)

dotnet

Ask a coach who's pg led his team to an 0-16 mark in a weak conference about having a great pg?  That doesn't make sense.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: dotnet on April 12, 2007, 05:21:54 pm
Ask a coach who's pg led his team to an 0-16 mark in a weak conference about having a great pg?  That doesn't make sense.

??????

HawgG

You are right your statement doesn't make sense.

What do you mean?

IcEwalker

we have to get some big men because we are losing hill, townes, and thomas. but we are also losing weems, so liggins is a key recruit.

dotnet

Quote from: HawgG on April 12, 2007, 11:32:04 pm
You are right your statement doesn't make sense.

What do you mean?

Quote from: HawgG on April 12, 2007, 02:07:36 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on April 12, 2007, 12:26:28 pm

Without a doubt the one most important position is PG.

Ask Billy Gillespie about what having a great PG means to the program and the HC.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought it made sense.  I don't understand why you would ask BG about having a great PG?  I don't understand how you could call Acie Law XL a great pg. 

I think he was fantastic in the clutch and did a lot for A&M.  But there is no great pg who ever let his team go 0-16 in the weak (at least in the bottom half) little 12.  I understand he didn't have "much talent", but he had an NBA first round draft pick and five star recruit that at the three. 

I can name you five freshman pg's from this year who would have at least one a game with that team against a crappy Nebraska, Colorado, Baylor, KState, etc. 

The only thing BG knows about having a great pg is how to recruit one in Deron Williams.

Urgh

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 12, 2007, 12:04:40 pm
Rivals is saying we have already offered - Deandre Liggins Profile  On 3/15/07 he stated to the Illionis rivals reporter that Memphis & Arkansas were his leaders.  He was a teamate of Eric Gordon at last years Real Deal. 

DeAndre has one of the best midrange jumpers that the city of Chicago has seen, and is virtually automatic from 18 feet in. Everyone says he is a carbon copy of Scottie Pippen but with amazing passing skills.

I'm pretty sure Scottie Pippen had some amazing passing skills as well.   ;)

TRUHOG718

Why is he transferring?
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

mbgrulz

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on April 16, 2007, 05:45:28 pm

Why is he transferring?
i dont think he is, but the possibilities of him doing it goes up since Memphass just signed the best PG in the country in D. Rose

Realist

Kemp isn't transferring, his mom is about to die in Memphis.  That is the only reason he stayed there in the first place

HawgG

Quote from: Realist on April 18, 2007, 06:10:55 pm
Kemp isn't transferring, his mom is about to die in Memphis.  That is the only reason he stayed there in the first place

Man I know you by the name of Realist but I don't think you should have wrote that about Kemp's mom.

I am very aware of Kemp' mom heath situation and that was a big topic when he was deciding on a college to choose from in the first place.

His mom told Willie to not let her sickness affect his college decision.He could have chosen to attend UT which was a lot closer to their home of Boliver,Tn.

FBfan

Quote from: HawgG on April 18, 2007, 10:27:28 pm

Man I know you by the name of Realist but I don't think you should have wrote that about Kemp's mom.

I am very aware of Kemp' mom heath situation and that was a big topic when he was deciding on a college to choose from in the first place.

His mom told Willie to not let her sickness affect his college decision.He could have chosen to attend UT which was a lot closer to their home of Boliver,Tn.

Bolivar is much closer to Memphis than Knoxville.

Proud Hog

This kid is a must get.He can play about 3 or 4 positions.

Realist

Quote from: HawgG on April 18, 2007, 10:27:28 pm

Wow don't talk of what you don't know
A) Bolivar, TN is practically North memphis.  www.mapquest.com  try it.   
B) His mom does have kidney failure and he has said himself she doesn't have much longer. 
C) She said that yes, but it still affected his decision regardless.   

thahawg

His team won the tournament in Houston this weekend.

HawgG

Quote from: RealistWow don't talk of what you don't know
A) Bolivar, TN is practically North memphis.  www.mapquest.com  try it.   
B) His mom does have kidney failure and he has said himself she doesn't have much longer. 
C) She said that yes, but it still affected his decision regardless

A) Bolivar,Tn is East of Memphis and South of Jackson. However it is closer to Memphis then Knoxville.

B) I never said that his mom wasn't sick, I know that. I just didn't think it was appropriate to mention in the recruiting forum that "his mom is about to die." I know what that is like.

C) No response required.

moses_007

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 12, 2007, 12:04:40 pm

Now if we can just get the carbon copy of Michael Jordan we will be all set.