Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was your first thought, honestly?

Started by darazorback, April 03, 2007, 08:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild6700

I was bartending at work and around 5pm one of my regulars was watching our TV and I saw his mouth wide open(ok maybe he had too much to drink) but I turn around look up and see it scroll across the screen. My first thought was only at ARKANSAS. Then I started thinking about Heath, down in the beautiful Flordia weather, laughing his a$$ off at us.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

KU JAYHAWK FAN

April 04, 2007, 01:39:05 am #101 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:36:27 pm by KU JAYHAWK FAN
Next!! :)

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

Boardon Hamsay

He coached at Creighton for 13 yrs, lived in Nebraska most of his life, made good money, and was loved by the fans.  Sounds like a comfort zone to me.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

baldhawgz

My first thought--Wonder what assistant coach Frank tried to push on him??

twistitup

I thought- 'this is crazy, and all the fans are in the dark, something is wrong on the Hill-
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

maxsl8er

My first thought?

Man, I've got do laundry, dishes, take the trash out, play with my kid, lift weights, and watch the season premier of The Shield. I'm gonna have a busy night!

IllmaticRackit

My first thought----We got what we deserved.
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

sharks89

In Letterman top 10 11 fashion,... (We need a lucky number and all the luck we can get right now)

11) I really didn't want that guy for Coach anyway,...
10) Poor Ol' frank won't be able to enjoy the Masters - HA HA!!!
9) The "Real Deal on the Hill" will be a huge opportunity lost
8) Stan must be crying from laughing so hard
7) On the Positive side, maybe the BOT will vote "NO CONFIDENCE" for Broyles, White,  as well as Nutt
6) More Pressure off of Nutt before the BOT meeting this week
5) We will have to settle for some stiff Doc Sadler or Dickie Nutt - NOOOOOO!!!!!
4) Why are we so cursed that can't we hire a descent basketball (or Football) coach?
3)Ol' Frank has lost his touch - time to retire,..
2) Altman - What a P _ _ _ Y !!!!
1) Our program is screwed for the next 5 years
Go Hogs!

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: My first thought was "Who cares?" He should of not ever been hired anyway. We have become a joke in FB and BB , and I am now apathetic towards both until the housecleaning is done.
     Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

luckyrazor

I couldn't believe it.. I was really upset.. after I saw his speech and he said that he wanted to retire here and then to turn right around and say oh I changed my mind... I think his wife changed his mind

tropical soooiee

Quote from: darazorback on April 03, 2007, 08:19:34 pm
What was your first thought that occured to you when you heard that he was returning to Creighton?

Honestly, my first thought was that the program must be dirty...very dirty. Altman didn't renege on his commitment because he really likes creighton or because the transition would be hard of his family. He left because when he got here he must have seen some things that made him not want to associate his name with the University of Arkansas Athletics. Come to think of it, there's a lot of that going around lately. I think I may have caught it last night.

The Real Joker

This is sheer comedy. I thought most of you were in love with Altman. What happened?

RZRBCK in Texas

My first thought as I read the Fort Worth Star Telegram this morning was, "WHAT !!!???!!! This has got to be a misprint." Then I logged onto Hogville and found out that sure enough, it is indeed true. What a joke our once proud program has become. To be honest, when the hire was announced I thought "who the heck is Dana Altman ?" Then, after reading his quotes from the press conference I allowed myself to be a little optimistic. Now, once again the apathy has set in. I feel that this may be just one of the many, many times that Frank thumbs his nose at the UofA for forcing him to retire before he was ready. There is absolutely no way any coach who has a hint of integrity will ever set foot on the campus of the University of Arkansas to coach our basketball program. I will be shocked if we can lure anyone big name to the hill. It just wont be done. And to think that I went out on a limb and defended our once proud program to the Texas media who were bashing it. I am ashamed of myself. I am sorry to say that until some major changes are made on the hill, I am off the Razorback bandwagon.

LJHOG

First thought has been banned from Hogville, but it had adios in it.  But after five minutes I was thinking we just dodged a bullet.  He don't have the intestinal makeup to coach in the SEC.

Immensehog

We suck if we don't look attractive to some goob from Omaha.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

KAHog

I laughed.  Sometimes when the night is at its darkest and it looks like you're doomed, it's the only thing you can do.  If I didn't laugh I would probably have cried at the state of our athletic department.

hawgslop74

My first thought was well S#@T, here we go again!
Then I thought Frank should hand out free vaseline before he does anything else.

zebra

HOGansHero

I think Dana Altman just thought he was HOME ALONE!!!   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :puke:

Then he...   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

HOGansHero

Quote from: 1WildHog on April 03, 2007, 09:08:36 pm
After hearing his press conference post introduction, I thought we'd hired the white Stan Heath. Glad he came to his senses, and left on his own so we can continue a REAL coach search. Arkansas is too big for his britches anyway. Adios amiga!

Can we hire your avatar...

bigbrutha

KARMA! For the PTB and even more so the HATEFUL fans.  Using the same criteria that defined Dana Altman as a "no name" coach on this site, Gus Malzahn's hire should have been the darkest day in Razorback history.  Keep reaping.

HOGansHero

dsewell70

Quote from: bigbrutha on April 04, 2007, 10:25:23 am
KARMA! For the PTB and even more so the HATEFUL fans.  Using the same criteria that defined Dana Altman as a "no name" coach on this site, Gus Malzahn's hire should have been the darkest day in Razorback history.  Keep reaping.

Interesting point...

astate

My thought was for HOG fans to get a clue.  Stan had a good season with all seniors returning, he was fired.  Nutt had the best year in football in quite a while at UA.   The fans hate him.   Expectations at UA are way too high.  No coach is going to leave a situation where they get along with their fans to come to a school where the fans run the show.  UA fans hate the coach even when he does ok, if they are not national champions.  Developing a National Champion takes time.  UA fans don't have the patience to allow a coach to build a National Champion team.  And if the coach does build such a team, he better win the big game every year or, just like Nolan, he'll get fired.  

RedSatinHog

My first response was that I had gotten my wish--that he would just get back on airplane bound for Creighton.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

TushCrush

I was driving back to town from fishing. I heard Chuck mention that he had gotten an email saying FoxSports was reporting that Altman was heading back to Nebraska.
My first thought was -
QuoteNow I'll never get a chance to text message Reva...

DrSwineESQ

I wondered how quickly I could erase all of my "I support Altman posts"

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: bigbrutha on April 04, 2007, 10:25:23 am

Excellent point.