Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All you Dana Altman lovers, come to the Dinner table, Crow is now served!

Started by Big_D, April 04, 2007, 01:18:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokirain

We told ya so. Hopefully we can now go out and get a coach we can be proud of.

The Hawg Marshal

I never wanted DA as coach, but he was who we got so I was going to support the guy. But I'm sorry no one should be eating crow, this is a tragedy. I only hope we can recover from this some time in the next decade. And unless the BOT takes some action and cleans this mess up, we may never recover. JFB,White and Nutt all need to go now. Get smart, honest people to fill their shoes and begin the slow painful rebuilding process. Nobody should eat crow for genuinely caring about the Razorbacks. JMHO

cradlehog

In all fairness to Altman, that had to be an extremely difficult decision he had to make.  Why is it the bad guys never leave?  I agree with you JBR!

Tomhog™

Quote from: BallHog1 on April 04, 2007, 08:18:52 am
Quote from: Tomcat on April 04, 2007, 07:51:14 am
No crow-eating is necessary.  Dana would have stayed if there wasn't a cancer on the Hill...

I agree, don't see the need for any crow...now humble pie does look to be on the menu and I'd say its going to be a specialty on the Hill for a while.

I think we've meditated on the song too long and it's gone to our heads "O Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're an Arkansaw Razerback fan..."

EChavez

Quote from: HawgG on April 04, 2007, 02:55:12 am
Quote from: HoggusMaximusi bet stan is laughing his head off.

I have heard that Stan started smiling when Billy Gillespie turned down the job.

You might be right he was probably rolling on the USF floor with laughter this evening.

I seriously doubt Heath is smiling much considering the recent rumors of his coaching ethics.

taoteching

Dana Altman did the right thing.  He asked and demanded the proper academic and discipline support.  He could not get it. He left.

Many people share the blame for Dana Altman Leaving. 

John White needs to be blamed for not allowing Dana Altman to bring his assistants.  Academics and team discipline should receive top priority if we are ever going to have a top program. 

Frank Broyles should have been here to make Dana Altman welcome.  He was more interested in the Masters Golf tournament than he was the proper transition for the new coach.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Big_D on April 04, 2007, 01:18:33 am
For all you Altman lovers, here it goes ..... told you so.

No I didn't want him. For all of you calling us idiots, give him a chance, he'll be great, blah  blah  blah

How do you want that crow, medium or well done. And oh by the way we have a featured Chef from a mid major restaurant cooking for you tonight, say hello to Chef Dana. He will be serving for dessert, pie a la I'm a quitter . With a Blue Jay on top.

All I have to say ........     U !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

porkchopscott

LOL deltaboy thats great and for the other who is serving crow Ill second  Deltaboy post and NOW WE AL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ON THE HILL and any fool that can see a frieght train coming and doesnt get out of the way is idiot .. Dana went, kept his mouth shut.. GOOD4HIM

Hog in MO

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:30:35 am
Quote from: Table Rocker on April 04, 2007, 08:28:04 am
i support new coach's until they give me reason to do otherwise. so no, i won't eat crow, that doesn't even make any sense for this situation.

LOL, you Altman leg humper, you'd support a turd if Broyles put a Hogs hat on it.

Seems we've all been supporting a rather large turd for quite some time now.  Go ahead and get happy about that. 

football-writer

Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

bigbrutha

No I didn't want him. For all of you calling us idiots, give him a chance, he'll be great, blah  blah  blah

How do you want that crow, medium or well done. And oh by the way we have a featured Chef from a mid major restaurant cooking for you tonight, say hello to Chef Dana. He will be serving for dessert, pie a la I'm a quitter . With a Blue Jay on top.

Curious, did you want Gus Malzahn?

DCHawg

Tomcat et al have this one right. Thread should never have been started.

PeytonManningSUCKS

There's no crow to eat.  Most people were saying you can't pass judgment until he has coached at arkansas. He still has not coached at arkansas. 

If you had said, he's gonna leave tomorrow and I said, no he's not. I would gladly eat my crow.  As is, you're just talking out your pie hole.

football-writer

Quote from: PeytonManningSUCKS on April 04, 2007, 01:49:21 pm

There's no crow to eat.  Most people were saying you can't pass judgment until he has coached at arkansas. He still has not coached at arkansas. 

If you had said, he's gonna leave tomorrow and I said, no he's not. I would gladly eat my crow.  As is, you're just talking out your pie hole.

While I agree with your comment whole heartedly...gotta add...nice initials...P.M.S.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time