Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mike irwin gave an interesting reason why altman left this am

Started by greenheads, April 04, 2007, 07:57:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: taoteching on April 04, 2007, 12:20:14 pm
Quote from: greenheads on April 04, 2007, 07:57:34 am
he said altman realized there were some academic and "off the court issues" with several bb players.  He said nothing that couldn't be dealt with, probably not reasons they would be ineligible, but problems of the nature he did not have to deal with at Creighton.  Altman asked to bring in some of his non-coaching staff administrators from Creighton to help the situation and prevent these problems from happening in the future.  John White denied Altman's request. 

Irwin also said that these "problems" were of the same nature of what the FB parents discussed with Frank in the famous meeting the parents were so criticized for having called.

Seems Altman wanted to "clean up the BB program" (my words) and was denied the chance to do so.   

I feel that academics and discipline issues need to be addressed.
I'm sure you do hippie... haha, jk, I love the tao te ching.

bkofkells

As the cliche goes, a fish rots from its head. John White needs to be held accountable for this clusterduster mess.

trickyricky

Quote from: mor37459 on April 04, 2007, 09:53:42 am
Quote from: ishankem on April 04, 2007, 09:19:03 am
If Wall Hall supposedly tells it 'like it is', then spit it out.  He doesn't tell anything like it is.  He
is the biggest rumor spreader around.  Name names Wally!  Tell us exactly what is going on for a change.  After reading his article, I still don't know what is going on. 
wally is just looking out for himself and his paper sales...if he cared about arkansas bball he would not have approached the current situation in this way....he says that altman has integrity...then shows how much integrity he doesn't have by kicking the razorbacks when they were down....he is supposed to be a sports writer and tell everyone whats going on....way to go wally wait to tell everyone until we can't get a coach and write an article to make our program look like crap...i'm glad u said altman took the high road and looked out for the reputation of arkansas...i wish u would have done the same
lSounds like HDN again, blaming the media for all the problems on the hill.  Broyles and White are back in "damage control" mode and think they pulled a fast one by getting DA to say in public "he's going back to his old job for family reasons".  Are you kidding me.  Let's see here...you get offered a huge pay raise and promotion, who is the first person you talk to about the decision.  Your wife and family.  Do you people really think DA took this job and his wife all of a sudden said she wanted to stay at home.  These antics by the UA administration are a complete comedy act.  Once again, their trying to cover up all the problems in their attempt to save face with the fan base.  I'm starting to get some good laughs from all this as well.