Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL posts about Altman's PC in Omaha go HERE (Seriously, read more and post less)

Started by Mark Lericos, April 04, 2007, 11:01:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Lericos

This would be the 2nd installment of the Dana Altman press conference: this one from Omaha at Noon.

We'll carry it live, I know some of you might not be interested since he left, but it's possible he alludes to why he left more than he did yesterday.

Anyway, just FYI.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mark Lericos

for those outside of NWA, you can watch it on our sister station in Omaha... they'll stream it live on their website:

www.ketv.com

razorbackfan4life

Thanks Mark!  I'll be sure and watch it.

GrantMerrill

Hey Mark... Are your reporters at the sister station aware of Wally's column this morning, and if so will they question him as to if that was a factor in him leaving?

CardinalHog

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

PigKahuna

Ok, it's noon....no presser...

is it still happening?

AFWarrior83

Do we really want him to say why he left? It might hurt the UofA even more, but I guess it's going to come out sooner or later.
Hogville member since 2005.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Trottsky

Quote from: PigKahuna on April 04, 2007, 12:01:56 pm
Ok, it's noon....no presser...

is it still happening?

Maybe he got cold feet...

PigKahuna

has to see that this guy is an emotional wreck and wanted to run home.

This has NOTHING to do with academics, drug tests, etc.

He loves Creighton, was greeted here with unhappiness with his hiring and he wanted to go home.

End of story.

AFWarrior83

Could someone be kind an sum up what's said? I know someone will. My work has a firewall that prevents me from getting stream videos.

PigWig

DrSwineESQ

bigyellowdog

Bring Back Heath

It feels like Deja Vu

"this is where I will end my coaching career"

BCRavens

Agreed. He appears like he's about to break down.

And he just said that Creighton is where he will finish his coaching career, which got him a round of applause.

Good luck to him
Cub Fan - Bud Man

ColumbianHog

Quote from: PigKahuna on April 04, 2007, 12:09:23 pm

He loves Creighton, was greeted here with unhappiness with his hiring and he wanted to go home.

End of story.

Boo-hoo.  I'm 40 something years old and homesick after one day in Arkansas. 

Maybe there is something more to his leaving and maybe he is trying to take the high road by blaming it on family but he's not getting any sympathy from me by using that excuse.

Method Ham

It amazes me that everyone wants to tear the program down from WITHIN.  Let this go, let's hire another coach, WIN SOME GAMES NEXT YEAR, and restore some dignity to being Arkansan in the nation's eye.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

THIS IS HOGVILLE!!!!

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: BCRavens on April 04, 2007, 12:10:52 pm
Agreed. He appears like he's about to break down.

And he just said that Creighton is where he will finish his coaching career, which got him a round of applause.

Good luck to him

After this, he wont have a choice but to finish his career at creighton!

hogsanity

End of story.

As  I said earlier, when he turned on the 10pm news here on Monday night, saw interviews with fans and a internet poll showing DEFINITE unhappiness with is hiring, how would you have felt.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ridgerunnerpiggie

GAWD!  He is BORING!  We're better off in the end, folks!
Go Hogs!

AFWarrior83

That pud wouldn't last 1 season in the SEC, what a stupid "STUPID" hire!

HawgAlude

Good. I think he made the correct decision should have never been offered nor accepted position. Glad he is gone. Period. Time to move on.

bigyellowdog

Screw him.  I hope his wife ends up in The Tavern.

Lokirain

hogsanity

Quote from: bigyellowdog on April 04, 2007, 12:13:05 pm

Wow, we are a classy classy bunch.  I am not sure I would want to come here either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Reaganite

It's a good thing that's where he wants to end his career, because his likelyhood of ever going anywhere else is now NIL.

He is exuding weakness in this presser man.

Hammibal Lecter

what would have happened if the creighton AD would have said "non" you cant come back?

Hes just deadpanning on how hard it was, said it was "even hard to get on the plane" to come to UA
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Tripod1

Nothing wrong with emotion.  Good for him if Creighton is where he and his family want to be then by all means stay there.  I agree with the person above.  Why do we in Arkansas seem to want to tear ourselves to little bits?  He took the high road so why don't we?  We will get a coach and we will win games. 

Oliver

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2007, 12:12:14 pm

End of story.

As  I said earlier, when he turned on the 10pm news here on Monday night, saw interviews with fans and a internet poll showing DEFINITE unhappiness with is hiring, how would you have felt.

Boo hoo.  Win the fans over.  You are getting paid just short of 2 million dollars a year.  The man has no sack.

Bring Back Heath

Quote from: hogsanity on April 04, 2007, 12:14:10 pm

Wow, we are a classy classy bunch.  I am not sure I would want to come here either.
His wife is gonna be in the tavern regardless lol

Newcoachplease

Not saying anything too important. Thanks Creighton let him back. Just said it was a tough decision. Now he is talking about how he will be there til he retires. Talking about possibly winning National Championships at Creighton. Taking questions from the audience now. Not really anything about why he left so far

BRizzleDizzle

this press conference sounds very familiular...wants to finish his career there...sounds like a song I heard monday

bigyellowdog

April 04, 2007, 12:15:55 pm #38 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:18:13 pm by bigyellowdog

Maybe I was a little harsh there.  Just blowing off a little steam.  But I am sick of hearing about him and his poor homesick self after only one day away. It is best he went back.  I was actually one of his biggest supporters.  I was living in Kansas when he left there and said he wanted to be closer to home, so this should have not have caught me off-gueard.  I am more frustrated with myself for actually buying into his hire.  It is time for us to move on though.

Reaganite

Most wouldn't want a nutt hugger coaching anyway.  ;)

Fried

Every single time we slam this man, I have to return to the harsh reality that as bad as he MIGHT BE (I'm not seeing "weakness" like you guys are), he rejected our butts!

hogsanity

Quote from: bigyellowdog on April 04, 2007, 12:15:55 pm

Maybe I was a little harsh there.  Just blowing off a littel steam.  But I am sick of hearing about him and his poor homesick self after only one day away. It is best he went back.  It is also time to move on. 

Fair enough. 

Hammibal Lecter

here we go...talking about alleged problems in the athletic dept. Dana says that stuff is "not true"

Lokirain

I am watching it right now. This guy is a loser and I am sooo glad he's gone. We don't need this type of second rate coach here anyway.

Newcoachplease

Denying reports of "problems" in the Athletic Department. Saying players need to get to class. Maybe houston gave him some of that kool-aid when they went to lunch yesterday! :)

PigKahuna

Wally....you're up...sticking with your story?

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on April 04, 2007, 12:15:12 pm

Maybe you should move out of the state.

lol...

Hammibal Lecter

says " do they have some players that need to get to class?" and "yes, but we have some players that need to get to class too"

AFWarrior83

So what's the top dollar we can afford for a BBall coach? Would we do a Bama except in BBall?

BCRavens

He just said any problems at Arkansas had nothing to do with his decision to go back. Said it was just in his heart to go back. Apparently got a call from Arkansas this morning, perhaps concerning the Wally article. Said he had made his decision Monday night.
Cub Fan - Bud Man